Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,050 members, 7,821,616 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:44 PM

Snack Sales As A Money Spinner. - Business (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Snack Sales As A Money Spinner. (18839 Views)

Lady Flaunts Money She Withdrew From ATM, Says "I'm A Money Spender" (Pics) / Youtube Money Spinner--road Less Travelled. / IS AYEEN 2016 A GREAT SCAM? OR A MONEY MAKING EVENT? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Snack Sales As A Money Spinner. by Cossycute(f): 5:39pm On Jul 17, 2016
Tnks so much Karinn 4 this inspired post.Will take action @ once.May God bless you
Re: Snack Sales As A Money Spinner. by Karin001(f): 6:38am On Jul 18, 2016
Kingkingsley:
waiting to see how you will treat this one graciously. note using mimi chin chin and the one you are selling. thanks for this thread

King kingsley, I really don’t understand what you would like me to say about the Minimi and the brand that I am hawking.

Kindly explain and I can revisit or at least to the best of my ability address your concerns or observations.

1 Like

Re: Snack Sales As A Money Spinner. by Karin001(f): 3:12pm On Jul 18, 2016
How to manage the Supplier predicated fluctuations in prices without it significantly impacting your turnover.

Prices are what a trader/distributor really has no control over. Immediately the prices of the major raw materials some other production input spikes or there is an increase in the price of some other production variable that cost to a large extent is transferred presumably to the customer. However, this is not mostly the case. Resulting from competition in the market, the elasticity or otherwise of the product in question, the resistance of very knowledgeable customers to unjustifiable increases and a variety of other factors, the distributor is left without any other choice but to ensure that he sells only products in high demand even if it translates into a slice off his margin/profit.

Even in the very case where it is almost impossible to make a profit at all you will still see traders still selling the product. This use to baffle me a lot while I was in Lagos. Traders who were my customers always amazed me when they complained bitterly that my product was not giving them any profit and yet they just continued buying.

1 Like

Re: Snack Sales As A Money Spinner. by Karin001(f): 5:10pm On Jul 18, 2016
On very careful observation, two things came to the fore;

1. They are not really the ones interested in the product. It is their own customers that dictate what they stock. If customers come to your shop regularly for a particular product and he is never supplied, he will divert his attention somewhere else. At that point you have not just lost a sale but you have also lost a customer who could patronize you for many years on end.

Most probably too, he wouldn’t just have ended as a chin-chin customer but in his not finding the product he seeks from you he will then seek out other shops that have the product and should he see it in another shop then he is likely to buy all the other things he wanted to buy right there if they are available.

That is why traders in their bid to keep their customers always stock what is in very high demand even where the profit margin of the well sought after product is not so appreciable.

After all said and done what will sustain the trader of fast moving consumer goods company is a significantly high volume of sales.

1 Like

Re: Snack Sales As A Money Spinner. by Karin001(f): 10:15pm On Jul 21, 2016
Now, assuming you sell a product that does not give you an appreciable margin then what you do is to ensure that the cumulative profit is such that it makes it worth your while.

If for instance you are selling items like kiddie’s biscuits which are priced at 5.00 to 10.00 per pack it goes without saying that your profit per pack is going to quite infinitesimal. If you however have a high volume sale the cumulative profit you make over all the sales will definitely be worth your while.

Please note that for traders involved in Fast Moving Consumer Goods, you should not really concern yourself at the beginning with profits on the individual packs but just ensure your break even. Profits are a function of volume which is the result of aggressive networking and serious canvassing.
Re: Snack Sales As A Money Spinner. by Karin001(f): 8:34am On Jul 22, 2016
A second and very viable option is to negotiate for a rebate with the principal.

Many companies oblige you a rebate which is usually given out as products that you are currently on their behalf.

So at the end of the month you could be rewarded with some products which you can in turn translate into cash.

1 Like

Re: Snack Sales As A Money Spinner. by Karin001(f): 6:33pm On Jul 31, 2016
Today I got a very long yet interesting e-mail from a married woman who had read this thread through and through.

I must say that this is the singular most goose pimples popping reward I have received since embarking on this mission which was essentially targeted at the middle aged woman who had little to do probably because of domestic obligations or the lack of 'reasonable' capital.

The contents of her mail were so wonderful that I felt so encouraged I will paraphrase her message and present it here.
For me the entire purpose of this very tasking effort was fulfilled in her very words.

