Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,260 members, 7,815,417 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:02 PM

Eradicating Mass Unemployment With Realistic Job Creation Strategies - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Eradicating Mass Unemployment With Realistic Job Creation Strategies (3992 Views)

N-power: Fayose Laments Mass Unemployment, Says Its Timebomb For Nation / Aregbesola Launches A Job Creation Center In Osun State(see Photos) / "N-Power" FG Introduces Job Creation Initiative (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Eradicating Mass Unemployment With Realistic Job Creation Strategies by oneolajire(m): 7:31am On Apr 21, 2016
ERADICATING MASS UNEMPLOYMENT WITH REALISTIC JOB CREATION STRATEGIES

July 2008, I began a six months Student Industrial Work Experience Scheme (SIWES), popularly called Industrial Training at the Centre for Energy Research and Development (CERD), -a centre of excellence in nuclear energy research in Nigeria, managed by the Nigeria Nuclear Regulatory Authority- located in the premises of Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife, Osun State. As undergraduates, my colleagues and I had limited access to some equipment in CERD because they were very expensive. One of the most important facility CERD has is the 1.7Mev Tandem Accelerator (a sophisticated facility used in nuclear energy research). As at 2008, the facility costs over one million US Dollars, as there were only two in sub-Saharan Africa, i.e. one in Nigeria and the other in South Africa.

A professor in CERD went to Durham University, UK, for further training on the use of the 1.7 Mev Tandem Accelerator. On his resumption to office, he held a seminar on the knowledge he had gained by demonstrating them on power-point slides. Towards the end of his presentation, he showed us a picture of three people; himself, his instructor and a young lady. He said ''the young lady is an undergraduate of chemistry department of Durham University, who had just concluded the same three months training on the use of the facility with me''. He also said that ''the 1.7Mev Tandem Accelerator is located in the Chemistry Department of Durham University''.

The seminar generated a great deal of turbulence in my brain. I asked myself, can you imagine a UK undergraduate undergoing the same kind of training with a Nigerian University professor? Great and small facilities are located in various departments of higher institutions in developed countries so that students can acquire adequate practical experiences but this is not the case here in Nigeria. So I compared what the quantum of impact the Durham University undergraduate (as well as her classmates) would add to the economy of her country when she eventually graduates with what a graduate of Nigerian tertiary institution adds to the economy of Nigeria. To be factual, the seminar was an eye opener to the problem of unemployment in Nigeria.

Moreover, when considering the extent of self-sufficiency Nigeria has in her health sector, it must be noted that Nigeria keeps doing a great job in the training of qualified doctors, nurses, physiotherapists, and pharmacists. In my opinion, the health sector -a highly skilled sector- in Nigeria is the best sector we have in the economy, because we do not have expatriates managing their field (when compared to the engineering and other skilled sectors). As terrible as the Nigerian unemployment situation is, you don't easily come across unemployed medical doctors.

The self-sufficiency Nigeria has in her health sector is simply due to 'training' and 'institutionalisation' of that noble profession. A medical student gains a university admission, begins rigorous theoretical and practical training in school. He continues his training beyond the classroom settings in specially designed hospitals called teaching hospitals. A medical student combines his lectures with real life hospital experiences, so he doesn't need to go for SIWES or Industrial Training like I (and other engineering students) did. So I keep asking two questions. Firstly, what would be the quality of a fresh graduate doctor if almost all the trainings were mere classroom training? I mean a training without the teaching hospital experience, but replaced with a six months medical/industrial training (a medical training in any kind of hospital/clinic/health centre). Secondly, what would be the quality of a Nigerian graduate engineer and scientist, if given adequate training (both theoretical and practical experiences)? Without mincing words, I believe we can see a major reason why most Nigerian graduates cannot create jobs as well as why they are unemployable.

