Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,742 members, 7,820,556 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:06 PM

Flood After Rain In Awka Anambra State Capital-pictures - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Flood After Rain In Awka Anambra State Capital-pictures (29475 Views)

VGC Lagos Flooded After Rain Yesterday Evening (Photos) / Terrible Condition Of Ejigbo After Rain (photos) / Flooded Shagari Yola Town In Adamawa State This Morning After Rain (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Flood After Rain In Awka Anambra State Capital-pictures by AnamCity: 11:34am On Apr 19, 2016
lolzzzz:
bros, unu gwa nu chino ko hapu IMO state, if not eh? This will continue, no amount of effort you put will stop it. cheesy

Go and settle with chino with whatever you have with him but we shall not stop hitting the nail on the head!
Re: Flood After Rain In Awka Anambra State Capital-pictures by Anambra1stSon(m): 11:35am On Apr 19, 2016
Poor boy that suppose to be worried on serious debt his state is he is busy creating silly threads about Anambra that i far better than his in all ramifications

Agu Awka road

1 Like

Re: Flood After Rain In Awka Anambra State Capital-pictures by Buchyke: 11:47am On Apr 19, 2016
No doubt that is Awka, Eke Awka to be precised. I know cos i graduated from Unizik and we used to rock that Smithland hotel in those days. I can attest that the so called ZIk Avenue is the major road in Awka and lack good drainage system. Meanwhile, that is not the only dualized road in Awka, the road at Agu Awka is there, the ministry of justice road off Arroma is also dualized.
lolzzzz:
This road called zik avenue in awka is the only dualized road in awka and still flood will not allow us rest.

We call on governor Willie obiano to do something.

2 Likes

Re: Flood After Rain In Awka Anambra State Capital-pictures by alobright17(m): 11:47am On Apr 19, 2016
TheArchangel:
Seun , is your server the problem or is mine messing up.?
his server I believe, because I am getting the same wrong signal as you
Re: Flood After Rain In Awka Anambra State Capital-pictures by ZUBY77(m): 11:56am On Apr 19, 2016
Akshow:
I can't count the number of dualized road in kano.

How old is Awka and how old is Kano?

Can you compare the number of Dualized roads in Lagos and Kano?
That's the more comparison because they are mates in terms of State creation and all.

Secondly, Kano State residents are mostly concentrated in Kano city.
Anambra has three or more places with over a million population each.

You can compare Kano and Enugu in terms of dualized urban roads.. Then we will check.

1 Like

Re: Flood After Rain In Awka Anambra State Capital-pictures by SycophanticGoat: 11:56am On Apr 19, 2016
lolzzzz:
This road called zik avenue in awka is the only dualized road in awka and still flood will not allow us rest.

We call on governor Willie obiano to do something.

Obiano isn't really working as we were made to believe. I've been in Anambra for over a week now and I've moved around. No big deal about the Willie is working shiit. I've been a fan of Anambra State government, although I've been making my observations from another state. From my observations, the government needs to do more because apparently, it ain't doing enough. Ngige still remains the best Anambra governor ever.

4 Likes

Re: Flood After Rain In Awka Anambra State Capital-pictures by bee444: 11:57am On Apr 19, 2016
Flood happens everywhere. Its nature and there's nothing your governor can do about it. US experience flooding more than any where yet you don't see its citizen calling for the head of their governors.

The water will soon subside and the murky road will receive sunlight that will latch off the road surface. All you guys have to do is to clear up the residue dirt. And thats why you have sanitation.

Good luck
Re: Flood After Rain In Awka Anambra State Capital-pictures by Anambra1stSon(m): 12:00pm On Apr 19, 2016
Buchyke:
No doubt that is Awka, Eke Awka to be precised. I know cos i graduated from Unizik and we used to rock that Smithland hotel in those days. I can attest that the so called ZIk Avenue is the major road in Awka and lack good drainage system. Meanwhile, that is not the only dualized road in Awka, the road at Agu Awka is there, the ministry of justice road off Arroma is also dualized.
That was then not now

Recent Pics of Zik's avenue

2 Likes

Re: Flood After Rain In Awka Anambra State Capital-pictures by Buchyke: 12:14pm On Apr 19, 2016
post=44840137:

That was then not now

That is the road that leads to Amawbia and Nise, it looks really clean. Willy is really trying, i say so cos that road used to be very dirty after it was constructed.

