Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,164 members, 7,821,947 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:29 PM

Withdraw From Saraki’s Trial, Eminent Lawyers Advise Umar - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Withdraw From Saraki’s Trial, Eminent Lawyers Advise Umar (32752 Views)

Solomon Adeola's Birthday Cake From Saraki, As Yayi Celebrates 47th Bithday / N300million Goes Missing From Saraki's Bedroom - Sahara Reporter / Justice Kafarati Withdraws From Saraki's Suit To Stop Trial (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Withdraw From Saraki’s Trial, Eminent Lawyers Advise Umar by Deen77: 9:00am On Apr 23, 2016
odikimi:
This was my argument but some people who allowed themselves to be controlled by emotions pour insults on my person.
This is why I can't respect Falana, I could remember Falana asking Fashola to remove chairman of panel set up to investigate Soldiers-BRT fiasco because the retired judge is a star witness to LASG in another matter. See http://www.vanguardngr.com/2014/07/brt-probe-falana-requests-fashola-remove-justice-adebajo-chairman/. But same Falana is quiet today because Saraki is corrupt. I want all corrupt politicians to be killed by Firing Squad but it has to follow due process.

I want Saraki to be killed, I don't have sympathy for him, but let us ensure fair hearing. What Umar is doing is against the principle of fair hearing. He has shown interest in the matter by descending into the matter. Let all ministers in the temple of justice demand for his resignation, this is a slap on the profession. It is a trite law that you take a motion once it is before you, no matter how childish the motion could be. see Julius Berger v. Isono a Supreme Court decision in the biter.
Can't both Saraki and Umar resign eminent Nigeria sir?.
Re: Withdraw From Saraki’s Trial, Eminent Lawyers Advise Umar by tinsel: 9:01am On Apr 23, 2016
Saraki is on a media war. It is part of propaganda machinery. Sure he had bribed most of the media houses.
I will not be suprised if this write up is from Ben Nwabueze and Belgore alone. Tomorrow most of the names mentioned will deny it.

2 Likes

Re: Withdraw From Saraki’s Trial, Eminent Lawyers Advise Umar by Nobody: 9:01am On Apr 23, 2016
now im confused. is this nairaland or saraki-land?
Re: Withdraw From Saraki’s Trial, Eminent Lawyers Advise Umar by Surfboard(m): 9:03am On Apr 23, 2016
modath:

In every place that sanity reigns, the "eminent"?? lawyers would have prevailed on saraki to resign!!!

I'm not holding brief for Umar but which innocent person makes so many excursions to different courts in order to stall a case in which the charges are mere "persecution"/ "witch hunting"?

Panama Papers full expose is in May, whatever that throws up will show us up for who we are as a nation!

I think your emotional investment in the matter is blinding your path of reason. The guy you quoted didn't say he didn't want Saraki gone, but the manner in which the trial is going is very unusual. Betrays what the law stands for. Yes, it may be Saraki today, and you cheer Umar for whatever 'political' reason, and it may be you tomorrow. I hope you cheer the judge for his obvious bias as well.

1 Like

Re: Withdraw From Saraki’s Trial, Eminent Lawyers Advise Umar by Deen77: 9:04am On Apr 23, 2016
vatoslocos:
Some of these 'eminent lawyers' have interests in the Saraki case. Justice Belgore(rtd) is like a father to Saraki and both from Ilorin and so has to protect anything affecting Saraki. Justice Oguntade(rtd) also has an axe to grind with Danladi Umar. It was Justice Oguntade who introduced Rasheed Taiwo to Danladi asking that Danladi should help quash the CCT charges against him. Trouble only started after Danladi ruled against Mr Taiwo after Danladi's P.A had allegedly collected almost N2million bribe from Mr Taiwo that he was going to help influence the case.

These two interested parties already tainted the submission of the so called 'eminent lawyers'.