The fresh graduate doctor goes into the labour market with requisite skills as he properly attends to real life situations as a result of the adequate training he has got. For the science and engineering students, instead of receiving ''inside-out-training'' (adequate training on campuses to perform after graduation) like the doctors (nurses, pharmacists, architects, accountants and legal practitioners), what they get is an ''outside-in-training'' (scavenging for knowledge after graduation).

At this juncture, I need to proffer some pragmatic and proactive solutions to the protracted problem of unemployment.

Firstly, there are identified private organisations that have got massive investments in education, health, media and other socio-economic activities. They can equally be harnessed for job creation, especially in the agricultural sector. I am confident that if these organisations are properly harnessed, they are capable of providing investments worth over 100 billion naira in the agricultural sector over the next ten years.

Secondly, I believe in the adequate training of undergraduates which is a panacea to abundant job production. I mean a training that will ensure adequate knowledge in both theory and practical. I believe in the institutionalisation of every course of study in every tertiary institution in Nigeria, a system that will operate like the teaching hospitals of medical students. In fact, what is sauce for the goose, is sauce for the gander. Engineering and science students should have state of the art facilities in the recommended ''engineering/science villages'' in order to replace the empty laboratories and workshops. We need ''centres of innovation'', not just ''centres of operation and maintenance''. We need ''Nigerian technologies'' not just ''made in Nigeria products''. I do not subscribe to the Nigerian method of gaining practical experiences in which Industrial Training is meant to provide, because we have seen that medical students have adequate expertise as a result of the training they received in their specialized institutions.

Thirdly, undergraduates studying agricultural courses should be empowered (both with finance and modern implements) to own farms before and after graduation. I believe funding of our agriculture student/graduates is possible since the government can pay huge sums to house officers (final year medical students). We need to fix educated people (the graduates of agriculture) in our agricultural sector, as in people who can access information, modern tools and techniques for abundant job production as it is done in developed countries.

My point as touching entrepreneurship is that it is an inordinate thing to degenerate graduates into practicing entrepreneurship of making pop corn, chin-chin, frying akara, selling imported wears, operating a beer palour, laundry, salon and businesses after graduation. I believe in a graduate entrepreneurship where an electrical engineering graduate can venture into electrical equipment (such as electric motors, photovotalic cells, transformers, high tension cables, power generation turbines and so on) design and manufacturing while other graduates do similar things in their fields.

(For my article, 'Entrepreneurship in Nigeria is a scam and a multiplier of poverty').
https://www.nairaland.com/2983340/entrepreneurship-nigeria-scam-multiplier-poverty)

Lastly, only very few Nigerians know that multinational oil companies such as Shell, Chevron and Agip are involved in operations far beyond oil exploration in their countries of origin. As at today, Nigeria has no reason to export crude oil as long as these oil companies can invest into oil refining, petrochemical and gas-to-power generation. What we need to do is to set out modalities that will ensure they refine our crude oil, make petrochemicals for local consumption and export whatever remains as this will help create much jobs. I advocate that the government should reverse the privatisation process of PHCN because the beneficiaries of the privatisation have no prior experience in the power sector, neither have they made marginal investment since they took charge. Despite the purported sale, the federal government is still investing billions of naira into the power sector; an anomalous situation. I believe that multinational energy giants such as General Electric and Siemens should be encouraged to take over PHCN and invest in power generation, transmission and distribution in order to fast track job creation opportunities.

@oneolajire
oneolajire2000@yahoo.co.uk

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Eradicating Mass Unemployment With Realistic Job Creation Strategies by Nobody: 9:10am On Apr 21, 2016
Great points you made though. Our educational institutions need a revamp. Don't be too sure there are no unemployed doctors. I asked my colleagues sometime, why is it that there are no STEM research and development universities in Nigeria despite the growing presence of multinational and indigenous companies in the country. One is a product of one's environment in most cases.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Eradicating Mass Unemployment With Realistic Job Creation Strategies by oneolajire(m): 1:19pm On Apr 21, 2016
majekdom2:
Great points you made though. Our educational institutions need a revamp. Don't be too sure there are no unemployed doctors. I asked my colleagues sometime, why is it that there are no STEM research and development universities in Nigeria despite the growing presence of multinational and indigenous companies in the country. One is a product of one's environment in most cases.

