Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,081 members, 7,818,235 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:52 AM

Nigeria – China Currency Deal – The Biggest Winners And Losers - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Nigeria – China Currency Deal – The Biggest Winners And Losers (41519 Views)

41 Items Still Banned Under Nigeria-china Currency Swap Deal / What Happened To Nigeria China Currency Swap Deal? / Nigeria, China Currency Swap Forces USD Rate Down: Bureau De Change Association (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria – China Currency Deal – The Biggest Winners And Losers by Charlesdock(m): 4:38pm On Apr 19, 2016
Ok
Re: Nigeria – China Currency Deal – The Biggest Winners And Losers by mile12crises: 4:38pm On Apr 19, 2016
Buhari also gained by touring the FORBIDDEN CITY cool
Re: Nigeria – China Currency Deal – The Biggest Winners And Losers by Odunsco01(m): 4:38pm On Apr 19, 2016
Re: Nigeria – China Currency Deal – The Biggest Winners And Losers by emex4gman(m): 4:38pm On Apr 19, 2016
Dollyak:

What is with the God bless b.s?
Who you epp?
Re: Nigeria – China Currency Deal – The Biggest Winners And Losers by omowolewa: 4:38pm On Apr 19, 2016
Ok
Re: Nigeria – China Currency Deal – The Biggest Winners And Losers by sankky: 4:39pm On Apr 19, 2016
Crappy.
Questionable source.
Unconvincing arguments.
All I saw were benefits to china and her economy. Its all one sided.
China will export much more to Nigeria which will in turn suppress local manufacturing here. How does this benefit us in the long run? Which finished products do we export to china? What if China refuses to come and invest as much as u expected? Na by force?
What of the the fact that China is using Nigeria as a pawn to usurp the CFA and other currencies belinging to the West, which are used in Africa ? Does what happened to Gaddafi ring a bell?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria – China Currency Deal – The Biggest Winners And Losers by Splinz(m): 4:39pm On Apr 19, 2016
I reserve my comment on this deal till it materialize and proved beneficial. Till then, I'll take all these theories here and there with a pinch of salt.

5 Likes

Re: Nigeria – China Currency Deal – The Biggest Winners And Losers by Princeizuu: 4:39pm On Apr 19, 2016
Nigeria – China Currency Deal
The major advantage is that if an importer is to buy a good from China worth 6467 Yuan. He will first need to change his naira to dollar. (N320,000=$1,000 ) then change the $1,000 dollars to Yuan which is 6467.00 . But if he decides to change to Naira directly then 1 Yuan is N30.80 naira x 6467 = 199,209.24 .

In the first Calculation he will be spending 320,000 – 199,204.24 = 120,796. In the first process , the importer will lose 120,796 just because of the currency conversion. But with this new deal importers will have a lot to save and we should also expect a reduction in the price of goods exported from China
Re: Nigeria – China Currency Deal – The Biggest Winners And Losers by justmenoni: 4:39pm On Apr 19, 2016
for goat,are you one?

tempest01:
G

1 Like

Re: Nigeria – China Currency Deal – The Biggest Winners And Losers by Ezedon(m): 4:40pm On Apr 19, 2016
The only good news since Bullhari assumes office
Re: Nigeria – China Currency Deal – The Biggest Winners And Losers by petrov10: 4:40pm On Apr 19, 2016
pray it works
Re: Nigeria – China Currency Deal – The Biggest Winners And Losers by samx4real(m): 4:40pm On Apr 19, 2016
Good news grin
Re: Nigeria – China Currency Deal – The Biggest Winners And Losers by samx4real(m): 4:40pm On Apr 19, 2016
F*ck IMF

F*ck d Americans!

2 Likes

Let me say... Precicipi

Buhari is working!!!

Great deal for Nigeria! F*ck d Americans

1 Like

Re: Nigeria – China Currency Deal – The Biggest Winners And Losers by phkka1(m): 4:40pm On Apr 19, 2016
This is a sign of good things to come. I am tired this dollar issue. God help Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria – China Currency Deal – The Biggest Winners And Losers by Nobody: 4:40pm On Apr 19, 2016
PMB is back and the deal has been done.

Let the change begin bt mean while fuel is still sold at N220 per liter here.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria – China Currency Deal – The Biggest Winners And Losers by 0nyegame(m): 4:41pm On Apr 19, 2016
i pray it work out as op just said,i like the deal
Re: Nigeria – China Currency Deal – The Biggest Winners And Losers by stzy(m): 4:42pm On Apr 19, 2016
May 29 is 40days away n we'll only hear theoritical achievements 4rm this government

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria – China Currency Deal – The Biggest Winners And Losers by Donbrig: 4:42pm On Apr 19, 2016
It is a very good development for Africa as a whole. Americans are already losing their grips, they should know that everything has an end. Petrol dollar is the only thing keeping American economy going smoothly, 70% of American dollars circulates outside America, only 30% of their dollars circulates inside USA. Nigerians must watch their backs very very well, because Americans are READY to kill and destroy whoever they see as a threat in shortchanging the power of their currency, as it amounts doom to their local economy.

