Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,119 members, 7,818,354 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:22 PM

Nigeria – China Currency Deal – The Biggest Winners And Losers - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Nigeria – China Currency Deal – The Biggest Winners And Losers (41520 Views)

41 Items Still Banned Under Nigeria-china Currency Swap Deal / What Happened To Nigeria China Currency Swap Deal? / Nigeria, China Currency Swap Forces USD Rate Down: Bureau De Change Association (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria – China Currency Deal – The Biggest Winners And Losers by Nobody: 5:49pm On Apr 19, 2016
I don't see any gain on this business, what will happen to our local production?
How will our local industries grow when it's cheaper to import from china?
How are we going to create more jobs with this?
Do we change our foreign reserve to yuan too?

1 Like

Re: Nigeria – China Currency Deal – The Biggest Winners And Losers by jobsat34(m): 5:51pm On Apr 19, 2016
Almajiri1:
As long as it gets easier and cheaper to import from China, expect more job losses as industries close shop.

that will not be the case sir..

those items that were banned from accessing the forex will still remain banned.
while yuan will not be sold to those BDC as well.
nothing changes as far as access to forex for imported goods is concern
Re: Nigeria – China Currency Deal – The Biggest Winners And Losers by elmisti(m): 5:53pm On Apr 19, 2016
kazyhm:

you know ?
when the differences are the same
its very difficult to explain that Jesus is the Christ, not a Christian but the followers are to an intelligent church attender.

Lol....in fela voice *confusion everywhere*
Re: Nigeria – China Currency Deal – The Biggest Winners And Losers by ojuolu(m): 5:54pm On Apr 19, 2016
elmisti:
Very very clumsy write up filled with assumptions and fallacious elements!.....before u brand me a wailer....Nope am not a full time wailer but Nigeria-china..I will wail!

Here is my angle of argument

#1--Yuan is nowhere near the dollar and should never b compared to it...d distance is jst too far! No body is equating them oga. Yuan is still closer to Dollar than naira.

#2--Nigeria major export which is oil still sell with dollar. Nobody contend that sir. the currency deal is no trade abolition. We will continue to sell oil in dollars. We only desire a reduction in our over dependency on USD. Dollar is like the middle man between the producer(Yuan) and the consumer(naira). simple economics made us to understand that the elimination of middle men most time lead to reduction in the price of goods and services.

#3--No ntion can run away from dollar, even russia reserve is in dollars! We are not running. We are mitigating the effect of dollar on our currency especially since we need to diversify the base of our economy.

#4---why is Dangote getting his loan in dollars and not Yuan The measurement of world currency in USD. That does not make USD the highest currency or most healthy. The fact that a lot of economies trade in USD is one of the sources of its strength.

#5--70% of import from china is jst a number, u mean spoons, ceramics, fake electronics nd co Our exchange of oil with netherlands beat the price of our exchange with china in a year!. The quantum of spoons, ceramics, fake electronics and co from China in a year is massive enough to affect our foreign reserve negatively. The common man is more interested in his basic needs than those luxury goods from the west. We sell oil to netherland and receive inflow, we buy things from china which leads to outflow. The effect on naira is never and will never the same.

#6--Even if they try to twist their way out of dollar, what of gold?? Dont go there oga, it is a topic for further discussions.

#7---If china keep filling our market with their goods...what happens to our own local industry Currency deal is not trade deal sir! the trade policy has not change. The quest to industralised the economy has not change. We have been importing from china and we will still continue to the point where we are self sufficient. Investment in production and infrastructural capacities in exchange for raw materials and mineral resource is at the fore front of this economic relationship between China and Nigeria as opposed to 'Developing our underdevelopment' approach of the west. IMF conditionalities, has never help any economy except the funders. Ask Greece.

#8--China Yuan is one of the unstable currency of d world! Hmmm, What make one of the most unstable? It is still stable than naira oh bros.

Am done wailing, sm1 shld hand me tissue paper to clean up......God jst keep using dis nation to show isrealites that 40yrs in d wilderness is a generous punishment
. Please see the big picture sir.
Re: Nigeria – China Currency Deal – The Biggest Winners And Losers by ednut1(m): 5:54pm On Apr 19, 2016
we need a leader like mao zedong. f**k democracy
Re: Nigeria – China Currency Deal – The Biggest Winners And Losers by BekeeBuAgbara: 5:55pm On Apr 19, 2016
Can Nigerians get Yuan at official exchange rate? Unlike dollar.
Re: Nigeria – China Currency Deal – The Biggest Winners And Losers by Nobody: 6:04pm On Apr 19, 2016
elmisti:
Very very clumsy write up filled with assumptions and fallacious elements!.....before u brand me a wailer....Nope am not a full time wailer but Nigeria-china..I will wail!

