Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,282 members, 7,818,957 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:53 AM

Christian And Islamic Studies Merged By Ministry Of Education, Nigerians React - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Christian And Islamic Studies Merged By Ministry Of Education, Nigerians React (35406 Views)

Ministry Of Education Considering Adding An Extra Year To University Studies / Nigerians React To Snake That Swallowed N36m In JAMB Office (Photos) / JAMB Fixes Cut Off Marks For Universities, Polytechnics, Colleges Of Education (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Christian And Islamic Studies Merged By Ministry Of Education, Nigerians React by chuose: 2:12pm On Apr 19, 2016
[size=14pt]God will punish Adeboye of Redeemed for giving us an Islamic Govt[/size]

2 Likes

Re: Christian And Islamic Studies Merged By Ministry Of Education, Nigerians React by maadman: 2:13pm On Apr 19, 2016
CHIJIOKE1314:
Teach my child one word about MOHAMMED and watch me burn down your school..

I swear!!

Pls, can I understand what you need to be teaching my kids..

U forgot something... Their pussies r gud...
Re: Christian And Islamic Studies Merged By Ministry Of Education, Nigerians React by Opoki(m): 2:13pm On Apr 19, 2016
johnmartus:
I will sue federal government if African traditional religion is not add to it all these strange religious that affecting our life i think its high time to speak against it
coming from bro john
Re: Christian And Islamic Studies Merged By Ministry Of Education, Nigerians React by Nobody: 2:14pm On Apr 19, 2016
This religious bs should be taught as history, it will make the children more open minded. Who Mohammed and Jesus epp?
Re: Christian And Islamic Studies Merged By Ministry Of Education, Nigerians React by menxer: 2:16pm On Apr 19, 2016
modath:

You didn't get me, they should not be "forced" on pupils,

Students should be allowed to decide if they want to be 2face or Salawa Abeni before being mandated to spend time doing what they naturally don't have any affinity for, It's like forcing someone with hard muscles into gymnastics... do you get ?

& you only made a case for Fine Art, probably cos Architecture is your field.. smiley

God knows how many drawing books i tore in frustration.....Practical Biology was not fun for me either.. cheesy

I doubt the highlighted is born of sound reasoning.

You mean you would allow your child to learn whatever s/he feels like?

Going to school entails discipline and is forced and enforced both on the teacher and the student.

Is there another way to teach pupils mathematics without "forcing" them to learn and recite the multiplication table?
Re: Christian And Islamic Studies Merged By Ministry Of Education, Nigerians React by CHIJIOKE1314: 2:17pm On Apr 19, 2016
Akshow:
How has our over religiousness helped us? Scrape all form of religion from the syllabus shikenan.

True talk my brother..

Nonsense religion they have been using to divide ppl for generations without them knowing it..

Of what use is any religion. ..

Just some bunch of clowns deceiving the gullible of their wealth..
Re: Christian And Islamic Studies Merged By Ministry Of Education, Nigerians React by Nobody: 2:18pm On Apr 19, 2016
confused government,Indian hemp smokers
Re: Christian And Islamic Studies Merged By Ministry Of Education, Nigerians React by ogene007: 2:18pm On Apr 19, 2016
Fedayeen:
Why can't buhari and his islamist minister stop all this subtle effort to colonise us with their islamic ideology
This, in adddition to the grazing reserve bill, is part of the Islamization agenda. I guess nigerans are now getting to see the true meaning of the 'change' APC were taking about. It is not too late for christians to rectify this error by actively resisting this e-vil.
Re: Christian And Islamic Studies Merged By Ministry Of Education, Nigerians React by Nobody: 2:19pm On Apr 19, 2016
It is sad Nigerians comment without doing some research.

CRS and IRS will still be taught separately.
Re: Christian And Islamic Studies Merged By Ministry Of Education, Nigerians React by CHIJIOKE1314: 2:20pm On Apr 19, 2016
maadman:

U forgot something... Their pussies r gud...

I don't get, whose kitty-kat are you referring to..
Re: Christian And Islamic Studies Merged By Ministry Of Education, Nigerians React by Geeoriginal: 2:20pm On Apr 19, 2016
People should research this topic more. The curriculum was initiated under the last administration. In fact, it was Gov Wike that signed it then as the minister of education. The book to be used also have his approval. I disagree with some of the contents of this book like teaching that Jesus did not die should not be topic for secondary school students. Such divisive topics should be expunged from the Book to be used.
Re: Christian And Islamic Studies Merged By Ministry Of Education, Nigerians React by menxer: 2:22pm On Apr 19, 2016
modath:

You didn't get me, they should not be "forced" on pupils,

Students should be allowed to decide if they want to be 2face or Salawa Abeni before being mandated to spend time doing what they naturally don't have any affinity for, It's like forcing someone with hard muscles into gymnastics... do you get ?

