Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,175 members, 7,821,982 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:32 PM

Withdraw From Saraki’s Trial, Eminent Lawyers Advise Umar - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Withdraw From Saraki’s Trial, Eminent Lawyers Advise Umar (32754 Views)

Solomon Adeola's Birthday Cake From Saraki, As Yayi Celebrates 47th Bithday / N300million Goes Missing From Saraki's Bedroom - Sahara Reporter / Justice Kafarati Withdraws From Saraki's Suit To Stop Trial (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Withdraw From Saraki’s Trial, Eminent Lawyers Advise Umar by Nobody: 6:02pm On Apr 23, 2016
it really so annoying to b a nigerian,,we d suffering masses aint helpin ourselves @all,,,saraki is nt even tryin to prove innocent or y is a man stalling judgement wit all manners of xcuse if nt guilty..eni o je gbi o le ku gbi ,,.then u see poor nigerian youth cum online start defending politician dt wil crush u wit dem convoy if u no clear in time..."dey no send us" or "wu dey epp"...politicians stand 2geda regardless of there parties they divide us because of d hungry ones amidst us ,,,they r here..it time we masses knw we r on our own n fight dis corrupt leader in one voice then dt change we voted 4 we cum ..istand4wat beta naija future..no sides
Re: Withdraw From Saraki’s Trial, Eminent Lawyers Advise Umar by Arabs999: 6:19pm On Apr 23, 2016
DickDastardly:

Fair is fair and you are right, but will they spare you or even listen? We can only watch what the country has become undecided
*ringside things*

...OP, once again, u have made a point..

..Wuruwuru everywhere...Our Father land is in trouble...
Re: Withdraw From Saraki’s Trial, Eminent Lawyers Advise Umar by highpappy: 6:27pm On Apr 23, 2016
The journey to a stable and fair democracy with viable economy and development is rough. The almighty USA maimed, seized and stole before before they get where they are today. The US might not have been this powerful and envy of all nations what if there was no slavery. And that's up for a debate.

But the point is, if what it takes for Nigeria to be great again, where all these selfish and thiefing politicians are contained to some extent, is uruhuhu type of judgment, am all for it.

And by the way Justice Alfa Belgore is from Kwara state and we all know who Saraki is, so go figure.
Re: Withdraw From Saraki’s Trial, Eminent Lawyers Advise Umar by Kiakia(m): 6:57pm On Apr 23, 2016
This was a communique issued by the so called eminent lawyers in March. A journalist, probably on the payroll of Senator Saraki, raked up the story again this April inorder to whip up unnecessary sentiments for the embattled senator. The Supreme Court has ruled that CCT has the requisite jurisdiction to try Senator Saraki on false assets declaration offences. The eminent lawyers so called should live with it! Justice Danladi Umar has no reason to recuse himself from adjudicating on the matter involving the defendant, and is not likely to do so, anyways. CCT is not the final court in this instance. If the tribunal finds Saraki guilty of the offences he is charged with, he has options of appeal up to the Supreme Court. So, what is all the hulla baloo about? Why is Saraki's case so important to this "eminent lawyers?" Is he the only person being tried by the tribunal at the moment? Graft is a terrible thing. It makes otherwise reasonable men sound unreasonable! This is unfortunate.
Re: Withdraw From Saraki’s Trial, Eminent Lawyers Advise Umar by Kiakia(m): 7:11pm On Apr 23, 2016
odikimi:

Thank you for your apt respond. I said it the day Umar behaved that way. It was a plan on Saraki's part, but Umar fell for it. It was a plan to let him act against the principle of fair hearing and he wasn't smart enough to caution himself.
I can bet you that Saraki will win at the supreme court because of this lack of fair hearing. Umar fell for the shenanigans
Justice Umar did not fall for any shenanigan. He was perfectly right to reject the hearing of that vexatious motion which impugned on his integrity. The plan of the defence team to destabilise proceedings of that day did not work for them. That so called SAN was lucky that Justice Umar did not cite him for contempt in facie curiae and sentenced him accordingly. He showed absolute disrespect to the tribunal presided over by a judge.
Re: Withdraw From Saraki’s Trial, Eminent Lawyers Advise Umar by poseidon12: 12:32am On Apr 24, 2016
odikimi:

pls sir, I think I hate the man Saraki more than you. You won't know what I am saying, but this is the reason I decided to be a lawyer. There is what is called presumption of innocence that is why, those BH people are referred to as suspects. It pains my heart that fair trial seems alien to u guys. I hate violation of fair hearing. It could happen to you one day when you have issue with rich man.

