Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,191 members, 7,822,014 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:30 AM

Withdraw From Saraki’s Trial, Eminent Lawyers Advise Umar - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Withdraw From Saraki’s Trial, Eminent Lawyers Advise Umar (32756 Views)

Solomon Adeola's Birthday Cake From Saraki, As Yayi Celebrates 47th Bithday / N300million Goes Missing From Saraki's Bedroom - Sahara Reporter / Justice Kafarati Withdraws From Saraki's Suit To Stop Trial (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Withdraw From Saraki’s Trial, Eminent Lawyers Advise Umar by Bovis(m): 2:45pm On Apr 23, 2016
Osgilliat:

As a lawyer. You are seeing Saraki as being maltreated using the law. As a citizen we are seeing a crook and a thief that needs to be hang so please don't judge us that we are not a fan of your profession.
The politicians use the stolen money to buy judges and lawyers. As you can see your proffession people following him to court to defend the thief. You and I know so well that if Uman stepped down, Saraki will win this case. He have a lot of money to buy a country.

These politician play dirty and to catch a pig like Saraki you have to get yourself muddy even before you start chasing the pig. That's what Uman is doing. Please let him do this for the sake of Nigerians. We need a big fish as scape goat to send message to the looters.

There is nothing like a fair hearing if you want to catch this looters they are politically wise they will always find a means to undo you.

Whenever we have change in government at the federal level, they won't hesitate to probe the past administration. That's a lesson for them all.

Excellent!
In addition, it's a bit too late to change Umar, due to the complexity of the case. A new judge would have to study/learn the case all over again and the whole process would cause delay

Re: Withdraw From Saraki’s Trial, Eminent Lawyers Advise Umar by qtx(m): 2:46pm On Apr 23, 2016
blackpanda:
And how much did saraki pay to these "eminent lawyers" for their "support"

Anuofias!

Saraki is jail bound whether he like it or yes grin
this is someone speaking with APC government bribery money in his left pocket and some in the wallet. I suspect you.
Re: Withdraw From Saraki’s Trial, Eminent Lawyers Advise Umar by odikimi: 2:51pm On Apr 23, 2016
omonnakoda:
Defending? You seem to have serious problems with the English language. How am I defending him? Yes Saraki is well within his rights to go to higher courts. I have no problem with that. The court is not bound to do anything because counsel says so. The decision of the court is final and the only redress is higher courts
Mr. English Man, pls refer me to the position and the law that says a judge has right to hear and not to hear certain applications.
Please read what the Supreme Court says on the right of a counsel to be heard when a motion is before the court:
Donatus Ndu v. The State SC 120/1989
Re: Withdraw From Saraki’s Trial, Eminent Lawyers Advise Umar by Bovis(m): 2:51pm On Apr 23, 2016
qtx:

this is someone speaking with APC government bribery money in his left pocket and some in the wallet. I suspect you.

You my friend have posted like someone with PDP looted funds in his wallet grin

1 Like

Re: Withdraw From Saraki’s Trial, Eminent Lawyers Advise Umar by blackpanda: 2:53pm On Apr 23, 2016
ibitzbarlow:

In your eyes and the lot like you, anybody that speaks the truth that exposes the non-compliance of this government and their cronies to the rule of law or due process has been bought or is criminal.
For the good of the country and our future, while we strive to punish those who have walked on the wrong side of the law, we should not disregard the supremacy of the constitution of the land. Saraki may be guilty but he is not until is proven beyond reasonable doubt that he is; hence all his fundamental rights which include his right to fair hearing should be made available to him.
Remember, today is for Saraki but tomorrow may be for any other person. It could be your or me!

This is nothing but an appeal to pity. If saraki wasnt a thief and a liar, there will be nothing to punish him for. So dont come here to solicit support for a criminal!

