Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,235 members, 7,818,787 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:28 AM

Christian And Islamic Studies Merged By Ministry Of Education, Nigerians React - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Christian And Islamic Studies Merged By Ministry Of Education, Nigerians React (35402 Views)

Ministry Of Education Considering Adding An Extra Year To University Studies / Nigerians React To Snake That Swallowed N36m In JAMB Office (Photos) / JAMB Fixes Cut Off Marks For Universities, Polytechnics, Colleges Of Education (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Christian And Islamic Studies Merged By Ministry Of Education, Nigerians React by fF01(m): 3:00pm On Apr 19, 2016
Mrokaykay:

That's the confusion am talking about....nothing is wrong with though, but you are just religiously CONFUSED...if we check now maybe your elder bro is traditional native doctor or something.
hahaha... lwkm!
fuccking hilarious, dude u crazy! lmao.
Re: Christian And Islamic Studies Merged By Ministry Of Education, Nigerians React by Eluwilussit(m): 3:00pm On Apr 19, 2016
diagro:
I AGREE, ONLY THAT 'JOHN' IS UR NAME - A NAME FROM A 'STRANGE' RELIGION (IN UR WORD)

Dude you are smart! Let him change his name to reflect his faith first, then he can have a good case. grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Christian And Islamic Studies Merged By Ministry Of Education, Nigerians React by Nobody: 3:01pm On Apr 19, 2016
chuose:
[size=14pt]God will punish Adeboye of Redeemed for giving us an Islamic Govt[/size]
God will not punish him instead he will laugh at those that voted change
Re: Christian And Islamic Studies Merged By Ministry Of Education, Nigerians React by Mikehell(m): 3:02pm On Apr 19, 2016
Eluwilussit:

Osi what? That one na passenger. That's if him dey inside vehicle sef! You go wait tire, my guy. cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

So he is a mere commissioner?
Re: Christian And Islamic Studies Merged By Ministry Of Education, Nigerians React by Nobody: 3:03pm On Apr 19, 2016
Fedayeen:
God will bless you if you do it
Sorry, but still here.
Click on the links in my post you responded to. It is most enlightening.
Re: Christian And Islamic Studies Merged By Ministry Of Education, Nigerians React by Eluwilussit(m): 3:06pm On Apr 19, 2016
Mikehell:

So he is a mere commissioner?

Yes na! He is Tinubu's Boi Boi and Buhari knows it and treats him as such. Christians and Southerners lost out.
Re: Christian And Islamic Studies Merged By Ministry Of Education, Nigerians React by diagro: 3:07pm On Apr 19, 2016
Why is the average Nigerian so religious & yet so ungodly? Who says this reveals an attempt @ islimization when both CRS & IRS are both to be replaced? Can't u see the neutral name to be given the new subject? Why not wait till u have good reasons to think it's an islamization ploy before u so allege? I have to say if things are as reported here, then my view of Buhari as a religious bigot has changed.
Re: Christian And Islamic Studies Merged By Ministry Of Education, Nigerians React by TrumpDonald(m): 3:07pm On Apr 19, 2016
Instead of them to plan on how to improve the standard of education, they are busy merging subjects. Most public office holders in this country are so clueless.

How can u merge CRS and IRS?

2 Likes

Re: Christian And Islamic Studies Merged By Ministry Of Education, Nigerians React by ibietela2(m): 3:09pm On Apr 19, 2016
[s]
modath:

I support a total scrapping as well, also fine arts & music if they can't totally remove both, reduce them to "options" not even either, or!!

Some skills are innate, they should stop trying to beat "skills" into people, it is counterproductive!

I don't know how many times I've had need for demi semi quaver or how a drawing of African talking drum is proving not to have been a waste of valuable time!! sad

I can't draw to save my life..

