Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,414 members, 7,822,925 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 07:37 PM

Can Rich Pastors Make Heaven? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Can Rich Pastors Make Heaven? (1306 Views)

Angela Nwosu: 'Don't Want To Make Heaven If It's Where Oyedepo, Adeboye Will Go' / Nigerian Mega-rich Pastors Living In Million Pound Homes Prey On Believers - UK / Rich Pastors Disregarding The Poor – Falana Mocks Adeboye, Others (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can Rich Pastors Make Heaven? by echodrum(m): 6:22am On Apr 22, 2016
"It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for someone who is rich to enter the kingdom of God." Mathew 10:25
This thoughts came over me and I decided to hear from the house. Since according to Jesus, it is basically impossible for rich men to enter heaven. What is the position of our rich pastors especially those flying private jets?
Re: Can Rich Pastors Make Heaven? by Joagbaje(m): 7:13am On Apr 22, 2016
Firstly salvation is by faith in christ not about what a man has . Secondly JESUS is not against wealth . He is against covetousness . If you have money , use it for God. The man flying jet ,is he flying it to watch soccer or preach the gospel.
Re: Can Rich Pastors Make Heaven? by annunaki2(m): 7:24am On Apr 22, 2016
Joagbaje:
Firstly salvation is by faith in christ not about what a man has . Secondly JESUS is not against wealth . He is against covetousness . If you have money , use it for God. The man flying jet ,is he flying it to watch soccer or preach the gospel.

You don't need to fly private jet to preach the gospel, if the pastor is really sincere, the money spent on bbuying and maintaining that jet could bbe better used in reaching out to the poor and sponsoring multiple missionaries to various corners of nigeria and the world that the gospel is yet to be established.
Re: Can Rich Pastors Make Heaven? by grevotech(m): 8:42am On Apr 22, 2016
annunaki2:

You don't need to fly private jet to preach the gospel, if the pastor is really sincere, the money spent on bbuying and maintaining that jet could bbe better used in reaching out to the poor and sponsoring multiple missionaries to various corners of nigeria and the world that the gospel is yet to be established.
So when there's a need to preach the gospel out of the country he goes to charter a jet abi? Wealth is not and never will be a requirement for heaven
Re: Can Rich Pastors Make Heaven? by annunaki2(m): 9:23am On Apr 22, 2016
grevotech:

So when there's a need to preach the gospel out of the country he goes to charter a jet abi? Wealth is not and never will be a requirement for heaven

He does not need to charter a jet, he should fly commercial(economy seat) like every other person.
Re: Can Rich Pastors Make Heaven? by grevotech(m): 9:27am On Apr 22, 2016
annunaki2:

He does not did to charter a jet, he should fly commercial(economy seat) like every other person.
shocked
Re: Can Rich Pastors Make Heaven? by 4C2215131: 9:57am On Apr 22, 2016
grevotech:

shocked

Wetin you dey open mouth for? Na bad tin e talk?
Re: Can Rich Pastors Make Heaven? by promise101: 10:35am On Apr 22, 2016
annunaki2:

Please, what exactly are you saying? That private jet cannot help in preaching the gospel? What if the preaher want to go out of the country to preach 10 times per week in different countries.

What could have help, if not a private jet?

Oga, think well before you talk!
Re: Can Rich Pastors Make Heaven? by marshalcarter: 10:39am On Apr 22, 2016
promise101:

Please, what exactly are you saying? That private jet cannot help in preaching the gospel? What if the preaher want to go out of the country to preach 10 times per week in different countries.

Mr.....if u want to travel to 38 countries without private this week...you'll do it..you sef think well b4 u talk
Re: Can Rich Pastors Make Heaven? by promise101: 10:41am On Apr 22, 2016
grevotech:

shocked
My friend, I think you should tell that to oyedepo right, Who has so many foundation program. So flying jet is now a crime or what?

You would have said that the woman who poured an expensive oil at the feet of Jesus, committed a sin. Why couldn't she had sold the oil and give the money to the poor, as judas, peter and co said.

You are probably doing what they did!
Re: Can Rich Pastors Make Heaven? by annunaki2(m): 11:45am On Apr 22, 2016
promise101:

Why must a pastor go to different countries to preach ten times a week when there are still millions of unsaved people in his own country
Re: Can Rich Pastors Make Heaven? by grevotech(m): 1:48pm On Apr 22, 2016
promise101:

My friend, I think you should tell that to oyedepo right, Who has so many foundation program. So flying jet is now a crime or what?

