Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,513 members, 7,819,857 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:39 AM

How Many Times Do You Forgive A Cheating Partner? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How Many Times Do You Forgive A Cheating Partner? (665 Views)

The Amount Of Times You Can Forgive A Cheating Spouse - Bamisepeter's Blog / Why You Should Never Tolerate A Cheating Partner / 7 Easy Ways Of Identifying A Cheating Partner (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Many Times Do You Forgive A Cheating Partner? by ournaijablog(f): 8:39am On Apr 23, 2016
Jide has been cheating on me for the whole eight years we have been together! she told me and I don’t think I can ever leave him. I have forgiven him several times, he feels remorseful each time and I can’t help but think he’s under a spell. I know each time he does it because he comes home to tell me “babe I’m sorry it’s happened again” he would say and I would cry and the next morning things would go back to normal.

We have been through thick and thin all the way from our university days, the first time he cheated on me I can remember vividly was with a girl we both met at the mall. He claimed he knew her from somewhere and insisted the girl gave him her number and I was right there, they ended up having sex together and well eight years later he’s been with different women.

Forgiving him the first time was the hardest, I cried, I wailed, I said how could he do this to me? But over the years it has gotten easy and easier, I have treated countless infections and endured many threats and embarrassment but I still love him and want him to be better; I believe he is ill and needs all the love, prayers and encouragement he can get. How many more times do I have to forgive him?

I said to her, you can only forgive a cheat “ONCE” when he or she is truly sorry. No one is above or beyond mistakes, sometimes things spiral out of control and we aren’t even aware until it’s over and then the remorse sets in, when a cheating partner comes to confess about his\her escapade and feels sorry yes you can forgive them that once as long as it doesn’t become a habit when it does then it’s time for you to walk away and never look back.

There are many pathological cheats who make it seem like they have no control over it and make it seem like a disease, please do flee away from these set of people, they do not only cheat on you physically they also rape you mentally and emotionally and drain you psychologically.
First let us get this out of the way, there’s absolutely no excuse for cheating. When your lover cheats on you it clearly shows that they do not respect you, value or care about your feelings but we know mistakes do happen, things that we have no control of over at the moment.
Forgiving them once doesn’t make you a fool or a weakling, to forgive someone who’s betrayed your trust and break your heart is actually one of the strongest thing to do, it shows your ability to move ahead and let certain things remain in the past but you only have to do this “ONCE” unless it becomes a habit.

ournaijablog.com

Twitter: @ournaijablog
Facebook page:Ournaijablog

Kindly show a sister some love thanks
Re: How Many Times Do You Forgive A Cheating Partner? by halfricanadian(f): 8:43am On Apr 23, 2016
You dont only forgive bt let the other girl have him parmanently he never was for you.
There is something she has dat u dont have which is stonger for him to cheat on u so quietly without drama encourage his love for d other woman. It might hurt bt its a chance for u to find d one who is for u .not every one in ur life is for u .

1 Like

Re: How Many Times Do You Forgive A Cheating Partner? by Nova15: 8:50am On Apr 23, 2016
I don't forgive cheating partners
Re: How Many Times Do You Forgive A Cheating Partner? by layla129(f): 8:54am On Apr 23, 2016
NEVER!!! can forgive anything not cheating. Never! angry
Re: How Many Times Do You Forgive A Cheating Partner? by 4C2215131: 9:10am On Apr 23, 2016
Given the story, he is a serial and career cheat. You have to go as much as it hurts.

You have a life to live too, the right to pursue happiness which just might be anchored on your parting ways with your always cheating but repentant partner. That he is remorseful doesn't mean jack!

Again, you just might be doing him a world of good by dumping his sorry, lame and cheating ass. You know why? It becomes a reality check when in retrospect it dawnw on his skirt clouded mind that he lost a beautiful part of his life via his succumbing to his baser instincts; his passion for female flesh.

If he has any streak of integrity in him, he will fight this weakness of his thus safeguarding his future relationships.

Never in a misguided sense of love and/or loyalty remain in a relationship that kills you inside and wear you down in mind, spirit and body. Be strong enough to leave.

2 Likes

Re: How Many Times Do You Forgive A Cheating Partner? by adorablepepple(f): 9:16am On Apr 23, 2016
If you want to marry yourself In the future n endure pain, forgive him 77x7x7
If you intend having a Happy home, run run! Don't believe that shit about all men cheat!
Re: How Many Times Do You Forgive A Cheating Partner? by halfricanadian(f): 9:26am On Apr 23, 2016
adorablepepple:
If you want to marry yourself In the future n endure pain, forgive him 77x7x7
If you intend having a Happy home, run run! Don't believe that shit about all men cheat!

I will always run 77×7×7 especially when i am never the cause of anyone's pain
Re: How Many Times Do You Forgive A Cheating Partner? by Nobody: 9:39am On Apr 23, 2016
70 x7
Re: How Many Times Do You Forgive A Cheating Partner? by stubbornman(m): 11:17am On Apr 23, 2016
layla129:
NEVER!!! can forgive anything not cheating. Never! angry
why cheesy

(1) (Reply)

Dont Be Scammed.Your Boyfriend Might Be Lying. / Love Is A Beautiful Thing. Pic. / Foundational Factors That Make A Marriage To Fail

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.