#1--Yuan is nowhere near the dollar and should never b compared to it...d distance is jst too far!

#2--Nigeria major export which is oil still sell with dollar

#3--No ntion can run away from dollar, even russia reserve is in dollars!

#4---why is Dangote getting his loan in dollars and not Yuan

#5--70% of import from china is jst a number, u mean spoons, ceramics, fake electronics nd co Our exchange of oil with netherlands beat the price of our exchange with china in a year!

#6--Even if they try to twist their way out of dollar, what of gold??

#7---If china keep filling our market with their goods...what happens to our own local industry

#8--China Yuan is one of the unstable currency of d world!

Am done wailing, sm1 shld hand me tissue paper to clean up......God jst keep using dis nation to show isrealites that 40yrs in d wilderness is a generous punishment
Re: Nigeria – China Currency Deal – The Biggest Winners And Losers by tushburg(m): 6:05pm On Apr 19, 2016
Dollyak:
This deal was driven by rising wages in China, and the need to reduce their exposure to increasingly protectionist western markets as the Chinese transition to high value manufacturing, and automation erodes their cost advantage. Anyways, once the haircuts ( grin) are taken, it would be interesting to know how much of the said $6 billion actually goes into the required work and how much ends up in the BVI.
In any case, it is in Chinese interests to get a firm foothold in Nigeria's emerging market before it gets too crowded.

The unbalance of trade problem is definitely real with this deal.
Please re-phrase in a more simpler term
Re: Nigeria – China Currency Deal – The Biggest Winners And Losers by robinsoncrosoe: 6:09pm On Apr 19, 2016
Abugab:

Doubting Thomases
Una no go tire?
Do you even believe in your existence?
being a nigerian has thought me never to believe until I see

I blived APC when they were making all those promoses.look where we are nw
Re: Nigeria – China Currency Deal – The Biggest Winners And Losers by Misterdhee1(m): 6:16pm On Apr 19, 2016
Very very positive Development, but what happens to the local Manufacturers? Win, lose situation.. Win in the sense that, importation of raw materials that can't be sourced locally, can be cheaply imported from China..Loss, in the sense that, "Made in China Goods "will crowd our market space, and will be relatively cheap and might force many local goods to extinction. Interesting Scenario

1 Like

Re: Nigeria – China Currency Deal – The Biggest Winners And Losers by Nobody: 6:16pm On Apr 19, 2016
kajoula:

[size=18pt]You be Fulani ni ?[/size]

pure delta boy. roger that?
Re: Nigeria – China Currency Deal – The Biggest Winners And Losers by elmisti(m): 6:17pm On Apr 19, 2016
ojuolu:
. Please see the big picture sir.

Nice one, but for d sake of gaining smtn...pls dnt see me as a pdp or ipod yoot ( no offence to them )...am jst a concerned citizen nd I blv I knw more dan a lil abt political economics....let's jst talk like matured men who want d betterment of d nation!

#1- is settled

#2--logical but how practical ( d law of demand n supply set in too)...d more d demand for Yuan

#3-- is settled

#4--we av to agree it is the healthiest

#5--most tinz china sell to us can be produced locally

#6--hahaha....mke we leave am

#7---ease of trade makes importn simpler na, I see chinese cars making dier debut soon

#8--ah!...dey can devalue dier currency anyhw..alll dey need is a push from d pentagon

1 Like

Re: Nigeria – China Currency Deal – The Biggest Winners And Losers by rigarmortis: 6:46pm On Apr 19, 2016
OK I know some people will say I'm negative but its really not true here. I'm being serious.

people are now seeing China as the new saviour in place of the west who are devils disguised as helpers. this may not be far from the truth. but its erroneous to see China as wanting to come and help Nigeria. they are investors, period, and investors exploit negotiations to their benefit.

coupled with the fact that Nigeria does not pursue investment deals, we just want immediate gains.