I remember how many hours I spent starting & cleaning a drum that looked more like a mortar!!
[/s]

Common DRAWING you don't know. Mtcheewww
Re: Christian And Islamic Studies Merged By Ministry Of Education, Nigerians React by NJUWA(m): 3:11pm On Apr 19, 2016
its becoming interesting, what will happened to a muslim child when CRK teacher is in class, listening, sleeping, playing or working away and vice versa, God help this country. The handwriting is on the wall. First was Nigeria entering into Islamic state in the name of fighting boko haram. It will not work. its like this country called Nigeria is due to give birth to some other countries

1 Like

Re: Christian And Islamic Studies Merged By Ministry Of Education, Nigerians React by SIRJENTLE: 3:14pm On Apr 19, 2016
ISLAMISATION OF THIS COUNTRY IS GRADUALLY RAKING PLACE. WHAT THEY WILL DO IS TO IMPOSE THE TEACHING OF ISLAMIC RELIGION IN THE WEST AND SOUTH WHILE THE TEACHING IF CHRISTIAN RELIGION IN THE NORTH WILL BE OVERLOOKED AND WE STILL REMEMBER THE INFLUENCE OF WESTERN RELIGION TO OUR SO CALLED NATION.

YOU CAN NOT TELL ME THAT THE NORTH WILL SUPPORT THE TEACHING OF CHRISTIAN RELIGION WHILE THE GOVERNOR OF KANO STATE HAS SIGNED INTO LAW THE CONTROVERSIAL CHRISTIAN BILL.

OUR VICE PRESIDENT HAS RESIGNED AS A PASTOR IN REDEEM UPON WHICH MANY PEOPLE VOTED FOR HIM.
WE CAN NOW SEE THE WRITING ON THE WALL.

LET US NOT FORGET ONE OF THE MISSIONS OF MOHAMMED ( president mohannadu buhari is not his real name).
his real name is MOHAMMED BUHARI.

1 Like

Re: Christian And Islamic Studies Merged By Ministry Of Education, Nigerians React by dilohazard(m): 3:17pm On Apr 19, 2016
OnReflection:
Brilliant development.
Just make sure the new curriculum also reflects the teachings of African Traditional Religion (ATR).
ur head dey dia grin
Re: Christian And Islamic Studies Merged By Ministry Of Education, Nigerians React by nafiachi(m): 3:26pm On Apr 19, 2016
With all due respect, most of the comments here are quite embarrassing, merging both religious studies and other subjects listed is a great idea, but does that mean Islamizing or Christianizing the students? No!
It's most likely an opportunity for us all to understand what are the basics of both religious teaching. Islamically understanding someone else's religion isn't a Bad thing at all, don't know for the Christians though, but I believe it's an avenue for us all to sit together and reason it out.

Change is Here!
Re: Christian And Islamic Studies Merged By Ministry Of Education, Nigerians React by Esdb3: 3:35pm On Apr 19, 2016
tuale4u:
They should scrap religious studies altogether.

Let the children learn in church and mosque.

That is not a brilliant idea. Religion is something that can affect a nation. Not all taught religion in school will be pastors. Some may end up to be historical go-TOs when unbiased info is needed on religion...

Religion has its history interwoven with the history of mankind. Some people need to study this to make sure it is unforgotten.
Re: Christian And Islamic Studies Merged By Ministry Of Education, Nigerians React by TeamSimple(m): 3:40pm On Apr 19, 2016
CHIJIOKE1314:
Teach my child one word about MOHAMMED and watch me burn down your school..

I swear!!

Pls, can I understand what you need to be teaching my kids..
Silly hypocrites, making comments as if the Bible described the infidels any better. What did the Bible say about apostasy? What did the Bible say about Idol worshippers and unbelievers? Did the Bible promise them glad tidings?

You people are just so stvpid that you think High of yourself in the religious circle.
As a Muslim, I will never allow my child learn from the Bible or attend a school where s.o.p is being forced on student.

Useless set of creatures who thinks their belief supercedes common sense.
Re: Christian And Islamic Studies Merged By Ministry Of Education, Nigerians React by RALPHOW(m): 3:41pm On Apr 19, 2016
tuale4u:
They should scrap religious studies altogether.

Let the children learn in church and mosque.

