Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,658 members, 7,820,309 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:53 PM

Flood After Rain In Awka Anambra State Capital-pictures - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Flood After Rain In Awka Anambra State Capital-pictures (29473 Views)

VGC Lagos Flooded After Rain Yesterday Evening (Photos) / Terrible Condition Of Ejigbo After Rain (photos) / Flooded Shagari Yola Town In Adamawa State This Morning After Rain (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Flood After Rain In Awka Anambra State Capital-pictures by lolzzzz: 3:53pm On Apr 19, 2016
manny4life:

You continue to exhibit foolishness day by day, and the only way to curtail this madness is simply to educate you. Go and grab a textbook definition, then come back for more because you lack the depth and common sense to argue. If you're taught in school at all, you would learn in the tier of structure, there are three tiers or rather, types of government: Federal, State and Local. To imagine your foolishness continues this far beats me. Furthermore, let me idulge this foolisheness

Definition of a "city"

an inhabited place of greater size, population, or importance than a town or village

Some define a city as a collection of several towns to make up a city. Now ask yourself, what makes NY or Houston a city? Both places have horrible living areas, but they are highly distinguished because of size, population, structure and what not. Now what are the characteristics of a city? I mean just like any other entity? Some regard cities as having it's own type of government which in the case of Nigeria, that wiould be called what? In your infinite wisdom, a population of more than 2 million residents is still a village? Your redemption is far off, until you find the definition of city and town, then only will I engage any further your mounting stupidity.
pride will not allow this man learn.

Owk, let's assume nnewi is a city, how many dualized roads and round abouts are in nnewi city? cheesy

The kind of wide dual carriage road been constructed in nsukka from opi junction to GRA roindabout may never get to nnewi and awka in decades. Good road with wide pedestrian walkway, road marks and drainage.

How many roads are in nnewi?

3 Likes

Re: Flood After Rain In Awka Anambra State Capital-pictures by B2mario(m): 3:55pm On Apr 19, 2016
lolzzzz:
chai, awka is finished town, just one dualized road.

Meaning umuahia has more dualized roads than anambra as a whole.

Aba alone has more dual carriage roads than all the Anambra cities joined together.

2 Likes

Re: Flood After Rain In Awka Anambra State Capital-pictures by manny4life(m): 3:57pm On Apr 19, 2016
lolzzzz:
pride will not allow this man learn.

Owk, let's assume nnewi is a city, how many dualized roads and round abouts are in nnewi city? cheesy

The kind of wide dual carriage road been constructed in nsukka from opi junction to GRA roindabout may never get to nnewi and awka in decades. Good road with wide pedestrian walkway, road marks and drainage.

How many roads are in nnewi?

Lmao... Don't hate the player bro, hate the game.

Nigeria is dead as a country when it comes to a "livable" country in terms of infrastructures such as good road, electricity, etc does it deny Nigeria's status as a sovereign nation? Nope, it does not. What's my point? As much as "infrastructures" play an economic role in whatever entity it is: a nation, a state, a city, a town, a village or what have you, infrastructures itself is NOT a determinant of the entity. That's the whole point of structure/planning. Next.... cool cool cool cool

Whether you like it or hate it, Nnewi with a population of at least 2 million people cannot be termed as a town let alone a village. If you have anything to support this, bring it... Till then, you're blowing hot air.
Re: Flood After Rain In Awka Anambra State Capital-pictures by lolzzzz: 3:59pm On Apr 19, 2016
manny4life:

Lmao... Don't hate the player bro, hate the game.

Nigeria is dead as a country when it comes to a "livable" country in terms of infrastructures such as good road, electricity, etc does it deny Nigeria's status as a sovereign nation? Nope, it does not. What's my point? As much as "infrastructures" play an economic role in whatever entity it is: a nation, a state, a city, a town, a village or what have you, infrastructures itself is NOT a determinant of the entity. That's the whole point of structure/planning. Next.... cool cool cool cool
nnewi is not a city even by Nigeria standard.

3 Likes

Re: Flood After Rain In Awka Anambra State Capital-pictures by manny4life(m): 4:01pm On Apr 19, 2016
lolzzzz:
nnewi is not a city even by Nigeria standard.

