Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,120 members, 7,818,360 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:29 PM

Madukar Orji Harassed At MMIA By DSS - Man Alleges - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Madukar Orji Harassed At MMIA By DSS - Man Alleges (34316 Views)

Boko Haram Commander Who Escaped From Prison In 2010 Arrested By DSS In Bauchi / How I And My Relatives Were Harassed At Kuje Prison - Kanu's Sister / Encounter With DSS @ MM Intl Airport-madukar Orji (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Madukar Orji Harassed At MMIA By DSS - Man Alleges by holluwai(m): 11:11am On Apr 24, 2016
Omo heniken ni man yii muu men... What!!!
Re: Madukar Orji Harassed At MMIA By DSS - Man Alleges by Orikinla(m): 11:13am On Apr 24, 2016
Finally, his #GidiBlues is he likes Heineken. grin
Re: Madukar Orji Harassed At MMIA By DSS - Man Alleges by Tenim47(m): 11:13am On Apr 24, 2016
4 naija no corruption
Re: Madukar Orji Harassed At MMIA By DSS - Man Alleges by caphone: 11:14am On Apr 24, 2016
Mbok have yu seen Obama in uK yesterday?
Re: Madukar Orji Harassed At MMIA By DSS - Man Alleges by Nobody: 11:17am On Apr 24, 2016
where are the links to his articles?
Re: Madukar Orji Harassed At MMIA By DSS - Man Alleges by Nnemuka(f): 11:18am On Apr 24, 2016
you think the reason the mediahas gone deaf and dumb about alot of ills going on in the country is because Buhari is working?
say peem and watch Dss come after you and accuse you of being corrupt.

Freedom of speech left with GEJ.

7 Likes

Re: Madukar Orji Harassed At MMIA By DSS - Man Alleges by Electroweb(m): 11:19am On Apr 24, 2016
It is well.
Re: Madukar Orji Harassed At MMIA By DSS - Man Alleges by girlfriendsnatc: 11:21am On Apr 24, 2016
ebosie11:
A Nigerian man, Madukar Orji pictured above took to his facebook page to narrate his bitter encounter with some men of the Department of State Services at the Murtala Mohammed Int’l airport on Friday 15. He claims the men wanted to have him arrested because of some articles he wrote but was saved because he’s an American citizen. Read his post below;[b]“It was Friday, 15th day of April 2016. I arrived at MM intl airport for a scheduled flight back to the U.S., I checked in my luggage and went through immigration to the boarding area. Immediately as I walked away from the immigration scanning area two plain clothed men walked to me; they brought out a photograph of me printed, I guessed, from my blog. They asked, "are you Madukar Orji? I said "yes." They identified themselves as State Security officers. Though I expected this on my arrival, not on departure, I was caught off guard. They brought out about three articles from my big written by me of course. One of them, with chaotic intimidating voice said, “it is Nigerians like you abroad that write rubbish about the country. Calmly I replied, “I don’t know what many write, but I do not write rubbish, I write nothing but truth." I went further to exemplified my points in relation to the articles they had. They stood still for seconds without response. At this point they asked for my passport and boarding pass. They said to me, “it seems your journey has come to an end here.” I said nothing, but gently smiled. In an unintended chorus both men said, “so you are an American citizen? Where is your Nigerian passport?” I said "I am an American, I don’t have Nigerian passport." One of them left with the passport. About 30 minutes later he came back, handed me my passport without a word, and I collected it back without a word too. He then said, "you can go." I left to board my flight, though still have about 5 hours to wait.To cool off the harrassment I found a relaxing zone in MM Heineken Bar.Throughout the encounter neither was I shaken nor surprised. I had a mindset it might come, hence I traveled on a Nigerian visa - it was my Amazing Grace. My experience is portrayal of how low the political corrupt cabal in Nigeria can descent to intimidate free citizens, deprived them free speech. If a little guy like me could be trailed online what about the big guys that live by the pen.There is still more gist to write about my trip.”[/b]Source: https://m.facebook.com/madukar.orji/posts/10206427454304634Via: http://www.trezzyblog.com/2016/04/man-shares-his-bitter-encounter-with.html

Typical ibo man beer palor tales undecided. Look at how drowsy and dilated his eyes are; you could deduce maybe that was his 9th bottle. There's nothing you won't hear when beer is at work. Too much beer shortcircuits intelligence.
Re: Madukar Orji Harassed At MMIA By DSS - Man Alleges by 9jatatafo(m): 11:21am On Apr 24, 2016
Hmmm
Re: Madukar Orji Harassed At MMIA By DSS - Man Alleges by LMFashions: 11:23am On Apr 24, 2016
dare2differ:
I need to look up the word ‘harassment' again. I am getting old!