1 Like

Re: Withdraw From Saraki’s Trial, Eminent Lawyers Advise Umar by omonnakoda: 2:55pm On Apr 23, 2016
odikimi:

Mr. English Man, pls refer me to the position and the law that says a judge has right to hear and not to hear certain applications.
With respect that is a stu pid question. The court heard and dismissed if you disagree appeal if you have nothing reasonable to do with your time go and sleep

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Withdraw From Saraki’s Trial, Eminent Lawyers Advise Umar by collins011(m): 2:56pm On Apr 23, 2016
IamPatriotic:
A quick glance at the names of the "eminent lawyers" should tell one where they're coming from, men of dishonour and apostles of corruption camouflaging as statesmen to act as clogs in the wheel of progress of this government, it won't work, because the Buhari's has the support of the majority of Nigerians, so there's nothing the insignificant 5% and cohorts can do other than living with the fact.

My brother calm down. I can see the level of hate gushing out from your veins yet for this so called "5%" yet you you will rather sink than to let them go on their on. What an irony!
Re: Withdraw From Saraki’s Trial, Eminent Lawyers Advise Umar by blackpanda: 2:57pm On Apr 23, 2016
9jatatafo:

Saraki cannot go to jail for your information. What do you know about the law? CCT is not a competent court of law and has no jusrisdiction to send Saraki to prison.

The Supreme court begs to differ! Just relax and watch as saraki is handcuffed into kuje

1 Like

Re: Withdraw From Saraki’s Trial, Eminent Lawyers Advise Umar by odikimi: 3:03pm On Apr 23, 2016
omonnakoda:
With respect that is a stu pid question. The court heard and dismissed if you disagree appeal if you have nothing reasonable to do with your time go and sleep
Thank Mr. Lawyer. I doubt if you are one because you always resort to name calling and offensive words when you are asked a question. When you asked me to get you citation, I did say I am not with the one you are asking. I provided series of them but you replied on whether you have seen then. I just sent one authority from the supreme court against with citation
Re: Withdraw From Saraki’s Trial, Eminent Lawyers Advise Umar by Eluwilussit(m): 3:03pm On Apr 23, 2016
blackpanda:
And how much did saraki pay to these "eminent lawyers" for their "support"

Anuofias!

Saraki is jail bound whether he like it or yes grin

After reading, this is all you can say? You are biased. I hate Saraki but he deserves fairness. It is his constitutional right. Pls, let's not throw away the tenets of our democracy just because we are fighting corruption. CBN fiasco is still fresh on our minds. grin
Re: Withdraw From Saraki’s Trial, Eminent Lawyers Advise Umar by Eluwilussit(m): 3:08pm On Apr 23, 2016
odikimi:
twisting the course of justice by denial of fair hearing is the highest corruption.

Gbams!
Re: Withdraw From Saraki’s Trial, Eminent Lawyers Advise Umar by daphil: 3:09pm On Apr 23, 2016
[quote author=odikimi post=44966271]
You sound like a learned man, why the resort to insult?
If that is your trait, then I think should stop replying you. When I see a learned man insulting his learned friend because of discrepancy in arguement, I just let go. [/quotde]

E be like say your water don pass your gari! Men without conscience.
Re: Withdraw From Saraki’s Trial, Eminent Lawyers Advise Umar by Bovis(m): 3:09pm On Apr 23, 2016
Eluwilussit:

After reading, this is all you can say? You are biased. I hate Saraki but he deserves fairness. It is his constitutional right. Pls, let's not throw away the tenets of our democracy just because we are fighting corruption. CBN fiasco is still fresh on our minds. grin

My friend it's very obvious to both the blind and deaf that your so called "eminent lawyers" have been compromised by Saratif

1 Like

Re: Withdraw From Saraki’s Trial, Eminent Lawyers Advise Umar by omonnakoda: 3:12pm On Apr 23, 2016
odikimi:

Thank Mr. Lawyer. I doubt if you are one because you always resort to name calling and offensive words when you are asked a question. When you asked me to get you citation, I did say I am not with the one you are asking. I provided series of them but you replied on whether you have seen then. I just sent one authority from the supreme court against with citation
What I am or not ,my biography is irrelevant. Go and look for paid work to do and stop chewing the curd like a ruminant. If Saraki is dissatified those whom he pays very well know what to do. The reason I took you on you have failed to address and are digressing further and further away from that. You made several claims about the judge which you cannot substantiate . You gave a wrong citation which I corrected. That citation is absolutely irrelevant to the argument you were making. I will give you very simple advice. Your English needs to improve.It is inadequate

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Withdraw From Saraki’s Trial, Eminent Lawyers Advise Umar by ckmayoca: 3:18pm On Apr 23, 2016
hassan85:
Check all of them concurring all IPOD lawyers. when PMB said judiciary was his problem they said he cant work well in democracy. Here is another prove of views from educated illiterates. Well its all a fruitile effort.