2 Likes

Re: Snack Sales As A Money Spinner. by dannB(m): 8:07pm On Jul 31, 2016
@karin001, kindly advise me on how to market new fruit juice product in lagos with regards to my target markets. How do I avoid selling on credit and what sales model should I adopt in lagos. God bless you ma.
Re: Snack Sales As A Money Spinner. by Karin001(f): 8:34pm On Jul 31, 2016
dannB:
@karin001, kindly advise me on how to market new fruit juice product in lagos with regards to my target markets. How do I avoid selling on credit and what sales model should I adopt in lagos. God bless you ma.

What kind of juice are you attempting to sell?

Where is the potential market?

I have to know the product, the pricing, the place and the promoting typology.

Advising you alone and immediately may not be possible right away.

I however intend to create a new thread on the basics of sales and marketing in the nearest future. This thread will target those who are interested in commencing a sales career or business.

We will highlight certain stereotypes about sales and debunk some of the far-fetched negative theories, I also intend to select about 10 to 20 people in a major city and show them in as near practical terms as possible how to excel in the F.M.C.G sales arena with as little as 20.000 Naira startup capital.

We will identify the territories and then choose a common product that is potentially a mover and attack the market with veracity. You can learn immensely from that thread which I hope debuts in August 2016.

Look out for it!
Re: Snack Sales As A Money Spinner. by dannB(m): 8:56pm On Jul 31, 2016
@karin001, thank you for replying. I intend to start fruit juice company in september. I have the practical skills and three years experience from Chi in producing juice too. I want to produce and package the natural fruit juice in 50cl and supply to company staff canteens, local restaurants, school campuses at 125 naira. While they sell it at 150 and make 25 naira profit per unit sold. In term of quality, my fruit juice stand among the best because it is made from fresh fruit rather than concentrate.
My problem now is how do I penetrate my target markets as new producer and what sales model should I adopt too.
Re: Snack Sales As A Money Spinner. by Karin001(f): 11:20pm On Jul 31, 2016
dannB:
@karin001, thank you for replying. I intend to start fruit juice company in september. I have the practical skills and three years experience from Chi in producing juice too. I want to produce and package the natural fruit juice in 50cl and supply to company staff canteens, local restaurants, school campuses at 125 naira. While they sell it at 150 and make 25 naira profit per unit sold. In term of quality, my fruit juice stand among the best because it is made from fresh fruit rather than concentrate.
My problem now is how do I penetrate my target markets as new producer and what sales model should I adopt too.

I now have a better picture of your product. I must say that this is impressive. Your experience in Chi will really help in the production process and maybe in the quality control mechanism.

However, A very important aspect of the business will have to be taken care of. There is no business where there is no sale. That will now be your mantra.

I hope I will be able to help you through my new thread on the rudiments of sales of F.M.C.G. create. I am thinking of also introducing you to a one business guru whose experience might help you tremendously. Its just that I have to explain your request to him and he has to create time for you because he is very busy.

Bottomline? You will succeed.

1 Like

Re: Snack Sales As A Money Spinner. by dannB(m): 10:25pm On Aug 01, 2016
thanks for the complement. Kindly notify us when you create the FMCG sales thread so that we can follow you.
Re: Snack Sales As A Money Spinner. by Jury(m): 11:11pm On Aug 01, 2016
[color=#990000][/color]pls what is the name of the products.
Re: Snack Sales As A Money Spinner. by Karin001(f): 9:41am On Aug 02, 2016
dannB:
thanks for the complement. Kindly notify us when you create the FMCG sales thread so that we can follow you.

And HOW am I supposed to do that?

I don't know how.

Maybe you should show a sister.
Re: Snack Sales As A Money Spinner. by dannB(m): 10:35pm On Aug 02, 2016
Its easy to do. You will create a new topic under business section about sales of FMCG. After that, you will post the link to your new topic on this thread and we will connect to it from here.
Re: Snack Sales As A Money Spinner. by Karin001(f): 9:17am On Aug 04, 2016
dannB:
Its easy to do. You will create a new topic under business section about sales of FMCG. After that, you will post the link to your new topic on this thread and we will connect to it from here.

Thanks DannB. I will alert you as soon as I gather the courage to commence the thread. i hope that will be soon.
Re: Snack Sales As A Money Spinner. by ericoleon(m): 2:35am On Sep 10, 2016
Hi everyone
thanks for keeping this thread going over the last few months. I sincerely hope in a few month time global entrepreneurs would emerge as a result of the inspiration from this thread.