If actually they are eminent lawyers, they should equally advice Saraki too to resign as SP not to use is position to obstruct justice.
Re: Withdraw From Saraki’s Trial, Eminent Lawyers Advise Umar by Wazobia12(m): 9:05am On Apr 23, 2016
Those corrupt and compromised lawyers dat are inside sarakis family pocket mtcheeewww. I know say the judge no dey crase sha.

1 Like

Re: Withdraw From Saraki’s Trial, Eminent Lawyers Advise Umar by AngelNnedinso: 9:05am On Apr 23, 2016
[i][/i][color=#990000][/color]testing something shaa
Re: Withdraw From Saraki’s Trial, Eminent Lawyers Advise Umar by Cuteamigo1(m): 9:05am On Apr 23, 2016
I like the stance of justice umar danladi on this case and as to how it affects Saraki and him not getting a fair hearing is something am yet to understand. in most cases what this folks mean by fear hearing is the case being swept under the rug and let it business as usual, we'll lai lai.
Re: Withdraw From Saraki’s Trial, Eminent Lawyers Advise Umar by dotcomnamename: 9:11am On Apr 23, 2016
Smh. Lawyer supporting criminal
Re: Withdraw From Saraki’s Trial, Eminent Lawyers Advise Umar by defash8: 9:11am On Apr 23, 2016
Umar is a very smart judge, he has setup a route to disqualify himself hence he must have chop money of people trying to take down Saraki. He will now stepdown on technicalities.
Re: Withdraw From Saraki’s Trial, Eminent Lawyers Advise Umar by snoopdg(m): 9:11am On Apr 23, 2016
Eminent lawyers indeed,
Now, are we in different Nigerias , because one Nigeria says through its Supreme Court that the CCT has jurisdiction over the saraki case, in another Nigeria the people of the land say the same CCT isn't a legal or quasi-legal setup, Pray, my fellow Nigerian's what has gone wrong in the land? Ask, is it politics that has brought this country this low as to loose common reasoning? Youths are being made to know by present day leaders that corruption is a virtue and when the law is handling ones case then it's the hand work of the devil /enemies within.

Sadly frontline religious bodies arent helping to mould new crop of leaders but bust praying day and night that present leaders having issues of witch hunt are set free and their hunters put to shame.

Eminent lawyers calling a law officer to stop his legal duty because they have presumably collected envelopes with currencies. Shambolic lawyers

1 Like

Re: Withdraw From Saraki’s Trial, Eminent Lawyers Advise Umar by LMFashions: 9:12am On Apr 23, 2016
hassan85:

You are free to seek recognition its 'democracy' I owe no one any apology. I stand by my point over dia. i will never be with lawyers supporting corruption.

Its not about u not supporting corrupt lawyers but u terming them all IPOB for daring to go against u all.

Or should I assume u just wanted to lose a nut in the head for a moment because what u posted has nothing to do with the OP.

Repent. This isn't about democracy, this is insanity and it portrays u as a tribal bigot except u want me to believe dat u actually are
Re: Withdraw From Saraki’s Trial, Eminent Lawyers Advise Umar by Nobody: 9:13am On Apr 23, 2016
odikimi:

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/04/false-asset-declaration-withdraw-sarakis-trial-eminent-lawyers-advise-umar/
and the foolish Abokhi of a judge was busy saying :*i would hv sent him to jail...in reference to saraki's lawyer...lol...Ndi ochu nnama...ewu...ha gbuo onwe ha dia
Re: Withdraw From Saraki’s Trial, Eminent Lawyers Advise Umar by NPComplete: 9:15am On Apr 23, 2016
LMFashions:

Justice Salisu Alfa Modibo Belgore (former Chief Justice of Nigeria;

Justice George Oguntade (CFR), former Justice of the Supreme Court;

Justice Samson Odemwingie Uwaifo, former Justice of the Supreme Court;

Prof. Ben Nwabueze, SAN;

Chief Nnoruka Udechukwu SAN;

Chief Mike Ozekhome, SAN;

Mr Olalekan Ojo.

