Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,618 members, 7,809,270 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:05 AM

Man On Bail In Cocaine Smuggling Trial Re-Arrested For Heroin Ingestion - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Man On Bail In Cocaine Smuggling Trial Re-Arrested For Heroin Ingestion (8797 Views)

NDLEA Arrests A Bricklayer For Cocaine Smuggling / Edwin Ozoani Dies Of Cocaine Ingestion / Nigerian Set New Heroin Ingestion Record: 2.155kg! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Man On Bail In Cocaine Smuggling Trial Re-Arrested For Heroin Ingestion by elctroguru(m): 5:47am On Sep 08, 2013
The National Drug Law Enforcement Agency (NDLEA) has arrested a man who has been facing trial for cocaine smuggling at a Lagos High Court for possession of heroin.

Nnaemeka Anayo, 36, was re-arrested at the Murtala Mohammed International Airport, Lagos, for testing positive to heroin ingestion during the inward screening of passengers on an Etihad flight from Pakistan, last weekend.

In a statement, Friday, the NDLEA said that Mr. Anayo excreted 1.802 kilogramme of the narcotic.

"Preliminary investigation indicated that the suspect excreted some of the drugs in the flight," said the statement signed by Mitchell Ofoyeju, the agency's Spokesperson.

Mr. Anayo was first arrested in August 2009 with 1.796 kilogrammes cocaine on his way from Brazil, the alleged crime for which he is still facing trial.

"In 2009, Nnaemeka was caught with Nigeria international passport number A00052663 while in 2013 he was caught with another Nigeria passport number A02349133.

"It was also gathered that the suspect was recruited to smuggle drug for a fee of N4 million," the NDLEA stated.

According to the agency, the suspect, in his confessional statement, blamed his involvement in drug trafficking on unemployment.

"I am long overdue to be married but I have no wife. I know what I did is bad but it is due to unemployment," Mr. Anayo said in his statement.

"I was first arrested in 2009 when I went to Brazil to smuggle cocaine. When I came out on bail, there was no job for me to do.

"Although my case with the NDLEA is pending in court, I decided to try again hoping that I might be lucky.

"This time around they promised to pay me N4 million. My intention was to settle down because I want to be working rather than staying idle. I am still single at my age. It is not that I do not want to be married but there is no money and no job," Mr. Anayo added.

The NDLEA said that Mr. Anayo excreted a total of 100 wraps of heroin.

"While searching his luggage, some wraps of the drug which he excreted on the flight were found on him," the agency added.

Ahmadu Giade, NDLEA CHAIRMAN, called for stiffer penalties for drug offenders.

"The agency will continue to press for stiffer penalties for drug trafficking," Mr. Giade said.

"In criminal justice, unless punishment is certain and commensurate to the crime committed, offenders will always be attracted by the financial incentives, he added.

http://allafrica.com/stories/201309070222.html
Re: Man On Bail In Cocaine Smuggling Trial Re-Arrested For Heroin Ingestion by REMMEI(m): 7:46am On Sep 08, 2013
So what should 'i' blame?..smh!
Re: Man On Bail In Cocaine Smuggling Trial Re-Arrested For Heroin Ingestion by fineworker24(m): 1:12pm On Sep 08, 2013
Too bad he choose the path of destruction. No thanks to our so governments that are not helping matters.
Re: Man On Bail In Cocaine Smuggling Trial Re-Arrested For Heroin Ingestion by martinseme: 1:13pm On Sep 08, 2013
he shouldnt do it again
Re: Man On Bail In Cocaine Smuggling Trial Re-Arrested For Heroin Ingestion by Nobody: 1:13pm On Sep 08, 2013
Old habits die Hard undecided

2 Likes

Re: Man On Bail In Cocaine Smuggling Trial Re-Arrested For Heroin Ingestion by Nobody: 1:14pm On Sep 08, 2013
he did what he gotta do
Re: Man On Bail In Cocaine Smuggling Trial Re-Arrested For Heroin Ingestion by Nobody: 1:16pm On Sep 08, 2013
sip easy
Re: Man On Bail In Cocaine Smuggling Trial Re-Arrested For Heroin Ingestion by nairaman66(m): 1:16pm On Sep 08, 2013
The more stiffer the penalties.. The more greater the cash incentives! Listen to the man's message.. "Create Jobs" grin

4 Likes

Re: Man On Bail In Cocaine Smuggling Trial Re-Arrested For Heroin Ingestion by Mannylex(m): 1:19pm On Sep 08, 2013
Disgusting... Even if he is freed once again, he would repeat the same thing. Desperate to get rich by all means without partaking in legal jobs.
Re: Man On Bail In Cocaine Smuggling Trial Re-Arrested For Heroin Ingestion by nairaman66(m): 1:19pm On Sep 08, 2013
spongeback: Old habits die Hard undecided

You mean like "Runs Gyals" ??

