Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,098 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:44 AM

How To Send Money To US? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How To Send Money To US? (6954 Views)

Nigeria Can Now Send Money Out Via Western Union / Bank Accounts And People You Don't Wanna Send Money To - Part 1 / The Best Way To Send Money From Nigeria To The Uk (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Send Money To US? by platinumnk(f): 7:45pm On Aug 05, 2009
Hey my friends wants to send me money so I can purchase things for her.

How can she do this?

Thanks
Re: How To Send Money To US? by Nobody: 7:47pm On Aug 05, 2009
tell her to place the money in an envelope, send it via NIPOST. If you get the letter then you're lucky but if not try again.
Re: How To Send Money To US? by platinumnk(f): 7:49pm On Aug 05, 2009
davidylan:

tell her to place the money in an envelope, send it via NIPOST. If you get the letter then you're lucky but if not try again.

come on man, be serious tongue
Re: How To Send Money To US? by Nobody: 7:50pm On Aug 05, 2009
platinumnk:

come on man, be serious tongue

you think i'm joking? shocked
Re: How To Send Money To US? by Nobody: 7:52pm On Aug 05, 2009
lol ok does your friend have an account at GTB? they run something called a domicilliary account through which you can send money from Nigeria to the US. That is the only way i know. Maybe someone else has a better idea.
Re: How To Send Money To US? by platinumnk(f): 7:58pm On Aug 05, 2009
davidylan:

lol ok does your friend have an account at GTB? they run something called a domicilliary account through which you can send money from Nigeria to the US. That is the only way i know. Maybe someone else has a better idea.

Thats what i thought too.

Thanks smiley
Re: How To Send Money To US? by samuel4luv(m): 1:29pm On Aug 10, 2009
hi my name is tunde
how can i send money to U.S am banking with U.B.A BANK
Re: How To Send Money To US? by Kafin(m): 1:54pm On Aug 11, 2009
A big factor is how the money will be received in the US.

If you want cash, let me know your state/city so we can decide if it is possible. It is also possible to pay into your online account or pay you via Western Union (but you will have to absorb the cost of transfer).

The current cash transfer is NGN175 to USD1.

Let me know if you are intrested. You can also email me at kafinkata@yahoo.com
Re: How To Send Money To US? by maballack(m): 7:54pm On Aug 16, 2009
Its easy let her get the dollars(most preferably from her dormiciliary account) provided u hve given her ur full bank details and ask for a funds transfer slip fill in all the necessary details and in a space of i think an hour its transfered bt due to time zones if she does it in the morning in nigeria when u wake up over there and go to your bank its already been creditted, its so easy,
Re: How To Send Money To US? by tonywonder(m): 3:50pm On Aug 20, 2009
I send money abroad by sending western union in Benin republic.
Re: How To Send Money To US? by KunleA2(m): 1:38pm On Aug 22, 2009
tonywonder:

And no problem?
Re: How To Send Money To US? by kshow1(m): 10:56pm On Aug 22, 2009
tonywonder:

yeah, because of Nigerians bad reputation western Union does not allow pay-out from the country.
Re: How To Send Money To US? by Eagle1(m): 4:35pm On Aug 24, 2009
@poster

Does the recipient have an account in the US or has access to an account. Buy from mallam, open a dorm account with any bank and wire from ur dorm account. With the New Gen banks, it should hit your friends account within hrs. With First Bank, its 5 days
Re: How To Send Money To US? by tonywonder(m): 8:41pm On Aug 24, 2009
Yes no problem. Even for the form, na Nigeria dem go fill for me as senders country and na Ecobank for cotonou i dey use.
Re: How To Send Money To US? by KunleA2(m): 10:33pm On Aug 24, 2009
tonywonder:

Yes no problem. Even for the form, na Nigeria dem go fill for me as senders country and na Ecobank for cotonou i dey use.

Any amt limit? Do you know? How long does it take to get to the US.
Re: How To Send Money To US? by Eagle1(m): 8:07am On Aug 25, 2009
Kunle-A:

Any amt limit? Do you know? How long does it take to get to the US.

For WU, I don't know. For normal banking wire from ur dorm ac., max allowed is $10k per transaction/day. But when ur ac has dollar in-flow, there is no limit.

For institutions like GTB, FCMB, etc, international transfers hit ur acc within hrs but First Bank is 5days
Re: How To Send Money To US? by IFELEKE(m): 8:56am On Aug 25, 2009
davidylan:

Yeah plat, ask your friend if he/she has an account with GTBank, if yes then he/she can send the money to you through dollar domiciliary account and you'll get it in less than 24hours.
Re: How To Send Money To US? by alanbolo(m): 10:50pm On Aug 25, 2009
@ Ifeleke,

Less than 24hrs,   while not doubting it, then let me have the details of receiving in less than 24hrs,    the best time I have received so far this years is 48hrs,   through ETB and GTB,    but if u have a better means,    jon jasin  me oh.
Re: How To Send Money To US? by KunleA2(m): 11:46pm On Aug 25, 2009
alanbolo:

@ Ifeleke,

Less than 24hrs,   while not doubting it, then let me have the details of receiving in less than 24hrs,    the best time I have received so far this years is 48hrs,   through ETB and GTB,    but if u have a better means,    jon jasin  me oh.

