Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,180 members, 7,864,080 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 11:20 AM

*** Nigeria Will Be A Great Country *** - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / *** Nigeria Will Be A Great Country *** (680 Views)

We Are A Great Country, Stop Putting Yourself Down — Fashola / “Nigeria Will Continue To Borrow,” Adeosun Says, Days After Warning Against Debt / Biafra: Nigeria Will Defeat Separatist Agitations, Says US (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

*** Nigeria Will Be A Great Country *** by adehab: 6:59pm On Apr 21, 2016
[b]In recent years, I began collecting data about what people think of other countries. What do Egyptians think of China? What do Danes think of Brazil? What does Ghana think of Nigeria? And so on. By 2012, I had 240 billion data points – the raw entrails of one of the largest social surveys ever conducted. I then took some time out to scrutinize the data and glean why people prefer one country to another. “What I discovered,” Anholt told me in a recent interview, “was that out of all the reasons why people admire other countries, by a wide margin the primary reason was that they felt that that country was a good country.”

By “good country” Anholt does not mean a rich or a beautiful or a technologically advanced or a powerful country, but one that benefits the world. “It’s a stab at measuring what each country on Earth genuinely contributes to the rest of humanity,” Anholt says. “There are hundreds of thousands of indexes that measure the performance of countries in different ways, but this was, as far as I can tell, the first attempt to measure what impact they have outside their own borders.”

Anholt adjusted the measurements to reflect the size of a country’s economy. Otherwise the richest countries would have outranked the rest simply by virtue of their wealth. “I wanted to find out what countries contribute relative to their ability to contribute,” Anholt says. “The fact that Kenya, despite having a very small economy, can rank in the top thirty clearly shows that this isn’t about how rich you are. Being a good country is about engaging productively and collaboratively with other countries. It’s about behaving like a good neighbor.”

While it’s true that the countries lower down on the index tend to be poorer, Anholt says this is because necessity compels them to be somewhat inward-looking. “They are quite understandably focused on their own population, so they’re not contributing an enormous amount to the rest of the world,” he says. “But to be fair, those right at the bottom, in the region of 90 to 125, those are countries that are deliberately harming the planet and the rest of humanity.

My question is What do we Want?
Are our Leaders on the right track?
Instead of focusing on the growth of the nation, They keep on fight each other on Political issues.
When will our Nigeria leaders get thing right..

Whats your Own Opinion..

!!!God bless Nigeria!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
[/b]
Re: *** Nigeria Will Be A Great Country *** by DaBullIT(m): 8:55pm On Apr 21, 2016
God has blessed Nigeria with many things

God blessed us again and gave us Buhari

It's left to us to embrace that blessing and support him
Re: *** Nigeria Will Be A Great Country *** by Babalegba(m): 11:14pm On Apr 21, 2016
DaBullIT:
God has blessed Nigeria with many things

God blessed us again and gave us Buhari

It's left to us to embrace that blessing and support him
The question is ,will PDP allow him to succeed
Re: *** Nigeria Will Be A Great Country *** by chriskosherbal(m): 11:17pm On Apr 21, 2016
Yes we are a great country in very ramification.
Re: *** Nigeria Will Be A Great Country *** by udemzyudex(m): 11:56pm On Apr 21, 2016
Keep dreaming, those in the 80's have already dream and pass away, so you can continue from where they stop.

As far as I'm concern, Nigeria can never be great with the kind of people ruling us, tomorrow people like the op will still come out and vote the same people that have been ruling us for years.

Yeah Nigeria will be great, but not in this generation maybe in the next 5 decades or more,just pray God should bless you and people around you that's all cos praying for a good country is a waste of time even if God want to help he can't come down, he will use our leaders, since the leaders are all corrupt and lack the fear of God, oga op forget story.
Re: *** Nigeria Will Be A Great Country *** by adehab: 11:49am On May 07, 2016
Keeping Praying for a better Tomorrow.. Haba
udemzyudex:
Keep dreaming, those in the 80's have already dream and pass away, so you can continue from where they stop.

As far as I'm concern, Nigeria can never be great with the kind of people ruling us, tomorrow people like the op will still come out and vote the same people that have been ruling us for years.

Yeah Nigeria will be great, but not in this generation maybe in the next 5 decades or more,just pray God should bless you and people around you that's all cos praying for a good country is a waste of time even if God want to help he can't come down, he will use our leaders, since the leaders are all corrupt and lack the fear of God, oga op forget story.
Re: *** Nigeria Will Be A Great Country *** by gidgiddy: 12:10pm On May 07, 2016
No going back on referendum!
Re: *** Nigeria Will Be A Great Country *** by bjoyoyo99: 12:17pm On May 07, 2016
When GODWIN
Re: *** Nigeria Will Be A Great Country *** by csamii: 1:08pm On May 07, 2016
Babalegba:
The question is ,will PDP allow him to succeed

Wetin concern pdp with buhari?

(1) (Reply)

Ekitigate: Obanikoro Loses Bid To Stop Audio Recording Circulation / PHOTO: Bank Turn Market Place As Hundreds Fill GT Bank In Ikorodu, Lagos / No Biafra Under Me –buhari | The Sun News

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.