Thanks. Yes our educational institutions need revamp. I dont think I said there are no unemployed doctors, I only wrote that you dont easily come accross unemployed doctors. Their challenge is more of underemployement (low pay jobs) than unemployment (no job). Thanks for your comment, love to see more.

1 Like

Re: Eradicating Mass Unemployment With Realistic Job Creation Strategies by PRISTINEMUSCLES: 1:57pm On Apr 21, 2016
Although quite lengthy but it was worth the read. You made some salient points but you and i know that our government is not proactive,innovative and goal-oriented. They do know the possible solutions to this menace called "unemployment" but what do they do, they grab and scramble for the so called "national cake". We masses are left to suffer for "their" stup.idity.
My brother, lets hope this present government do the "needful".

2 Likes

Re: Eradicating Mass Unemployment With Realistic Job Creation Strategies by oneolajire(m): 2:50pm On Apr 21, 2016
PRISTINEMUSCLES:
Although quite lengthy but it was worth the read. You made some salient points but you and i know that our government is not proactive,innovative and goal-oriented. They do know the possible solutions to this menace called "unemployment" but what do they do, they grab and scramble for the so called "national cake". We masses are left to suffer for "their" stup.idity.
My brother, lets hope this present government do the "needful".

Thanks, we the youth of this nation must rise up and help direct the government to put correct policies in place inorder to eradicate unemployment

1 Like

Re: Eradicating Mass Unemployment With Realistic Job Creation Strategies by Nobody: 3:58pm On Apr 21, 2016
Brilliant OP just too darned frigging brilliant!

I love this article/post whatever. And here is nothing but the major solutions to the hydra headed and cancerous issues bothering and debilitating the effectiveness of the general functioning of Nigeria as a whole for the upliftment of the welfare of the generality of the masses...

It ain't rocket science, paranormal nor extraterrestrial

Why go to school if not to look into those problems that are as affective of such fields of study and seek ways to solve them, rather than one come out and say Oooh there are certainly no jobs: why not go opena barbing salon or a beauty shop or learn to make beads or confectionery or start buying and reselling some commodity goods and join in creating the band wagon effect! Heck, no, you could as well have considered forgetting the degree rather than go get one(after all it would have translated to a better alternative forgone and a strict adherence to a scale of preference)and start to practise all sorts of odd biz ideas and petty trading that any one who needn't see the four walls of a college/university could have dabbled and faired just too okay. Fact is there's a lot more to bagging a degree than what it currently is been distorted to be.. the right and enabling environments, facilities, infrastructures as well as adequate researching should be put in place if any miracle or progress is to be experienced by any government desirous of totally exterminating the menace of unemployment in the Nigeria society today....

Not to add nor take off from your constructive and insightful outlay of a very well crafted essay on the solutions that if proffered could boost the development of the Nigerian Economy in all the positive lights, i'd halt here....

Well done OP! Plus a zillion likes for you smiley

Mods kindly do the needful, this is a good one...

2 Likes

Re: Eradicating Mass Unemployment With Realistic Job Creation Strategies by oneolajire(m): 4:45pm On Apr 21, 2016
dazzle101:
Brilliant OP just too darned frigging brilliant!

I love this article/post whatever. And here is nothing but the major solutions to the hydra headed and cancerous issues bothering and debilitating the effectiveness of the general functioning of Nigeria as a whole for the upliftment of the welfare of the generality of the masses...