U have an assignment, group them into their different geopolitical zones and let's see how much u know about where they are from.
Same as u too hassan85

Tribal bigots.

That Hassan85 guy is too dumb people are making points and all he is seeing is IPOB. He can't even see the point people against Umar are making. Umar will make Saraki win at the supreme court if he loses at the CCT. There are many other people apart from Umar that can be chosen to preside over this case and give it a simulacrum of fairness.
It is just laughable that people expect eminent lawyers to be emotionally asking for Saraki's head. Their job is to interpret the law and what they have done is shown many legal foibles in the case.
Every sensible discussion on nairaland has been reduced to IPOB shaming by very daft people.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Withdraw From Saraki’s Trial, Eminent Lawyers Advise Umar by vicadex07(m): 9:17am On Apr 23, 2016
odikimi:
twisting the course of justice by denial of fair hearing is the highest corruption.

Are u okay? Who is twisting the course of justice btw FG or saraki that if desperately seeking for any available technical loophole to stall or quash his trial?
Re: Withdraw From Saraki’s Trial, Eminent Lawyers Advise Umar by kabnafs(m): 9:17am On Apr 23, 2016
Sarathief has used our money...we kwara people to reach out to almost all the former lawyers to gather suport and threten his trial..God is watching
Re: Withdraw From Saraki’s Trial, Eminent Lawyers Advise Umar by NOETHNICITY(m): 9:18am On Apr 23, 2016
1. Justice Salisu Alfa Modibo Belgore; An an indigene of Ilorin who is a beneficiary of d Saraki dynasty!
2. Justice Samson Odemwingie Uwaifo; A Benin man who is likely to be bias!
3. Prof. Ben Nwabueze; we knw d pple bearing names as this!
4. Chief Nnoruka Udechukwu SAN; Imagine d name again.
5. Chief Mike Ozekhome; This one, we all knw his antecedents!

1 Like

Re: Withdraw From Saraki’s Trial, Eminent Lawyers Advise Umar by josite: 9:18am On Apr 23, 2016
well before supreme court spoke on cct ,i challenged olisa agbakoba's views expressed on tv that cct is not a superior court of record moreso when the national judicial council do not relate with the cct chairman like she does with other judges.My opinion now fully endorsed by the supreme court are - '
1.cct is a superior court of record because it is listed in the constitution ,a point which agbakoba disagreed with.
2.going by the severe punishment the cct can inflict ,then cct is necessarily by implication vested with judicial powers ,a point the supreme court later endorsed.

with due respect to ojo/oguntade their opinion is fundamentally flawed and wrong and the supreme court decision on the cct is very right and sound.

however,i have said it before that the cct chairman is quite inexperienced and does not appear to me to be above suspicion like ceaser's wife and therefore should excused himself away from the trial of saraki. The moment a judge is accused,he becomes a tainted person .This is the reason why a judge must conduct himself like Caesar's wife ,above suspicion. Caesar's wife get beheaded when suspected of any worng and i also support umar should be "beheaded".

1 Like

Re: Withdraw From Saraki’s Trial, Eminent Lawyers Advise Umar by Kennydoc(m): 9:19am On Apr 23, 2016
IamPatriotic:
A quick glance at the names of the "eminent lawyers" should tell one where they're coming from, men of dishonour and apostles of corruption camouflaging as statesmen to act as clogs in the wheel of progress of this government, it won't work, because the Buhari's has the support of the majority of Nigerians, so there's nothing the insignificant 5% and cohorts can do other than living with the fact.

hassan85:
Check all of them concurring all IPOD lawyers. when PMB said judiciary was his problem they said he cant work well in democracy. Here is another prove of views from educated illiterates. Well its all a fruitile effort.

Eminent lawyers, who shared this view included Justice Salisu Alfa Modibo Belgore (former Chief Justice of Nigeria; Justice George Oguntade (CFR), former Justice of the Supreme Court; Justice Samson Odemwingie Uwaifo, former Justice of the Supreme Court; Prof. Ben Nwabueze, SAN; Chief Nnoruka Udechukwu SAN; Chief Mike Ozekhome, SAN; and Mr Olalekan Oyo among others.