for example what's the local content in the infrastructure development deal? let's say China wants to build rail from Lagos to kano for us, you will see that all the major workers and engineers will be from China that's if another rail is to be built then we have yo call them again. China and Japan and Taiwan on the other hand insist on local content. in about five years time they are fully local. same way India developed her manufacturing industry ie tata trucks and co. right now some models of rovers are actually made in India. Japan used German technology mainly but see where they are now.

if this is not done the Chinese benefit mainly cos we provide them with jobs and foreign exchange. coupled with the fact that we import mainly from them and export virtually nothing making the trade one sided, it might lead to weaker naira against the dollar.

this move could be the smartest or the biggest blunder depending on the details and how its handled.
Re: Nigeria – China Currency Deal – The Biggest Winners And Losers by GudluckIBB(m): 6:53pm On Apr 19, 2016
Dollyak:
This deal was driven by rising wages in China, and the need to reduce their exposure to increasingly protectionist western markets as the Chinese transition to high value manufacturing, and automation erodes their cost advantage. Anyways, once the haircuts ( grin) are taken, it would be interesting to know how much of the said $6 billion actually goes into the required work and how much ends up in the BVI.
In any case, it is in Chinese interests to get a firm foothold in Nigeria's emerging market before it gets too crowded.

The unbalance of trade problem is definitely real with this deal.

You are very intelligent. This shud be the best comment I have read in recent time
Well done! I just sent a pm.kindly reply.
Re: Nigeria – China Currency Deal – The Biggest Winners And Losers by Ebiezprada(m): 6:56pm On Apr 19, 2016
Many of our local manufacturers will also be on the losing side.........
Re: Nigeria – China Currency Deal – The Biggest Winners And Losers by Joel3(m): 6:57pm On Apr 19, 2016
how did this sh t get to the front page. this poster just posted crap and misinform the people. the deal swap is nothing but shit.

below is what will educate the citizens

Advantage & Disadvantage Of Nigeria And
China Deal

if you ask me, the only advantage is temporary and divert the existing problem.

Advantage of Nigeria & China Deal

1, to reduce temporary pressure on the dollar

2, cheaper import of Chinese goods & service

3. using Nigeria as a contact point or business hub to other west Africa country

4. short team infrastructure to ease suffering

5. the naira will now be accepted by some
Chinese

6. opening of Chinese and Nigeria trade.

Disadvantage of Nigeria & China Deal

1, it discourage local product since its cheaper to import

2. it will increase importation as never before, and most especially this critical time oil is worthless

3. it contradict the slogan of Diversifying Nigeria economy

4. we have little to export to China compared with our import from China

5. the profit margin scale is not balance Nigeria is on the losing end.

6. the long team is disastrous to our economy

7. Chinese yuan is not worthy to bank on inflation will kill our reserve.

8. Chinese will start taking over our jobs and owning a store and storehouses. like it happens in Zimbabwe

9. on the long run there will be scarcity of the yuan just like dollar today.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria – China Currency Deal – The Biggest Winners And Losers by Sant1m: 6:59pm On Apr 19, 2016
ofesko121:
i so much believe in buhari even with the harsh economic situation. i cant just explain the love for this man
Like me, i just feel that if PMB fails then it will take another generation to help us. Great leader don't always fall on the category of Mr Nice Guy, or Mr Smart or handsome guy. I just love him

1 Like

Re: Nigeria – China Currency Deal – The Biggest Winners And Losers by tempest01(m): 7:09pm On Apr 19, 2016
justmenoni:
oga curse me..who ur cure don epp..u dey curse u never balance yet u dey blame ur village peole..oga reason ur life ooo and free mine..

Fool
Re: Nigeria – China Currency Deal – The Biggest Winners And Losers by babajay69: 7:19pm On Apr 19, 2016
Drclassic:
I pray this will boost our country