UK /EUROPEAN COUNTRIES DID IT FEW YEARS AGO
TODAY IS A BIG REGRET,
TODAY EVEN UK POLICE FEAR A GROUP OF JUDT 10 YEARS OLD BOYS ON THE STREET OF LONDON.
YOUTH ARE SO MANY IN THE PRISON TODAY BECAUSE BIBLE WAS TAKING AWAY FROM SCHOOL.
HOWEVER BIBLE IS ENCOURAGED IN THE PRISON.
Re: Christian And Islamic Studies Merged By Ministry Of Education, Nigerians React by vanguard90(m): 3:43pm On Apr 19, 2016
Mrokaykay:

That's the confusion am talking about....nothing is wrong with though, but you are just religiously CONFUSED...if we check now maybe your elder bro is traditional native doctor or something.
Apoda ni boboyi sha.
Is it just me or does confusion now have another meaning?
What's confusion about religious plurality?
All these bolo sef
Re: Christian And Islamic Studies Merged By Ministry Of Education, Nigerians React by Nobody: 3:43pm On Apr 19, 2016
The gbaguan i read all through that garbage no be here,only one post actually made sense,why teach religious studies in schools when there are places already where people worship.
Re: Christian And Islamic Studies Merged By Ministry Of Education, Nigerians React by TeamSimple(m): 3:43pm On Apr 19, 2016
Mrokaykay:

South West is just religiously Confused nothing like Religious Tolerance there...
Please before you quote me I base@ Osun state
So how do we resolve the confusion down southwest? I know from your myopic thoughts, you would prefer a christian dominant southwest like you have in South south and SE.
Re: Christian And Islamic Studies Merged By Ministry Of Education, Nigerians React by CHIJIOKE1314: 3:51pm On Apr 19, 2016
[s]
TeamSimple:

Silly hypocrites, making comments as if the Bible described the infidels any better. What did the Bible say about apostasy? What did the Bible say about Idol worshippers and unbelievers? Did the Bible promise them glad tidings?

You people are just so stvpid that you think High of yourself in the religious circle.
As a Muslim, I will never allow my child learn from the Bible or attend a school where s.o.p is being forced on student.

Useless set of creatures who thinks their belief supercedes common sense.
[/s]

If your brain is in other it would have sent you a signal saying not all non Muslims are Christian and not all non-Christians or non-Muslims have religion..

Religion is for the perverse minds who could not think for themselves..

So take your saliva spluttering to somewhere else..
With your low religious mentality. .

Re: Christian And Islamic Studies Merged By Ministry Of Education, Nigerians React by TeamSimple(m): 3:52pm On Apr 19, 2016
SaintHephzibah:
So Buhari, you and your devilish cohorts have finally shifted your evil eye towards my course and profession.
Sorry evil minister, you will indeed fail big time.
Crs and islam can never and will never be merged. What does light have to do with darkness?
And you are so silly to think we Muslims are desperate to share knowledge with you.

You people think so high of yourselves as if anyone of you have been to heaven and return.
As a Muslim, it's an unacceptable move for us to relate with hypocrites and people suffering from double standards like the Christians.

A thread talks about two religion studies merge together but you Christians choose to play the victim card. So shall you forever remain a victim. Brainless mofos.
Re: Christian And Islamic Studies Merged By Ministry Of Education, Nigerians React by TeamSimple(m): 3:57pm On Apr 19, 2016
CHIJIOKE1314:
[s][/s]

If your brain is in other it would have sent you a signal saying not all non Muslims are Christian and not all non-Christians or non-Muslims have religion..

Religion is for the perverse minds who could not think for themselves..

So take your saliva spluttering to somewhere else..
With your low religious mentality. .
Have seen worse statements uttered by Christians just to make silly points.
Have seen Christians act like herbalist or atheist just to spite muslims. Have even heard Christians denounce the position of Christ just to prove a point.
So your denial isn't coming as a surprise.
Re: Christian And Islamic Studies Merged By Ministry Of Education, Nigerians React by glossy6(f): 3:57pm On Apr 19, 2016
Whaaat? How will the so called infidels use the Qur'an? And will Christians learn Arabic language too?
Re: Christian And Islamic Studies Merged By Ministry Of Education, Nigerians React by Stuntkid172(m): 4:06pm On Apr 19, 2016
chriskosherbal:
Well, I don't really know what to say here.
hey,
Use that door your see NOW
Re: Christian And Islamic Studies Merged By Ministry Of Education, Nigerians React by BuddhaPalm(m): 4:10pm On Apr 19, 2016
CHIJIOKE1314:
[s][/s]

All I said is MY child not yours..