& you only made a case for Fine Art, probably cos Architecture is your field.. smiley

God knows how many drawing books i tore in frustration.....Practical Biology was not fun for me either.. cheesy

Going to school entails discipline and is forced and enforced both on the teacher and the student.

Is there another way to teach pupils mathematics without "forcing" them to learn and recite the multiplication table?
Re: Christian And Islamic Studies Merged By Ministry Of Education, Nigerians React by GWMI(m): 2:25pm On Apr 19, 2016
buhari and his ministers are completely shameless by the time the fuller religion house(i.e CAN,PFN,OAIC,JNI,and other religious bodies) in Nigeria react they will just abadon their evil.Light cannot walk with darking.Evil Islam can and will never be taught in our schools over here in the south south.So buhari carry your religious wahala(i.e problem)go.Beside the most pressing issues here(fuel scarcity,economy collapse,inflation falling currency values, Bokoharam, fulani herdsmen terrorist and very many problems) are not been addressed why runing into the murky waters of religion again?i think Buhari diverting our attention from his under performace.Buhari is a complete faliure period.Thanks.
Re: Christian And Islamic Studies Merged By Ministry Of Education, Nigerians React by Damsonkc(m): 2:25pm On Apr 19, 2016
modath:

I support a total scrapping as well, also fine arts & music if they can't totally remove both, reduce them to "options" not even either, or!!

Some skills are innate, they should stop trying to beat "skills" into people, it is counterproductive!

I don't know how many times I've had need for demi semi quaver or how a drawing of African talking drum is proving not to have been a waste of valuable time!! sad

I can't draw to save my life..

I remember how many hours I spent starting & cleaning a drum that looked more like a mortar!!
Hi, this bias towards art is unfair. Science saves the world. Yes! Science is an easy route to getting rich. Yes! Science has prestige and art is a waste of precious time. Yes! But science can't teach us the essence of life. In art, we find reasons to live. We find meaning outside what the world wants us to believe. We do not sell our souls to wealth and greed. Art is the study of love. It is the reason we do not lead empty lives. We may never be rich like you science folks but in our hearts we know what it means to give your life for the pursuit of happiness. We teach kids art in school to start a fire, a passion in them. We all know that talent is good but don't forget that hard work and repetition will take you where talent alone won't take you. Let our kids be taught the essence of life. Let them learn poetry. Let them draw. It won't change the effect of global warming but it will give them hope for a happy ending. Have a nice day.

2 Likes

Re: Christian And Islamic Studies Merged By Ministry Of Education, Nigerians React by menxer: 2:26pm On Apr 19, 2016
Re: Christian And Islamic Studies Merged By Ministry Of Education, Nigerians React by Monjie(m): 2:26pm On Apr 19, 2016
It is a trick of the devil and It will never happened, I decree in the name of Jesus.
Re: Christian And Islamic Studies Merged By Ministry Of Education, Nigerians React by tosinjay(m): 2:31pm On Apr 19, 2016
Why is it so difficult for people to know the times.... Christians are insulting him, know ye not the times? As you fit see sign say rain wan fall you no fit see the state of the world abi? This is the spirit of the Antichrist in play. That's how the Pope is parading the world saying all religion serve same God, atheists can make heaven without believing in God(Jesus Christ). See this is just another shot at our end here even if it fails.
Re: Christian And Islamic Studies Merged By Ministry Of Education, Nigerians React by Nobody: 2:31pm On Apr 19, 2016
Quakertellicus1:
Odd move

Modified: cc Mods.

[size=18pt]I think that once again Nigerians are being lied to. Someone is crying wolf.
[/size]
Below is the link to the National E-Curriculum.

[size=20pt]Christian and Islamic Religious Studies......ARE STILL SEPARATE.

There is no such thing as ONE CLASS Religious and National Values.
[/size]

1.Under Primary school curriculum....here

[size=15pt]Listed components will serve as themes in the Religion and National Values Curriculum
Contents are planned for all children to take Social Studies, Civic Education and Security Education themes
Separate classes should be run for CRS theme and IS theme
Consumer Education, Disaster Risk Reduction Education and Peace and Conflict Resolution curricula are infused into the Civic Education, Social Studies and Security Education Themes.
Create enabling environment for the subject in all schools
[/size]

2Under JSS 1-3 and Pry 4-6.....IT IS THE SAME AS ONE ABOVE.

3.Under SSS 1-3......SS1: CRS

You know.....I wonder why Nairaland is being used to promote discord between religious and ethnic groups.

I may consider resigning my membership if this continues.