Lmao, just like Nigeria isn't a country by world standards... cheesy cheesy grin grin

When you tell me what is Nigeria's standard, then we can compare. Like I told you, don't hate the player, hate the game.
Re: Flood After Rain In Awka Anambra State Capital-pictures by Abagworo(m): 4:03pm On Apr 19, 2016
manny4life:

To imagine this stupidity has gone on for too long is really disturbing on your part. You did not say Nnewi North (as in aka ano Nnewi) as a village, it's the whole of Nnewi that's a village... Ahu adiro gi, like seriously. Bitterness is not good for you, Nnewi still remains the second largest city in Anambra comprising of "FOUR" local LGA's.. So dude, get your definition right.

Nnewi is a village or semi urban like all of Northern and central Igbo from Mbaitoli to Awka which comprise central Igbo. Awka itself is an urban city area unlike Nnewi.

4 Likes

Re: Flood After Rain In Awka Anambra State Capital-pictures by manny4life(m): 4:05pm On Apr 19, 2016
Abagworo:

Nnewi is a village or semi urban like all of Northern and central Igbo from Mbaitoli to Awka which comprise central Igbo. Awka itself is an urban city area unlike Nnewi.

Why am I not surprised? People like you have an opinion? You're not from the SE and have no moral authority to discuss anything SE let alone Nnewi. Dude please take a seat \___________________. You lost any respect I have for you, definitely not interested in your gibberish.... Next cool cool cool
Re: Flood After Rain In Awka Anambra State Capital-pictures by Abagworo(m): 4:06pm On Apr 19, 2016
manny4life:

Your definitions of the keywords city, village, town, mega cities is dangerously skewed. Master the definition before engaging into conversation beyond your scope of understanding.

Orlu, as the second largest city after Owerri does not have the population size/structure of a city. Please get it right.
Nsukka on the other hand, and again, does not qualify as a city let alone a mega city in terms of population size/srutcture to be termed "city"

Get your definitions right.

Nnewi is made up of FOUR Local Government Areas and also, these LGA's are part of the 774 LGA's recognized by the Nigerian Constitution. Each LGA is made up of different towns and some towns, different villages. In Nnewi North, remember I said "NORTH ", it is made up of several towns and the most common are referred to as Otolo, Umudim, Uruagu, Nnewichi (ofter referred to as "aka ano Nnewi) which has it's own Igwe. Each town has their own village, so the next time you bulk up towns and village without understanding city structural planning, I will ask that you keep it to yourself. The Nigerian census data may offer some guide/help as to how "NNEWI" in broad is big in population... Next time, get it right.

Orlu has 12 LGAs and is almost same size with Anambra State. Oguta is 5 times bigger than Nnewi.

4 Likes

Re: Flood After Rain In Awka Anambra State Capital-pictures by manny4life(m): 4:08pm On Apr 19, 2016
Abagworo:

Orlu has 12 LGAs and is almost same size with Anambra State. Oguta is 5 times bigger than Nnewi.

Did I not tell you I'm not interested in your gibberish?

Until someone from Imo corrects me, I will gladly accept, till then, you're definitely unqualified to discuss anything SE.
Re: Flood After Rain In Awka Anambra State Capital-pictures by manny4life(m): 4:10pm On Apr 19, 2016
Still waiting on

a. Definition of a "city" vs town

b. What is Nigeria's standard of a city comparable to general accepted standard.

c. If Nigeria does have a standard, how should we equate Nigeria to world standard? Yes or no, should Nigeria be a sovereign nation?
Re: Flood After Rain In Awka Anambra State Capital-pictures by Abagworo(m): 4:11pm On Apr 19, 2016
manny4life:

Why am I not surprised? People like you have an opinion? You're not from the SE and have no moral authority to discuss anything SE let alone Nnewi. Dude please take a seat \___________________. You lost any respect I have for you, definitely not interested in your gibberish.... Next cool cool cool

Nnewi is a pure village or semi urban. I was there last month from Orsumoghu via Isseke and left via Ozubulu to Express and it still is a village with population. Do you want pictures?