to Karin yours a Blessing and also please don't be in a rush to start a new thread let's all work hand in hand to promote this thread
Re: Snack Sales As A Money Spinner. by ericoleon(m): 2:38am On Sep 10, 2016
We can do this by liking sharing and commenting on the page frequently.
sometimes all a person needs is a little spark to get the fire going and the juice going. this thread is that SPARK.
Re: Snack Sales As A Money Spinner. by ericoleon(m): 2:42am On Sep 10, 2016
Please also do not forget to bookmark and save this thread on your browser so you can easily navigate and get more inspired by this thread.
Re: Snack Sales As A Money Spinner. by ericoleon(m): 2:58am On Sep 10, 2016
Dearest Karin and All nairalnder
I did say in my post some months ago that despite a salary of 15,000 I was going to start up a business that will give me a profit of over 100,000
Did I start the business?
Did the business flop?
Have I been able to hit my target of 100,000
Is it even possible to start a business with 15,000
find out as I share my experience with you step by step

and also share your experiences in starting your own businesses as our expert KARIN advice's us and counsels us.
Re: Snack Sales As A Money Spinner. by Karin001(f): 4:50pm On Sep 10, 2016
ericoleon:
Hi everyone
thanks for keeping this thread going over the last few months. I sincerely hope in a few month time global entrepreneurs would emerge as a result of the inspiration from this thread.

to Karin yours a Blessing and also please don't be in a rush to start a new thread let's all work hand in hand to promote this thread

I am so happy that this was such a blessing to you.

It justifies all the hard work. My desire is that most of us who desire to improve ourselves will soon come to realizing that the only obstacle we have that impedes our progress and advancement is ourselves as expressed in our thoughts and words.

There is a lot of self help available in the world today. The help you need to propel you to the next level might just be in the next book you read. Social media is so powerful that even those of us that use it for frivolities have no idea of its potential for change(in both directions;positive and negative).

There is so much on can do to help oneself. The first step is in the decisions we make. How do we make use of a particular resource? Lets take the T.V for instance. I belong to the t.v age. What kind of choices do you make as regards your movies? What do you watch? How does it affect you? This singular choice is so important that I personally choose to watch films that will show me how to overcome adversities. One movie comes to mind right away; ''The pursuit of Happiness'' starring Will Smith.

All it shows you is the courage to go on. I consider this the very best of Will Smith.
And so many others abound.

By the way is there any one who can help me with the film "Lincoln''. i missed it when it was showing at Silverbird Cinemas when I was still in Lagos.

No matter what you do please take advantage of this time and by all means advance in leaps and bounds.

Please note that even the current recession is a great opportunity, its just disguised.

1 Like

Re: Snack Sales As A Money Spinner. by Karin001(f): 4:56pm On Sep 10, 2016
ericoleon:
Dearest Karin and All nairalnder
I did say in my post some months ago that despite a salary of 15,000 I was going to start up a business that will give me a profit of over 100,000
Did I start the business?
Did the business flop?
Have I been able to hit my target of 100,000
Is it even possible to start a business with 15,000
find out as I share my experience with you step by step

and also share your experiences in starting your own businesses as our expert KARIN advice's us and counsels us.

Dear Sir,

I am waiting to read about your experience.

Please share.
Re: Snack Sales As A Money Spinner. by Karin001(f): 5:04pm On Sep 10, 2016
Hello Cossycute, you promised to take action in your specific area. Any news you can share?

Cossycute:
Tnks so much Karinn 4 this inspired post.Will take action @ once.May God bless you
Re: Snack Sales As A Money Spinner. by Karin001(f): 11:21pm On Sep 13, 2016
dannB:

As promised, here goes;
https://www.nairaland.com/3347886/start-own-f.m.c.g-distribution-business#49337990
Re: Snack Sales As A Money Spinner. by zimunachimdi: 11:32pm On Oct 16, 2016
hello ma,thanks for this.
i want to ask if this ur chin chin company has a depot in enugu and what is the least amount one can start with.
Re: Snack Sales As A Money Spinner. by latestarter: 10:12pm On Oct 17, 2016
Karin,

Even though it seems close, it's a great thread. Ever sensible ever forthright & ever selfless.

So sad I'm not the first to tell you how blessed your husband is.

God bless you
Re: Snack Sales As A Money Spinner. by Homeyfav: 10:15am On Nov 01, 2017
jp[l'';
Re: Snack Sales As A Money Spinner. by Ezypretty: 5:03am On Apr 07, 2018
thanks madam, pls can we have a chat. 08068394804
Re: Snack Sales As A Money Spinner. by TalkTalkTwins(m): 3:16am On May 13, 2018
Re: Snack Sales As A Money Spinner. by konews: 11:04am On Oct 10, 2020

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Naira Falls To 760/$, Ahead Of Inauguration / EFCC Probes Dangote, BUA, 50 Other Companies Over Forex Transactions / What Can You Buy With One Hundred Naira (₦100) Now, In Your Area?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.