Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,936 members, 7,817,742 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:25 PM

How To Prepare Documents For Submission - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / How To Prepare Documents For Submission (1424 Views)

What Documents Might One Need Outside Nigeria? / Documents For Italian Visa Application. / Britain Seeks Cooperation With Lagos On Verification Of Documents For British Pa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How To Prepare Documents For Submission by tunderule2016: 3:53pm On Apr 23, 2016
Some basic points about supporting documents for your visa application:

1. Make a photocopy (black and white will do) of every document you submit. If you genuinely don't mind not getting certain documents back, then don't enclose a copy but remember if your visa is denied and you want to reapply, some of the documents may be needed again.

2. Put them in logical order, such as printed-out application, followed by any extra form you need to submit such as Appendix 2, letters of introduction and sponsorship, passport(s), photos of the correct size, and then put together your financial documents, then accommodation, and lastly your relationship.

3. Don't use clips, binders, folders or anything else. Small items which may get lost can be placed inside a transparent Ziploc bag, such as passport, ID card, biometric residence permit etc. While you may think this will help the ECO (visa officer) to find what they are looking for, the reverse is usually the case. They will have to remove all clips, binders, folders, content page etc and rearrange the documents in their preferred order.

4. Make two piles, one for the originals and the other for the copies, in identical order, and hold each pile together with strings. Then it becomes a simple job for visa office staff to cut the strings, rearrange in their preferred order and present them to ECO (entry clearance officer) for review.

5. While each application is unique and some people may need more supporting documents than others, there is really no need to submit anything thicker than an inch (2.5 cm) or so. People often overdo communications record such as Skype log and texts. It should come to no more than 10 to 15 pages in all, leaving out the actual conversations but just recording the names of sender and recipient, with dates.

2 Likes

Re: How To Prepare Documents For Submission by Phoenix77: 11:24pm On Oct 24, 2017
Good evening, I'm sorry but I need your help with a little bit of advice and guide pls. I am preparing my application for a uk spousal visa...and I don't know if you can pls help out with certain tips on presenting a strong application. pls don't know if there is a way we can this discussion on a much confidential platform without sharing to much personal info on here. Thanks

(1) (Reply)

Who Still Uses ABC Transport Super Sleeper / 10 Most Mysterious Places On Earth / Photos: Journalists Tour Round The Interiors And Exteriors Of Ibom Air Crafts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.