3 Likes

Re: Flood After Rain In Awka Anambra State Capital-pictures by lolzzzz: 4:13pm On Apr 19, 2016
manny4life:
Still waiting on

a. Definition of a "city" vs town

b. What is Nigeria's standard of a city comparable to general accepted standard.

c. If Nigeria does have a standard, how should we equate Nigeria to world standard? Yes or no, should Nigeria be a sovereign nation?
stop crying, nnewi is not a city, the cities we have in southeast are

Enugu
Owerri
Aba
Onitsha
Umuahia
Abakaliki
Awka in few years time

1 Like

Re: Flood After Rain In Awka Anambra State Capital-pictures by Anambra1stSon(m): 4:13pm On Apr 19, 2016
B2mario:

It's a lie, Orlu is far better than Nnewi in terms of size/structure but population I'm not sure. Orlu city is made up of 5lgas; Orlu, Njaba, Nkwerre, Orsu and Ideato south.
The time you guys are wasting here, you better chat the way forward for Abia state, stop wasting your time comparing Anambra with Abia, try and get things to start working in Abia, ever since your governor won his case against Otti, initial gragra don stop, guys Anambra her people are not the cause of Abia predicaments, TA Orji and family are holding Abians captive, channel your grivences to your government, massive media campaign will make him seat-up, Anambra has been working for thirteen years now, Abia stop working since the days of Ikewachukwu, your attack on Anambra can't liberate Abia.

3 Likes

Re: Flood After Rain In Awka Anambra State Capital-pictures by manny4life(m): 4:14pm On Apr 19, 2016
Abagworo:

Nnewi is a pure village or semi urban. I was there last month from Orsumoghu via Isseke and left via Ozubulu to Express and it still is a village with population. Do you want pictures?

Nna, bikonu, stop spamming my mentions na... Ogini? I don't want to argue with you, is it by force? I was arguing with @lolzzzz, not you.. Biko, just take a walk jare. Btw, not interested in your pictures because I know who you are, I know the hate you have for SE let alone Anambra state, and would definitely not buy into your gibberish.
Re: Flood After Rain In Awka Anambra State Capital-pictures by manny4life(m): 4:16pm On Apr 19, 2016
lolzzzz:
stop crying, nnewi is not a city, the cities we have in southeast are

Enugu
Owerri
Aba
Onitsha
Umuahia
Abakaliki
Awka in few years time

Hehe.... Lmao, like I said, only the truth will remain the truth. Since you cannot answer my questions, I assume that you have folded your argument. Next time, choose your words wisely, I'd rather the argument be on the basis of development than the gibberish you've been spewing... Nothing further. grin grin grin grin
Re: Flood After Rain In Awka Anambra State Capital-pictures by lolzzzz: 4:20pm On Apr 19, 2016
manny4life:

Hehe.... Lmao, like I said, only the truth will remain the truth. Since you cannot answer my questions, I assume that you have folded up your argument. Next time, choose your words wisely, I'd rather the argument be on the basis of development rather than the gibberish you've been spewing... Nothing further. grin grin grin grin

nnewi is only a city in the eyes of anambrarians grin

3 Likes

Re: Flood After Rain In Awka Anambra State Capital-pictures by Anambra1stSon(m): 4:22pm On Apr 19, 2016
[b]The former Group Managing Director of Diamond Bank Plc, Dr Alex Otti, has called on governors of the South East states to refrain from using contractors in their revenue drive.

Speaking on Wednesday at the ongoing Enugu State Investment Summit, Otti said that the time was rife for the chief executives of the states to harmonise their tax regimes to attract investors.
The former governorship candidate in Abia who spoke on South East Economic Integration with the theme: “Finance Opportunities for Regional Integration,” said that businesses in the area had suffered setbacks.
“Most states contract out their revenue drive thereby using tax to torment people. In most cases, investors are scared.
“They may think that they are generating revenue for their states without knowing that they are scaring investors away,” he said.
Otti said that the state governments needed to create the enabling environment for businesses to thrive.
He said that the time had come for the state governors to work together to develop the region as an economic hub.
“The situation in the South East needs thinking outside the box if only our governors will realise this.
“Our leaders should get out of the negative mindset, share services together and pay more attention to agriculture,”
He said that Enugu and Anambra states had shown commitments in transforming their states through quality leadership.
“I am not too sure all the states in the zone boast of the type of leadership Enugu has had.
“The truth is that it is because of my realistic stand that I had to give up the job that I was doing to see how I could contribute my own quota to salvage my state.
“This is not a political forum, but if you visit my state you will not be happy if you relate it to what is happening in Anambra and Enugu states,” he said.
Otti said that what the zone needed was pragmatic leadership that should think on how to leverage on the resources in their area for the benefit of the people.
“It is ridiculous that the South East which sits on gas deposits does not benefit from gas gathering facilities.
“We should think of a way to do businesses together and not fighting ourselves,”https://ekosocialapp./2016/04/14/otto-advises-admonish-using-contractors-to-syphone-cash/[/b]

