Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,164 members, 7,818,536 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:16 PM

Husband Going To The Market For Wife - Right Or Wrong - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Husband Going To The Market For Wife - Right Or Wrong (4466 Views)

Couples Hiding Their Earnings From Each Other, Right Or Wrong? / 9 Things You Can Relate To If You Have Followed Your Mother To The Market Before / The Stress Of Following Your Nigerian Mother To The Market(hilarious Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Husband Going To The Market For Wife - Right Or Wrong by Fkforyou(m): 10:58am On Apr 20, 2016
You know, I never thought of this as an issue to discuss because even as at last week my dad called my mum to know what we needed at home so that he could buy it.

Anyway sha, am not married,so I can't say. But in the case of my dad, he was close by, so it will be illogical for him to go home first then give my mum money to start coming back to the market.

2 Likes

Re: Husband Going To The Market For Wife - Right Or Wrong by Fkforyou(m): 11:06am On Apr 20, 2016
EfemenaXY:

Why would you even think there's anything wrong with a man "going to the market for his wife"? Will his diick shrivel up and fall off if he does?

Prior to getting married, he never went to the market to shop for himself as a bachelor?

Only a pre-historic, or self-centered wicked man, or a combination of all of the above will assume this should be a topic worthy of discussion.

Bla bla bla....can't you make your point without being vulgar.

Did it occur to you that there might some women who are actually married to such kind of men and are cool with it.?

#Ominiknowest.

2 Likes

Re: Husband Going To The Market For Wife - Right Or Wrong by hanubarbie(f): 11:54am On Apr 20, 2016
Re: Husband Going To The Market For Wife - Right Or Wrong by Nobody: 12:03pm On Apr 20, 2016
VoteDemiladgold:
Why do we like bringing up unrealistic issues to debate upon...
I wonder o

No one can have everything he/she wants in one spouse

Most men who enjoy going to market effortlessly for their wives aren't the tough type and vice versa..its a personality issue

Yet u'll see a lady who wants a market-going type of man turn around to say she wants a hard and tough guy again

So unrealistic.
Re: Husband Going To The Market For Wife - Right Or Wrong by omoiseselagba: 12:33pm On Apr 20, 2016
Gaborone:
It is up to a man to express his love for his wife one way -this way- or the other.

It is also up to another to allow his wife go through all the stress there is in the world, while he maintains his traditional man posture as she crumbles under the weight. However, he shouldn't come complain to us that 5 years after contracting the marriage, the wife has started looking like his mother... angry

IT IS NOT ABOUT LOVE.A SMART MAN WILL NOT ALLOW HIS WIFE WASTE HIS LIMITED RESOURCES.I DO IT TOO.WHY? COS I BUY STUFF WHEN COMING FROM WORK AND I MIGHT NOT LIKE WHAT SHE WILL GET.I HAVE BEEN COOKING SINCE I WAS IN PRY SCH AND NOW NO ONE CAN SATISFY ME WHEN IT COMES TO COOKING AND STANDARD GENERALLY.IF YOU WANT ANYTHING DONE WELL,DO IT YOUR SELF

1 Like

Re: Husband Going To The Market For Wife - Right Or Wrong by crackhaus: 1:47pm On Apr 20, 2016
Fkforyou:

Bla bla bla....can't you make your point without being vulgar.

Did it occur to you that there might some women who are actually married to such kind of men and are cool with it.?

#Ominiknowest.
Pretence my nigga, pretence...

Most of these women here have lived or still live with men who won't go to the market unless a particular situation calls for it.

6 Likes

Re: Husband Going To The Market For Wife - Right Or Wrong by Moana(f): 6:34pm On Apr 20, 2016
If he is not going to eat the food she cooks, then its very wrong
Re: Husband Going To The Market For Wife - Right Or Wrong by Acidosis(m): 7:57pm On Apr 20, 2016
If the woman is free and unwilling, then it is wrong for a man to go to the market. Some tasks are masculine, while some are feminine in nature.

As a woman, would you take your generator for repairs, change your car tyre while your husband sits at home to cut vegetable and ponmo?

