Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,801 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:20 AM

I Can Confirm That Saraki Opposed Apc’s Muslim/muslim Ticket – Fani-kayode - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Can Confirm That Saraki Opposed Apc’s Muslim/muslim Ticket – Fani-kayode (24997 Views)

2019: Non Yoruba Indigenes In Southwest APC Caution Against Muslim-muslim Ticket / Muslim-muslim Ticket: APC Keeps Mum Over Saraki’s Claims / Saraki: My Original Sin Was Opposing Muslim/Muslim Ticket In The APC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Can Confirm That Saraki Opposed Apc’s Muslim/muslim Ticket – Fani-kayode by emmylight4u: 8:58pm On Apr 23, 2016
Sarki !!! How many time I call you? Ur original sins are many......remember MERE COMMISSIONER! abi u forget that one? Oga take time o

1 Like

Re: I Can Confirm That Saraki Opposed Apc’s Muslim/muslim Ticket – Fani-kayode by menxer: 9:04pm On Apr 23, 2016
Will this constitute part of his defense at the tribunal?

1 Like

Re: I Can Confirm That Saraki Opposed Apc’s Muslim/muslim Ticket – Fani-kayode by Babacele: 9:20pm On Apr 23, 2016
Burshh:
Bokoharam was before 6 years...you stated. It became prominent under Yaradua...despite being around before then.
dasuki, badeh, amosun , falae ,etc who diverted funds meant to fight BH did that under GEJ. true or false? nonsense!

2 Likes

Re: I Can Confirm That Saraki Opposed Apc’s Muslim/muslim Ticket – Fani-kayode by Paulancebay(m): 9:58pm On Apr 23, 2016
Thank God for the unbaning,now don't even know how to respond to zombies again! they seem to be hypnotised and indoctrinated in their believe on PMB and when you make them see the gullibility in their comments, they get irritated! It's not not possible that this Government is performing 100%, we just need to make them and their supporters understand their flip flops which I belive will make them perform better, but a situation where you are critical of a govt, it's policies, and supporters and the only thing the some people understand is to cast blame, even on simplest mathematics, then you know their is problem. For me, if PMB has a model on how to run naija in his head, he should present his policies to us and the NASS, rather than micro managing our intelligentsia!
Re: I Can Confirm That Saraki Opposed Apc’s Muslim/muslim Ticket – Fani-kayode by mutvy: 9:59pm On Apr 23, 2016
In Nigeria, if a polithiefcian, I mean politician is in trouble, he or she will try to bring the issue of religion or ethnicity so that people of low understanding will follow the bandwagon.

2 Likes

Re: I Can Confirm That Saraki Opposed Apc’s Muslim/muslim Ticket – Fani-kayode by Tbest20(m): 10:19pm On Apr 23, 2016
I want to understand how muslim-muslim ticket was responsible for him collecting Governor's salary as senator among other crimes. Nigerians ain't gullible take your Muslim- Muslim propaganda and resign now. How I wished Saraki prepare his evidence detailing how this 'Muslim-Muslim ticket' Super Story was responsible for him depositing millions of naira in one day & submit to CCT.by Ifeelgood quote author=VillageParrot post=44969202]A former minister of Aviation and spokesperson to the Presidential campaign of former President Jonathan in the 2015 presidential polls, Femi Fani-Kayode said on Saturday that Senate President Bukola Saraki frustrated plans by the All Progressives Congress (APC) to field a muslim/muslim presidential ticket in 2015.

Fani-Kayode, a former chieftain of the APC disclosed this via his Twitter handle on Saturday in reaction to Saraki’s rejoinder to a Thisday back page article last week by Ovation Publisher, Bashorun Dele Momodu.

Saraki in his rejoinder had stated that his “original sin” was his refusal to support a Muslim/Muslim ticket of the APC in the 2015 presidential election. According to the Senate President, he opposed the move purely for strategic considerations, because he wanted his party, the APC to win the election.

Corroborating Saraki, Fani-Kayode tweeted: “I can confirm that @bukolasaraki opposed the Muslim/Muslim ticket plan of the APC. I left and exposed it, he stayed and frustrated it.”

It would be recalled that in the build-up to the last general election, rumors were rife that the APC, which at the time was battling to stave off an “Islamic party” toga, was contemplating fielding then General Muhammadu Buhari (retd.) and former Lagos State Governor, Asiwaju Bola Tinubu, as its presidential and vice presidential candidates, respectively.

Saraki said: “I have also been accused of helping to frustrate some people’s opportunity to emerge as President Muhammadu Buhari’s running mate. But I have no problem with anybody. My concern was that it would not be politically smart of us to run with a Muslim-Muslim ticket. I doubt if we would have won the election if we had done this, especially after the PDP had successfully framed us a Muslim party. I felt we were no longer in 1993. Perhaps, more than ever before, Nigerians are more sensitive to issues of religious balancing. This was my original sin.

