Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,965 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:46 AM

EFCC Makes Ekweremadu Anti- Corruption Ambassador - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / EFCC Makes Ekweremadu Anti- Corruption Ambassador (32023 Views)

EFCC Makes More Discoveries In PDP 2015 Campaign Funding / EFCC To Deal With Staff Who Decorated Ekweremadu ‘anti-corruption Ambassador' / EFCC Disowns Ekweremadu As Anti-corruption Ambassador (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

EFCC Makes Ekweremadu Anti- Corruption Ambassador by Nobody: 7:26pm On Apr 19, 2016
ABUJA- DEPUTY President of the Senate, Senator Ike Ekweremadu said yesterday that if war against corruption must be achieved in all its ramifications, there was the urgent need for the establishment of Special Anti- Corruption Courts. Senator Ekweremadu who noted that the setting up of such courts would help reduce the burden on regular courts and fast-track trial of corruption cases, spoke Tuesday when he was decorated anti- corruption ambassador by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC.

According to him, setting up Special Courts was one of the surest ways to help in the fight against corruption, as that would also help ensure speedy adjudication of corruption cases. He was decorated Tuesday in his office by a team of EFCC led by the National Assembly Liaison Officer, Suleiman Bakari Ekweremadu said, “I have been an advocate of special courts for the trial of corruption cases and I believe that other countries, who have enacted laws establishing such, are not fools because there are benefits to be derived therefrom. The idea is to expedite trial to make sure that those who are involved in corruption matters will have their day in court. “When we have special courts, just as we have the National Industrial Court, such courts will do better than they are doing now. The establishment of special courts is not just something that will be done by an Act of the National Assembly. We have to amend the constitution to bring it about under section 6, for the purpose of trying corruption cases. While advocating for value reorientation of Nigerians at all levels, with a view to returning to values of the good old days, the Deputy President of the Senate also cautioned the EFCC to ensure that in fighting corruption, it must respect the rule of law and ensure that the provisions of the constitution regarding fair hearing and treatment of an accused are also respected. While thanking the EFCC for decorating him as an Anti-Corruption Ambassador, Senator Ekweremadu assured he would live up to the trust reposed in him, adding that the National Assembly would do everything within its powers to ensure that the Bills before it, aimed at strengthening the fight against corruption, got speedy attention. Earlier, leader of the EFCC delegation, Suleiman Bakari, appealed to the National Assembly to ensure adequate funding for the agency and advocated speedy passage of all the anti-corruption Bills before it. In decorating Ekweremadu as an Anti-Corruption Ambassador, Bakari stressed: “It is therefore my Your Excellency, to on behalf of my Acting chairman, Mr. Ibrahim Mustafa Magu and the entire management and staff of the EFCC, decorate you as an Anti-Corruption Ambassador and formally present this frame, as a token of our appreciation to your person and office, and as a symbol of institutional partnership between the EFCC and the National Assembly.”

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/04/efcc-names-ekweremadu-anti-corruption-ambassador-calls-special-courts/

17 Likes

Re: EFCC Makes Ekweremadu Anti- Corruption Ambassador by fashoo2010(m): 7:28pm On Apr 19, 2016
What a country

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: EFCC Makes Ekweremadu Anti- Corruption Ambassador by SUPOL(m): 7:33pm On Apr 19, 2016
Good one

14 Likes

Re: EFCC Makes Ekweremadu Anti- Corruption Ambassador by dukie25: 7:36pm On Apr 19, 2016
Senator Ekweremadu who noted that the setting up of such courts would help reduce the burden on regular courts and fast-track trial of corruption cases, spoke Tuesday when he was decorated anti- corruption ambassador by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC.

There you go, the real anti corruption ambassadors are in PDP.
The corrupt PDP members have all congregated in a new party called APC.

Keep the awards coming.

179 Likes 14 Shares

Re: EFCC Makes Ekweremadu Anti- Corruption Ambassador by demolinka(m): 7:39pm On Apr 19, 2016
The name 'ekweremadu' is franko-turkish Swahili for corruption! Wetin dey worry EFCC?

