Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,815 members, 7,820,876 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:19 AM

Jesus Is God's Satisfaction - Joseph Prince - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Jesus Is God's Satisfaction - Joseph Prince (2234 Views)

Let God Love You Instead - Joseph Prince / A Brand New Body At The Blast Of A Trumpet - Joseph Prince / Adeboye Addresses Joseph Obayemi & Odesola After Their Appointments (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jesus Is God's Satisfaction - Joseph Prince by jiggaz(m): 6:41am On Apr 24, 2016
Leviticus 1:9
…And the priest shall burn all [the pieces of the bull] on the altar as a burnt sacrifice, an offering made by fire, a sweet aroma to the Lord.

When Jesus was on the cross, He did more than just die for your sins. His one sacrifice did not just remove your sins, but it also clothed you in His righteousness and perfection. Jesus became the true “burnt sacrifice”.

In the Old Testament, whenever someone offered a burnt sacrifice, the perfection of the animal came on him. In the same way, every perfect attribute of Jesus your “burnt sacrifice” comes on you when you take Him as your Savior. And because God sees you clothed with Christ, you have the same acceptance and favor with Him that Jesus has!

When Jesus was offered on the cross, the fire of God brought out His perfections like perfume to God. In that one sacrifice, Jesus’ obedience and perfections rose as “a sweet aroma to the Lord”, which is what is emitted when the offering is burnt. This “sweet aroma” speaks of a savor of rest to God. Jesus’ perfect sacrifice gave God so much satisfaction that He rested.

You can also rest in the perfect sacrifice of Jesus, knowing that what He did, He did for you—“Christ also has loved us and given Himself for us, an offering and a sacrifice to God for a sweet-smelling aroma”. (Ephesians 5:2) You can rest knowing that God the Father is satisfied with you because His Son’s sacrifice has caused His heart to rest with regard to you. You can rest because Jesus is God’s satisfaction for you.

Today, as you come before God, say, “Father, I thank You that Jesus is such a delight and joy to You. He satisfies Your heart completely. And what He did, He did for me. Because Jesus so satisfies You, I know that You are satisfied with me. Because Jesus is Your delight, I am also Your delight. Because Jesus so pleases You, I know I please You too. And because Jesus is my righteousness and perfection, I stand righteous and perfect before You.”

Beloved, when you speak of Christ and His finished work, it goes up to God as a sweet-smelling aroma, a savor of rest. And if God can rest in the perfect sacrifice of His Son, you can too!

Thought For The Day

You can rest because Jesus is God’s satisfaction, delight, righteousness and perfection for you.

http://www.josephprince.org/daily-grace/grace-inspirations/single/jesus-is-gods-satisfaction/
Re: Jesus Is God's Satisfaction - Joseph Prince by jiggaz(m): 12:24pm On Apr 24, 2016
The Gospel is all about Jesus Christ and His finished work on the cross....... It is not about what you do or don't do.... All you need do is believe that Christ died for you and was raised on the third day by God for your justification....
Re: Jesus Is God's Satisfaction - Joseph Prince by jiggaz(m): 4:37pm On Apr 24, 2016
noted
Re: Jesus Is God's Satisfaction - Joseph Prince by jiggaz(m): 9:09pm On Apr 24, 2016
evening
Re: Jesus Is God's Satisfaction - Joseph Prince by jiggaz(m): 6:14pm On Apr 27, 2016
evening...
Re: Jesus Is God's Satisfaction - Joseph Prince by jiggaz(m): 5:12pm On Jul 27, 2016
evening........ .....
Re: Jesus Is God's Satisfaction - Joseph Prince by jiggaz(m): 6:32pm On Sep 13, 2016
jiggaz:
evening........ .....
... ..
Re: Jesus Is God's Satisfaction - Joseph Prince by jiggaz(m): 8:22pm On Oct 25, 2016
evening.......
Re: Jesus Is God's Satisfaction - Joseph Prince by jiggaz(m): 6:52am On Oct 26, 2016
morning...
Re: Jesus Is God's Satisfaction - Joseph Prince by jiggaz(m): 2:11pm On Oct 26, 2016
afternoon..
Re: Jesus Is God's Satisfaction - Joseph Prince by sonmvayina(m): 2:28pm On Oct 26, 2016
Jesus is a mockery against God...a big insult against God. all those who started and perpertuated the scam will be destroyed accordingly...in due time...
Re: Jesus Is God's Satisfaction - Joseph Prince by jiggaz(m): 6:46am On Oct 27, 2016
morning....
Re: Jesus Is God's Satisfaction - Joseph Prince by jiggaz(m): 6:49am On Oct 27, 2016
sonmvayina:
Jesus is a mockery against God...a big insult against God. all those who started and perpertuated the scam will be destroyed accordingly...in due time...
grin alright...
Re: Jesus Is God's Satisfaction - Joseph Prince by sonmvayina(m): 7:56am On Oct 27, 2016
jiggaz:
grin alright...