I guess the names in bold are Igbo names shey?
1 North
2 South West
2 South South (Edo State = APC)
and
2 South East

And yet you guys open your stinking mouths and shout IPOB or 5%. Your bigotry stinks like rotten egg.
Tụfịa!!! Blind bigots!!!
Re: Withdraw From Saraki’s Trial, Eminent Lawyers Advise Umar by LMFashions: 9:19am On Apr 23, 2016
NPComplete:

That Hassan85 guy is too dumb people are making points and all he is seeing is IPOB. He can't even see the point people against Umar are making. Umar will make Saraki win at the supreme court if he loses at the CCT. There are many other people apart from Umar that can be chosen to preside over this case and give it a simulacrum of fairness.
It is just laughable that people expect eminent lawyers to be emotionally asking for Saraki's head. Their job is to interpret the law and what they have done is shown many legal foibles in the case.
Every sensible discussion on nairaland has been reduced to IPOB shaming by very daft people.

I couldn't have said it any better. Nice one bro
Re: Withdraw From Saraki’s Trial, Eminent Lawyers Advise Umar by Jagaban111(m): 9:20am On Apr 23, 2016

Sariki, listen to me very well, I knw u ar using Nigerian treasure to destroy Nigeria, using the formular ''Money-Can-Do-Everything,'' an idiot surrounded by fools or a fool surrounded by idiots!
You will leave that position, a criminal like you does not deserve it,

1 Like

Re: Withdraw From Saraki’s Trial, Eminent Lawyers Advise Umar by dotcomnamename: 9:21am On Apr 23, 2016
NPComplete:

[size=20pt]KEEP DREAMING. Na so you dream of Jonathan winning so tail during Presidential election.[/size] lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Withdraw From Saraki’s Trial, Eminent Lawyers Advise Umar by LMFashions: 9:23am On Apr 23, 2016
NOETHNICITY:
1. Justice Salisu Alfa Modibo Belgore; An an indigene of Ilorin who is a beneficiary of d Saraki dynasty!
2. Justice Samson Odemwingie Uwaifo; A Benin man who is likely to be bias!
3. Prof. Ben Nwabueze; we knw d pple bearing names as this!
4. Chief Nnoruka Udechukwu SAN; Imagine d name again.
5. Chief Mike Ozekhome; This one, we all knw his antecedents!

And where is olalekan and oguntade? Lolzzzzz u don't cast tey tey
Re: Withdraw From Saraki’s Trial, Eminent Lawyers Advise Umar by anonimi: 9:24am On Apr 23, 2016
chukwudi44:
So far your mind Injustice Umar is handling this case with fairness baa?

Nor mind the INjustice Umar wey sabi do sommersault pass car wey get flat tyre at 200km/h speed grin grin

curiouses:
By Dr. Abubakar Bukola Saraki
For example, Section 3(d) of the Code of Conduct Bureau and Tribunal Act states that the Bureau shall refer any breach or non-compliance to the Tribunal. However, where the person concerned makes a written admission of the breach, no reference to the Tribunal shall be necessary. It was on this basis that the case against Asiwaju Bola Tinubu was dismissed in 2011, by this same judge in this same Tribunal on the grounds that he was not given an opportunity to deny or admit to any breach before he was brought before the tribunal. This was the ruling that I relied on in making my case. But what did the judge say? That he had judged in error in 2011 and he had since realized his error and departed from it. My question is whether a Tribunal of first instance has the power to reverse itself. I should expect that everyone would be worried if justice is applied differently to different people. However, in spite of my fears, I remain hopeful. Why? Because the judiciary does not end with this Tribunal.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2030416_image_jpeg9f360c5ab7736510df54c882e9dbf188
Re: Withdraw From Saraki’s Trial, Eminent Lawyers Advise Umar by IamPatriotic(m): 9:25am On Apr 23, 2016
LMFashions:

Justice Salisu Alfa Modibo Belgore (former Chief Justice of Nigeria;

Justice George Oguntade (CFR), former Justice of the Supreme Court;

Justice Samson Odemwingie Uwaifo, former Justice of the Supreme Court;

Prof. Ben Nwabueze, SAN;

Chief Nnoruka Udechukwu SAN;

Chief Mike Ozekhome, SAN;

Mr Olalekan Ojo.

