Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,598 members, 7,809,168 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:40 AM

The Cross: Symbol Of The Accursed Not Christianity - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Cross: Symbol Of The Accursed Not Christianity (7488 Views)

Be Enlightened, Tithe Was Not Christianity, Don't Pay Again / If There Is No Power, It Is Not Christianity / Why Islam Is The Only True Religion NOT Christianity (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Cross: Symbol Of The Accursed Not Christianity by QuentinDay: 6:49pm On May 08, 2016
Syncan:
Hahahaha, you see, calling what I wrote "smoke and mirrors" doesn't prevent it from being true. You can't just wish it away. You find the truth bitter and all you could do is just keep typing while hoping to make sense. Anyway, I'll let you be
Lies cant keep up with truth, lies run sprints, but truth runs marathons. Lies lack stamina, that is why you have to let be. Hahahaha, you see.

Syncan:
In your mind all those people that spread the goodnews all over the ends of the earth,preaching Christ crucified, blessing people and lands with the sign, planting the Cross on lands conquered for Christ, baptising people into body of Christ, and who finally died for Christ are going to hell, despite all the signs that God was with them, while you and your fellow endtime jehova witnesses will be in heaven abi earth... I don't even know the one you seek again sef. Don't worry, am not going to start going up and down scriptures with you, I simply just want to make common sense cheesy
Matthew 7:22-23
22On that day, many will say to me, 'Lord, Lord, didn't we prophesy in your name, and in your name cast out demons and do many powerful deeds?'
23Then I will declare to them, ‘I never knew you. Go away from me, you lawbreakers!’

God or the Bible never authorised the veneration of the cross except one wants to be a lawbreaker of Exodus 20:4

Exodus 20:4's get out clause, is only when you are clearly and without doubt instructed by God to build or create images, as were the examples of the Ark of God aka Ark of the Covenant aka The Ark of the Testimony or the bronze serpent on a pole

Don't worry Matthew 7:22-23 shall not be your portion, if you arent the sort that kneels before a cross/crucifix and kissing it, bow down to the cross, bow down to the Kaaba, touch or kiss the Kaaba which are symbols of worship of gods made of wood/cross and stone/Kaaba as predicted will happen or as prophesied in
Deuteronomy 4:28, Deuteronomy 28:36 and Deuteronomy 28:64

Syncan:
Meanwhile when next you discuss with me, try not to break my posts into tiny parts as you like, it's a haven for mischief and dishonesty, I don't bother with such posts.
Hahahaha, you won't get off lightly
Not always but when it's done, your posts are deconstructed, in order to blow-by-blow reveal the false statements in them, that are unashamedly presented as if they were true
Re: The Cross: Symbol Of The Accursed Not Christianity by Ubenedictus(m): 9:45am On May 09, 2016
Syncan:

Stop trying hard to look reasonable, if you can't understand my posts its not my fault. You've shown lack of integrity by constantly changing goal posts, i don't have time for childish rants, those who come to nairaland are not all kids.
hehehe
Re: The Cross: Symbol Of The Accursed Not Christianity by Boomark(m): 3:48pm On May 10, 2016
Syncan:

Since you jehova witnesses have failed to get my point, let me try one last time to enlighten you. I won't start telling you that when the bronze serpent was destroyed in 2 kings- as quoted by QuentinDay- that the cherubs in the ark of covenant num 20:6, josh 7:6 were not destroyed too, neither do I want to remind you that more Images were built in Solomon's temple afterwards. I will leave those ones to you.
However let me take you to the acts of the apostles. I want to gently bring to your notice the fact that Circumcision to become adopted children of God was scriptural acts 15:5, even Jesus never removed it by words. Yet the apostles saw the works God wrought among the uncircumcised and they knew God supported Paul and co Acts 15:7-10. By that very act, they understood scripture better and knew that Circumcision was never, in the sense they thought, what is necessarily to belong to the family of God. In same manner, Today without wanting to I have pointed to you the works of the early Christians, who spread the gospel to the ends of the earth, who converted your fathers from their man made gods, who laid down their lives for the gospel before tyrants and savages,who destroyed your evil forests and defeated your community demons. I have told you they wore the cross/crucifix, I have told you they planted these in the lands conquered for Christ, I have told you they blessed people including your converted fathers with the sign of the cross, and God wrought miracles as they went. The apostles recognized God's work and were humble enough to accept the truth, but you, no, you are like those brethren who continue to insist that there must be circumcision for the gentiles as if they are God Himself. Smh.

Are a Satan witness? There is no point in all you have said above. You cannot present 'pap' as tea for people to drink. It is not acceptable.

If you don't have any scriptural bases for your belief which I believe is hinged on the bolded, then you might be at loss. Because not all that call him Lord Lord will enter there even though they cast out demons and do so many miracles in his name. Read Mt 7:21-23, that passage seems to be talking to people like you catholics. I think QuentinDay also pointed that to you. Go and meditate on it cos you guy built on an error.

If catholics cannot answer simple questions based on the scripture you quote, then you should hide your heads in shame whenever you want to think you compiled a book(bible) you will never ever understand. Worry you rev fathers and katikism' teachers, tell them Goloyath' Boomark is taunting you guys with questions you cannot answer. I am waiting for your David. Until then, that cross around your neck and altars are idols and for the cursed. Run from idol worship.

1. So are our saying that Jesus was urging his disciples to carve wooden cross for themselves and follow him? Luke 9:23.
2. Are you also saying that Paul was boasting over a piece of wooden cross? Gal 6:14
3. What is the message of the cross? Is the message about how to design, kneel and bow before a man-made cross? 1Cor 1:18-19.

1 Like

Re: The Cross: Symbol Of The Accursed Not Christianity by Nobody: 4:44pm On May 11, 2016
There are two Greek words translated as "cross" which are "stauros" and "xylon" and they are words that actually mean "pole", "timber", "wood", "tree" and "stake."

Archaeologists have unearthed the bones of a man who died by hanging on a pole. The discovery showed that the method of crucifixion or hanging is far different from the ones drawn or illustrated. For example, the foot nails were driven below the ankle and not directly on the foot.

Anyone who is hanged on a pole was seen as cursed or being a criminal. It is unscriptural to hold the cross in regard or to use the cross as a symbol.

Jesus was not the only one who was hanged, people were hanged before and after him. Crucifixion was the common way of execution in ancient Rome. If you think you are regarding Jesus by regarding the cross, it also means you are regarding people who have been hanged on a pole or impaled. Crucifixion was not restricted to Jesus (consider the two criminals that were hanged with him), so regarding the cross as a way of regarding Jesus is also showing regard to all men who were hanged (including criminals and some of Jesus' apostles).

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

You Can Accept Evolution And Still Believe In God (Video) / The Prosperity Gospel Ruined My Life / What Does God Command About Restitution And Reconciliation?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.