Bros can u even differentiate names? And may I ask forr full meaning of IPOD?
Re: Withdraw From Saraki’s Trial, Eminent Lawyers Advise Umar by ckmayoca: 3:18pm On Apr 23, 2016
hassan85:
Check all of them concurring all IPOD lawyers. when PMB said judiciary was his problem they said he cant work well in democracy. Here is another prove of views from educated illiterates. Well its all a fruitile effort.

Bros can u even differentiate names? And may I ask forr full mea.ning of IPOD?
Re: Withdraw From Saraki’s Trial, Eminent Lawyers Advise Umar by blackpanda: 3:21pm On Apr 23, 2016
Eluwilussit:

And how has he been denied fairness Before you blab without thinking. What is so unfair about his trial?

1 Like

Re: Withdraw From Saraki’s Trial, Eminent Lawyers Advise Umar by odikimi: 3:32pm On Apr 23, 2016
omonnakoda:
What I am or not ,my biography is irrelevant. Go and look for paid work to do and stop chewing the curd like a ruminant. If Saraki is dissatified those whom he pays very well know what to do. The reason I took you on you have failed to address and are digressing further and further away from that. You made several claims about the judge which you cannot substantiate . You gave a wrong citation which I corrected. That citation is absolutely irrelevant to the argument you were making. I will give you very simple advice. Your English needs to improve.It is inadequate
Oh, laugh out loud. I am not alien to your comments. I gave you instances but you weren't comfortable with them instead you resort to name calling. You mean I should look for a paid job? Are you serious? wow! Please tell me something, are you one of the beneficiaries of the CBNgate? With regards to your advise on my English language, I think you are just fooling yourself. From what I observed in your garbages you call English, I think it will amount to Bermuda Triangle to batter words with you.
Final note of advise:
I am well paid and I am sure you can't get half of my earnings.
I can tutor you to your amusement as far as English Language is concern, so you have to look out for someone who will engaged you in this your dogs' fight.
kapish?
Re: Withdraw From Saraki’s Trial, Eminent Lawyers Advise Umar by omonnakoda: 3:48pm On Apr 23, 2016
odikimi:

Oh, laugh out loud. I am not alien to your comments. I gave you instances but you weren't comfortable with them instead you resort to name calling. You mean I should look for a paid job? Are you serious? wow! Please tell me something, are you one of the beneficiaries of the CBNgate? With regards to your advise on my English language, I think you are just fooling yourself. From what I observed in your garbages you call English, I think it will amount to Bermuda Triangle to batter words with you.
Final note of advise:
I am well paid and I am sure you can't get half of my earnings.
I can tutor you to your amusement as far as English Language is concern, so you have to look out for someone who will engaged you in this your dogs' fight.
kapish?
lol "Garbages" really? <It is barter not batter. Come to think of it that is what you have been doing "battering" the language. You have a long way to go my dear parvenu ,I can smell the kerosene a long way off. You simply cannot bluff that away