It ain't rocket science, paranormal nor extraterrestrial

Why go to school if not to look into those problems that are as affective of such fields of study and seek ways to solve them, rather than one come out and say Oooh there are certainly no jobs: why not go opena barbing salon or a beauty shop or learn to make beads or confectionery or start buying and reselling some commodity goods and join in creating the band wagon effect! Heck, no, you could as well have considered forgetting the degree rather than go get one(after all it would have translated to a better alternative forgone and a strict adherence to a scale of preference)and start to practise all sorts of odd biz ideas and petty trading that any one who needn't see the four walls of a college/university could have dabbled and faired just too okay. Fact is there's a lot more to bagging a degree than what it currently is been distorted to be.. the right and enabling environments, facilities, infrastructures as well as adequate researching should be put in place if any miracle or progress is to be experienced by any government desirous of totally exterminating the menace of unemployment in the Nigeria society today....

Not to add nor take off from your constructive and insightful outlay of a very well crafted essay on the solutions that if proffered could boost the development of the Nigerian Economy in all the positive lights, i'd halt here....

Well done OP! Plus a zillion likes for you smiley

Mods kindly do the needful, this is a good one...

Thanks for your comment. I believe in applying curative solutions to the problem of unemployment. The problem is either solved now before it is too late.

1 Like

Re: Eradicating Mass Unemployment With Realistic Job Creation Strategies by laprince(m): 4:56pm On Apr 21, 2016
Very long and loaded.
This got me thinking a little more.

Our graduates are grossly under-schooled. Our institutions are responsible for the dysfunctional relationship between graduates and the work place required knowledge.

2 Likes

Re: Eradicating Mass Unemployment With Realistic Job Creation Strategies by oneolajire(m): 5:05pm On Apr 21, 2016
laprince:
Very long and loaded.
This got me thinking a little more.

Our graduates are grossly under-schooled. Our institutions are responsible for the dysfunctional relationship between graduates and the work place required knowledge.

thanks, you got my point

2 Likes

Re: Eradicating Mass Unemployment With Realistic Job Creation Strategies by kayjegs: 4:09am On Apr 22, 2016
Wow! Apt. This is the kind of information that policy makers should have in their hands. I don't know how else to approach this problem than the OP has explained here. I am thinking of making a platform available which will be like an open access journal where people with brilliant ideas like this can post them freely so that policy makers can access and have something to use if they lack the idea. I personally know the OP and I can testify to his passion on things like this. Nice one!

1 Like

Re: Eradicating Mass Unemployment With Realistic Job Creation Strategies by oneolajire(m): 7:27am On Apr 22, 2016
kayjegs:
Wow! Apt. This is the kind of information that policy makers should have in their hands. I don't know how else to approach this problem than the OP has explained here. I am thinking of making a platform available which will be like an open access journal where people with brilliant ideas like this can post them freely so that policy makers can access and have something to use if they lack the idea. I personally know the OP and I can testify to his passion on things like this. Nice one!

Thanks Kayjegs, my lovely friend, my ex-schoolmate now in Canada.

1 Like

Re: Eradicating Mass Unemployment With Realistic Job Creation Strategies by oneolajire(m): 7:59am On Apr 23, 2016
I pray our leaders will change their approach to solving the problem of unemployment.
Re: Eradicating Mass Unemployment With Realistic Job Creation Strategies by etim4school: 10:13am On Apr 23, 2016
When the desirable is not available, the available becomes desirable...
The precepts highlighted in your write up is just the glued solution to the predicament of our dear nation in time like this.

Thumbs up Chief...
I will add, self development and continuous skill preset and availability is a panacea modality to the factual precedence of this challenge.

2 Likes

Re: Eradicating Mass Unemployment With Realistic Job Creation Strategies by oneolajire(m): 2:50pm On Apr 23, 2016
etim4school:
When the desirable is not available, the available becomes desirable...
The precepts highlighted in your write up is just the glued solution to the predicament of our dear nation in time like this.

Thumbs up Chief...
I will add, self development and continuous skill preset and availability is a panacea modality to the factual precedence of this challenge.

Yap, you are on point. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Eradicating Mass Unemployment With Realistic Job Creation Strategies by amicable09(f): 3:17pm On Apr 23, 2016
LOL!
What is going on here? Lol. Never have I seen such use of big grammar in one thread as I have just seen now!