I don't care who is better or who is not..
I would rather be dead than to live and watch ANITHER human being teach my underage child hate called religion...

Islam is no more or less a "hate religion" than Christianity.

Christianity is also very divisive.

The Bible, itself, contains several stories of "God" sanctioned atrocities. And in the name of the Christian God, people have also been very cruel to others - to put it mildly.
Re: Christian And Islamic Studies Merged By Ministry Of Education, Nigerians React by yommen: 4:17pm On Apr 19, 2016
The topic says they are merging Islamic and Christian religious studies. It never said they are scrapping Christianity. So I'm surprised that some people are claiming that Buhari is Islamising Nigeria.
I my opinion, I think it's a good idea to learn about other people's religion which will help one know why a particular pattern is common with others

we don't have to condemn everything blindly
Re: Christian And Islamic Studies Merged By Ministry Of Education, Nigerians React by Cityguy: 4:27pm On Apr 19, 2016
TeamSimple:

And you are so silly to think we Muslims are desperate to share knowledge with you.

You people think so high of yourselves as if anyone of you have been to heaven and return.
As a Muslim, it's an unacceptable move for us to relate with hypocrites and people suffering from double standards like the Christians.

A thread talks about two religion studies merge together but you Christians choose to play the victim card. So shall you forever remain a victim. Brainless mofos.
I quite agree with part of your submission that describes it as 'unacceptable' to relate with hypocrites and double standard people like 'christians'. It's so obvious you are full of hate and that is what people have been saying here which is getting the better part of you. Can't imagine someone like you teaching a 'christian' child who has an impressionable mind. Let us all maintain our different ideologies. This crafty, veiled greek-gift arrangement will not work. Nigerians are very passionate about their religious affiliations. Keep your 'knowledge', Christians the 'brainless mofos' would rather be taught other kinds of knowledge.

1 Like

Re: Christian And Islamic Studies Merged By Ministry Of Education, Nigerians React by CHIJIOKE1314: 4:37pm On Apr 19, 2016
TeamSimple:

Have seen worse statements uttered by Christians just to make silly points.
Have seen Christians act like herbalist or atheist just to spite muslims. Have even heard Christians denounce the position of Christ just to prove a point.
So your denial isn't coming as a surprise.

What have you not seen, you have equally seen a serpent walk and a bird swim.. Swerve joo.. Who are you for me to swear to..

Jump off!
Re: Christian And Islamic Studies Merged By Ministry Of Education, Nigerians React by nigeriapolitics(f): 4:40pm On Apr 19, 2016
Great idea to me, it will promote religion tolerance n bring unity.
Re: Christian And Islamic Studies Merged By Ministry Of Education, Nigerians React by Nobody: 4:40pm On Apr 19, 2016
Am waiting for our Hypocrite VP Osinbade,. Ugly. Development
Re: Christian And Islamic Studies Merged By Ministry Of Education, Nigerians React by Gaddavi: 4:55pm On Apr 19, 2016
Fedayeen:
The Islamaisation of Nigeria is on course.

This plan will fail in core northern states because no teacher will dare teach an almajiri about jesus christ that will not have his head on a pike the next day

It will faill in SS/SE because No teacher there will be able to teach students Qur'anic education because they don't even know it and will NEVER learn it.

It will be a success in the SW because of religious tolerance that they espouse grin so the xtian and muslim should gear up and seize control on who will come out top there
exactly
Re: Christian And Islamic Studies Merged By Ministry Of Education, Nigerians React by notoriousbabe: 4:55pm On Apr 19, 2016
Lobatan. It is finished

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Photo Of The FUTMINNA Student Whose Death Led To Riot / NEKEDE Polytechic students were asked to Define Unknown Gun-Men / "OAU Professor, Richard Akindele, Also Asked Me For Sex" - Graduate In Ireland

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.