Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,418 members, 7,954,660 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 05:23 AM

Abia State University Refuses To Honour Her Best Graduating Students - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Abia State University Refuses To Honour Her Best Graduating Students (1081 Views)

FUTO Gives N1,000 Each To Best Graduating Students At The Convocation / UNILORIN Worst & Best Graduating Students Get Scholarship To Study In Oxford, UK / Lady Expelled From Covenant University In 300L, Becomes Best Graduating Student (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Abia State University Refuses To Honour Her Best Graduating Students by darealmayo(m): 10:31pm On Apr 21, 2016
ABSU...#HonourYourBest.... Last week Saturday, 16th April 2016, Abia State University Uturu held her convocation, and it was really an epoch making event. As usual with such programs.. we were all waiting for a major highlight of the event which is THE RECOGNITION OF THE DEPARTMENTAL/FACULTY BEST GRADUATING STUDENTS and THE UNIVERSITY OVERALL BEST GRADUATING STUDENT. Unfortunately, it looked like there was no plans for that. And when finally, the Overall Best Graduating Student, Mr. Councillor Onyeama of the Department of Linguistics & Communication with a cumulative CGP of 4.62 was called up,he was given a minute to give his speech.To make matters worse, the microphone was literally snatched from him on the stage so that the convocation could be declared closed..because the Governor was about to leave..WHAT AN EMBARRASSMENT TO EXCELLENCE AND MERIT. None of those students was honoured..not even a congratulatory letter...Habaa!! even primary and secondary schools do better. For some time now, we've been celebrating our friend who made a CGP of 5.0 at Unilag and just recently Imo State University during her convocation honoured her BGS with a cash prize of 2 million naira and a vehicle given to him by Dr. Innocent Chukwuma. Even the Bible encourages excellence and honour..So my questions are (1) ABSU..what is wrong with celebrating excellence and merit. (2) How will you encourage other students if you cannot celebrate these ones. (3) Don't you know that the essence of the public recognition is so others can be challenged. I am not the best student but I know that to be the best takes a lot of effort. Up till now the school has not said anything to them. Even the gowns they wore on that day were paid for by them. It is not right. I'm quite sure that after now, the university would come up to deny it but the fact still remains that what happened on that day was not right. The right thing should be done. I suggest that as a matter of fact, the university should officially apologise to these ones for inviting them to the convocation and not doing the needful. We should learn to encourage EXCELLENCE.I call on the state government and the authorities in ABSU to please do the right thing, and CELEBRATE THESE ONES...#ABSUHonourYourBest...
Re: Abia State University Refuses To Honour Her Best Graduating Students by Oche211(m): 10:38pm On Apr 21, 2016
Hmmm that's totally bad
Re: Abia State University Refuses To Honour Her Best Graduating Students by Yuneehk(f): 10:51pm On Apr 21, 2016
They didn't celebrate excellence... And to think the school's motto is EXCELLENCE and Service. If all Op said is true, then Absu messed up
Re: Abia State University Refuses To Honour Her Best Graduating Students by itzgbengene: 11:35pm On Apr 21, 2016
C'mOn this is a huge embarassment on the school! Wtf!!!
Re: Abia State University Refuses To Honour Her Best Graduating Students by itzgbengene: 11:37pm On Apr 21, 2016
Lalasticlala !!
Re: Abia State University Refuses To Honour Her Best Graduating Students by lalasticlala(m): 8:56am On Apr 22, 2016
That has always been ABSU's way since. They don't care if u are the best graduating over all or department. At least I'm speaking from my experience
Re: Abia State University Refuses To Honour Her Best Graduating Students by Zenzu01(m): 2:08pm On Apr 22, 2016
lalasticlala:
That has always been ABSU's way since. They don't care if u are the best graduating over all or department. At least I'm speaking from my experience
I guess they didn't honour you too as their best student in your era....

Atleast in Nairaland, we honour you gringringrin
Re: Abia State University Refuses To Honour Her Best Graduating Students by lalasticlala(m): 2:33pm On Apr 22, 2016
Zenzu01:
I guess they didn't honour you too as their best student in your era....

Atleast in Nairaland, we honour you gringringrin

I wasn't the best overall. But I was the best in my own department. I'm sure, ABSU doesn't care about the best whatever. My own department was filled with sadists. Where a lecturer wil tell u "A is for God, B is for him" lol

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Abia State University Refuses To Honour Her Best Graduating Students by Nobody: 2:36pm On Apr 22, 2016
lalasticlala:

I wasn't the best overall. But I was the best in my own department. I'm sure, ABSU doesn't care about the best whatever. My own department was filled with sadists. Where a lecturer wil tell u "A is for God, B is for him" lol
so uncle lalasticlala you're a true human
Re: Abia State University Refuses To Honour Her Best Graduating Students by Nobody: 3:33pm On Apr 22, 2016
Ah..... This is not good oooo
Re: Abia State University Refuses To Honour Her Best Graduating Students by Nicolars(m): 4:33pm On Apr 22, 2016
lalasticlala:

Wat dept
Re: Abia State University Refuses To Honour Her Best Graduating Students by Nobody: 5:54pm On Apr 22, 2016
ABSU na school? undecided
The only thing they're good at is cultism and runs
cc.lalasticlala
Re: Abia State University Refuses To Honour Her Best Graduating Students by Precious91(m): 8:58am On Apr 23, 2016
That's how you wee know that the lecturers and vc finished with third class or a pass.Not used to excellence.

(1) (Reply)

Professional Masters Degree (taught) And Academic Masters Degree (research) / Delsu Students Protests Increment Of School Fees / WAEC Nov/dec Result Has Been Released!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.