You have to realize that the level of illiteracy in Nigeria is very high. Those supporting judicial rascality are digging their own judicial grave without realizing it.
Re: Withdraw From Saraki’s Trial, Eminent Lawyers Advise Umar by blackpanda: 4:56am On Apr 24, 2016
[s]
Eluwilussit:

A few days ago, it was reportedly claimed that the judge had reached an agreement with Saraki to favour him with his judgment, until a "top security goon" confronted the judge with some evidence of his deal with Saraki. It was also claimed that the judge was blackmailed by the security personnel into working against Saraki to save his neck and career.

Going by that particular account, how is the judge not completely compromised? How can he ever be fair to Saraki? Why was the judge not arrested and the case used against him and Saraki? You don't save a corrupt judge to nail a corrupt politician and turn around and claim that you are fighting corruption.

That judge should resign and be arrested and prosecuted. The "top goon " should be investigated as well. We are doing a clean up exercise and should be sincere and ethical about it.

If you know anything about how the legal system operates, you will know that Saraki has already been proclaimed guilty, which is wrong. Let the courts decide. The constitution should be followed and the appropriate court should handle this case. We are talking about the Senate President of Nigeria. At this rate, we will fast degenerate into a dictatorship.
[/s]

What sort of horseshit is this

Where did u get ur ridiculous lies from?? Abeg rest! Saraki is a known thief and criminal. This is not use. Stop looking for silly ways to spin your spurious claims
Re: Withdraw From Saraki’s Trial, Eminent Lawyers Advise Umar by Eluwilussit(m): 6:10am On Apr 24, 2016
blackpanda:
[s][/s]

What sort of horseshit is this

Where did u get ur ridiculous lies from?? Abeg rest! Saraki is a known thief and criminal. This is not use. Stop looking for silly ways to spin your spurious claims

You are so pathetic and petty. Nobody is saying that Saraki isn't a thief or that he's a saint. Nope. Stop playing to the gallery and face the truth and the crux of the topic. Stop pandering to the majority. Saraki can only be proven guilty by a competent court of law and never by you or your likes.
Re: Withdraw From Saraki’s Trial, Eminent Lawyers Advise Umar by blackpanda: 6:13am On Apr 24, 2016
Eluwilussit:

You are so pathetic and petty. Nobody is saying that Saraki isn't a thief or that he's a saint. Nope. Stop playing to the gallery and face the truth and the crux of the topic. Stop pandering to the majority. Saraki can only be proven guilty by a competent court of law and never by you or your likes.

Newsflash: me and my likes are not the ones trying saraki. Duh! He is being tried by a competent court and the Supreme court has said the trial MUST go on.

It is u and your likes that like deluding yourselves, trying to garner public pity to support a criminal!
Re: Withdraw From Saraki’s Trial, Eminent Lawyers Advise Umar by Rainmaker2016: 6:27am On Apr 24, 2016
Eminent personalities, SAN my foot. Obviously gathered in a conference of vultures to once again distract a train of justice. Nigeria constitution is often a document of manipulation by those in the corridors of power against the commoners. We NEED A REVOLUTION. period.
Re: Withdraw From Saraki’s Trial, Eminent Lawyers Advise Umar by prof12(m): 7:04am On Apr 24, 2016
Do all these people siding this unrepentant thief called Saraki and his empire of first class thieves are doing is in the interest of Nigeria or Nigerians?
If you think that it is for your own interest, then you people are still living in your mums wombs.
Moreover, when these bastards were busy looting did they ever thought about fair hearing or did they observe the rule of LAW?
Re: Withdraw From Saraki’s Trial, Eminent Lawyers Advise Umar by BERNIMOORE: 1:50pm On Apr 24, 2016
omonnakoda:
I am saying the court has has ruled and Saraki can appeal. My opinion just like yours is totally irrelevant. If the law was so clear there would be no need for courts. The procedure is to finish at the lower court and then seek redress later
The judge DISMISSED the motion whether rightly or wrongly that is for Only a higher court to pronounce
you are responding to a post below;

odikimi:

So you were thought before the court dismiss the motion it shouldn't give the applicant right of audience? well, let me ignore your insults.

and the point raised was to give the applicant right of audience before dismissing the application.

you dont even know that yelling at a legal practitional and refusing him audience is a breach of fundamental right, that on its own disqualifies the judge handling the same case or being queried and summoned by the NJC. but as it is now it seems there is a script that umar is playing and the NJC are not to do their statutory duties

sec 8(1) legal practitional act;

''a legal practitioner shall have the right of audience in all courts of law sitting in Nigeria''.

1 Like

Re: Withdraw From Saraki’s Trial, Eminent Lawyers Advise Umar by omonnakoda: 2:04pm On Apr 24, 2016
BERNIMOORE:
you are responding to a post below;

and the point raised was to give the applicant right of audience before dismissing the application.

you dont even know that yelling at a legal practitional and refusing him audience is a breach of fundamental right, that on its own disqualifies the judge handling the same case or being queried and summoned by the NJC. but as it is now it seems there is a script that umar is playing and the NJC are not to do their statutory duties

sec 8(1) legal practitional act;

''a legal practitioner shall have the right of audience in all courts of law sitting in Nigeria''.