1 Like

Re: Withdraw From Saraki’s Trial, Eminent Lawyers Advise Umar by odikimi: 3:58pm On Apr 23, 2016
omonnakoda:
lol "Garbages" really? <It is barter not batter. You have a long way to go my dear parvenu ,I can smell the kerosene a long way off. You simply cannot bluff that away
If you are wise or knowledgeable enough you shoul4 have known that my phone auto spelling is on.
Me parvenu? You are not even fit to be my maid while growing up.
laugh out loud!!!
I am 100miles farther when it comes to that, so I should be the one to call you parvenu
Re: Withdraw From Saraki’s Trial, Eminent Lawyers Advise Umar by Nobody: 3:59pm On Apr 23, 2016
odikimi:
This was my argument but some people who allowed themselves to be controlled by emotions pour insults on my person.
This is why I can't respect Falana, I could remember Falana asking Fashola to remove chairman of panel set up to investigate Soldiers-BRT fiasco because the retired judge is a star witness to LASG in another matter. See http://www.vanguardngr.com/2014/07/brt-probe-falana-requests-fashola-remove-justice-adebajo-chairman/. But same Falana is quiet today because Saraki is corrupt. I want all corrupt politicians to be killed by Firing Squad but it has to follow due process.

I want Saraki to be killed, I don't have sympathy for him, but let us ensure fair hearing. What Umar is doing is against the principle of fair hearing. He has shown interest in the matter by descending into the matter. Let all ministers in the temple of justice demand for his resignation, this is a slap on the profession. It is a trite law that you take a motion once it is before you, no matter how childish the motion could be. see Julius Berger v. Isono a Supreme Court decision in the biter.

You couldn't have said it better. That trial is a slap on the face of the legal profession and criminal justice system in Nigeria. I fear we are laying a wrong and dangerous precedent.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Withdraw From Saraki’s Trial, Eminent Lawyers Advise Umar by omonnakoda: 4:03pm On Apr 23, 2016
odikimi:

If you are wise or knowledgeable enough you shoul4 have known that my phone auto spelling is on.
Me parvenu? You are not even fit to be my maid while growing up.
laugh out loud!!!
I am 100miles farther when it comes to that, so I should be the one to call you parvenu
Empty and breezy bluster will get you nowhere. You are very transparent to me, a pathetic wannabe. You are out of your depth and have bitten more than you can chew. I will gladly show you up for what you are.
100 miles farther? from where. Do not be daft!! You mean ahead ? You are empty
Your English is inadequate and needs to improve

1 Like

Re: Withdraw From Saraki’s Trial, Eminent Lawyers Advise Umar by odikimi: 4:20pm On Apr 23, 2016
omonnakoda:
Empty and breezy bluster will get you nowhere. You are very transparent to me, a pathetic wannabe. You are out of your depth and have bitten more than you can chew. I will gladly show you up for what you are.
100 miles farther? from where. Do not be daft!! You mean ahead ? You are empty
Your English is inadequate and needs to improve
U just exposed yourself. So "farther" doesn't mean distance? OMG!!! Look at who was claiming ITK and
I m not surprised. I can see why you used the world parvenu. Oh sorry my dear friend, your self glorification amounts to poppycock

1 Like

Re: Withdraw From Saraki’s Trial, Eminent Lawyers Advise Umar by omonnakoda: 4:21pm On Apr 23, 2016
odikimi:

U just exposed yourself. So "farther" doesn't mean distance? OMG!!! Look at who was claiming ITK and
I m not surprised. I can see why you used the world parvenu. Oh sorry my dear friend, your self glorification amounts to poppycock
OK you are 100 miles farther than me

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Withdraw From Saraki’s Trial, Eminent Lawyers Advise Umar by judondasylva(m): 4:29pm On Apr 23, 2016
hmmmmm
Re: Withdraw From Saraki’s Trial, Eminent Lawyers Advise Umar by odikimi: 4:30pm On Apr 23, 2016
omonnakoda:
OK you are 100 miles farther than me
kapish now?
I don't think you can summon courage to bet me on who is a better speaker if you have the opportunity of seeing me.
It is not my trait to resort to insult, esp on social media but u pushed me to the wall by calling me words; school boy, show off and parvenu. The most funniest was your calling me "parvenu".
Without mincing words, I can be your tutor not just on vocabulary but also their origins.
Plonker u get it now?
Re: Withdraw From Saraki’s Trial, Eminent Lawyers Advise Umar by rusher14: 4:56pm On Apr 23, 2016
Analysiscorner:

Dear Sir,
I respect your views. But I want you to know that the whole trial of Saraki is mere political. This administration is not yet readyto fight corruption. When It is ready, we will know. Nobody would be spared.