It won't kill anyone, but it sounds f00lish to say the least. Let's stop exchanging roles here. A man can go to the market under certain circumstances. A woman can also bend down, get her hands dirty with lubricants, and change her husband's car tyre. She could also fix a broken switch in the home under certain circumstances. But when we try to exchange roles, we'd be making a grave mistake.

2 Likes

Re: Husband Going To The Market For Wife - Right Or Wrong by Bolade005: 7:58pm On Apr 20, 2016
You ladies can call the OP names for all you like but the honest truth is some men will never go to the market for their wives and it doesn't mean those men love their wives less. It's just who they are.

Truth be told, I can't go to the market and I doubt if there's anything that can make me do it. The best I've done and I always do is to drive my wife to the market and then wait for her in the car while she go into the market to do her thing. The major reason is purely economical, I know I will be cheated by the market women.

I do go to stores and supermarkets to buy other things needed in the home but to go and start pricing fish, pepper and the likes, No way.

2 Likes

Re: Husband Going To The Market For Wife - Right Or Wrong by Armanee: 8:10pm On Apr 20, 2016
marbee:
Going to the market for the wife as in how? Are they not going to eat the food together?

Don't you see men selling stuffs in the market and vice versa?

I wonder were all this rules are written.

I juss tire oo....
Re: Husband Going To The Market For Wife - Right Or Wrong by Nobody: 3:28am On Apr 22, 2016
EfemenaXY:

Why would you even think there's anything wrong with a man "going to the market for his wife"? Will his diick shrivel up and fall off if he does?

Prior to getting married, he never went to the market to shop for himself as a bachelor?

Only a pre-historic, or self-centered wicked man, or a combination of all of the above will assume this should be a topic worthy of discussion.

Good.

2 Likes

Re: Husband Going To The Market For Wife - Right Or Wrong by OsbornTyler7: 3:36pm On Aug 23, 2022
If you're looking for a woman to settle down with, consider a ukrainian brides over 50 years old. These women are full of confidence, warmth, and emotional stability. They know the value of relationships and are ready to start new love adventures. They know how to support and satisfy their partners' needs and wants. And they're not shy of meeting new challenges and expectations. If you're looking for a woman to settle down with, these women are perfect for you.
Re: Husband Going To The Market For Wife - Right Or Wrong by pstemma1990: 5:26am On Aug 24, 2022
MosakuAW:

Nothing is wrong with that, it all depends on the husband.

My own case as an example: My wife is so poor in bargaining power during purchase of food stuff, with this i do follow her to market and at time i do the food shopping things myself.

Why she is poor was that, she was never taught how to buy food stuffs while growing because their househelp does all that. And me being confirm semi pako, am used to buying all these right from my high school 90's to my university days in the year 1999-2003.

Infact all the market woman @Oja Oba in Ilorin then, use to call me 'Mr Alaroro' I price and bargain anything i want to buy in the market.
grin so u can price more than ur wife?
Re: Husband Going To The Market For Wife - Right Or Wrong by kudsweet(f): 5:34pm On May 17, 2023
OsbornTyler7:
If you're looking for a woman to settle down with, consider a ukrainian brides over 50 years old. These women are full of confidence, warmth, and emotional stability. They know the value of relationships and are ready to start new love adventures. They know how to support and satisfy their partners' needs and wants. And they're not shy of meeting new challenges and expectations. If you're looking for a woman to settle down with, these women are perfect for you.
Hmm
Re: Husband Going To The Market For Wife - Right Or Wrong by Angrygoat: 9:10pm On May 17, 2023
I have a neighbour like that,he has grown kids of 25,22,21 and a wife. He goes to the market,he washes his car,fetches water from the well does all manner of shitz,while his dumb kids all they Do is smoke weed,sleep,wake up. I jus dey shake head. His wife is from ogun state. She don do jazz put am for him food. He don turn to mumu.
Re: Husband Going To The Market For Wife - Right Or Wrong by mrblessed(m): 5:17am On May 18, 2023
It's their business. There is no right or wrong approach to this practice. It's what brings stability to their union.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Brother In-law! / 10 Things You Should Never Do To Your Husband / At Last, A Woman Accepts Responsibility

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.