Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,356 members, 7,829,900 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 01:24 PM

Unrepentant Impostor Re-arrested In Lagos …says Devil Sold The Idea To Him - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Unrepentant Impostor Re-arrested In Lagos …says Devil Sold The Idea To Him (1533 Views)

Air Force Officer Impostor Held In Lagos (photo) / EFCC Impostor Caught Taking N.5m To “kill” A Fraud Case (pictured) / Man On Bail In Cocaine Smuggling Trial Re-Arrested For Heroin Ingestion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Unrepentant Impostor Re-arrested In Lagos …says Devil Sold The Idea To Him by GEW: 6:09pm On Aug 06, 2009
Unrepentant impostor re-arrested in Lagos
…Says devil sold the idea to him
By CHRISTOPHER OJI, MATTHEW DIKE, IFESINACHI OBI and SEUN SOJINUGA
Thursday, August 06, 2009

An unrepentant imposter, who disguised as a woman, going about defrauding men, said it was the devil that sold the business idea to him.

The suspect, Uche Okoro, had been claiming to be the Super Falcons skipper, Perpetual Nkwocha, and using same to fleece unsuspecting men of their hard earned money.

Uche Okoro, 19, from Umuahia, Abia State, was alleged to have duped many victims, who usually mistook him for the female soccer star. The suspect was arrested in Lagos sometime ago over similar offence but he refused to quit. After he was re-arrested and taken to the state headquarters Oduduwa Ikeja, Lagos, to face interrogation. The police spokesman, Mr. Frank Mba was inundated with several phone calls from Okoro’s victims.

Each caller had one tale of woes or the other to tell about how they fell prey to the suspect’s antics
A victim, who identified himself as Felix Anabrabra, narrated how Okoro stole his N23,000 and a Nokia handset in a hotel, where he took him (her?) to catch some fun. Anabrabra had mistaken him for a lady.

. The victim told Mba that he met Okoro last month dressed in female attire and introduced himself as Perpetual Nkwocha.

Anabrabra, who called from Port-Harcourt described the imposter to be a striking semblance of Perpetual Nkwocha, saying he had no reason to doubt him.
The victim disclosed that they met at Best Bite Fast Food, after which Okoro invited him to his hotel room in Angis Hotel.

He said in the hotel room, the suspect brought out an album containing photographs of some celebrities, where he posed as a female with them.
The pictures included those of a popular actress, Eucharia Anunobi, Super Eagles striker, Mikel Obi, Super Falcons striker, Perpetual Nkwocha, among others.
Anabrabra explained that after looking at the photographs, he was deceived into believing that Okoro was Perpetual Nkwocha.

He said: “After convincing his guest , Okoro told him he was searching for a life partner as his fiancé, Mikel Obi, had jilted her.”

The victim said the suspect deceived him into proposing to marry ‘her’. “I was happy that Perpetual was proposing to me but at the same time , I was skeptical, as I had nothing to have attracted a celebrity like Perpetual to marry me”.

He said along the line , Perpetual hoodwinked him and succeeded in stealing N23,000 and Nokia handset from him.

A senior police officer from the Ikeja Airport Command, Lagos, was among those that stormed Oduduwa police, where the suspect was undergoing interrogation. He also told how the fake Perpetual was arrested over similar offence in the past.

He said the case was still pending in the court and described Okoro as an unrepentant impostor.
Another man, who claimed to be a receptionist in a hotel at Yaba, Lagos, where he [Okoro] lodged also stormed Oduduwa police to catch a glimpse of the man, who deceived the staff and management of the hotel into believing that he was Nkwocha.

He said: “ She told us that she was Perpetual Nkwocha and that she just arrived from Sweden. We had no reason to doubt him as he was dressed in a female attire”.
The receptionist disclosed how the suspect checked into the hotel and deposited the sum of N8,000. According to him, Okoro said he would stay in the hotel for two days but later abandoned his luggage in the hotel room and left the following day.

The management of the hotel was said to have reported the matter at Sabo Police Division.
The alleged imposter was said to have been arrested at Mushin, Lagos, where he was also impersonating Perpetual Nkwocha.

Unknown to him, he was actually talking to Perpetual Nkwocha’s cousin.
The suspect , who later spoke with Daily Sun said: “I have regretted my action because I now know that the devil does not give good ideas. See the disgrace that I am now subjected to.” Explaing how he super-imposed his photographs in the pictures of the stars, he said, “it is very simple, I did the photo trick in Oluwole area of Lagos. I just told them to super-impose me with the photographs of the celebrities.”