1 Like

Re: Flood After Rain In Awka Anambra State Capital-pictures by manny4life(m): 4:22pm On Apr 19, 2016
lolzzzz:
nnewi is only a city in the eyes of anambrarians grin

That's right, don't hate the player, hate the game cool cool cool
Re: Flood After Rain In Awka Anambra State Capital-pictures by Abagworo(m): 4:23pm On Apr 19, 2016
manny4life:

Hehe.... Lmao, like I said, only the truth will remain the truth. Since you cannot answer my questions, I assume that you have folded your argument. Next time, choose your words wisely, I'd rather the argument be on the basis of development than the gibberish you've been spewing... Nothing further. grin grin grin grin

If Nnewi is a city the Amaraku on this picture is a city because they are both populated with roundabouts, Nkwo market and single lane tarred roads.

Re: Flood After Rain In Awka Anambra State Capital-pictures by lolzzzz: 4:25pm On Apr 19, 2016
manny4life:

That's right, don't hate the player, hate the game cool cool cool
before nnewi will be said to be a city, orlu and nsukka will make the list first.

Nnewi, abirib, afikpo, owerrinta are in the same category

2 Likes

Re: Flood After Rain In Awka Anambra State Capital-pictures by manny4life(m): 4:27pm On Apr 19, 2016
Abagworo:

If Nnewi is a city the Amaraku on this picture is a city because they are both populated with roundabouts, Nkwo market and single lane tarred roads.

Biko how do you want me to spell it out for you? Igbo or English? I know you don't like the SE, I know you hate Anambra folks, and sure hell know that you despise ndi Nnewi, now tell me why in Pete's sake should I respond to you? This is my last response to your failed attempts to bring me down to your gibberish.

3 Likes

Re: Flood After Rain In Awka Anambra State Capital-pictures by manny4life(m): 4:31pm On Apr 19, 2016
lolzzzz:
before nnewi will be said to be a city, orlu and nsukka will make the list first.

Nnewi, abirib, afikpo, owerrinta are in the same category

Lmao.. crying over another person's matter. You said it's only in the eyes of ndi Anambra that Nnewi is a city, I agreed. Yet you're still yapping over the same topic... nsogbu di, nwanne biko jili nwayo, ekwekwana ka okwu gbasatalu Anambra na Nnewi nye gi HBP. cheesy grin

2 Likes

Re: Flood After Rain In Awka Anambra State Capital-pictures by Ilovemystate: 4:38pm On Apr 19, 2016
post=44847826:
[b]The former Group Managing Director of Diamond Bank Plc, Dr Alex Otti, has called on governors of the South East states to refrain from using contractors in their revenue drive.

Speaking on Wednesday at the ongoing Enugu State Investment Summit, Otti said that the time was rife for the chief executives of the states to harmonise their tax regimes to attract investors.
The former governorship candidate in Abia who spoke on South East Economic Integration with the theme: “Finance Opportunities for Regional Integration,” said that businesses in the area had suffered setbacks.
“Most states contract out their revenue drive thereby using tax to torment people. In most cases, investors are scared.
“They may think that they are generating revenue for their states without knowing that they are scaring investors away,” he said.
Otti said that the state governments needed to create the enabling environment for businesses to thrive.
He said that the time had come for the state governors to work together to develop the region as an economic hub.
“The situation in the South East needs thinking outside the box if only our governors will realise this.
“Our leaders should get out of the negative mindset, share services together and pay more attention to agriculture,”
He said that Enugu and Anambra states had shown commitments in transforming their states through quality leadership.
“I am not too sure all the states in the zone boast of the type of leadership Enugu has had.
“The truth is that it is because of my realistic stand that I had to give up the job that I was doing to see how I could contribute my own quota to salvage my state.
This is not a political forum, but if you visit my state you will not be happy if you relate it to what is happening in Anambra and Enugu states,” he said.
Otti said that what the zone needed was pragmatic leadership that should think on how to leverage on the resources in their area for the benefit of the people.
“It is ridiculous that the South East which sits on gas deposits does not benefit from gas gathering facilities.
“We should think of a way to do businesses together and not fighting ourselves,”https://ekosocialapp./2016/04/14/otto-advises-admonish-using-contractors-to-syphone-cash/[/b]
Re: Flood After Rain In Awka Anambra State Capital-pictures by Pwayne2016(m): 4:43pm On Apr 19, 2016
a True Igbo man wil avoid been involved in masturbation with Dis Yorubas
Abagworo
Manny4life
lolzzzz
Please my Igbo brodas avoid diz Yorubas please
Re: Flood After Rain In Awka Anambra State Capital-pictures by Anambra1stSon(m): 4:56pm On Apr 19, 2016
Pwayne2016:

Abagworo

Manny4life

lolzzzz

Leave Yoruba out of this the e-goat that started this silly threads about Anambra is from Abia state, he started with Nnewi yesterday, today Awka, I don't like engaging my fellow Igbo in e-war if I do you guys will hate knowing my handle. Channel your grievances to your leaders both present and past

1 Like

Re: Flood After Rain In Awka Anambra State Capital-pictures by Pwayne2016(m): 5:07pm On Apr 19, 2016
post=44848904:

Leave Yoruba out of this the e-goat that started this silly threads about Anambra is from Abia state, he started with Nnewi yesterday, today Awka, I don't like engaging my fellow Igbo in e-war if I do you guys will hate knowing my handle. Channel your grievances to your leaders both present and past
just ignore the Coward

I know we Igbos are not the same but i keep wondering how we are speaking the same Language

I am tired of Nigeria also tired of Igbos
Re: Flood After Rain In Awka Anambra State Capital-pictures by UnlimitedIfex(m): 5:58pm On Apr 19, 2016
And it is d state capital. 9ja i hail
Re: Flood After Rain In Awka Anambra State Capital-pictures by lolzzzz: 6:26pm On Apr 19, 2016
post=44848904:

cry cry, have you cautioned chino?
Re: Flood After Rain In Awka Anambra State Capital-pictures by manny4life(m): 7:20pm On Apr 19, 2016
Pwayne2016:

Abagworo

Manny4life

lolzzzz

I have no beef with my brothers from other SE states, I took a good break from NL and have no intention on coming back to this rubbish continuously being spewed on here. Gone are my days of ethnic diatribe on NL; however, sometimes you have to set some people straight because this isn't about the Yorubas. After all, abagworo that has been itching for a reply (a non SE person), did you see me respond to him?

We can insult each other and that's fine, after all siblings fight, argue but at the end of the day, they're sibling but deliberately perpetuating lies and distorting facts is something that won't be tolerated. This argument started if Nnewi is a city or not, and NOT if Nnewi is developed or not, but obviously, our resident dolt couldn't backup his facts based on Nigeria's standard, better yet, world standard. As for me, its #CaseClosed.

1 Like

Re: Flood After Rain In Awka Anambra State Capital-pictures by freshdude99(m): 7:55pm On Apr 19, 2016
Akshow:
I can't count the number of dualized road in kano.
Remember they have been in power for so long bro, Federal might is key to infrastructure. I schooled in minna, I can tell what ibb did to minna with Julius Berger. You can ask someone else abt minna and its drainage system. Ibb did it
Re: Flood After Rain In Awka Anambra State Capital-pictures by Bbklopsy: 8:09pm On Apr 21, 2016
lolzzzz:
dont mind the people of anambra, they chestbeat alot, in fact orlu town on IMO state has more dualways than the whole of anambra, not to talk of owerri, Enugu, umuahia and aba.

Abakaliki has more dual way than onitsha and awka combined, go there to confirm.
what thrash r u even talking? Anambra has d best road networks in d entire s/east and may be s/south if not d country atlarge. mind u, i'm a Deltan
Re: Flood After Rain In Awka Anambra State Capital-pictures by Bbklopsy: 8:15pm On Apr 21, 2016
B2mario:

Aba alone has more dual carriage roads than all the Anambra cities joined together.
which aba? can u afford naming pls

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Caption these placards of Yobe buhari supporters / South African Police Shoot IPOB Protesters With Rubber Bullets / Biyi Adeleye Reveals He Kidnapped Ogun LG Party Chairman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 107
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.