1 Like

Re: Flood After Rain In Awka Anambra State Capital-pictures by Ilovemystate: 12:26pm On Apr 19, 2016
Buchyke:
That is the road that leads to Amawbia and Nise, it looks really clean. Willy is really trying, i say so cos that road used to be very dirty after it was constructed.
Correct.
Re: Flood After Rain In Awka Anambra State Capital-pictures by Iko5000: 12:50pm On Apr 19, 2016
I beg tell them
lolzzzz:
man leave this thread, awka has one dualized road, the whole of eaaterners know that, these roads you call dualized are not roads, they are shambles and Enugu/Onitsha expressway should not be included.

In the mean time, let's save awka.

3 Likes

Re: Flood After Rain In Awka Anambra State Capital-pictures by jevic(m): 1:30pm On Apr 19, 2016
They should clean the drainages.

1 Like

Re: Flood After Rain In Awka Anambra State Capital-pictures by manny4life(m): 2:38pm On Apr 19, 2016
lolzzzz:
bros, unu gwa nu chino ko hapu IMO state, if not eh? This will continue, no amount of effort you put will stop it. cheesy

Nna please continue, I pity those who respond to your foolishness. Yesterday you went on about Nnewi and today it's Awka... It's you that will get tired because the truth will always remain the truth.

1 Like

Re: Flood After Rain In Awka Anambra State Capital-pictures by lolzzzz: 2:50pm On Apr 19, 2016
manny4life:

Nna please continue, I pity those who respond to your foolishness. Yesterday you went on about Nnewi and today it's Awka... It's you that will get tired because the truth will always remain the truth.
mods please ban him, he's threatening me.

1 Like

Re: Flood After Rain In Awka Anambra State Capital-pictures by ovikky(f): 2:52pm On Apr 19, 2016
Filium dei unigenitum et expatre natum ante omniasaecula. Deum de deo lumen de lumine, deum verum de deo vero.
TheArchangel:
visibilium omnium, et invisibilium.
Et unum donium Jesu christum.

Bring it on op...time to worship. grin
Re: Flood After Rain In Awka Anambra State Capital-pictures by lolzzzz: 2:52pm On Apr 19, 2016
ZUBY77:

How old is Awka and how old is Kano?

Can you compare the number of Dualized roads in Lagos and Kano?
That's the more comparison because they are mates in terms of State creation and all.

Secondly, Kano State residents are mostly concentrated in Kano city.
Anambra has three or more places with over a million population each.

You can compare Kano and Enugu in terms of dualized urban roads.. Then we will check.
anambala and chestbeating, so nnewi and awka has more than one million population, bros please fear God when lying

Awka and nnewi are villages as far as I'm concerned, Onitsha is a big town.

1 Like

Re: Flood After Rain In Awka Anambra State Capital-pictures by lolzzzz: 3:02pm On Apr 19, 2016
Awka is the worst state capital in southeast, anambrarians are just lousy.

Dualized state roads in abakaliki

Ogoja road
Enugu road
That road connecting the flyover to govt house (i know that name)
That road wey FETA dey (I no know the name), these are all decent roads with walkways and road marks.
Etc

In umuhia
Mission hill
Okpara avenue
Aba road
Bende road
House assembly road
Secreteraite road
CBN road
Umuwaya road
Ndune ibeku bypass
Etc

In awka
Just zik avenue (the road has no marking, no pedestrian walkway and its very tiny)

1 Like

Re: Flood After Rain In Awka Anambra State Capital-pictures by manny4life(m): 3:04pm On Apr 19, 2016
lolzzzz:
mods please ban him, he's threatening me.

Threaten you? Lmao... Like the hell you can stand a real threat if you see one... cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Nna, biko take your meds okay... Mu na gi onwegho okwu.
Re: Flood After Rain In Awka Anambra State Capital-pictures by lolzzzz: 3:06pm On Apr 19, 2016
manny4life:

Threaten you? Lmao... Like the hell you can stand a real threat if you see one... cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Nna, biko take your meds okay... Mu na gi onwegho okwu.
OK na, ka udo chia.

1 Like

Re: Flood After Rain In Awka Anambra State Capital-pictures by manny4life(m): 3:10pm On Apr 19, 2016
lolzzzz:
anambala and chestbeating, so nnewi and awka has more than one million population, bros please fear God when lying

Awka and nnewi are villages as far as I'm concerned, Onitsha is a big town.