“What they say to themselves, among other things, was that ‘if he could conspire against our ambition, then he must not realise his own ambition as well.’ For me however, I have no regrets about this. I only stood for what I believed was in the best interest of the party and in the best interest of Nigeria. We have got to that point in our country when we no longer believe that anyone could stand for anything based on principles and convictions alone. Moreover, in the growing culture of media crucifixion and presumed guilt; it is rare to find a voice like yours that calls for fairness and justice”.

: http://www.signalng.com/can-confirm-saraki-opposed-apcs-muslimmuslim-ticket-fani-kayode/[/quote]

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Can Confirm That Saraki Opposed Apc’s Muslim/muslim Ticket – Fani-kayode by teebell999(m): 10:24pm On Apr 23, 2016
VillageParrot:
A former minister of Aviation and spokesperson to the Presidential campaign of former President Jonathan in the 2015 presidential polls, Femi Fani-Kayode said on Saturday that Senate President Bukola Saraki frustrated plans by the All Progressives Congress (APC) to field a muslim/muslim presidential ticket in 2015.

Fani-Kayode, a former chieftain of the APC disclosed this via his Twitter handle on Saturday in reaction to Saraki’s rejoinder to a Thisday back page article last week by Ovation Publisher, Bashorun Dele Momodu.

Saraki in his rejoinder had stated that his “original sin” was his refusal to support a Muslim/Muslim ticket of the APC in the 2015 presidential election. According to the Senate President, he opposed the move purely for strategic considerations, because he wanted his party, the APC to win the election.

Corroborating Saraki, Fani-Kayode tweeted: “I can confirm that @bukolasaraki opposed the Muslim/Muslim ticket plan of the APC. I left and exposed it, he stayed and frustrated it.”

It would be recalled that in the build-up to the last general election, rumors were rife that the APC, which at the time was battling to stave off an “Islamic party” toga, was contemplating fielding then General Muhammadu Buhari (retd.) and former Lagos State Governor, Asiwaju Bola Tinubu, as its presidential and vice presidential candidates, respectively.

Saraki said: “I have also been accused of helping to frustrate some people’s opportunity to emerge as President Muhammadu Buhari’s running mate. But I have no problem with anybody. My concern was that it would not be politically smart of us to run with a Muslim-Muslim ticket. I doubt if we would have won the election if we had done this, especially after the PDP had successfully framed us a Muslim party. I felt we were no longer in 1993. Perhaps, more than ever before, Nigerians are more sensitive to issues of religious balancing. This was my original sin.

“What they say to themselves, among other things, was that ‘if he could conspire against our ambition, then he must not realise his own ambition as well.’ For me however, I have no regrets about this. I only stood for what I believed was in the best interest of the party and in the best interest of Nigeria. We have got to that point in our country when we no longer believe that anyone could stand for anything based on principles and convictions alone. Moreover, in the growing culture of media crucifixion and presumed guilt; it is rare to find a voice like yours that calls for fairness and justice”.

: http://www.signalng.com/can-confirm-saraki-opposed-apcs-muslimmuslim-ticket-fani-kayode/

And? pls mind ur business mr FFK. if u want to decamp to APC, kindly.signify

2 Likes

Re: I Can Confirm That Saraki Opposed Apc’s Muslim/muslim Ticket – Fani-kayode by HorLa00(m): 10:24pm On Apr 23, 2016
Muslim/muslim? Trying to convince us to believe that is another Islamization process?

MADNESS GET TYPE BY TYPE..

3 Likes

Re: I Can Confirm That Saraki Opposed Apc’s Muslim/muslim Ticket – Fani-kayode by spako4(m): 11:21pm On Apr 23, 2016
Blackmailers
Re: I Can Confirm That Saraki Opposed Apc’s Muslim/muslim Ticket – Fani-kayode by brownsugarxxx: 11:31pm On Apr 23, 2016
So FFK was APC all the way and deceiving Jonathan

1 Like

Re: I Can Confirm That Saraki Opposed Apc’s Muslim/muslim Ticket – Fani-kayode by Seunjungle(m): 11:52pm On Apr 23, 2016
Is Bukola Saraki a Christian? What point are they trying to tell me?
The way can never be smooth again its already rough and gone out mending!
Case closed!!!
Good night!!!!!!!!!!