Everything about a politician is political.
Re: Withdraw From Saraki’s Trial, Eminent Lawyers Advise Umar by Charly68: 5:05pm On Apr 23, 2016
Who are these faceless eminent lawyers ? Are they those that bribe judges around ? The judge should not bother himself with hear saying accusation. He should do his job professionally & refused to be lobbied out of this very important case
Re: Withdraw From Saraki’s Trial, Eminent Lawyers Advise Umar by omonnakoda: 5:22pm On Apr 23, 2016
odikimi:

kapish now?
I don't think you can summon courage to bet me on who is a better speaker if you have the opportunity of seeing me.
It is not my trait to resort to insult, esp on social media but u pushed me to the wall by calling me words; school boy, show off and parvenu. The most funniest was your calling me "parvenu".
Without mincing words, I can be your tutor not just on vocabulary but also their origins.
Plonker u get it now?
The most funniest? to bet you or with you ,not your trait?
I am embarrassed for you
Good English is never laboured or contrived,it is natural while your offering is excruciating to read. You just bombard us shamelessly with solecism after solecism and are not remorseful in the slightest!!
Honestly you should just retire because your English is atrocious and yes you are a parvenu. A word you just learnt today. I can see it rankles deeply but you are what you are
Re: Withdraw From Saraki’s Trial, Eminent Lawyers Advise Umar by Eluwilussit(m): 5:33pm On Apr 23, 2016
blackpanda:

And how has he been denied fairness Before you blab without thinking. What is so unfair about his trial?

A few days ago, it was reportedly claimed that the judge had reached an agreement with Saraki to favour him with his judgment, until a "top security goon" confronted the judge with some evidence of his deal with Saraki. It was also claimed that the judge was blackmailed by the security personnel into working against Saraki to save his neck and career.

Going by that particular account, how is the judge not completely compromised? How can he ever be fair to Saraki? Why was the judge not arrested and the case used against him and Saraki? You don't save a corrupt judge to nail a corrupt politician and turn around and claim that you are fighting corruption.

That judge should resign and be arrested and prosecuted. The "top goon " should be investigated as well. We are doing a clean up exercise and should be sincere and ethical about it.

If you know anything about how the legal system operates, you will know that Saraki has already been proclaimed guilty, which is wrong. Let the courts decide. The constitution should be followed and the appropriate court should handle this case. We are talking about the Senate President of Nigeria. At this rate, we will fast degenerate into a dictatorship.
Re: Withdraw From Saraki’s Trial, Eminent Lawyers Advise Umar by yaki84: 5:38pm On Apr 23, 2016
modath:

In every place that sanity reigns, the "eminent"?? lawyers would have prevailed on saraki to resign!!!

I'm not holding brief for Umar but which innocent person makes so many excursions to different courts in order to stall a case in which the charges are mere "persecution"/ "witch hunting"?

Panama Papers full expose is in May, whatever that throws up will show us up for who we are as a nation!

imagine if buhari will make d final expose in may will u support or tell him to resign?
Re: Withdraw From Saraki’s Trial, Eminent Lawyers Advise Umar by Nobody: 6:00pm On Apr 23, 2016
it really so annoying to b a nigerian,,we d suffering masses aint helpin ourselves @all,,,saraki is nt even tryin to prove innocent or y is a man stalling judgement wit all manners of xcuse if nt guilty..eni o je gbi p le ku gbi ,,.then u see poor nigerian youth cum online start defending politician dt wil crush u on d road if u dnnt jump of d road on time ..."dey no send" or "wu dey epp"...politicians stand 2geda regardless of there parties they divide us because of d hungry ones amidst us ,,,they r here..it time we masses knw we r on our own n fight dis corrupt leader in one voice then dt change we voted 4 we cum ..istand4wat beta naija future..no sides

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Yahaya Bello Flaunt His Style As He Leaves His Residence For A Meeting. Pics / "Lai Mohammed's Big Lie Busted" - By Reno Omokri / Tinubu’s Bullion Vans In The Eyes Of The Law By Lawrence Nnoli

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.