Graduates, I salute you all but take it easy. All the posters here have been blowing grammar as if the solution is the length or weight of the word. Lol

On a serious note, OP you observed rightly and the solution proffered are also on point but the truth is, we have all heard these things before, they are not new. I am more particular about translating the letters to substance, something we can lay our hands on. Lying in my shelf are many articles written by lecturers which were read out to us during inaugural lectures. I hate them!

I loathe to see people who know what to do but choose to do the exact opposite of what they teach. Too many write write, let's stop for a while, leaving theory behind and pursue pragmatic approach.

How do we move from here?

1 Like

Re: Eradicating Mass Unemployment With Realistic Job Creation Strategies by oneolajire(m): 4:05pm On Apr 23, 2016
amicable09:
LOL!
What is going on here? Lol. Never have I seen such use of big grammar in one thread as I have just seen now!

Graduates, I salute you all but take it easy. All the posters here have been blowing grammar as if the solution is the length or weight of the word. Lol

On a serious note, OP you observed rightly and the solution proffered are also on point but the truth is, we have all heard these things before, they are not new. I am more particular about translating the letters to substance, something we can lay our hands on. Lying in my shelf are many articles written by lecturers which were read out to us during inaugural lectures. I hate them!

I loathe to see people who know what to do but choose to do the exact opposite of what they teach. Too many write write, let's stop for a while, leaving theory behind and pursue pragmatic approach.

Firstly, if you read the entire post especially the latter part, you'll see the solutions proffered, however, I'll still reply you.

The truth is that there is no short-cut to solving the problem of unemployment (such as entrepreneurship, poverty alleviation programs, loans for businesses, YOUWIN etc.)
We must make policy makers and education administrators (NUC, ASUU, ASUP, Federal Ministry of education and her agencies) understand the need for education that is result oriented. I mean one that gives professionalism (effective theoretical and practical training) in all courses/fields. This is more than what an individual can achieve. We youth must rise up and tell the govt to stop deceiving us; they should invest in us now or never.

We the masses are the ones suffering, the children of the politicians don't have a taste of unemployment, so we must broadcast this message of potent job creation strategies.

Besides, I'll love you to send to my email (my address is at the bottem of my post) some of the materials you claimed to have on job creation. Thanks

2 Likes

Re: Eradicating Mass Unemployment With Realistic Job Creation Strategies by amicable09(f): 9:29pm On Apr 23, 2016
oneolajire:

Firstly, if you read the entire post especially the latter part, you'll see the solutions proffered, however, I'll still reply you.

The truth is that there is no short-cut to solving the problem of unemployment (such as entrepreneurship, poverty alleviation programs, loans for businesses, YOUWIN etc.)
We must make policy makers and education administrators (NUC, ASUU, ASUP, Federal Ministry of education and her agencies) understand the need for education that is result oriented. I mean one that gives professionalism (effective theoretical and practical training) in all courses/fields. This is more than what an individual can achieve. We youth must rise up and tell the govt to stop deceiving us; they should invest in us now or never.

We the masses are the ones suffering, the children of the politicians don't have a taste of unemployment, so we must broadcast this message of potent job creation strategies.

Besides, I'll love you to send to my email (my address is at the bottem of my post) some of the materials you claimed to have on job creation. Thanks
Of course I read through your writeup and saw the solutions you proferred but like I said, they are not new suggestions. We have read it in the papers, we heard analyst on TV say those same stuff, we have also said those same things to ourselves like rehearsed speech because of overhearing.

I am saying, youths which way? It's a question begging for answer. We are not going back to the University after graduating to do practical part of our courses that were denied us years back. Now that we've graduated, what is the way forward?

Then about the material, I won't send them to you cos you said I 'claim', that's a wrong use of word for what I have. Lol.

1 Like

Re: Eradicating Mass Unemployment With Realistic Job Creation Strategies by Nobody: 12:39am On Apr 24, 2016
amicable09:
LOL!

Be the change you want to see, it begins with you! You needn't come on and try to make light these crucial issues that have been outlined here and possible solutions too.