2 Likes

Re: I Can Confirm That Saraki Opposed Apc’s Muslim/muslim Ticket – Fani-kayode by barcaboi(m): 12:08am On Apr 24, 2016
Former governor of Kwara State Senator Bukola Saraki has hailed the sacrifice and contribution of former Lagos State Governor Asiwaju Bola Tinubu to the development of the All Progressives Congress (APC) and democracy in Nigeria. Dr. Saraki, a chieftain of the APC, welcomed the emergence of Prof. Yemi Osinbajo as the running mate of the presidential candidate of APC, General Muhammadu Buhari. Saraki, in an electronic mail, said: “The emergence of Professor Yemi Osinbajo – a Professor of law; a well-ranked academic; a senior advocate of Nigeria (SAN); and a committed pastor of unquestionable integrity from South-West Nigeria further attests to the commitment of the All Progressives Congress to fairness and equality. “Most importantly, I would like to commend the National Leader of our party, Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu, for the sacrifice and contribution to the development of APC and democracy in Nigeria. No doubt, from his precedents as a forward-thinking Governor of Lagos State, and his profile as one of the foremost democrats in Nigeria, the people of the South-West and a large block of voters wanted Asiwaju as running mate to General Buhari. “Historically, the South-West is known not to pay attention to religion but competence when picking candidates for positions, but due to Tinubu’s belief in the Nigerian project, which he sees as bigger than any individual interest, he made it clear that we cannot ignore the current happenings around the country that require that as a party, we must take extra caution and be sensitive to every ethnicity and religion by picking a Christian candidate. “Despite what has been reported on the pages of some newspapers, some of us privy to the happenings behind closed doors attest to the leadership role of Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu, which led to the emergence of Osinbajo, an erudite scholar and a dogged advocate of the people. “In the same spirit, I must also commend other leaders of the APC who have continuously made sacrifices in the interest of the party and Nigeria at large. Leaders like Alhaji Atiku Abubakar, Alhaji Rabiu Musa Kwankwaso and Owelle Rochas Okorocha who on Thursday December 11,2014 after the presidential primaries made similar sacrifices by pledging their support to General Buhari, contrary to speculations by naysayers that the APC would implode either after the primary or in the course of the nomination of its vice-presidential candidate. APC has, once again, demonstrated that national interests are paramount in the guiding principle of the party, as opposed to personal ambition. “I use this opportunity to congratulate all party stakeholders, most especially the presidential candidate for the success of the process in the selection of the Vice- Presidential candidate; this process has once again demonstrated to Nigerians the preparedness of APC to run an efficient and transperent government, putting to shame those that have said the party was made up of people with personal ambitions.” www.thenationonlineng.net/saraki-hails-tinubus-sacrifice/

1 Like

Re: I Can Confirm That Saraki Opposed Apc’s Muslim/muslim Ticket – Fani-kayode by olawalebabs(m): 7:29am On Apr 24, 2016
The same Saraki supported Ndume against Ekeremandu, forgetting his opposition to Muslim Muslim ticket..

1 Like

Re: I Can Confirm That Saraki Opposed Apc’s Muslim/muslim Ticket – Fani-kayode by Cholison(m): 8:13am On Apr 24, 2016
.Busy body what concern Fani with APC internal matter?
Re: I Can Confirm That Saraki Opposed Apc’s Muslim/muslim Ticket – Fani-kayode by usa33: 8:52am On Apr 24, 2016
saraki is beginning to give up in his trial.
Re: I Can Confirm That Saraki Opposed Apc’s Muslim/muslim Ticket – Fani-kayode by tarekamos: 4:25pm On Apr 24, 2016
VillageParrot:
A former minister of Aviation and spokesperson to the Presidential campaign of former President Jonathan in the 2015 presidential polls, Femi Fani-Kayode said on Saturday that Senate President Bukola Saraki frustrated plans by the All Progressives Congress (APC) to field a muslim/muslim presidential ticket in 2015.

Thank you Fani, but we have passed that stage. Is it true you collected N840m from CBN? Is it true that Saraki did what he was accused of?

: http://www.signalng.com/can-confirm-saraki-opposed-apcs-muslimmuslim-ticket-fani-kayode/
Re: I Can Confirm That Saraki Opposed Apc’s Muslim/muslim Ticket – Fani-kayode by tarekamos: 4:36pm On Apr 24, 2016
[quote author=tarekamos post=45001307][/quote]