U should do dat asap because the old age is beginning to interfer with ur ability to understand

3 Likes

Re: Madukar Orji Harassed At MMIA By DSS - Man Alleges by kindy51(m): 11:23am On Apr 24, 2016
Blackfire:

When u voted for us, did u think we will sit back and let u criticise us like Jona once we grab that power?

Why did u think we call him clueless?
I didn't. Know you are this dumb!!! undecided
Re: Madukar Orji Harassed At MMIA By DSS - Man Alleges by divineappo(m): 11:25am On Apr 24, 2016
Am not saying dis bcoz u are igbo(IPOB), but kindly tell us d content of ur articles, who know whether u wrote tins dat could undermine d unity of the state, who know whether u promoted biafra wit ur article, who knows whether u called igbos to disintegrate from nigeria. so b4 i judge d DSS agents wrongly, kindly share d content of ur articles wit us.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Madukar Orji Harassed At MMIA By DSS - Man Alleges by Nobody: 11:25am On Apr 24, 2016
Nnemuka:
you think the reason the mediahas gone deaf and dumb about alot of ills going on in the country is because Buhari is working?
say peem and watch Dss come after you and accuse you of corrupt charges and embezzelment.

Freedom of speech left with GEJ.

and the desperate revisionism of gej's disastrous rule continues. you forget that under gej's 'freedom of press' newspapers were being siezed by soldiers?

or that he followed up with actions last seen in the days of IBB and Abacha, when soldiers siezed /intercepted copies of the economist ?

wailers - you cant tell whether they are liars or amnesiacs, or both.
Re: Madukar Orji Harassed At MMIA By DSS - Man Alleges by ihimiray(m): 11:25am On Apr 24, 2016
lashout1:
Some how I wish someone in the past acted right or wrong to tilt the origin of my parents to Ghana or Liberia.
or niger
Re: Madukar Orji Harassed At MMIA By DSS - Man Alleges by mowapa(m): 11:27am On Apr 24, 2016
Common people, I have lived in America and have been pulled aside numerous times for finicky reasons too, every nation maitain a security watch list.his right was not violated. All they asked according to him were questions and he was let go. Don't turn this Into something else jo.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Madukar Orji Harassed At MMIA By DSS - Man Alleges by Orjioorji(f): 11:27am On Apr 24, 2016
Buhari is a terrorist, mohammadanism thought them to use pretence and kill their opponents and that's what is happening now.

6 Likes

Re: Madukar Orji Harassed At MMIA By DSS - Man Alleges by dare2differ: 11:27am On Apr 24, 2016
LMFashions:

U should do dat asap because the old age is beginning to interfer with ur ability to understand

Trust me, I know what harassment is. Normal meaning o, legal meaning o...I know everything.

If it was indeed harassment, let the man sue them nasmiley

Bunch of educated illiterates!undecided
Re: Madukar Orji Harassed At MMIA By DSS - Man Alleges by Jacko1(m): 11:28am On Apr 24, 2016
Very old stale news....

Saw this last week on my facebook

Hmmm dat means my facebook info is more current than nairaland sometimes
Re: Madukar Orji Harassed At MMIA By DSS - Man Alleges by musicwriter(m): 11:31am On Apr 24, 2016
One thing we must oppose about the Buhari government is dictatorship and media crackdown. Trailing someone from online to MMI airport because he made a speech?. That's extreme!.

If this government is more interested in controlling the media than improving the economy and living standard of Nigerians, they'll fail in this age of internet. It's dead on arrival. It would not work!.