The suspect also claimed to be a footballer, who played for Delta Feeders Football Club. He said he also acted in a movies entitled, “ Oganigwe” and “Angel part 2.”
He disclosed that he usually wore 15 pants to get the shape of a female and tucked in his private to prevent it from being exposed.

Mr. Frank Mba, who paraded the suspect also displayed some of his property recovered from the hotel. Among them was a box containing his female attires .They included, assorted trousers ,blouses, female shoes, hand bags, jewelry, photo album, among others. The police spokesman said the suspect would soon be charged to court.

Re: Unrepentant Impostor Re-arrested In Lagos …says Devil Sold The Idea To Him by Recognise: 8:48pm On Aug 06, 2009
The maga-mugus . . .

grin[b] ROTFL grin[/b]
Re: Unrepentant Impostor Re-arrested In Lagos …says Devil Sold The Idea To Him by GEW: 8:43am On Aug 07, 2009
Recognise:

The maga-mugus . . .

grin[b] ROTFL grin[/b]

it is amazing how criminally wicked people have become
Re: Unrepentant Impostor Re-arrested In Lagos …says Devil Sold The Idea To Him by Rebarobyn: 8:52am On Aug 07, 2009
Recognise:

The maga-mugus . . .

grin[b] ROTFL grin[/b]

until we rid ourselves of the selfish mentality that those who get duped are stupid and deal with the perpetrators, we will never clear our image in this country, it will only get worse. Not all those who get defrauded are greedy, some of them only try to be helpful, its unfortunate we turn around and call them fools!
Re: Unrepentant Impostor Re-arrested In Lagos …says Devil Sold The Idea To Him by GEW: 8:59am On Aug 07, 2009
Rebarobyn:

until we rid ourselves of the selfish mentality that those who get duped are stupid and deal with the perpetrators, we will never clear our image in this country, it will only get worse. Not all those who get defrauded are greedy, some of them only try to be helpful, its unfortunate we turn around and call them fools!
i agree with you but these ones na ashewo dem want sleep with.
Re: Unrepentant Impostor Re-arrested In Lagos …says Devil Sold The Idea To Him by Rebarobyn: 9:39am On Aug 07, 2009
GEW:

Explaing how he super-imposed his photographs in the pictures of the stars, he said, “it is very simple, I did the photo trick in Oluwole area of Lagos. I just told them to super-impose me with the photographs of the celebrities.”

I don't get it, why does this oluwole still exist? the govt has known for ages that most document fraud and forgery are perpetrated here, why is it so difficult to rid Nigeria of these "geniuses-turned-evil" or find some positive use for them?
Re: Unrepentant Impostor Re-arrested In Lagos …says Devil Sold The Idea To Him by kshow1(m): 10:43am On Aug 07, 2009
Rebarobyn:

I don't get it, why does this oluwole still exist? the govt has known for ages that most document fraud and forgery are perpetrated here, why is it so difficult to rid Nigeria of these "geniuses-turned-evil" or find some positive use for them?

Oluwole has been leveled by the govt. but the people still carry out their activities from another corner.
Re: Unrepentant Impostor Re-arrested In Lagos …says Devil Sold The Idea To Him by GEW: 12:38pm On Aug 11, 2009
kshow1:

Oluwole has been leveled by the govt. but the people still carry out their activities from another corner.
sad
Re: Unrepentant Impostor Re-arrested In Lagos …says Devil Sold The Idea To Him by showbobo(m): 7:19am On Aug 20, 2009
LWKMD
Re: Unrepentant Impostor Re-arrested In Lagos …says Devil Sold The Idea To Him by TheSourcerer: 12:35pm On May 30, 2020
What ended this story please?

Love from the future . ♥️♥️
Re: Unrepentant Impostor Re-arrested In Lagos …says Devil Sold The Idea To Him by TheSourcerer: 12:36pm On May 30, 2020
GEW:
it is amazing how criminally wicked people have become
it's worse now in the future now they kill their victims and rob their bank account of millions , this one just stole thousands

(1) (Reply)

Shocking! Two Half-n*ked Women Fight Dirty Inside Taxi (photos) / BREAKING NEWS: This Message Is For People Living In And Around Ikorodu / Nigerians Fall For Loom (another Ponzi Scheme) Despite Losing Billions To MMM

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.