Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,666 members, 7,854,819 topics. Date: Sunday, 09 June 2024 at 08:07 AM

Do I Owe It To My Ex? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Do I Owe It To My Ex? (879 Views)

Ladies, You Owe Us An Explanation!! / Do I Owe Her A Wake Up Call? / Should I Tell My Ex-Boyfriend That I Want Him Back? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do I Owe It To My Ex? by COOLWATER(m): 10:56am On Aug 05, 2009
I recently left my girl friend for reasons i felt wont help us if eventually we get married. Although she has refused to see any point in my reasons for leaving her. she wants me back and i have taken my time to explain to her that we will never be happy in marriage because marriage is not like courtship. i made it known to her that; what's the point getting married when she had always complained all through our years of dating and has broken up with me for like 4 times.

Now i am seeing someone else who i having sincere feelings for and to make matters worse she is pregnant for me. and because of this her pregnancy, i am begining to see a possibility of getting married to her sooner than i planned to settle down.

But my fears is this, it's barely 3 months i seperated from my ex and i am already thinking of settling down with a new girl.

Please nairalanders, do i owe her anything? although note that she holds no grudge against me. but i feel i should put her in the know.
Re: Do I Owe It To My Ex? by blackmann(m): 12:09pm On Aug 05, 2009
The word "Ex" means someone that "used to be". That person used to be and is now in the past. u don't owe her anything.
Re: Do I Owe It To My Ex? by posakosa(m): 2:09pm On Aug 05, 2009
You owe ur ex nothing.

Do not let her jealousy harm your unborn baby,  there are wicked people out there.

Its pleasant of you to break it off with her nicely/have a nice chat with her to let her know that u're about to settle and that you wish the same for her.

Go forward and never look back.
Re: Do I Owe It To My Ex? by kolaoloye(m): 2:46pm On Aug 05, 2009
You owe her nothing except prayers.
Re: Do I Owe It To My Ex? by touchmeder: 2:53pm On Aug 05, 2009
Sad but u nor owe the babe nada. it didnt work out it didnt
very few people will understand where you come from or why it happned so soon after you broke up
but its not in your place to go explaining for the world either
God knows the truth (so would a few people that are important to you)so move on with your life
i hope say u nor date gboro babe sha and hope youre prayerful. lol cheesy
Re: Do I Owe It To My Ex? by TheSeeker(m): 3:01pm On Aug 05, 2009
You owe her nothing. But you'll be the gentleman here and explain to her once more why you couldn't get married and make emphatically known to her that you're settling down with someone else. Be honest about your explanations and take it easy with her; matters are best resolved peacefully. Don't be haughty about it, be calm and responsible -- the mark of gentlemanliness.
Re: Do I Owe It To My Ex? by whitelexi(m): 3:23pm On Aug 05, 2009
TheSeeker:

You owe her nothing. But you'll be the gentleman here and explain to her once more why you couldn't get married and make emphatically known to her that you're settling down with someone else. Be honest about your explanations and take it easy with her; matters are best resolved peacefully. Don't be haughty about it, be calm and responsible -- the mark of gentlemanliness.

And to add to my friend's post above, you should not push it. . . Some naija chicks dont like correction and u may approach her in a gentle manner only to recieve a couple of slaps and loads of abuses for your trouble. If she's like that, then pick yourself up and move away. . . Perhaps when 2 or more guys tell her the same thing, it'll dawn on her that she needs to change something.
Re: Do I Owe It To My Ex? by chihakeem(m): 4:07pm On Aug 05, 2009
For no reasons do you owe her, people move on with life every day irrespective of who's fault it was.
Re: Do I Owe It To My Ex? by kok(m): 7:23pm On Aug 05, 2009
No! You dont owe her anything if your story is real!
Re: Do I Owe It To My Ex? by Seun(m): 9:52am On Aug 20, 2009
I bet you would have married your ex if she trapped you with a pregnancy. She must be regretting not doing that. How are you so sure the new girl is right for you after just 3 months? How do you know that you won't have worse issues with the new girl than the one you left your ex over?
Re: Do I Owe It To My Ex? by Ben13: 9:56am On Aug 20, 2009
You owe only respect to your ex.
Re: Do I Owe It To My Ex? by modupsie(f): 2:57pm On Aug 20, 2009
@ seun, God bless u

you don't even know the new girl yet, just 3 months and she is pregnant and u wanna marry her shocked shocked shocked
Re: Do I Owe It To My Ex? by steves: 3:06pm On Aug 20, 2009
Dear Coolwater,
Be cool,you only owed her the explanation you gave her but if she's refusing to understand,you cant do more cos trying will make you do what you wouldnt want to. You can learn more from this highly recommended site. It is   
http://essentials4relationship..com.  It has helped and still helping

(1) (Reply)

Is This Girl Worth Being A Friend. / Poem To Make A Lady's Heart Soar! / Help

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.