We all hope so
Re: Nigeria – China Currency Deal – The Biggest Winners And Losers by olajigaolamide: 7:21pm On Apr 19, 2016
I am student from ukraine and i do make bank transaction using the GT Bank naira master card , please will this deal affect bank foreign transaction?
Re: Nigeria – China Currency Deal – The Biggest Winners And Losers by Nobody: 7:22pm On Apr 19, 2016
Now i can skul in china @ low cost
Re: Nigeria – China Currency Deal – The Biggest Winners And Losers by olajigaolamide: 7:27pm On Apr 19, 2016
Sant1m:
Like me, i just feel that if PMB fails then it will take another generation to help us. Great leader don't always fall on the category of Mr Nice Guy, or Mr Smart or handsome guy. I just love him
I am a staunch support of buhari despite all this economical problems
Re: Nigeria – China Currency Deal – The Biggest Winners And Losers by sage2(m): 7:38pm On Apr 19, 2016
Princeizuu:
Nigeria – China Currency Deal
The major advantage is that if an importer is to buy a good from China worth 6467 Yuan. He will first need to change his naira to dollar. (N320,000=$1,000 ) then change the $1,000 dollars to Yuan which is 6467.00 . But if he decides to change to Naira directly then 1 Yuan is N30.80 naira x 6467 = 199,209.24 .

In the first Calculation he will be spending 320,000 – 199,204.24 = 120,796. In the first process , the importer will lose 120,796 just because of the currency conversion. But with this new deal importers will have a lot to save and we should also expect a reduction in the price of goods exported from China

The question is when the importers turn their focus to the Yuan, do you have enough Yuan reserve to serve them?
Re: Nigeria – China Currency Deal – The Biggest Winners And Losers by cirmuell(m): 7:45pm On Apr 19, 2016
ichidodo:
Shibobo..
wetin happen? you lost ur voice?
Re: Nigeria – China Currency Deal – The Biggest Winners And Losers by avoSunkanmi(m): 8:08pm On Apr 19, 2016
broh,you forgot yahoo boys,, dem b dopest losers now
Re: Nigeria – China Currency Deal – The Biggest Winners And Losers by krak101(m): 8:12pm On Apr 19, 2016
mbatuku1:
Nigeria has sold it's soul to China through Mallam Buhari.
do you rather prefer he sell it to IMF(USA)
Re: Nigeria – China Currency Deal – The Biggest Winners And Losers by emi89: 8:21pm On Apr 19, 2016
now I used to do importation business from China company which the prices are given in dollar, so if I am to import how is it going to be like coz am a kind of confused
Re: Nigeria – China Currency Deal – The Biggest Winners And Losers by toluwahala: 8:32pm On Apr 19, 2016
9ja plenty people no get sense! not everybody get chance to chop big money to buy expensive in/from us, Europe, the majority of poor people benefit from china products. ok, if you still argue, nobody stop you buying us/European made products. why distorch all the facts? you really use the thing sit upon your shoulder?
Re: Nigeria – China Currency Deal – The Biggest Winners And Losers by prejulsuc(f): 8:38pm On Apr 19, 2016
Drclassic:
I pray this will boost our country
pls when is this development commencing. I cannot wait.
Re: Nigeria – China Currency Deal – The Biggest Winners And Losers by laptopsale(m): 8:49pm On Apr 19, 2016
elmisti:

#1--Yuan is nowhere near the dollar and should never b compared to it...d distance is jst too far!

#5--70% of import from china is jst a number, u mean spoons, ceramics, fake electronics nd co Our exchange of oil with netherlands beat the price of our exchange with china in a year!

#7---If china keep filling our market with their goods...what happens to our own local industry

Well said
Re: Nigeria – China Currency Deal – The Biggest Winners And Losers by omobaekiti: 9:04pm On Apr 19, 2016
elmisti:

I should have educated you on the matter as I see your education on the matter is sadly lacking but you confessed that you are wailing,which translate to mean you would not be intellectually honest," intellectual honesty is characterized by your readiness to scrutinize what you believe and listen to other evidence available" but in your wailing mode I don't think that is possible. So I will save my time by not wasting it on you.
Re: Nigeria – China Currency Deal – The Biggest Winners And Losers by elmisti(m): 9:13pm On Apr 19, 2016
omobaekiti:

I should have educated you on the matter as I see your education on the matter is sadly lacking but you confessed that you are wailing,which translate to mean you would not be intellectually honest," intellectual honesty is characterized by your readiness to scrutinize what you believe and listen to other evidence available" but in your wailing mode I don't think that is possible. So I will save my time by not wasting it on you.

If dere is anytn u think I. M nt seein right, point it out nd bck it up wit facts.....

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Jonathan Refutes MURIC's Allegation Of Jewish Symbol On N100 Note / Drop Your Bussiness Profession Here And Get A Call From Any Nairalanders / CBN Blocks Money Transfers Into The Country From Most Operators

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.