Modified: Further explanation here

God will bless you if you do it
Re: Christian And Islamic Studies Merged By Ministry Of Education, Nigerians React by diagro: 2:32pm On Apr 19, 2016
johnmartus:
I will sue federal government if African traditional religion is not add to it all these strange religious that affecting our life i think its high time to speak against it
I AGREE, ONLY THAT 'JOHN' IS UR NAME - A NAME FROM A 'STRANGE' RELIGION (IN UR WORD)

1 Like

Re: Christian And Islamic Studies Merged By Ministry Of Education, Nigerians React by saintkel(m): 2:36pm On Apr 19, 2016
CHIJIOKE1314:
Teach my child one word about MOHAMMED and watch me burn down your school..

I swear!!

Pls, can I understand what you need to be teaching my kids..
Lolz guy u funny
Re: Christian And Islamic Studies Merged By Ministry Of Education, Nigerians React by diagro: 2:39pm On Apr 19, 2016
CHIJIOKE1314:

I don't get, whose kitty-kat are you referring to..
Oga, u seem to think everyone on NL is sane. Do u go about responding to mad people in ur city?
Re: Christian And Islamic Studies Merged By Ministry Of Education, Nigerians React by Charly68: 2:40pm On Apr 19, 2016
The fire this people are trying to set,their lineage won't be able to quench it when it starts...Book Haram will be a child play when everybody stand up to defend their faith.

1 Like

Re: Christian And Islamic Studies Merged By Ministry Of Education, Nigerians React by truthspeaks: 2:41pm On Apr 19, 2016
Infact they shld merge mosques n churches 2geda
Reyginus:
What's wrong with these people? How do you merge two things that can NEVER agree? Are these people mad? What about scrapping them both?

1 Like

Re: Christian And Islamic Studies Merged By Ministry Of Education, Nigerians React by CHIJIOKE1314: 2:43pm On Apr 19, 2016
diagro:
Oga, u seem to think everyone on NL is sane. Do u go about responding to mad people in ur city?

You are 100% correct on this one..

Imagine the out of point the guy dey spew..
Re: Christian And Islamic Studies Merged By Ministry Of Education, Nigerians React by mmsen: 2:47pm On Apr 19, 2016
Why are children being taught this nonsense in the first place?

If religion is a 'personal choice' as so many people claim it to be then it shouldn't be forced on any child, anywhere.
Re: Christian And Islamic Studies Merged By Ministry Of Education, Nigerians React by Eluwilussit(m): 2:49pm On Apr 19, 2016
Mikehell:
Waiting for Osinbajo to express his own opinion before i can talk.......... lipsrsealed

Osi what? That one na passenger. That's if him dey inside vehicle sef! You go wait tire, my guy. cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Christian And Islamic Studies Merged By Ministry Of Education, Nigerians React by OBAGADAFFI: 2:49pm On Apr 19, 2016
menxer:

Religion should be optional in school.
What if the parents are Atheist
Re: Christian And Islamic Studies Merged By Ministry Of Education, Nigerians React by tete7000(m): 2:50pm On Apr 19, 2016
alhabie:

please can you upload a copy of the resignation letter as it seems you knew when he did..smh

Do you think I need to answer you? Definitely No. The man has resigned, it is reported and he has not come out to deny it. Infact at a redeem church I know that is a topic deliberated on last sunday. Are you Osinbajo? If it pains you, go chop poison. Nonsense!
Re: Christian And Islamic Studies Merged By Ministry Of Education, Nigerians React by edoziebobbyyahoocom(m): 2:52pm On Apr 19, 2016
I thought they said the vice president of this country is a christian and also a professor, with all his knowledge and religion yet we can't see his influence in nigeria for over a year. This country is going south!
Re: Christian And Islamic Studies Merged By Ministry Of Education, Nigerians React by Eluwilussit(m): 2:53pm On Apr 19, 2016
diagro:

More idiiots on NL than anywhere else! cry cry. Our dear country is in trouble. cry cry
Re: Christian And Islamic Studies Merged By Ministry Of Education, Nigerians React by Malawian(m): 2:54pm On Apr 19, 2016
first of all, my annoyance is their premise that the present curriculum is too tasking on kids. if their isi anyu kids are too dull to keep up, they should not try to dull kids of other tribes that can cope. you dont strenghten the weak by weakening the strong.

secondly, i find it noxious this attempt at indoctrinating kids at such a tender age. infact, i dont want to continue cos i am angry now.
Re: Christian And Islamic Studies Merged By Ministry Of Education, Nigerians React by olu4life(m): 2:58pm On Apr 19, 2016
Seun, please confront ur SuperMods to confirm an info before posting on FP. We know the power the FP holds and people would only read the topic and the first post, and start spreading rumors and propaganda.

Kindly put this topic on FP to make it clear to people https://www.nairaland.com/3057303/re-new-national-curriculum-no

Have a good dah

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Teacher Injures Student For Failing To Submit Assignment In Rivers (Graphic Pics / Transgender: Students At Leeds University Demand staff include Gender Pronoun / Different Students During Their Final Year Project (Hilarious Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.