You would have said that the woman who poured an expensive oil at the feet of Jesus, committed a sin. Why couldn't she had sold the oil and give the money to the poor, as judas, peter and co said.

You are probably doing what they did!
Read well before quoting me... And If you can read very well you would have seen my first comment. The OP is getting it wrong. And I was asking a question if the same pastor is complaining about having a jet wants to preach somewhere outside the country how does he do that knowing he's not going alone... You just came and started showing your ingnorance. Don't ever quote me again.
Re: Can Rich Pastors Make Heaven? by Nobody: 2:07pm On Apr 22, 2016
grevotech:

Read well before quoting me... And If you can read very well you would have seen my first comment. The OP is getting it wrong. And I was asking a question if the same pastor is complaining about having a jet wants to preach somewhere outside the country how does he do that knowing he's not going alone... You just came and started showing your ingnorance. Don't ever quote me again.
. "It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for someone who is rich to enter the kingdom of God." Mathew 10:25

Think about it before you comment again.
Re: Can Rich Pastors Make Heaven? by grevotech(m): 2:10pm On Apr 22, 2016
Pyrrho:
. "It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for someone who is rich to enter the kingdom of God." Mathew 10:25

Think about it before you comment again.
Do you want to learn or.you want to argue... Well if that's the case. Go and live in poverty so you'd make heaven...
Re: Can Rich Pastors Make Heaven? by Nobody: 2:35pm On Apr 22, 2016
grevotech:

Do you want to learn or.you want to argue... Well if that's the case. Go and live in poverty so you'd make heaven...
At least you have thought about it. We didn't have to argue on it.

Have a nice day.
Re: Can Rich Pastors Make Heaven? by promise101: 7:23pm On Apr 22, 2016
annunaki2:

Why must a pastor go to different countries to preach ten times a week when there are still millions of unsaved people in his own country
Go and ask Jesus that!

Jesus never got supporters from his town, so what's your point exactly?
Re: Can Rich Pastors Make Heaven? by promise101: 7:38pm On Apr 22, 2016
Pyrrho:
At least you have thought about it. We didn't have to argue on it.

Have a nice day.
You self-righteous christians, one thing is sure; YOU WILL ALWAYS BE GUILTY OF WHAT YOU PREACH, YET YOU CONDEMN PEOPLE WHO YOU FIND GUILTY.

I believe, you have a very good, if not expensive, mobile phone. But why not sell it, give the money to the poor and buy nokia touch, just for calls only. At least, you must not need your phone to browse because you can still borrow from people to browse.

You eat, at least 3 times per day. But, do you know that there are people around you, who eat ONCE in 2 days. Why not be eat once per day and then give them your remaining 2 meals.

You buy clothes, right? How many times have you given an UNUSED cloth to homeless people?

There are many homeless people in your town. Why not accommodate them and give them shelter in your house. It is not a crime!

Jesus was not saying that rich men will not go to heaven because they have money and spend it the way they like.

Heaven is not for the poor or rich, but ALL that believes in the finished work of christ.

Jesus made that statement, because riches can make rich men so proud that they will neglect BELIEVING in him.
Re: Can Rich Pastors Make Heaven? by annunaki2(m): 9:07pm On Apr 22, 2016
promise101:

Go and ask Jesus that!

Jesus never got supporters from his town, so what's your point exactly?

And how many countries did Jesus go to preach his gospel That aside most of the foreign trips these so called preachers do is to go and preach to existing christians in their churches or crusades that they are invited to. They NEVER go for the purpose of preaching to the unreached. So essentially their jolly rides add no value to the body of christ.
Re: Can Rich Pastors Make Heaven? by Amberon11: 2:10pm On Apr 23, 2016
The grace perverts are Here. they see nothing wrong in their pastors owning five private jets while the vast majority of their church members live in abject poverty because they feel "we are saved by grace".
Re: Can Rich Pastors Make Heaven? by annunaki2(m): 2:20pm On Apr 23, 2016
There is nothing wrong with a pastor being rich if the wealth is from the sweat of his labour but if his wealth is from the church then there is everything wrong with it. The bible is strongly against making religion a money making venture.

(1) (Reply)

Duas Prayers For Ramadan Kareem / Federal Sars Arrests Journalist, Lawyer For Planning To Blackmail Odm Bishop / There Is No Spot In You - Joseph Prince

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.