3 Likes

Re: Madukar Orji Harassed At MMIA By DSS - Man Alleges by Nnemuka(f): 11:34am On Apr 24, 2016
oyb:

and the desperate revisionism of gej's disastrous rule continues. you forget that under gej's 'freedom of press' newspapers were being siezed by soldiers?

or that he followed up with actions last seen in the days of IBB and Abacha, when soldiers siezed /intercepted copies of the economist ?

wailers - you cant tell whether they are liars or amnesiacs, or both.
show us a proof that soldiers siezed newspapers... or anyone infact who was harassed by dss during GEJ's 5yrs.
pls prove it or shut up.

2 Likes

Re: Madukar Orji Harassed At MMIA By DSS - Man Alleges by Gext22: 11:37am On Apr 24, 2016
mowapa:
Common people, I have lived in America and have been pulled aside numerous times for finicky reasons too, every nation maitain a security watch list.his right was not violated. All they asked according to him were questions and he was let go. Don't turn this Into something else jo.
He was let go because he is American. Arresting him without due cause would have brought the wrath of the states department down on Nigeria.
Poor citizens like you though are the ones at the mercy of these animals, and yet you defend them due to a misguided sense of patriotism.
You are all on your own.

11 Likes

Re: Madukar Orji Harassed At MMIA By DSS - Man Alleges by tee4naija(m): 11:40am On Apr 24, 2016
in the words of Idiami " I can guarantee you freedom of speech,but freedom after speech, I can not''.
That is d situation in Nigeria now. So sad!

3 Likes

Re: Madukar Orji Harassed At MMIA By DSS - Man Alleges by Nobody: 11:41am On Apr 24, 2016
Nnemuka:

show us a proof that soldiers siezed newspapers... or anyone infact who was harassed by dss during GEJ's 5yrs.
pls prove it or shut up.

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/162255-nigerian-military-goes-berserk-blocks-newspapers-distribution-abuja-lagos.html

The Nigerian military on Saturday continued its onslaught on newspapers by sealing off the popular major distribution depot in the Area 1 District of Abuja, from where all newspapers are distributed to agents and vendors across the Nigerian capital.

Witnesses said soldiers in about seven trucks laid siege on the distribution point, preventing any kind of newspaper circulation from taking place.

Media houses promptly devised an alternate and secret means to ensure their papers get to the public in the Nigerian capital promptly; a reminder of the days of military dictatorship.

The Managing Director of Leadership Group, Azubike Ishiekwene, expressed his concern at the situation.

“As I speak to you now, I’ve been driving round Abuja, there are no papers in town. The major newspaper depot at Area 1 has been shut down by soldiers in seven trucks,” he told PREMIUM TMES. “This is definitely an affront on press freedom and free speech.”

It was not only in Abuja that the military declared war on newspapers.

In Lagos, soldiers confiscated thousands of copies of the Saturday edition of Leadership newspaper at the domestic wing of the Murtala Mohammed International Airport in Lagos.

The Lagos editor of the newspaper, Kazeem Akintunde, confirmed the seizure to PREMIUM TIMES.

Foramfera

“Yes, our paper was seized this morning at the airport around 6 a.m.,” Mr. Akintunde said.

The newspaper’s cover story for the day concerns the death of the Emir of Kano and not any report relating to military operations.

He also said a staff of the circulation department of the paper was arrested by the soldiers.

In Benin, the Edo State capital, soldiers continued their siege on the office of the Nigerian Union of Journalists, NUJ, preventing all but Leadership and The Nation newspapers from being circulated.

Patrick Ochoga, the Edo state correspondent of Leadership in Benin confirmed this to PREMIUM TIMES.

The military attack on Nigerian newspapers commenced on Friday with soldiers confiscating thousands of Nigerian newspapers including Leadership, The Nation, and Punch newspapers.

The military, however, defended its actions in a statement by its spokesperson, Chris Olukolade, who said it was a routine security check.

“The Defence Headquarters wishes to clarify that the exercise has nothing to do with content or operation of the media organisations or their personnel as is being wrongly imputed by a section of the press,” Mr. Olukolade, a Major General, said on Friday.

Mr. Olukolade could not be reached on Saturday to comment on the continuing media onslaught.

The Nigerian government also, Friday, defended the military’s attack on Newspapers.

“The military will not deliberately and without cause, infringe on the freedom of the press,” Mike Omeri, the Director General of the National Orientation Agency said.

According to him, “confiscation of newspapers has nothing to do with content or operation of the media organisations or their personnel.”

