Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,313 members, 7,811,933 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:04 AM

Atheists, Freethinkers Lounge. Discuss Everything; NO LIMITS - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Atheists, Freethinkers Lounge. Discuss Everything; NO LIMITS (1011 Views)

My Gratitude Goes To All Atheists/freethinkers Here, You Are Doing A Great Job! / Freethinkers In Nigeria And The Fear Of Nigerians / Atheists & Freethinkers: Please Expand Further On This. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Atheists, Freethinkers Lounge. Discuss Everything; NO LIMITS by HardMirror(m): 9:51pm On Apr 21, 2016
Yes o. Let's talk about everything and anything.

Let me bell the cat.

I remember the day I told my favorite uncle I was an atheist grin damn! The look on his face!
He was perplexed.
"Have you joined ogboni?" He asked
" No sir, I don't believe in god" I answered.
He kept quiet for some time.
"Life could be unfair but don't stop believing in god" he continued with deep concern and a touch of confusion still in his voice.

Lol

It's funny Nigerians find it hard to believe people can live without believing in god

2 Likes

Re: Atheists, Freethinkers Lounge. Discuss Everything; NO LIMITS by Nobody: 10:06pm On Apr 21, 2016
HardMirror:

Let me bell the cat.

I remember the day I told my favorite uncle I was an atheist grin damn! The look on his face!
He was perplexed.
"Life could be unfair but don't stop believing in god" he continued with deep concern and a touch of confusion still in his voice.

Lol

It's funny Nigerians find it hard to believe people can live without believing in god

i heard of a guy that told his parents he doesn't believe in god and immediately they tied him up and started visiting several spiritual men for deliverance and at the end they killed just because he said god doesn't exist.

his parents are been praised in their community for doing the right thing
Re: Atheists, Freethinkers Lounge. Discuss Everything; NO LIMITS by HardMirror(m): 10:27pm On Apr 21, 2016
Naijaboy007:

i heard of a guy that told his parents he doesn't believe in god and immediately they tied him up and started visiting several spiritual men for deliverance and at the end they killed just because he said god doesn't exist.

his parents are been praised in their community for doing the right thing
Na wa o
I recall going out with this same uncle and how he told all his friends present that I am mad. He would ask me questions and tell me to shut up immediately I open my mouth to answer.
Lol
Re: Atheists, Freethinkers Lounge. Discuss Everything; NO LIMITS by iPopAlomo(m): 10:41pm On Apr 21, 2016
Freethinkers arent atheist... Are they...?
Re: Atheists, Freethinkers Lounge. Discuss Everything; NO LIMITS by HardMirror(m): 6:18am On Apr 22, 2016
iPopAlomo:
Freethinkers arent atheist... Are they...?
Very different.
Freethinkers can believe in god, but be unconventional. Eg it's possible to be a freethinker that goes to church yet refuse to believe many things your church preaches because it does not make sense to you.

Many christians and moslims are freethinkers to an extent. There are many who still fornicate and see nothing wrong with it and will never change. There are many who reject many teachings of their religion because it makes no sense to them.
But an atheist does not worship any god. Even is there is a possibility of a god existing, that is all it is to an atheist, a possibility not a certainty. And the definition of god is where the problem is, is it a it, she or he? Call the universe god, that's your problem. But where did the universe ask to be worshiped? That's an atheist for you. Leave god to speak for himself if he exists and want to be worshiped. We see religion as man made and for good reason -nothing religion claims adds up

1 Like

Re: Atheists, Freethinkers Lounge. Discuss Everything; NO LIMITS by iPopAlomo(m): 8:24am On Apr 22, 2016
HardMirror:

Very different.
Freethinkers can believe in god, but be unconventional. Eg it's possible to be a freethinker that goes to church yet refuse to believe many things your church preaches because it does not make sense to you.

Many christians and moslims are freethinkers to an extent. There are many who still fornicate and see nothing wrong with it and will never change. There are many who reject many teachings of their religion because it makes no sense to them.
But an atheist does not worship any god. Even is there is a possibility of a god existing, that is all it is to an atheist, a possibility not a certainty. And the definition of god is where the problem is, is it a it, she or he? Call the universe god, that's your problem. But where did the universe ask to be worshiped? That's an atheist for you. Leave god to speak for himself if he exists and want to be worshiped. We see religion as man made and for good reason -nothing religion claims adds up

Exactly my point... You've already started justifying atheism... Whereas freethinkers live and let live...

1 Like

Re: Atheists, Freethinkers Lounge. Discuss Everything; NO LIMITS by HardMirror(m): 9:13am On Apr 22, 2016
iPopAlomo:

Exactly my point... You've already started justifying atheism... Whereas freethinkers live and let live...
Justifying
Most atheists are freethinkers in the first place. Forget those that are vocal and radical about atheism. Many don't just care. The "live and let live" as you say. But some would clearly say "mess you" to anyone that wants to sell any bull.sh!t to them. There is no point talking about me justifying atheism as you say.
Ok ok I was being a bit smog wink grin
Re: Atheists, Freethinkers Lounge. Discuss Everything; NO LIMITS by smoy: 9:49am On Apr 22, 2016
HardMirror:

Let me bell the cat.

He was perplexed.