Yes a lot of people have talked time and again but hey, the power of our writing is what we have for now and we will use it. Let's not forget that this is not oblivious to any keen observant in the affairs of this nation judging from the kind of people we have atop the governmental ladder.

People don't just write on stuff because they feel the need to or cos they want to display their writing ability but cos they are indeed pained by these inherent problems and really wished something could be done to which writing about it just like the OP has done is a great step. So I don't think you should make it sound as banal as you already did. I agree these are issues that are as affective of the Nigerian economy for decades now but we have to keep talking about them till we see some ray of hope! Between what better place than a social forum as this one?

I maintain be the change agent, we will back you up as you know actions speak loudest just as your post had implied!!!

Cheers!

2 Likes

Re: Eradicating Mass Unemployment With Realistic Job Creation Strategies by ayobamipeters(m): 12:49am On Apr 24, 2016
it's quite unfortunate that the structuring and the inculcated belief system of many Nigerians even within the so called elite is such that the university system in Nigeria is designed to give 70% theoretical knowledge and 30% practical knowledge, and that d polytechnic system is designed to function directly opposite to the university settings.... oh what a mess of the country's future. ain't gat much to say meh. May God give our policy makers ears to hear. kudos to the writer, this is not bad at all trust me and if you need help in publishing this! pls I wud be glad to be part of this great campaign for the revamping of our education sector. lol. more power to your elbow Sir.

1 Like

Re: Eradicating Mass Unemployment With Realistic Job Creation Strategies by amicable09(f): 6:13am On Apr 24, 2016
dazzle101:

Be the change you want to see, it begins with you! You needn't come on and try to make light these crucial issues that have been outlined here and possible solutions too.

Yes a lot of people have talked time and again but hey, the power of our writing is what we have for now and we will use it. Let's not forget that this is not oblivious to any keen observant in the affairs of this nation judging from the kind of people we have atop the governmental ladder.

People don't just write on stuff because they feel the need to or cos they want to display their writing ability but cos they are indeed pained by these inherent problems and really wished something could be done to which writing about it just like the OP has done is a great step. So I don't think you should make it sound as banal as you already did. I agree these are issues that are as affective of the Nigerian economy for decades now but we have to keep talking about them till we see some ray of hope! Between what better place than a social forum as this one?

I maintain be the change agent, we will back you up as you know actions speak loudest just as your post had implied!!!

Cheers!
*smiles*
You are too serious about the problems Nigeria is facing and I mean way too serious. You need to learn how to take it real easy because overzealousness in matters like this have helped no one in the past.

I understand the pain cos I'm a Nigerian and a graduate too but I won't carry it on my head like you are doing. For years we studied in Uni, analyzing and criticizing regimes and doing comparative analysis of policies in different countries, after all that we were told that Max Weber's theory is just an ideal and not practical in Nigeria.

I don't know what you studied but if you have the same background like I have (in the social sciences), you won't find these talks new. So excuse my unseriousness with big words and just bear with me.

Happy Sunday!
Re: Eradicating Mass Unemployment With Realistic Job Creation Strategies by oneolajire(m): 12:50pm On Apr 24, 2016
dazzle101:

Cheers!

thanks for butressing my point.
Re: Eradicating Mass Unemployment With Realistic Job Creation Strategies by Nobody: 1:32pm On Apr 24, 2016
amicable09:

*smiles*
You are too serious about the problems Nigeria is facing and I mean way too serious. You need to learn how to take it real easy because overzealousness in matters like this have helped no one in the past.

I understand the pain cos I'm a Nigerian and a graduate too but I won't carry it on my head like you are doing. For years we studied in Uni, analyzing and criticizing regimes and doing comparative analysis of policies in different countries, after all that we were told that Max Weber's theory is just an ideal and not practical in Nigeria.

I don't know what you studied but if you have the same background like I have (in the social sciences), you won't find these talks new. So excuse my unseriousness with big words and just bear with me.