The military onslaught against the media might not be unconnected with several media reports, first published by Leadership Newspapers, that nearly a dozen army generals and soldiers on lower ranks were being court-martialled for sabotaging the Nigerian government’s onslaught against Boko Haram; a report the military denied.

this is not a wailer's beer parlour where you can pull facts out of your arse and spam them as gospel truth.

that is just one article.

plenty more where that came from

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Madukar Orji Harassed At MMIA By DSS - Man Alleges by Gext22: 11:42am On Apr 24, 2016
divineappo:
Am not saying dis bcoz u are igbo(IPOB), but kindly tell us d content of ur articles, who know whether u wrote tins dat could undermine d unity of the state, who know whether u promoted biafra wit ur article, who knows whether u called igbos to disintegrate from nigeria. so b4 i judge d DSS agents wrongly, kindly share d content of ur articles wit us.
Which unity and which state?
Do you even know what unity means?
Jesters.

7 Likes

Re: Madukar Orji Harassed At MMIA By DSS - Man Alleges by Pidggin(f): 11:45am On Apr 24, 2016
utenwuson:
d face though

Wetin do the face?
Re: Madukar Orji Harassed At MMIA By DSS - Man Alleges by victorazy(m): 11:45am On Apr 24, 2016
niceprof:
Smart guy .Teaching them the ABC of modern day episonage.

Na igbo man naw undecided

1 Like

Re: Madukar Orji Harassed At MMIA By DSS - Man Alleges by onatisi(m): 11:47am On Apr 24, 2016
tee4naija:
in the words of Idiami " I can guarantee you freedom of speech,but freedom after speech, I can not''.
That is d situation in Nigeria now. So sad!
The dangerous aspect is that when 2019 draws near ,and buhari plus APc sees defeat starring them in the face due to non delivery of their 2015 campaign promises,notable opposition figures will be forced to support apc through coercion. Social media will be censored under the pretext of national security, the social media bill will be passed sooner or later. Then even nairaland wont be spared

1 Like

Re: Madukar Orji Harassed At MMIA By DSS - Man Alleges by Blackfire(m): 11:49am On Apr 24, 2016
kindy51:
I didn't. Know you are this dumb!!! undecided

Can u explain

1 Like

Re: Madukar Orji Harassed At MMIA By DSS - Man Alleges by Nnemuka(f): 11:49am On Apr 24, 2016
oyb:

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/162255-nigerian-military-goes-berserk-blocks-newspapers-distribution-abuja-lagos.html

this is not a wailer's beer parlour where you can pull facts out of your arse and spam them as gospel truth.

that is just one article.

plenty more where that came from
oh i was expecting an authentic news from Punch or the sun but here we have PREMIUM TIMES owned by an aboki...

The military attack on Nigerian newspapers commenced on Friday with soldiers confiscating thousands of Nigerian newspapers including Leadership, The Nation, and Punch newspapers.

The military, however, defended its actions in a statement by its spokesperson, Chris Olukolade, who said it was a routine security check.

wait, the article said soldiers and military not in any way did he mention GEJ, DSS or even the FG.
we talking bout buhari's younger brother in charge of our DSS in the name of Buratai Daura sir and the way he carries out his APC duties by making sure ppl no longer carry news bout the dullard.pheww

2 Likes

Re: Madukar Orji Harassed At MMIA By DSS - Man Alleges by tsdarkside(m): 11:50am On Apr 24, 2016
guy...mess up tooooo much,and the dss will visit you...

this is their job.....

soooooo...what are you lamenting about??...

if you dont want to be visited by the dss,then stop messing up...!!..

simple....
Re: Madukar Orji Harassed At MMIA By DSS - Man Alleges by onatisi(m): 11:51am On Apr 24, 2016
tsdarkside:

guy...mess up tooooo much,and the dss will visit you...

this is their job.....

soooooo...what are you lamenting about??...

if you dont want to be visited by the dss,then stop messing up...!!..

simple....

Another case that happened in january

http://elombah.com/index.php/reports/4202-arrested-us-based-buhari-critic-lawyer-released-by-dss

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Atiku Abubakar Visits Ibrahim Babangida In Minna (Photo) / Fubara Arrives Rivers Assembly To Present Budget (photos) / Amaechi Welcomed At Calabar Carnival In A Warm Manner

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.