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: EFCC Makes Ekweremadu Anti- Corruption Ambassador by belente(m): 7:40pm On Apr 19, 2016
Ikeoha

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: EFCC Makes Ekweremadu Anti- Corruption Ambassador by dukie25: 7:43pm On Apr 19, 2016
demolinka:
The name 'ekweremadu' is franko-turkish Swahili for corruption! Wetin dey worry EFCC?

How is Ekweremandu corrupt?
How can a party that boast Amaechi, Tinubu, Atiku and Obasanjo say they're fighting corruption?

158 Likes 19 Shares

Re: EFCC Makes Ekweremadu Anti- Corruption Ambassador by richol(m): 7:44pm On Apr 19, 2016
Is there no man clean enough to be?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: EFCC Makes Ekweremadu Anti- Corruption Ambassador by KissCODE(m): 7:48pm On Apr 19, 2016
Nigeria is full of comedy show.
Which one is anti corruption ambassador? Everything in Nigeria now has ambassador. Funny country.

Anyway i congratulate Ikeoha and all PDP members plus the Wailers for having one of us as the most clean politician in Nigeria. Because with this thing it shows that Ikeoha is cleaner than even GMB who is poor but have rich daughters that fly first class.

PDP is far more cleaner than APC, lets forget about all the witch hunting...

Congrats Ikeoha Ndigbo... Ekweremadu

100 Likes 7 Shares

Re: EFCC Makes Ekweremadu Anti- Corruption Ambassador by demolinka(m): 7:51pm On Apr 19, 2016
dukie25:

How is Ekweremandu corrupt?
How can a party that boast Amaechi, Tinubu, Atiku and Obasanjo say they're fighting corruption?
Ah, sorry. I forget the PDP is made up of saints.

7 Likes

Re: EFCC Makes Ekweremadu Anti- Corruption Ambassador by Nobody: 7:55pm On Apr 19, 2016
But where is lalasticlala sef

1 Like

Re: EFCC Makes Ekweremadu Anti- Corruption Ambassador by chigoizie7(m): 7:56pm On Apr 19, 2016
In that case, case closed, since he is now an anti-corruption ambassador, does it mean he is clean? If EFCC thinks he is, who am I to say otherwise, and saraki handed over to him for the main time, na im be say the man leg over strong as the presiding senate president and will remain to be so, make I see who go comot am for that seat.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: EFCC Makes Ekweremadu Anti- Corruption Ambassador by AyakaDunukofia: 7:56pm On Apr 19, 2016
Wao! Tumbling and rumbling in the zoo.

Of late, Ikeoha has been in my good books for his assertiveness and outspokeness

Another Chuba Okadigbo is the making in the person of Ikeoha.

Ndigbo needs a solid personalty now and Ike is here to fill the void

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: EFCC Makes Ekweremadu Anti- Corruption Ambassador by dukie25: 7:58pm On Apr 19, 2016
demolinka:

Ah, sorry. I forget the PDP is made up of saints.
I was only asking a question, you can ask me same question.
For example I'd be able to explain how Tinubu and fashola constructed a bridge and used Tinubu's company to toll Lagosians. How Tinubu's front company collects revenue for Lagos state govt etc.

35 Likes 3 Shares

Re: EFCC Makes Ekweremadu Anti- Corruption Ambassador by LadyExcellency: 7:59pm On Apr 19, 2016
Where is my sister, Obiagelli? Who knows her mobile number should help.

@topic
What significance is this portfolio and what do Nigerians make of it?

In the voice of Simba the Lion King. Hel---p! ...... Some-bo-dy! ....... Any-bo-dy!

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: EFCC Makes Ekweremadu Anti- Corruption Ambassador by Nobody: 8:03pm On Apr 19, 2016
good development.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: EFCC Makes Ekweremadu Anti- Corruption Ambassador by jaso1(m): 8:09pm On Apr 19, 2016
That appointment is to make him more foolish by the time EFCC will commence investigation on his enormous criminal records. May be by then, his blind followers will know why they are fools.