when, i was growiing up i used to think Jesus was the most important being in christainity..But Nooo, he is not. it is the devil..because without the devil there is no christ and christanity..So when i grew up the question i asked my self was: Why will i loving God/father create the devil to toment his children?.until i found out the devil is just a new testament creation so that the jesus just created in Nicea will be accepted..The almighty God i know is responsible for everthing whether good or evil.even if the devil exist, its duty must surely be to obey the will and command of its creator..if not it will be put out of existence..so with that knowledge, i asked my self again : who/ what is jesus saving me from? If God is responsible for creating the good and the evil and nothing happens until God says so..(Isaih 45:7, Lamentation 3:38). That was when i realised that jesus was just a roman creation due to the fact that the devil has been elevated and given the power it never posses and God made to look like a weakling..that to me is an inssult and mockery..and trust me..such deception must be punished..very very soon...
Re: Jesus Is God's Satisfaction - Joseph Prince by jiggaz(m): 9:09am On Oct 27, 2016
sonmvayina:

when, i was growiing up i used to think Jesus was the most important being in christainity..But Nooo, he is not. it is the devil..because without the devil there is no christ and christanity..So when i grew up the question i asked my self was: Why will i loving God/father create the devil to toment his children?.until i found out the devil is just a new testament creation so that the jesus just created in Nicea will be accepted..The almighty God i know is responsible for everthing whether good or evil.even if the devil exist, its duty must surely be to obey the will and command of its creator..if not it will be put out of existence..so with that knowledge, i asked my self again : who/ what is jesus saving me from? If God is responsible for creating the good and the evil and nothing happens until God says so..(Isaih 45:7, Lamentation 3:38). That was when i realised that jesus was just a roman creation due to the fact that the devil has been elevated and given the power it never posses and God made to look like a weakling..that to me is an inssult and mockery..and trust me..such deception must be punished..very very soon...
What kind of disjointed reasoning is this?

First and foremost, Jesus Christ is God and without Him, there is no Christianity.

Secondly, satan is never important in Christianity. He's a fallen angel whom Jesus defeated on the cross of Calvary and made a public shame of him. His eternal home is the lake of fire with his fallen angels. And his time is near.

Lastly, God did not creat evil. Evil was found in Lucifer who was the person that introduced a second will in this Universe apart from the will of God. Through Lucifer's fall and him deceiving Adam & Eve in the garden, evil came into this world. But not for so long because Christ is coming to fix this fallen world and restore it to the paradise that it was....

1 Like

Re: Jesus Is God's Satisfaction - Joseph Prince by sonmvayina(m): 9:36am On Oct 27, 2016
No wahala...you must surely learn and know. even if it takes you a million life times.....everything hidden will be laid bare...
Re: Jesus Is God's Satisfaction - Joseph Prince by sonmvayina(m): 9:38am On Oct 27, 2016
It is God that is responsible for both good and evil..so what is jesus saving you from? Read isaih 45:1-10 and Lamentation 3:38..
Re: Jesus Is God's Satisfaction - Joseph Prince by jiggaz(m): 9:39am On Oct 27, 2016
sonmvayina:
No wahala...you must surely learn and know. even if it takes you a million life times.....everything hidden will be laid bare...
grin but i thought you are an atheist my brother?
Re: Jesus Is God's Satisfaction - Joseph Prince by jiggaz(m): 9:43am On Oct 27, 2016
sonmvayina:
It is God that is responsible for both good and evil..so what is jesus saving you from? Read isaih 45:1-10 and Lamentation 3:38..
God is never responsible for evil. Evil came into this world as a result of the Fall of Adam and the curse.
Re: Jesus Is God's Satisfaction - Joseph Prince by sonmvayina(m): 10:05am On Oct 27, 2016
jiggaz:
grin but i thought you are an atheist my brother?