Please stop talking nonsense. Who is talking about right of audience . What is audience and what has that got to do with what we were discussing?

We were discussing a motion which was DISMISSED
You have to wait till the judge gives his final judgment before we can say he heard a motion or did not hear it. That is settled law in Nigeria . Go and see
Newswatch v Atta

There still remains a point and it is the refusal of the learned trial Judge to hear counsel move the motion. Can that vitiate or nullify the decision of the learned trial Judge? I think not. Although the learned trial Judge did not formally hear counsel on the motion, he really considered it in the judgment and came to a conclusion that I cannot fault. In my view, there is no miscarriage of justice by not formally hearing the counsel in the peculiar circumstance of this case, and the peculiar circumstance is that the learned trial Judge thoroughly considered the motion and gave a brilliant judgment which I cannot fault.

NIKI TOBI JSC
Re: Withdraw From Saraki’s Trial, Eminent Lawyers Advise Umar by odikimi: 2:09pm On Apr 24, 2016
omonnakoda:
The most funniest? to bet you or with you ,not your trait?
I am embarrassed for you
Good English is never laboured or contrived,it is natural while your offering is excruciating to read. You just bombard us shamelessly with solecism after solecism and are not remorseful in the slightest!!
Honestly you should just retire because your English is atrocious and yes you are a parvenu. A word you just learnt today. I can see it rankles deeply but you are what you are

You can carry on with your retrograde amnesia as I do not have the
grace to cure you of your mental disease.
Re: Withdraw From Saraki’s Trial, Eminent Lawyers Advise Umar by omonnakoda: 2:14pm On Apr 24, 2016
odikimi:

You can carry on with your retrograde amnesia as I do not have the
grace to cure you of your mental disease.
Is this some kind of face saving gesture. I see you are now restricting yourself to short sentences,very astute,I must say. Your solecisms are uncontrollable if you write anything longer.

"Most Funniest" is just bad English even my 5 year old boy knows better
Re: Withdraw From Saraki’s Trial, Eminent Lawyers Advise Umar by odikimi: 2:27pm On Apr 24, 2016
omonnakoda:
Is this some kind of face saving gesture. I see you are now restricting yourself to short sentences,very astute,I must say. Your solecisms are uncontrollable if you write anything longer.

"Most Funniest" is just bad English even my 5 year old boy knows better

I would say "funniest" myself, but "most funniest" is not the stupidest phrase I've ever heard. May be it is the stupidest you have heard.
I feel totally disinterested in this whole conversation, but wait. If you think I have
terribly chronic grammar problems, there’s hope. You can help me become a
grammatical whiz in 25 sentences or less. I might say this is the ultimate guide to
becoming a wordsmith.
Basically, I only have one advice: read this carefully. Stop quarreling with people because they have diverse view.
Once you comprehend it, you’ll farther your career and social life. You may even say that this is
an historical event in your life. Irregardless of where you are now on your word abuse
journey, you can change. Hopefully , you’ll change for the better. You might say it’s
one small step towards becoming a better person.
Re: Withdraw From Saraki’s Trial, Eminent Lawyers Advise Umar by Eluwilussit(m): 2:44pm On Apr 24, 2016
blackpanda:

Newsflash: me and my likes are not the ones trying saraki. Duh! He is being tried by a competent court and the Supreme court has said the trial MUST go on.

It is u and your likes that like deluding yourselves, trying to garner public pity to support a criminal!

You are missing the whole point. I am not saying that the cct isn't competent. All I am saying is that until Saraki is proven guilty, he's innocent. There has been a case where a chief police officer called a suspect a criminal and told the press that he was sure the police had the right man, instead of a suspect, just after the arrest. Trust me, there was a huge public outcry. The chief had to resign.

We should avoid trying and condemning people on the net or press. Whether Saraki is guilty or not, is left for a competent court of law to determine. Isn't it very simple to you? See, my in laws lost millions to their bank but that's not what this case is all about. Even if it were, I would still allow the courts to decide. Simple.
Re: Withdraw From Saraki’s Trial, Eminent Lawyers Advise Umar by omonnakoda: 2:54pm On Apr 24, 2016
odikimi:

I would say "funniest" myself, but "most funniest" is not the stupidest phrase I've ever heard. May be it is the stupidest you have heard.
I feel totally disinterested in this whole conversation, but wait. If you think I have
terribly chronic grammar problems, there’s hope. You can help me become a
grammatical whiz in 25 sentences or less. I might say this is the ultimate guide to
becoming a wordsmith.
Basically, I only have one advice: read this carefully. Stop quarreling with people because they have diverse view.
Once you comprehend it, you’ll farther your career and social life. You may even say that this is
an historical event in your life. Irregardless of where you are now on your word abuse
journey, you can change. Hopefully , you’ll change for the better. You might say it’s
one small step towards becoming a better person.
Lol it is impossible for you to write two paragraphs without releasing embarrassing solecisms. That is why I called you a parvenu.You just cannot hide your roots.
"FARTHER" is not a verb so one furthers not farthers one's career etc. I gave you simple advice ,go and buy a good textbook of English Grammar so YOU can FURTHER your career

1 Like

Re: Withdraw From Saraki’s Trial, Eminent Lawyers Advise Umar by BERNIMOORE: 2:56pm On Apr 24, 2016
You have just Quoted (OOC) out of Context, below and it if fatal;

omonnakoda:
Please stop talking nonsense. Who is talking about right of audience . What is audience and what has that got to do with what we were discussing?

We were discussing a motion which was DISMISSED
You have to wait till the judge gives his final judgment before we can say he heard a motion or did not hear it. That is settled law in Nigeria . Go and see
Newswatch v Atta

There still remains a point and it is the refusal of the learned trial Judge to hear counsel move the motion. Can that vitiate or nullify the decision of the learned trial Judge? I think not. Although the learned trial Judge did not formally hear counsel on the motion, he really considered it in the judgment and came to a conclusion that I cannot fault. In my view, there is no miscarriage of justice by not formally hearing the counsel in the peculiar circumstance of this case, and the peculiar circumstance is that the learned trial Judge thoroughly considered the motion and gave a brilliant judgment which I cannot fault.

NIKI TOBI JSC

kindly post the link of the case above here, or paste the whole Ruling. expecting that pls.

1 Like

Re: Withdraw From Saraki’s Trial, Eminent Lawyers Advise Umar by omonnakoda: 2:59pm On Apr 24, 2016
BERNIMOORE:
You have just Quoted (OOC) out of Context, below and it if fatal;

kindly post the link of the case above here, or paste the whole Ruling. expecting that pls.
Because I joined your family payroll when? get out of my face
Re: Withdraw From Saraki’s Trial, Eminent Lawyers Advise Umar by odikimi: 3:02pm On Apr 24, 2016
omonnakoda:
Lol it is impossible for you to write two paragraphs without releasing embarrassing solecisms. That is why I called you a parvenu.You just cannot hide your roots.
"FARTHER" is not a verb so one furthers not farthers one's career etc. I gave you simple advice ,go and buy a good textbook of English Grammar so YOU can FURTHER your career
Keep ranting, to me you are constituting nuisance.
For your information, I am not writing brief so I see no reason why I should off my auto spelling.
Re: Withdraw From Saraki’s Trial, Eminent Lawyers Advise Umar by omonnakoda: 3:06pm On Apr 24, 2016
odikimi:

Keep ranting, to me you are constituting nuisance.
For your information, I am not writing brief so I see no reason why I should off my auto spelling.
Brighter Grammar
Re: Withdraw From Saraki’s Trial, Eminent Lawyers Advise Umar by odikimi: 3:23pm On Apr 24, 2016
omonnakoda:
Brighter Grammar
I quarrel not with far-off foes, but with those who, near at home.
You are inclined to press a quarrel with almost everyone here?
"Chingate guey" dude.
Re: Withdraw From Saraki’s Trial, Eminent Lawyers Advise Umar by blackpanda: 3:39pm On Apr 24, 2016
Eluwilussit:

You are missing the whole point. I am not saying that the cct isn't competent. All I am saying is that until Saraki is proven guilty, he's innocent. There has been a case where a chief police officer called a suspect a criminal and told the press that he was sure the police had the right man, instead of a suspect, just after the arrest. Trust me, there was a huge public outcry. The chief had to resign.

We should avoid trying and condemning people on the net or press. Whether Saraki is guilty or not, is left for a competent court of law to determine. Isn't it very simple to you? See, my in laws lost millions to their bank but that's not what this case is all about. Even if it were, I would still allow the courts to decide. Simple.

The only person preventing adjudication by a court of competent jurisdiction is saraki and his lawyers. They have thrown everything at their disposal to destroy this case. Saraki is still presumed innocent, but is trying desperately to obstruct justice.
My point is, he shld face the try and quit the ridiculous charades!
Re: Withdraw From Saraki’s Trial, Eminent Lawyers Advise Umar by odikimi: 11:34pm On Apr 24, 2016
omonnakoda:
Mr. man, why are you vituperating and pontificating like a child whose toy was snatched?!

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Portable Sings Tribute To Late Queen Elizabeth Of England (Video) / Osun Indigenes Jubilate After Supreme Court Upheld Gov. Adeleke Win (pics/video) / Buhari Arrives London On Charm Offensive - Newsweek London

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.