1 Like

Re: Man On Bail In Cocaine Smuggling Trial Re-Arrested For Heroin Ingestion by opiscoal(m): 1:20pm On Sep 08, 2013
ibegi!!!! d guy tried na.. it's not easy, nxt tym,don't ingest alone ooo,wait let it digest b4 u tk off...
Re: Man On Bail In Cocaine Smuggling Trial Re-Arrested For Heroin Ingestion by toyeoye(m): 1:20pm On Sep 08, 2013
GREED GREED GREED

1 Like

Re: Man On Bail In Cocaine Smuggling Trial Re-Arrested For Heroin Ingestion by rozayx5(m): 1:21pm On Sep 08, 2013
waiting for the tribalists to come in lipsrsealed

2 Likes

Re: Man On Bail In Cocaine Smuggling Trial Re-Arrested For Heroin Ingestion by nairaman66(m): 1:21pm On Sep 08, 2013
Mannylex: Disgusting... Even if he is freed once again, he would repeat the same thing. Desperate to get rich by all means without partaking in legal jobs.

What legal jobs are you talking bout? Oh.. I remember now, the ones that exists only on National Dailies!

1 Like

Re: Man On Bail In Cocaine Smuggling Trial Re-Arrested For Heroin Ingestion by delors(m): 1:23pm On Sep 08, 2013
elctroguru: Nnaemeka Anayo, 36, was re-arrested at the Murtala Mohammed International Airport, Lagos, for testing positive to heroin ingestion during the inward screening of passengers on an Etihad flight from Pakistan, last weekend. In a statement, Friday, the NDLEA said that Mr. Anayo excreted 1.802 kilogramme of the narcotic
Unrepentant ewu!

3 Likes

Re: Man On Bail In Cocaine Smuggling Trial Re-Arrested For Heroin Ingestion by AbdulAdam56(m): 1:23pm On Sep 08, 2013
Get rich or die trying.never give up dude wink
Re: Man On Bail In Cocaine Smuggling Trial Re-Arrested For Heroin Ingestion by kingarizona(m): 1:24pm On Sep 08, 2013
LAST-BOMB -Although my case with the NDLEA is pending in court, I decided to try again hoping that I might be lucky .... You have a pending case with NDLEA and you decided to try again,
Nwanne I love your Faith cheesycheesycheesy but its so unfortunate that u didn't make it this time.
This is what baba FELA calls Double wahala for dead body gringringrin.
Please after you u overcome this, keep trying......u'll surely get there.

Breathe in,
Breathe out...
#fresh_air# gringringrin

1 Like

Re: Man On Bail In Cocaine Smuggling Trial Re-Arrested For Heroin Ingestion by dareyking(m): 1:25pm On Sep 08, 2013
Have got 3 set of People....First the Mr mugunus i making himslf vunerable to sweet coated idiots that keep confusing is life wit Money...Secondly i blame the airport security he was nt cut during searching but while on board the Flight...Lastly i blame the Fg or Past Leaders who left wat they supposed to do buh rather always create White Elephant Project for Us...Darelee Nairalee..
Re: Man On Bail In Cocaine Smuggling Trial Re-Arrested For Heroin Ingestion by sinadex: 1:26pm On Sep 08, 2013
jackbauersballs:

He is a Lagosian trust me. He owns most of the properties in Lagos and runs all the markets.

He is a true Lagosian
is he your neighbour coz u ar sounding too confirming
Re: Man On Bail In Cocaine Smuggling Trial Re-Arrested For Heroin Ingestion by Nobody: 1:27pm On Sep 08, 2013
The thread is dead on arrival.
Re: Man On Bail In Cocaine Smuggling Trial Re-Arrested For Heroin Ingestion by nekaa(f): 1:32pm On Sep 08, 2013
I don't have tu read before I drop my comment the guy is an un repentant modafquka

3 Likes

Re: Man On Bail In Cocaine Smuggling Trial Re-Arrested For Heroin Ingestion by condralbede(m): 1:34pm On Sep 08, 2013
Kairoseki77:

You were preaching end time, but are now complaining that the mods delivered you the apocalypse.

Repent!
Repent from what sin broo?I see no harm to any Nairaland member for saying that.meanwhile it's a free world we all r entitled to our own opinions.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

13 Years Old Boy Killed In Buccaneer And Eiye Cult War In Lagos - PHOTOS / Sexual Abuse In Nigeria / FCT, Ekiti, Adamawa, Imo, Six Others Get New Police Commissioners

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.