No am not...i know what God is and what it is not..i just dont have time for the BS man had built around the concept..AKA Religion.
Re: Jesus Is God's Satisfaction - Joseph Prince by sonmvayina(m): 10:07am On Oct 27, 2016
jiggaz:
God is never responsible for evil. Evil came into this world as a result of the Fall of Adam and the curse.

read those padsages and explain them to me...please.
Re: Jesus Is God's Satisfaction - Joseph Prince by jiggaz(m): 1:14pm On Oct 27, 2016
sonmvayina:

No am not...i know what God is and what it is not..i just dont have time for the BS man had built around the concept..AKA Religion.
Alright.... just like you, i also don't have time for man made religion because that is not Christianity.

But Jesus Christ is the beginning and end of Christianity... His Death, Burial & Resurrection is the core of Christianity.... Had it been Christ have not risen from death, we would all have been believing in vain. But because He has risen and sitteth at the right hand of God Almighty, our belief is valid.
Re: Jesus Is God's Satisfaction - Joseph Prince by udatso: 1:58pm On Oct 27, 2016
jiggaz:
The Gospel is all about Jesus Christ and His finished work on the cross....... It is not about what you do or don't do.... All you need do is believe that Christ died for you and was raised on the third day by God for your justification....
You mean all I have to do is just believed? Irrespective of what I do, I am save as long as there is belief?
Re: Jesus Is God's Satisfaction - Joseph Prince by promise10: 2:14pm On Oct 27, 2016
udatso:

You mean all I have to do is just believed? Irrespective of what I do, I am save as long as there is belief?
Eternal life(salvation) is a free gift that is not based on the good things you have done, but on the good thing jesus did at the cross by his death on our behalf. if it be by a free gift, it is no more by works, otherwise, a free gift is no more a free gift.

1 Like

Re: Jesus Is God's Satisfaction - Joseph Prince by udatso: 2:43pm On Oct 27, 2016
promise10:

Eternal life(salvation) is a free gift that is not based on the good things you have done, but on the good thing jesus did at the cross by his death on our behalf. if it be by a free gift, it is no more by works, otherwise, a free gift is no more a free gift.
When you say" believe ", I want to know what it entails. What's the natureand architecture of this belief ?
Re: Jesus Is God's Satisfaction - Joseph Prince by promise10: 4:13pm On Oct 27, 2016
udatso:

When you say" believe ", I want to know what it entails. What's the natureand architecture of this belief ?
okay.

God as an intelligent designer created man. Of which at the end of the day, they rebelled against God. *just to keep things short*

Now when they committed the sin, the sin they committed killed them spiritually by separating them from God. By the sin they committed, sin entered the world. And sin contaminated the world and brought most of the things we are suffering from today.

However, because we have been separated from God through sin, we need a saviour, who will reconcile us back to God. of which, through God's love for the world, he has offered a himself as a saviour.

Since the whole world has been contaminated, nobody was qualified to save us and reconcile us back to God.

Moreover, before we can be reconciled, justice has to be met. what is the justice? The justice is that the wages of sin is death. In other words, for the whole world to be saved, justice must be met, the wages of the sin of the whole world has to be paid for through death.

For this to be done, God from himself, created an incarnate son of himself in the person of Jesus. And for the ransom he offered to be qualified, the ransom has to be sinless, if not he has to pay for his own sins first before paying for others.

Now, God commended his love towards the whole world in that while we were yet sinner(liars, fornicators, criminals e.t.c), jesus christ came and took the punishment of our sins.

Finally, the nature and architecture of our belief is that, if we confess and believe that jesus came of God and that he died and was punished for our whole life sins, we shall be saved. it means that if my punishment was punished on Jesus, then God will no longer punish me, because justice demanded has been met. Otherwise, he is committing a sin of double jeopardy. God follows justice.

That's why the bible says that eternal life is a gift that has been paid for, by the punishment of our sins that was laid on Jesus. And that it is not of our good works, but a free gift.

if you need any biblical proof for the above, then you can ask me for it.