Happy Sunday!

Oh no ma'am I gave up on Nigeria ages ago!

No one is taking anything way too seriously!

Point is someone took out time to write stuff I think credit should be given and not tryna make them feel their efforts are baseless even if u opine differently!

Oh and yes! I am also an Economist!!!

Good day!

1 Like

Re: Eradicating Mass Unemployment With Realistic Job Creation Strategies by oneolajire(m): 1:38pm On Apr 24, 2016
dazzle101:

Point is someone took out time to write stuff I think credit should be given and not tryna make them feel their efforts are baseless even if u opine differently!

Good day!

This is terrific!
Re: Eradicating Mass Unemployment With Realistic Job Creation Strategies by amicable09(f): 1:40pm On Apr 24, 2016
dazzle101:

Good day!
Lol. Why in God's name did you not read what I wrote the first time before quoting him? I applauded his efforts for crying out loud! I just want a more practical approach and that's what I was looking for.

Sorry you gave up on Nigeria already. I haven't! I never will. I will keep looking for believers of Nigeria and I thought for a second after reading his post that I found one in him. Maybe I am wrong... you all should have a good day!
Re: Eradicating Mass Unemployment With Realistic Job Creation Strategies by Nobody: 1:42pm On Apr 24, 2016
oneolajire:

This is terrific!

Oneo, you have no idea, I used to be in the vanguard of people passionate about creating a positive change in the Nigerian economy lol but as it stands I gave up on that already....

Really looking not so feasible as it's always been....
Re: Eradicating Mass Unemployment With Realistic Job Creation Strategies by Nobody: 1:48pm On Apr 24, 2016
amicable09:

Lol. Why in God's name did you not read what I wrote the first time before quoting him? I applauded his efforts for crying out loud! I just want a more practical approach and that's what I was looking for.

Sorry you gave up on Nigeria already. I haven't! I never will. I will keep looking for believers of Nigeria and I thought for a second after reading his post that I found one in him. Maybe I am wrong... you all should

have a good day!

Madam stop crying foul!!!! You got served, so don't try to turn it all around! I read ur remarks and how you thought all the posters before u were speaking big grammar(whatever your grouse with that).

You already talked about how you know it's an overflogged issue and then shouldn't be talked about no more but for practical solutions to be provided! Ok, so I told u to be the change and you carefully avoided that and now you claim you are among those who won't give up on Nigeria, when ppl are complaining and penning their thoughts ant you're making light of it, so isn't your stance contradictory!

Let it rest abeg!!!! No point in tryna claim you know wassup with how the cookie crumbles!

You say you gave OP credit but it sounded morelike you were tryna rubbish his write up!
Re: Eradicating Mass Unemployment With Realistic Job Creation Strategies by Nobody: 1:53pm On Apr 24, 2016
amicable09:

Sorry you gave up on Nigeria already. I haven't! I never will. I will keep looking for believers of Nigeria and I thought for a second after reading his post that I found one in him. Maybe I am wrong... you all should

have a good day!

Madam stop crying foul!!!! You got served, so don't try to turn it all around! I read ur remarks and how you thought all the posters before u were speaking big grammar(whatever your grouse with that).

You already talked about how you know it's an overflogged issue and then shouldn't be talked about no more but for practical solutions to be provided! Ok, so I told u to be the change and you carefully avoided that and now you claim you are among those who won't give up on Nigeria, when ppl are complaining and penning their thoughts in a bid to proffer solutions, you make it sound routine, so isn't your stance contradictory!

Let it rest abeg!!!! No point in tryna claim you know wassup with how the cookie crumbles!

You say you gave OP credit but it sounded morelike you were tryna rubbish his write up!
Re: Eradicating Mass Unemployment With Realistic Job Creation Strategies by amicable09(f): 2:03pm On Apr 24, 2016
dazzle101:

You already talked about how you know it's an overflogged issue and then shouldn't be talked about no more but for practical solutions to be provided! Ok, so I told u to be the change and you carefully avoided that and now you claim you are among those who won't give up on Nigeria, when ppl are complaining and penning their thoughts ant you're making light of it, so isn't your stance contradictory!