The issue of how soon u get it might also have to do with ur bank in the US. If you happen to bank with an institution that has a relationship/correspondence with GTB or its affliates and they happen to be on the same network, it will be quicker otherwise the pass-pass from bank-bank will be longer. 48hrs is not bad at all. How about 5days for older gen banks? undecided

Take what u can get. Get in where u fit in. wink
Re: How To Send Money To US? by mamagee6(f): 12:50am On Aug 26, 2009
Send it through Western Union.
Re: How To Send Money To US? by KunleA2(m): 12:53am On Aug 26, 2009
,mama-gee:

Send it through Western Union.

Not from Naija though
Re: How To Send Money To US? by alanbolo(m): 4:06pm On Aug 26, 2009
Kunle-A:

Take what u can get. Get in where u fit in.  wink

I hear U my brother,    BoA  which I use also deducted  25 bucks for International transfer + $12 for every wire transfer,
Re: How To Send Money To US? by Kafin(m): 7:39pm On Aug 26, 2009
alanbolo:

I hear U my brother, BoA which I use also deducted 25 bucks for International transfer + $12 for every wire transfer,

Ouuch!!, my rate still stands at NGN 175 to USD 1
email me if you are intrested: kafinkata@yahoo.com and we can discuss the terms.

I can also take Dollars in US/Canada and pay Naira in Lagos.
Re: How To Send Money To US? by sunboy(m): 1:32pm On Aug 30, 2009
Want to send money to the us? Call me lets talk biz
Re: How To Send Money To US? by KunleA2(m): 5:01pm On Aug 30, 2009
sunboy:

Want to send money to the us? Call me lets talk biz : 08022130341

Personally, i dont see why anyone should be calling you in private to discuss anything. Its plain and simple process of sending $$$$ to the US. Anyone can do it from any bank.

Also, if you cannot post whatever you have to say/what you will do on this forum, you probably have something to hide.
Re: How To Send Money To US? by papagiddy(m): 4:39pm On Aug 31, 2009
just go to GTB. I ve sent money on many occasions to USA and it was received on time easily
Re: How To Send Money To US? by thithi(f): 12:34am On Sep 01, 2009
Anyone with a Dom account with any of the banks in Nigeria can send money to any other part of the world
it is called Wire Transfer and here are the procedure.
1. Change your money into $$ at the black market {wish our govt cld change that, but till we get a govt with brain, we have to patronize the black market.}

2.Get someone with dom account, if you dont have one.
3. Get all the information of the beneficiary in the USA {will advice to go to your bank and inform them you want to get some money from africa, and you need all the info that you need to send to them, such as routing number, account number and all that good stuff} - this is to make sure no mistake at all.
4. Give this info and the money to the bank in Nigeria that you are using for the money transfer.
5. Make sure all info is right.

Within few days or hours, the money will be in the beneficiary accounts and walla, u can start enjoying.

Hope i have been of help.

How i wish we can do western union, but we are not that privi

1 Like

Re: How To Send Money To US? by Moros(m): 2:07pm On Sep 14, 2009
Hello fellow Nairalanders,

My name is Yemi I work with a finance firm that helps people send money to and from china, Dubai and some other countries in Asia and the middle east (some selected ones) our services is very fast and out matches the regular commercial banks in all ways.
Our service also helps reduce the stress of having your money being traced to and fro by whoever. You also do not need to have a domiciliary account to send money using my finance firm.

Thses are just a few of the wonderful services we offer.

Should you need more info please call Yemi on 08038610083 or send me a mail at morolariyemi@gmail.com .

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Regards,
Re: How To Send Money To US? by cessienboy(m): 2:36pm On Sep 16, 2009
Have you tried Graphcard .the are very reliable
No fees for sending western union with them
Re: How To Send Money To US? by ngegy: 11:13am On Sep 17, 2009
Eagle1:

For WU, I don't know. For normal banking wire from your dorm ac., max allowed is $10k per transaction/day. But when your ac has dollar in-flow, there is no limit.

For institutions like GTB, FCMB, etc, international transfers hit your acc within hrs but First Bank is 5days

What do you mean by "when your ac has dollar in-flow". I need to send about 12k from Nigeria and I would like it to be in a single transaction. I thought that the bank will just have to disclose the transaction to the authorities for amounts more than 10k, is this true?
Re: How To Send Money To US? by nduchucks: 12:53am On Sep 19, 2009
make i add small info to de one wey thithi talk for previous post:

i know people wey dey send money to US regularly, but de maximum amount wey you fit send per week without cumbersome paperwork na $10,000. de only ting wey you need na to open domiciliary account for bank.

if you wan send money, just carry dollars go ya bank pay small fee and dem go send de dollars to any account in the US. you go need de swift code and more importantly, de ABA number of de US bank.

You fit buy ya dollar from parallel market (black market) or from people wey get travel visa and $4000 allocation but wey no fit use all of their allocation. you sabi say people wey get travel allocation go give you rate wey close to cbn rate   lipsrsealed

de money go enter the US account within 24 - 48 hours.  e never pass 48 hours ever, if na GTB, First Bank, or Union. i no know about others.
Re: How To Send Money To US? by dellnet: 10:44am On Apr 05, 2011
Please can someone tell me the intermediary bank of GTBank in U.S? Thanks in advance.

(1) (2) (Reply)

What Is A 'teller Number', In The Nigerian Context? / I Will Teach You How I Make Money Online Without Any Capital Passively / Supply Us Waste Pure Water Sachets

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.