God bless you.
Re: Jesus Is God's Satisfaction - Joseph Prince by udatso: 5:10pm On Oct 27, 2016
promise10:

okay.

God as an intelligent designer created man. Of which at the end of the day, they rebelled against God. *just to keep things short*

Now when they committed the sin, the sin they committed killed them spiritually by separating them from God. By the sin they committed, sin entered the world. And sin contaminated the world and brought most of the things we are suffering from today.

However, because we have been separated from God through sin, we need a saviour, who will reconcile us back to God. of which, through God's love for the world, he has offered a himself as a saviour.

Since the whole world has been contaminated, nobody was qualified to save us and reconcile us back to God.

Moreover, before we can be reconciled, justice has to be met. what is the justice? The justice is that the wages of sin is death. In other words, for the whole world to be saved, justice must be met, the wages of the sin of the whole world has to be paid for through death.

For this to be done, God from himself, created an incarnate son of himself in the person of Jesus. And for the ransom he offered to be qualified, the ransom has to be sinless, if not he has to pay for his own sins first before paying for others.

Now, God commended his love towards the whole world in that while we were yet sinner(liars, fornicators, criminals e.t.c), jesus christ came and took the punishment of our sins.

Finally, the nature and architecture of our belief is that, if we confess and believe that jesus came of God and that he died and was punished for our whole life sins, we shall be saved. it means that if my punishment was punished on Jesus, then God will no longer punish me, because justice demanded has been met. Otherwise, he is committing a sin of double jeopardy. God follows justice.

That's why the bible says that eternal life is a gift that has been paid for, by the punishment of our sins that was laid on Jesus. And that it is not of our good works, but a free gift.

God bless you.
Thanks for your reply.
There are other things You mentioned that I would have loved to talk about but for the sake of this thread, I will stay focus to the point.
So if this is a gift with no strings attached (besides believing in the finished work of Christ (pbuh) ), does that means such a believer has licence to commit all forms of crimes.
Re: Jesus Is God's Satisfaction - Joseph Prince by jiggaz(m): 5:43pm On Oct 27, 2016
promise10:

okay.

God bless you.
Excellent response bro.... thank you...
Re: Jesus Is God's Satisfaction - Joseph Prince by jiggaz(m): 5:59pm On Oct 27, 2016
udatso:

Thanks for your reply.
There are other things You mentioned that I would have loved to talk about but for the sake of this thread, I will stay focus to the point.
So if this is a gift with no strings attached (besides believing in the finished work of Christ (pbuh) ), does that means such a believer has licence to commit all forms of crimes.
There's nothing like licence to commit crimes here because people don't need a licence in the first place to commit any crime. Everyone, both believers and unbelievers have a conscience which tells them when they do good or bad things.

Any believer in Christ that thinks the grace of God is a licence to commit sin is only being ignorant, because sin destroys the life of a believer and also unbelievers alike. The person is just giving the devil a loophole to destroy their lives here on earth. Though the person is saved, but he will just waste his life on earth which is not God's will for us as believers.

I can see you are a Muslim.... It is well.....
Re: Jesus Is God's Satisfaction - Joseph Prince by promise10: 6:14pm On Oct 27, 2016
jiggaz:
Excellent response bro.... thank you...
Welcome bro.

I can see your good work here. Stay tight and keep it up.
Re: Jesus Is God's Satisfaction - Joseph Prince by udatso: 6:19pm On Oct 27, 2016
jiggaz:
There's nothing like licence to commit crimes here because people don't need a licence in the first place to commit any crime. Everyone, both believers and unbelievers have a conscience which tells them when they do good or bad things.

Any believer in Christ that thinks the grace of God is a licence to commit sin is only being ignorant, because sin destroys the life of a believer and also unbelievers alike. The person is just giving the devil a loophole to destroy their lives here on earth. Though the person is saved, but he will just waste his life on earth which is not God's will for us as believers.

I can see you are a Muslim.... It is well.....
Thanks
Re: Jesus Is God's Satisfaction - Joseph Prince by jiggaz(m): 6:30pm On Oct 27, 2016
udatso:
Thanks
You welcome.

(1) (2) (Reply)

The New UK PM Is A Freemason / Photos Of A Dwarf Nigierian Pastor Preaching At A Crusade In Kaduna(photos) / This Is The Real History Of How The Quran Was Compiled - Must See!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.