To imagine this stupidity has gone on for too long is really disturbing on your part. You did not say Nnewi North (as in aka ano Nnewi) as a village, it's the whole of Nnewi that's a village... Ahu adiro gi, like seriously. Bitterness is not good for you, Nnewi still remains the second largest city in Anambra comprising of "FOUR" local LGA's.. So dude, get your definition right.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Flood After Rain In Awka Anambra State Capital-pictures by lolzzzz: 3:14pm On Apr 19, 2016
manny4life:

To imagine this stupidity has gone on for too long is really disturbing on your part. You did not say Nnewi North (as in aka ano Nnewi) as a village, it's the whole of Nnewi that's a village... Ahu adiro gi, like seriously. Bitterness is not good for you, Nnewi still remains the second largest city in Anambra comprising of "FOUR" local LGA's.. So dude, get your definition right.
if nnewi is a city then orlu and nnsukka are megacities because they are larger and more developed.

1 Like

Re: Flood After Rain In Awka Anambra State Capital-pictures by B2mario(m): 3:25pm On Apr 19, 2016
post=44832515:

Sick men every where

There is no flood in Awka of recent, Let me educated you on dualized roads in Awka, Awka have six dualised roads, Zik's avenue, Enugu/Onitsha express, Alex Ekwueme road, Ester Obiakor road, Government house road and new green wood city road, yesterday you try to run Nnewi down today Awka I'll face you when I get to my office
Hmmmm, just 6?

1 Like

Re: Flood After Rain In Awka Anambra State Capital-pictures by manny4life(m): 3:26pm On Apr 19, 2016
lolzzzz:
if nnewi is a city then orlu and nnsukka are megacities because they are larger and more developer.

Your definitions of the keywords city, village, town, mega cities is dangerously skewed. Master the definition before engaging into conversation beyond your scope of understanding.

Orlu, as the second largest city after Owerri does not have the population size/structure of a city. Please get it right.
Nsukka on the other hand, and again, does not qualify as a city let alone a mega city in terms of population size/srutcture to be termed "city"

Get your definitions right.

Nnewi is made up of FOUR Local Government Areas and also, these LGA's are part of the 774 LGA's recognized by the Nigerian Constitution. Each LGA is made up of different towns and some towns, different villages. In Nnewi North, remember I said "NORTH ", it is made up of several towns and the most common are referred to as Otolo, Umudim, Uruagu, Nnewichi (ofter referred to as "aka ano Nnewi) which has it's own Igwe. Each town has their own village, so the next time you bulk up towns and village without understanding city structural planning, I will ask that you keep it to yourself. The Nigerian census data may offer some guide/help as to how "NNEWI" in broad is big in population... Next time, get it right.

1 Like

Re: Flood After Rain In Awka Anambra State Capital-pictures by B2mario(m): 3:30pm On Apr 19, 2016
post=44840137:

That was then not now

What an ugly pix?

1 Like

Re: Flood After Rain In Awka Anambra State Capital-pictures by lolzzzz: 3:33pm On Apr 19, 2016
manny4life:

Your definitions of the keywords city, village, town, mega cities is dangerously skewed. Master the definition before engaging into conversation beyond your scope of understanding.

Orlu, as the second largest city after Owerri does not have the population size/structure of a city. Please get it right.
Nsukka on the other hand, and again, does not qualify as a city let alone a mega city in terms of population size/srutcture to be termed "city"

Nnewi is made up of FOUR Local Government Areas and also, these LGA's are part of the 774 LGA's recognized by the Nigerian Constitution. Each LGA is made up of different towns and some towns, different villages. In Nnewi North, remember I said "NORTH ", it is made up of several towns and the most common are referred to as Otolo, Umudim, Uruagu, Nnewichi (ofter referred to as "aka ano Nnewi) which has it's own Igwe. Each town has their own village, so the next time you bulk up towns and village without understanding city structural planning, I will ask that you keep it to yourself.
I can see you have a very low intelligence quotient. So because nnewi has four local govts with almost 3/4 being villages makes it a city. Its just only nnewi north that is a bit townlike, others are villages and I won't regard ihiala and ekwusigo to be part of nnewi. I think you will have to explain how uli and okija (both in ihiala local govt) are part of nnewi.

Even if you add ihiala, ozubulu and okija to nnewi (which is quite laughable), does that make it a city?