Fani wait. We have passed that stage. What you are saying now is that Saraki love Nigerian Christians more than Tinubu did. I don't know the connection with lodging N900,000 into Gtb account 50 times daily. Thank you all the same. Tell Nigerians if you Fani actually received N840m from CBN. I suspected this because of the way you were projecting your godfather Jonathan, i knew something must have happened. Say something pls.
Re: I Can Confirm That Saraki Opposed Apc’s Muslim/muslim Ticket – Fani-kayode by tarekamos: 4:47pm On Apr 24, 2016
barcaboi:
Former governor of Kwara State
Senator Bukola Saraki has hailed the
sacrifice and contribution of former
Lagos State Governor Asiwaju Bola
Tinubu to the development of the All
Progressives Congress (APC) and
democracy in Nigeria.
Dr. Saraki, a chieftain of the APC,
welcomed the emergence of Prof.
Yemi Osinbajo as the running mate
of the presidential candidate of APC,
General Muhammadu Buhari.
Saraki, in an electronic mail, said:
“The emergence of Professor Yemi
Osinbajo – a Professor of law; a
well-ranked academic; a senior
advocate of Nigeria (SAN); and a
committed pastor of unquestionable
integrity from South-West Nigeria
further attests to the commitment of
the All Progressives Congress to
fairness and equality.
“Most importantly, I would like to
commend the National Leader of our
party, Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu,
for the sacrifice and contribution to
the development of APC and
democracy in Nigeria. No doubt, from
his precedents as a forward-thinking
Governor of Lagos State, and his
profile as one of the foremost
democrats in Nigeria, the people of
the South-West and a large block of
voters wanted Asiwaju as running
mate to General Buhari.
“Historically, the South-West is
known not to pay attention to religion
but competence when picking
candidates for positions, but due to
Tinubu’s belief in the Nigerian
project, which he sees as bigger than
any individual interest, he made it
clear that we cannot ignore the
current happenings around the
country that require that as a party,
we must take extra caution and be
sensitive to every ethnicity and
religion by picking a Christian
candidate.
“Despite what has been reported on
the pages of some newspapers,
some of us privy to the happenings
behind closed doors attest to the
leadership role of Asiwaju Bola
Ahmed Tinubu, which led to the
emergence of Osinbajo, an erudite
scholar and a dogged advocate of the
people.
“In the same spirit, I must also
commend other leaders of the APC
who have continuously made
sacrifices in the interest of the party
and Nigeria at large. Leaders like
Alhaji Atiku Abubakar, Alhaji Rabiu
Musa Kwankwaso and Owelle Rochas
Okorocha who on Thursday
December 11,2014 after the
presidential primaries made similar
sacrifices by pledging their support
to General Buhari, contrary to
speculations by naysayers that the
APC would implode either after the
primary or in the course of the
nomination of its vice-presidential
candidate. APC has, once again,
demonstrated that national interests
are paramount in the guiding
principle of the party, as opposed to
personal ambition.
“I use this opportunity to
congratulate all party stakeholders,
most especially the presidential
candidate for the success of the
process in the selection of the Vice-
Presidential candidate; this process
has once again demonstrated to
Nigerians the preparedness of APC to
run an efficient and transperent
government, putting to shame those
that have said the party was made up
of people with personal ambitions.”
www.thenationonlineng.net/saraki-hails-tinubus-sacrifice/
adekolaelect:
When a car run out of fuel it will bring different sounds

Has Fani and other wailers read this posted by Saraki himself in 2014? Saraki is a lier and a cameleon.

1 Like

Re: I Can Confirm That Saraki Opposed Apc’s Muslim/muslim Ticket – Fani-kayode by GoodMuyis(m): 2:19pm On Apr 25, 2016
Praktikals:

I am from kwara state and I ve been following political happenings here right from when senator Shaba Lafiaji was governor. If people s choice matter ( or mattered) in kwara state, Bukola would never have been governor. Ask any kwaran, and they will tell you we all voted massively for Dele Belgore, but how Oloye deh take do am, nobody knows. Even if the Sarakis nominate an slowpoke, na so my people go take am. And no be today yansh dey back o, it has been like that since 1967 when the state was created.
For you to know how much Ilorin people hated Buhari, they declared fasting and prayers for God to remove him as Head of state.
With this points, I hope I ve been able to convince you that saraki unilaterally delivered Kwara state to Buhari.

Yea are quite correct, the view you posted here does not include other region in kwara, but you rather focus in Ilorin which is the major city in kwara

Someone from Offa, Share, Oro etc may not agree with you. Even if sarakis has influence in kwara does not control the whole ilorin, for example people from idi-ape as at the time of Late M. Lawal did not give in to Sarakis
Re: I Can Confirm That Saraki Opposed Apc’s Muslim/muslim Ticket – Fani-kayode by Praktikals(m): 2:48pm On Apr 25, 2016
GoodMuyis:

Someone from Offa, Share, Oro etc may not agree with you.
Igbomiba people are not united, that's our problem. Instead of us to field a single candidate in 2003, Lai Muhammed, John Dara, Cornelius Adebayo and the rest of them all wanted to be Gov

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

"Police Gassed Asthmatic Dino Melaye" — Senator Ben Murray-Bruce / Aisha Yesufu Condemns Use Of Miyetti Allah To Negotiate Release Of Schoolboys / Fashola Tutors Anambra Political Appointees On Governance

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.