Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,326 members, 7,811,965 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:39 AM

We Yorubas Accept The Grazing Bill And Want The Fg To Use Southwest As Grazing G - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We Yorubas Accept The Grazing Bill And Want The Fg To Use Southwest As Grazing G (4224 Views)

The Kind Of Developers We Yorubas Want In The SW - Labenese Edition / Real Reason Why We Yorubas Hate Goodluck Jonathan. / Why We Must All Support The Grazing Bill For The Fulani's (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: We Yorubas Accept The Grazing Bill And Want The Fg To Use Southwest As Grazing G by ki02020(m): 10:47am On Apr 20, 2016
babs01:

Go and report to ICC

Report cows to ICC that will amount to foolishness tongue
Re: We Yorubas Accept The Grazing Bill And Want The Fg To Use Southwest As Grazing G by Chazzyboy: 10:49am On Apr 20, 2016
babs01:

lol not only 5 people but entire fulani race. when uncountable number of your people has been massacred u ar here jubilanting on fake 5 people
Bro stop
Re: We Yorubas Accept The Grazing Bill And Want The Fg To Use Southwest As Grazing G by ElCount: 10:52am On Apr 20, 2016
BudeYahooCom:

Yoruba muslims will be the biggest threat to Yoruba heritage in time to come. Just wait and see.
Its funny because Nnamdi Kanu said it long time ago, most of the things that guy said seem to be coming to fruition. The whole thing is getting interesting
Re: We Yorubas Accept The Grazing Bill And Want The Fg To Use Southwest As Grazing G by babs01(m): 11:04am On Apr 20, 2016
mightyhazel:
that one is not off the table,...but I'd prefer 2 take measures first 2 ensure u don't bring ur nuisance 2 ma place in the first place.how did ffk describe u guys again?
As if u can even do anything
Re: We Yorubas Accept The Grazing Bill And Want The Fg To Use Southwest As Grazing G by mightyhazel: 11:08am On Apr 20, 2016
babs01:

As if u can even do anything
really?

Abokiii ,wot makes u tink I can't do anitin?

1 Like

Re: We Yorubas Accept The Grazing Bill And Want The Fg To Use Southwest As Grazing G by babs01(m): 11:11am On Apr 20, 2016
mightyhazel:
really?

Abokiii ,wot makes u tink I can't do anitin?
because I know your tribe
Re: We Yorubas Accept The Grazing Bill And Want The Fg To Use Southwest As Grazing G by chigoizie7(m): 11:17am On Apr 20, 2016
callmelanner:
To me, it is a welcome development. Although I understand the plight of those agitating for the removal of the bill. But let's look at it from another perspective...

What perspective if I may ask?

That my land will be given to someone free to feeds it's cows? After feeding the cows, will he give me meat for free? Or will he dash me milk?

In Nigeria, if u want to do business, u have to acquire some of the basics, land is one of them.

If I want to go into commercial agriculture in the north, will they give me their land for free?

If I want to build a factory in the north, will they give me lands for free?

If I want to build a residential or commercial houses, will lands be dashed to me?

Why will it be different now? When a fulani herdsmen wants to graze anywhere in naija, let them pay for it, after all, it is their business they are growing and nurturing.

It would have been a different ball game if the govt asked the entire nation to be free to "SELL" or "RENT" lands to those herders to build their ranch for their animals.

And not allowing those animals destroying other people's farms.

What is good for the goose is also good for the gander. Do unto others as u wish them do unto u.

1 Like

Re: We Yorubas Accept The Grazing Bill And Want The Fg To Use Southwest As Grazing G by mightyhazel: 11:35am On Apr 20, 2016
babs01:

because I know your tribe
don't be silly abokii!
U knw dat is a dumb answer to my question

1 Like

Re: We Yorubas Accept The Grazing Bill And Want The Fg To Use Southwest As Grazing G by callmelanner(m): 12:09pm On Apr 20, 2016
chigoizie7:

What perspective if I may ask?

That my land will be given to someone free to feeds it's cows? After feeding the cows, will he give me meat for free? Or will he dash me milk?

In Nigeria, if u want to do business, u have to acquire some of the basics, land is one of them.

If I want to go into commercial agriculture in the north, will they give me their land for free?

If I want to build a factory in the north, will they give me lands for free?

If I want to build a residential or commercial houses, will lands be dashed to me?

Why will it be different now? When a fulani herdsmen wants to graze anywhere in naija, let them pay for it, after all, it is their business they are growing and nurturing.

It would have been a different ball game if the govt asked the entire nation to be free to "SELL" or "RENT" lands to those herders to build their ranch for their animals.

And not allowing those animals destroying other people's farms.