2 Likes

Re: Flood After Rain In Awka Anambra State Capital-pictures by lolzzzz: 3:38pm On Apr 19, 2016
Anambala and fake data grin

Awka and nnewi has population of over 1million

Onitsha is the most populated city in the east

Nnewi is the most industeialized industrialized city in the east

Ihiala, uli, okija,ozubulu are part of nnewi.

As if we are not also in the east with you guysguys grin

2 Likes

Re: Flood After Rain In Awka Anambra State Capital-pictures by B2mario(m): 3:39pm On Apr 19, 2016
lolzzzz:
Awka is the worst state capital in southeast, anambrarians are just lousy.

Dualized state roads in abakaliki

Ogoja road
Enugu road
That road connecting the flyover to govt house (i know that name)
That road wey FETA dey (I no know the name), these are all decent roads with walkways and road marks.
Etc

In umuhia
Mission hill
Okpara avenue
Aba road
Bende road
House assembly road
Secreteraite road
CBN road
Umuwaya road
Ndune ibeku bypass
Etc

In awka
Just zik avenue (the road has no marking, no pedestrian walkway and its very tiny)
in Umuahia,
library road
akanu ibiam road
commissioners' quarters road
new afara road
intact, up to 20 dual carriage roads

1 Like

Re: Flood After Rain In Awka Anambra State Capital-pictures by lolzzzz: 3:42pm On Apr 19, 2016
B2mario:

in Umuahia,
library road
akanu ibiam road
commissioners' quarters road
new afara road
intact, up to 20 dual carriage roads
chai, awka is finished town, just one dualized road.

Meaning umuahia has more dualized roads than anambra as a whole.

1 Like

Re: Flood After Rain In Awka Anambra State Capital-pictures by lolzzzz: 3:43pm On Apr 19, 2016
Can someone help me with dualized roads in orlu and abakaliki? cheesy
Re: Flood After Rain In Awka Anambra State Capital-pictures by manny4life(m): 3:49pm On Apr 19, 2016
lolzzzz:
I can see you have a very low intelligence quotient. So because nnewi has four local govts with almost 3/4 being villages makes it a city. Its just only nnewi north that is a bit townlike, others are villages and I won't regard ihiala and ekwusigo to be part of nnewi. I think you will have to explain how uli and okija (both in ihiala local govt) are part of nnewi.

Even if you add ihiala, ozubulu and okija to nnewi (which is quite laughable), does that make it a city?

You continue to exhibit foolishness day by day, and the only way to curtail this madness is simply to educate you. Go and grab a textbook definition, then come back for more because you lack the depth and common sense to argue. If you're taught in school at all, you would learn in the tier of structure, there are three tiers or rather, types of government: Federal, State and Local. To imagine your foolishness continues this far beats me. A town does not have a government, let alone a village, how idiotic can people be? Furthermore, let me indulge this foolishness

Definition of a "city"

an inhabited place of greater size, population, or importance than a town or village

Some define a city as a collection of several towns to make up a city. Now ask yourself, what makes NY or Houston a city? Both places have horrible living areas, but they are highly distinguished because of size, population, structure and what not. Now what are the characteristics of a city? I mean just like any other entity? Some regard cities as having it's own type of government which in the case of Nigeria, that wiould be called what? In your infinite wisdom, a population of more than 2 million residents is still a village? Your redemption is far off, until you find the definition of city and town, then only will I engage any further your mounting stupidity.
Re: Flood After Rain In Awka Anambra State Capital-pictures by B2mario(m): 3:50pm On Apr 19, 2016
manny4life:

Nnewi is made up of FOUR Local Government Areas and also, these LGA's are part of the 774 LGA's recognized by the Nigerian Constitution. Each LGA is made up of different towns and some towns, different villages. In Nnewi North, remember I said "NORTH ", it is made up of several towns and the most common are referred to as Otolo, Umudim, Uruagu, Nnewichi (ofter referred to as "aka ano Nnewi) which has it's own Igwe. Each town has their own village, so the next time you bulk up towns and village without understanding city structural planning, I will ask that you keep it to yourself. The Nigerian census data may offer some guide/help as to how "NNEWI" in broad is big in population... Next time, get it right.
It's a lie, Orlu is far better than Nnewi in terms of size/structure but population I'm not sure. Orlu city is made up of 5lgas; Orlu, Njaba, Nkwerre, Orsu and Ideato south.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

South African Police Shoot IPOB Protesters With Rubber Bullets / President Buhari Departs Abuja For Malta (Photos) / Ayoola Babalola Invited By DSS Over Articles On Sowore, Tinubu, APC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.