God bless Buhari and Nigeria. The GIANT in us must rise AGAIN.

5 Likes

Re: Nigeria – China Currency Deal – The Biggest Winners And Losers by tempest01(m): 4:42pm On Apr 19, 2016
justmenoni:
for goat,are you one?

Make I just ignore this your post....Make I no curse your generation this afternoon....
Re: Nigeria – China Currency Deal – The Biggest Winners And Losers by Nobody: 4:43pm On Apr 19, 2016
Splinz:
I reserve my comment on this deal till it materialize and proved beneficial. Till then, I'll take all these theories here and there with a pinch of salt.
grin
Re: Nigeria – China Currency Deal – The Biggest Winners And Losers by onatisi(m): 4:43pm On Apr 19, 2016
The biggest winner is china
The biggest losers are Nigerian manufacturers because they wont be able to compete with cheap Chinese goods that will eventually flood the market.
The only way the government can make this policy work for Nigerian companies is to ban Chinese made goods which can be produced locally in Nigeria from entering Nigeria and compel Chinese investors to open up such factories in Nigeria instead of shipping the goods in from china .

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria – China Currency Deal – The Biggest Winners And Losers by Nobody: 4:43pm On Apr 19, 2016
I can't wait to see this American economy drop like a bag of beans. Their shakara don too much .

1 Like

Re: Nigeria – China Currency Deal – The Biggest Winners And Losers by j1mmy: 4:44pm On Apr 19, 2016
Nigeria never won any international negotiations, they are always the losers - You think China will let Nigeria win anything?
Nigerian negotiators will take bribes to undermine the country any day

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria – China Currency Deal – The Biggest Winners And Losers by Nobody: 4:45pm On Apr 19, 2016
even olo dó de say ok.
Re: Nigeria – China Currency Deal – The Biggest Winners And Losers by nestaAK(m): 4:46pm On Apr 19, 2016
Looking forward to better days

Some are waiting for the islamization of Nig...

1 Like

Re: Nigeria – China Currency Deal – The Biggest Winners And Losers by ThuGnificenX: 4:48pm On Apr 19, 2016
onatisi:
The biggest winner is china
The biggest losers are Nigerian manufacturers because they wont be able to compete with cheap Chinese goods that will eventually flood the market.
The only way the government can make this policy work for Nigerian companies is to ban Chinese made goods which can be produced locally in Nigeria from entering Nigeria and compel Chinese investors to open up such factories in Nigeria instead of shipping the goods in from china .

1 Like

Re: Nigeria – China Currency Deal – The Biggest Winners And Losers by Nobody: 4:48pm On Apr 19, 2016
Almajiri1:
As long as it gets easier and cheaper to import from China, expect more job losses as industries close shop.
our policy makers atimes amuse me. Though with the attendant positives of this bilateral agreement, your assertion that companies will close shop is spot on. How do we boost local production tru d importation of cheap foreign produce, I still wonder d economic magic and explanation to this.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria – China Currency Deal – The Biggest Winners And Losers by kajoula(m): 4:51pm On Apr 19, 2016
ofesko121:
i so much believe in buhari even with the harsh economic situation. i cant just explain the love for this man

[size=18pt]You be Fulani ni ?[/size]
Re: Nigeria – China Currency Deal – The Biggest Winners And Losers by phkka1(m): 4:51pm On Apr 19, 2016
Too tired of this dollar of a thing. So long as prices of things will come down, that will be ok. The faith of Brazil and Zimbabwe will never be our portion in Jesus name- Amen.
Re: Nigeria – China Currency Deal – The Biggest Winners And Losers by samplegirl(f): 4:51pm On Apr 19, 2016
The name of this deal is MANUFACTURING INDUSTTRY REST IN PEACE.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria – China Currency Deal – The Biggest Winners And Losers by onatisi(m): 4:53pm On Apr 19, 2016
samplegirl:
The name of this deal is MANUFACTURING INDUSTTRY REST IN PEACE.
God bless you

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Jonathan Refutes MURIC's Allegation Of Jewish Symbol On N100 Note / Drop Your Bussiness Profession Here And Get A Call From Any Nairalanders / CBN Blocks Money Transfers Into The Country From Most Operators

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.