What is good for the goose is also good for the gander. Do unto others as u wish them do unto u.
If it was the other way round, would they be castigated like this?
Although am not in support of the incessant killings & frivolous activities but I think the law will reduce their terror attack drastically if an agency is put in place to oversee their activities...
Re: We Yorubas Accept The Grazing Bill And Want The Fg To Use Southwest As Grazing G by chigoizie7(m): 12:29pm On Apr 20, 2016
callmelanner:

If it was the other way round, would they be castigated like this?
Although am not in support of the incessant killings & frivolous activities but I think the law will reduce their terror attack drastically if an agency is put in place to oversee their activities...

What other way round?

It is not attainable anywhere.

How could u not see where I even supported them buying lands or renting to build a ranch for their cattles? For crying out loud, that is the easiest and commonest thing to do.

I will not support d FG trying to force an hausa man to dash his lands to another Nigerian for farming without any form of payments. That is pure cheating.

Even without relevant authorities or task force by FG or state govt to curtail either cattle rustling or these killings. Getting a ranch will be a very good security measure.

I don't see when u have a ranch and all your cattles are inside it, and all the herders around to guard their cows and a rustler will come to steal it, even if someone tries to steal their cow, and they catch the person which will be easier, they should do anything they want to that person and not taking their killings to the entire community and den disappear afterwards without the police being able to trace them.

If they have a ranch, the people of the community will where the ranch is located + the landlord of the ranch either rented or bought, will be able to identify it's tenant, they will know that it is only herds man "A" that occupies this area of land, so if any farmer sees any cattle foot on his farm, they will easily confront the herders as he is the only one that has a cattle ranch around, and even if it wasn't his own cattles that did the damage, he will be able to locate other herders and warn them for peaceful co-existence with his host community and such things won't happen again.

I am in support of "SELLING " or RENTING" lands to herders and not FG's compulsory allocation of someone's property to another person to do business and afterwards the original owner will pay for the proceeds form his land. It is pure cheating.

I even think we are in a "perfect market" system. Competitions are allowed. Earn it.
Re: We Yorubas Accept The Grazing Bill And Want The Fg To Use Southwest As Grazing G by Nobody: 12:31pm On Apr 20, 2016
fistonati:
Something bad is wrong with whoever post this thread. You mean the useless bloodsucking heardmens should be allowed to graze on another man's land and give them freedom to continue their destructive acts?
In terms of grazing, Nigeria is just 26% of what Argentina grazes yet there hasn't been crisis despite Argentina not as big as Nigeria.
Education is the Headmen's problem not freedom to Invade

argentina is almost 3 times bigger than Nigeria

the total area for argentina is 2,780,400 sq km

while Nigeria is 923,768 sq km

stop displaying your ignorance
Re: We Yorubas Accept The Grazing Bill And Want The Fg To Use Southwest As Grazing G by christopher123(m): 12:40pm On Apr 20, 2016
LOL.......

HAHAHAHAHAHHA

Yoruba are some set of people.... very funny post
Well they can give out their lands
We cant give out ours...We have better things to do with our land in Igbo
Re: We Yorubas Accept The Grazing Bill And Want The Fg To Use Southwest As Grazing G by babadee1(m): 12:46pm On Apr 20, 2016
Yorubas were the first to speak out against this grazing bill. Also, Governor Mimiko of Ondo state is probably the most prominent public voice agitating against the adoption of the bill. I don't know what this cretinous OP is trying to prove but he or she is ignoring reality and common sense by suggesting that Yorubas are for the bill. No one individual can ever be authorized to speak on behalf of the entire Yoruba tribe. We are too big for all that self-aggrandizing nonsense.
Re: We Yorubas Accept The Grazing Bill And Want The Fg To Use Southwest As Grazing G by bennyg7: 4:08pm On Apr 20, 2016
Those that are talking about plans by FG to establish ranches for cattle rearer/Fulani herdsmen have missed the point. One thing we should know is that, there is subsisting laws about grazing reserves in Nigeria.
For instance, there are existing grazing reserves in selected states of the Federation before now such Kogi ( Ajaokuta, kabba and Idah) to cater for herdsmen in Northcentral.
Likewise, these grazing reserves, though now abadoned are dotted virtually in all geo-political zones, ostensibly to avert bloodletting ocassioned by frequent clash between farmers and fulani herdsmen.
While those expressing fears about resuscitating these reserves have genuine reasons for their sentiment due to violent dispostion of some bad elements among the fulanis, it is important to note that availabilty of these grazing reserves could serve as panacea in addressing the problem of perrenial clashes between farmers and fulanis.
To this end, i strongly believe that if the existing grazing reserves are re-opened, it ll go along way to de-escalate the rising tension in this regard.
Re: We Yorubas Accept The Grazing Bill And Want The Fg To Use Southwest As Grazing G by merry02(m): 8:32am On Apr 21, 2016
madenigga:

U re not a yoruba u re an ipob
what make me an Igbo? U need brain test

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Photoshop-picture Of President Buhari At Jumat Service In Aso Rock Today Is Fake / Asari Dokubo Advices Biafrans Against Reprisal Attack / Oshiomole Lists Conditions To Accept Senator Akpabio Into APC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.