Lol

Quran 6: Say: "Think ye, if Allah took away your hearing and your sight, and sealed up your hearts, who - a god other than Allah - could restore them to you?" See how We explain the signs by various (symbols); yet they turn aside. (46) Say: "Think ye, if the punishment of Allah comes to you, whether suddenly or openly, will any be destroyed except those who do wrong? (47) We send the messengers only to give good news and to warn: so those who believe and mend (their lives),- upon them shall be no fear, nor shall they grieve. (48) But those who reject our signs,- them shall punishment touch, for that they ceased not from transgressing. (49)
Re: Atheists, Freethinkers Lounge. Discuss Everything; NO LIMITS by HardMirror(m): 11:57am On Apr 22, 2016
smoy:
Quran 6: Say: "Think ye, if Allah took away your hearing and your sight, and sealed up your hearts, who - a god other than Allah - could restore them to you?" See how We explain the signs by various (symbols); yet they turn aside. (46) Say: "Think ye, if the punishment of Allah comes to you, whether suddenly or openly, will any be destroyed except those who do wrong? (47) We send the messengers only to give good news and to warn: so those who believe and mend (their lives),- upon them shall be no fear, nor shall they grieve. (48) But those who reject our signs,- them shall punishment touch, for that they ceased not from transgressing. (49)
What are u saying
Re: Atheists, Freethinkers Lounge. Discuss Everything; NO LIMITS by urahara(m): 1:32pm On Apr 22, 2016
smoy:

Oh.its another brainwashed mohammedan
Re: Atheists, Freethinkers Lounge. Discuss Everything; NO LIMITS by urahara(m): 1:56pm On Apr 22, 2016
In the room in the university hostel i am staying.a friend of mine who is a muslim was telling me about how there has to be a god because of the magnificence of creation and because things couldnt have created themselves. Then he said that atheists are mad, confused people who have no hope and who should go ahead and live their MISERABLE lives.
He sounded like someone who was angry at the fact that there are people that exist that dont have the belief in a god . he simply couldnt understand and cope with this.i then explained to him that majority of atheists dont say that there is no god but rather that a god may or may not possibly exist .in summary they are agnostic atheists . like me . . but rather this my moslem friend ignorantly and stupidly insisted that being agnostic about gods existence and saying there is no god are exactly the same .

It then dawned on me that

Muslims are by far more more. More .more .intolerant to atheists than christians.

When muslims argue about their religion they sound severely brainwashed.

Arguing with a muslim on religious issues is like chasing the wind .its futile

Its far easier for a xtian to dump his or her ridiculous beliefs than for a muslim.

PS
My moslem friend is still my friend because he doesnt know i am an atheist
Re: Atheists, Freethinkers Lounge. Discuss Everything; NO LIMITS by smoy: 2:44pm On Apr 22, 2016
HardMirror:

What are u saying
Quran 6 It is He who doth take your souls by night, and hath knowledge of all that ye have done by day: by day doth He raise you up again; that a term appointed be fulfilled; In the end unto Him will be your return; then will He show you the truth of all that ye did. (60) He is the irresistible, (watching) from above over His worshippers, and He sets guardians over you. At length, when death approaches one of you, Our angels take his soul, and they never fail in their duty. (61)
Re: Atheists, Freethinkers Lounge. Discuss Everything; NO LIMITS by urahara(m): 2:46pm On Apr 22, 2016
smoy:
Quran 6 It is He who doth take your souls by night, and hath knowledge of all that ye have done by day: by day doth He raise you up again; that a term appointed be fulfilled; In the end unto Him will be your return; then will He show you the truth of all that ye did. (60) He is the irresistible, (watching) from above over His worshippers, and He sets guardians over you. At length, when death approaches one of you, Our angels take his soul, and they never fail in their duty. (61)

Ok
Re: Atheists, Freethinkers Lounge. Discuss Everything; NO LIMITS by smoy: 2:48pm On Apr 22, 2016
urahara:

Oh.its another brainwashed mohammedan
Quran6: For every message is a limit of time, and soon shall ye know it." (67)
Re: Atheists, Freethinkers Lounge. Discuss Everything; NO LIMITS by HardMirror(m): 3:02pm On Apr 22, 2016
urahara:
In the room in the university hostel i am staying.a friend of mine who is a muslim was telling me about how there has to be a god because of the magnificence of creation and because things couldnt have created themselves. Then he said that atheists are mad, confused people who have no hope and who should go ahead and live their MISERABLE lives.
He sounded like someone who was angry at the fact that there are people that exist that dont have the belief in a god . he simply couldnt understand and cope with this.i then explained to him that majority of atheists dont say that there is no god but rather that a god may or may not possibly exist .in summary they are agnostic atheists . like me . . but rather this my moslem friend ignorantly and stupidly insisted that being agnostic about gods existence and saying there is no god are exactly the same .

It then dawned on me that

Muslims are by far more more. More .more .intolerant to atheists than christians.

When muslims argue about their religion they sound severely brainwashed.

Arguing with a muslim on religious issues is like chasing the wind .its futile

Its far easier for a xtian to dump his or her ridiculous beliefs than for a muslim.

PS
My moslem friend is still my friend because he doesnt know i am an atheist
Hahahaha
Do you what Darkmatter2525 videos?
Re: Atheists, Freethinkers Lounge. Discuss Everything; NO LIMITS by urahara(m): 3:09pm On Apr 22, 2016
HardMirror:
Hahahaha Do you what Darkmatter2525 videos?
Yap i do . i luv them . xtremely funny and intelligent videos . y did u ask tho
Re: Atheists, Freethinkers Lounge. Discuss Everything; NO LIMITS by HardMirror(m): 3:22pm On Apr 22, 2016
urahara:

Yap i do . i luv them . xtremely funny and intelligent videos . y did u ask tho
It would make you laugh at how ignorant people are. So you don't stress yourself.
Re: Atheists, Freethinkers Lounge. Discuss Everything; NO LIMITS by UyiIredia(m): 5:48pm On Apr 22, 2016
There already a thread for atheists to hang out on. It's the non-Christians lounge or so.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

What Is Your Favourite Bible Quote / How To win over Atheists, Muslims, ATR And Others. / Atheists I Need Your Answers.......

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.