Lol.
Officially, you have issues! Go get it treated.
Re: Eradicating Mass Unemployment With Realistic Job Creation Strategies by oneolajire(m): 2:07pm On Apr 24, 2016
ayobamipeters:
it's quite unfortunate that the structuring and the inculcated belief system of many Nigerians even within the so called elite is such that the university system in Nigeria is designed to give 70% theoretical knowledge and 30% practical knowledge, and that d polytechnic system is designed to function directly opposite to the university settings.... oh what a mess of the country's future. ain't gat much to say meh. May God give our policy makers ears to hear. kudos to the writer, this is not bad at all trust me and if you need help in publishing this! pls I wud be glad to be part of this great campaign for the revamping of our education sector. lol. more power to your elbow Sir.

thanks, kudos to you
Re: Eradicating Mass Unemployment With Realistic Job Creation Strategies by Nobody: 2:13pm On Apr 24, 2016
amicable09:

Lol.
Officially, you have issues! Go get it treated.

Haha so typical when they straightened out! grin grin
Re: Eradicating Mass Unemployment With Realistic Job Creation Strategies by oneolajire(m): 2:24pm On Apr 24, 2016
amicable09:

Of course I read through your writeup and saw the solutions you preferred but like I said, they are not new suggestions. We have read it in the papers, we heard analyst on TV say those same stuff, we have also said those same things to ourselves like rehearsed speech because of overhearing.

I am saying, youths which way? It's a question begging for answer. We are not going back to the University after graduating to do practical part of our courses that were denied us years back. Now that we've graduated, what is the way forward?

Then about the material, I won't send them to you cos you said I 'claim', that's a wrong use of word for what I have. Lol.

You wrote that my outlined solutions are not new and that you have a lot of materials the proffered solutions.

Pls, did they criticize entrepreneurship like I did? I believe entrepreneurship is a multiplier of unemployment and poverty? (to read my article on that go through the link on the main post)

Pls, do you mean the materials you have lays emphasis on fixing graduates of agriculture in the agricultural sector of this country?
Do you mean the inaugural lectures you attended clamoured to the abolition of SIWES/IT and did they recommend engineering villages like I did?

Until you substanciate your points, I will not believe you. I still stand to emphasize the point that my proffered are novel and proactive.
Re: Eradicating Mass Unemployment With Realistic Job Creation Strategies by amicable09(f): 2:35pm On Apr 24, 2016
oneolajire:

You wrote that my outlined solutions are not new and that you have a lot of materials the proffered solutions.

Pls, did they criticize entrepreneurship like I did? I believe entrepreneurship is a multiplier of unemployment and poverty? (to read my article on that go through the link on the main post)

Pls, do you mean the materials you have lays emphasis on fixing graduates of agriculture in the agricultural sector of this country?
Do you mean the inaugural lectures you attended clamoured to the abolition of SIWES/IT and did they recommend engineering villages like I did?

Until you substanciate your points, I will not believe you. I still stand to emphasize the point that my proffered are novel and proactive.
Why do I feel like you guys are trying hard to get my attention? I deliberately ignored the last mention here and quietly unfollowed this thread.

I am not one known for fighting faceless peeps on the internet, I've got no time for that. I made reference to your article trying to be friendly with you - the writer and you responded semi well the first time, then that attention seeker looking for someone to exchange words with had to jump in like an uninvited tombo fly.

If you guys really think that I will stoop so low as to forget the main reason why I commented on this thread in the first place and start exchanging derogatory words with you all, then you've lost it. I don't waste my time and words for insults, I'm wiser than that. Grow up and be like me!

I challenge the status quo.
Goodbye.

P.S Take extra note of my siggy. Thanks.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

We Are Hiring / Immigration Recruitment / Dangote Sales And Marketing Aptitude Test.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 139
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.