7 Likes

Re: EFCC Makes Ekweremadu Anti- Corruption Ambassador by youngeagle(m): 8:12pm On Apr 19, 2016
He should be wary of those partisan anti graft agency....coming closer might be an avenue of getting information

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: EFCC Makes Ekweremadu Anti- Corruption Ambassador by youngeagle(m): 8:12pm On Apr 19, 2016
He should be wary of those partisan anti graft agency....coming closer might be an avenue of getting information to nail him.

3 Likes

Re: EFCC Makes Ekweremadu Anti- Corruption Ambassador by lafex: 8:13pm On Apr 19, 2016
Anti corruption my foot
All the NASS members are big time thief

1 Like

Re: EFCC Makes Ekweremadu Anti- Corruption Ambassador by omenka(m): 8:20pm On Apr 19, 2016
You gotta be kidding me.

Wtf??!!

Has Magu lost some bolts or something?? Who sanctioned this??

5 Likes

Re: EFCC Makes Ekweremadu Anti- Corruption Ambassador by LionInZion: 8:26pm On Apr 19, 2016
I hope the same EFCC wont be the one to tag him FACE OF CORRUPTION whenever he has disagreement with the FG. And I hope he himself shun corruption and stays clean, but can't anybody outside politics be given the award? I'm yet to see any of our public office holders who is genuinely anti - corruption.

6 Likes

Re: EFCC Makes Ekweremadu Anti- Corruption Ambassador by Akshow: 8:31pm On Apr 19, 2016
issorait. His kinsman who are notorious for supporting anything corruption have adopted Chibukola saraki.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: EFCC Makes Ekweremadu Anti- Corruption Ambassador by mrsifeoma: 8:31pm On Apr 19, 2016
anti wetin everyone is corrupt

2 Likes

Re: EFCC Makes Ekweremadu Anti- Corruption Ambassador by obailala(m): 8:31pm On Apr 19, 2016
grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: EFCC Makes Ekweremadu Anti- Corruption Ambassador by Akiika: 8:32pm On Apr 19, 2016
Oh God! it keeps getting weirder!

3 Likes

Re: EFCC Makes Ekweremadu Anti- Corruption Ambassador by ndcide(m): 8:32pm On Apr 19, 2016
richol:
Is there no man clean enough to be?
What do you mean please.
Re: EFCC Makes Ekweremadu Anti- Corruption Ambassador by Goddex: 8:32pm On Apr 19, 2016
[size=18pt]Tinubu is the EFCC Anti-Corruptiin Ambassador.
EFCC made a mistake . . . . . . . . hehehe
[/size]

8 Likes

Re: EFCC Makes Ekweremadu Anti- Corruption Ambassador by jlinkd78(m): 8:33pm On Apr 19, 2016
omenka:
You gotta be kidding me.

Wtf??!!

Has Magu lost some bolts or something?? Who sanctioned this??
As usual Ur insomnia starts all over again tonight considering your pathological hatred for d 5% though in this case as Ikeoha is both Ipob and Pdp ; suicide might be a better and faster option to handle d shame DAT has soon befallen Ur zombie clan.

34 Likes 8 Shares

Re: EFCC Makes Ekweremadu Anti- Corruption Ambassador by bangiskings: 8:33pm On Apr 19, 2016
Allah magu is high on black bullet

1 Like

Re: EFCC Makes Ekweremadu Anti- Corruption Ambassador by MONITZ: 8:34pm On Apr 19, 2016
Giving a piece of fish to the cat to keep, nice one.

1 Like

Re: EFCC Makes Ekweremadu Anti- Corruption Ambassador by gebest: 8:34pm On Apr 19, 2016
Since Ike Ekweremadu is made Anti-Corruption Ambassador, they should not forget to also make DASUKI Anti-Corruption Ambassador too.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Osun Governorship: Supreme Court Names Five-man Panel, Fixes Date For Hearing / ABU Zaria Students Receive President Buhari (Photos) / Some Senators Who Defected Have Returned To APC – Ita Enang

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.