U have an assignment, group them into their different geopolitical zones and let's see how much u know about where they are from.
Same as u too hassan85

Tribal bigots.

two things are common to all the names you highlighted; 1. they're all known PDP romancers
2. they're either Saraki's kinsmen from Kwara or his cousins from the axis of land of the rising sun who have bitter ax to grand with Buhari for reasons best known to them.

before you go the extreme, thinking I'm from the arewa, I'm a full blooded Yoruba man who like his forefathers detest corruption.

1 Like

Re: Withdraw From Saraki’s Trial, Eminent Lawyers Advise Umar by odikimi: 9:26am On Apr 23, 2016
blackpanda:
[s][/s]

This is nothing but horse shit!

I never insulted u and I certainly wasnt referring to any letter from EFCC. I am sure you can read. Supreme Court judgement is not EFCC letter. They are two different things!

And btw, I dont hate saraki. Nobody hates him. Rather its his illegal actions that necessitate legal sanctions. The supreme court has said there are no legal impediments to the trial. So your noisemaking is quite uncalled for!
It beats my imagination how you can't read a simple write up as this one.
Read the thread again and see if the reason they call for Umar to hands off the matter has to do with Supreme Court. Supreme Court for your information never ruled on "Fair Hearing " on the part of the corrupt Umar.
Please learn how to separate emotions from reasoning.
The issue here once agai is that, Umar has shown tenets of Partiality. The general position of the law is that, no matter how stupid a motion is, a judge is bound to take it but the corrupt Judge Umar was caught barking like a ....
Please read my post and comments again and digest all well. May be Seun should get you an interpreter in Yoruba language.
Re: Withdraw From Saraki’s Trial, Eminent Lawyers Advise Umar by Barywhyte(m): 9:31am On Apr 23, 2016
odikimi:

Thank you for your apt respond. I said it the day Umar behaved that way. It was a plan on Saraki's part, but Umar fell for it. It was a plan to let him act against the principle of fair hearing and he wasn't smart enough to caution himself.
I can bet you that Saraki will win at the supreme court because of this lack of fair hearing. Umar fell for the shenanigans

Oga ur comments here, to some extent baffles me. Tell me wht exactly has Umar done that constitute "unfair hearing" as you are alleging? That he tried to caution a lawyer who tried to disrupt court process? The article above of the "eminent lawyers" lacked substance and is an indication of the fact that money is seriously exchanging hands. These shameless men have all been around and have witnessed the retrogrades of our country even while they were occupying sensitive and powerful positions.
Re: Withdraw From Saraki’s Trial, Eminent Lawyers Advise Umar by LMFashions: 9:32am On Apr 23, 2016
IamPatriotic:

two things are common to all the names you highlighted; 1. they're all known PDP romancers
2. they're either Saraki's kinsmen from Kwara or his cousins from the axis of land of the rising sun who have bitter ax to grand with Buhari for reasons best known to them.

before you go the extreme, thinking I'm from the arewa, I'm a full blooded Yoruba man who like his forefathers detest corruption.

Does it seem like I care where u are from? U termed the lawyers 5%, I just wanted u to correct urself. Understood?

Repent and stop this bigotry
Re: Withdraw From Saraki’s Trial, Eminent Lawyers Advise Umar by JuanDeDios: 9:34am On Apr 23, 2016
odikimi:

pls sir, I think I hate the man Saraki more than you. You won't know what I am saying, but this is the reason I decided to be a lawyer. There is what is called presumption of innocence that is why, those BH people are referred to as suspects. It pains my heart that fair trial seems alien to u guys. I hate violation of fair hearing. It could happen to you one day when you have issue with rich man.
I agree. But isn't it Saraki and his people who have brought us here with their drawn out shenanigans? Even Lord Diplock would have lost his cool with these people!

Anyway, my real concern. What happens if the judge steps down? And whatever happens, can this same matter be taken to the high court by the FG/EFCC?
Re: Withdraw From Saraki’s Trial, Eminent Lawyers Advise Umar by eLcastro(m): 9:34am On Apr 23, 2016
modath:

In every place that sanity reigns, the "eminent"?? lawyers would have prevailed on saraki to resign!!!

I'm not holding brief for Umar but which innocent person makes so many excursions to different courts in order to stall a case in which the charges are mere "persecution"/ "witch hunting"?

Panama Papers full expose is in May, whatever that throws up will show us up for who we are as a nation!
which innocent person u say..every innocent do except u poor or nt enlightened...that's why when peeps sayin saraki runnin 4rm pillar to post i jus smile them...a lot of innocent people in jail today not cuz dey guilty but cus dey don't have money to appeal...people thinkin saraki won't put up a fight dream on..by this article if this is not fake.,u already know how the supreme court proceedings will look like
Re: Withdraw From Saraki’s Trial, Eminent Lawyers Advise Umar by jaymichael(m): 9:36am On Apr 23, 2016
odikimi:
This was my argument but some people who allowed themselves to be controlled by emotions pour insults on my person.
This is why I can't respect Falana, I could remember Falana asking Fashola to remove chairman of panel set up to investigate Soldiers-BRT fiasco because the retired judge is a star witness to LASG in another matter. See http://www.vanguardngr.com/2014/07/brt-probe-falana-requests-fashola-remove-justice-adebajo-chairman/. But same Falana is quiet today because Saraki is corrupt. I want all corrupt politicians to be killed by Firing Squad but it has to follow due process.

I want Saraki to be killed, I don't have sympathy for him, but let us ensure fair hearing. What Umar is doing is against the principle of fair hearing. He has shown interest in the matter by descending into the matter. Let all ministers in the temple of justice demand for his resignation, this is a slap on the profession. It is a trite law that you take a motion once it is before you, no matter how childish the motion could be. see Julius Berger v. Isono a Supreme Court decision in the biter.
Seems accused now have the luxury of choosing their own Judges in Naija now. Does the "petty" goat thief have that luxury?
#Justice4sale.

1 Like

Re: Withdraw From Saraki’s Trial, Eminent Lawyers Advise Umar by NOETHNICITY(m): 9:37am On Apr 23, 2016
989900:

While I partially agree with you and by extension the old justices, OTOH, in the grand scheme of things, then Saraki's tactics worked perfectly well: try bribing the Judge, if he does not bulge, intimidate him, if he still does not cower, destabilize him and get him to react so you can have him off your case for one of yours to come and preside over the case.

What have the wise men in the article got to say about all of Saraki's shenanigans since the onset of this trial?

Or so far, what have they have said about 'paid justice' in our country as a whole?

The likes of antics like this, and the 'get-away-with-anything' modus operandi is the reason why we have all these calamities befallen upon us, and by whatever it takes, a new path has to be created.

Jail Saraki as a deterrent to others -- bottom line, he made false declaration by his own hand.

He is in court, let him clear his name if he is not guilty as charged . . . he has the option to pursue this further to the supreme court -- let him have at it.
May God bless u and ur generation! Ameen!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Dr. Maduka Visits Ned Nwoko Ahead Of Anambra Guber, Identifies With The Malaria / PDP Crisis: Atiku Rejects Bid To Substitute Okowa For Wike As Running Mate / "Ayu Can't Be Removed Now" - Atiku Replies Wike, Makinde

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.