Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,843 members, 7,813,845 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:44 PM

The State Of University Of Abuja's Hostel Toilet - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The State Of University Of Abuja's Hostel Toilet (28398 Views)

NASU Strike: University Of Abuja Hostel Looking So Dirty (Photos) / This Naming Of University After Some People Can Be Funny O! Imagine This... / Female Student Of University Of Ghana Jumps To Her Death (Graphic Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

The State Of University Of Abuja's Hostel Toilet by gwagwaladagist: 11:31am On Apr 24, 2016
During the weekend gwagwaladagist.com took out time to visit the University of Abuja Male Hostel (Mini Campus) to ascertain the state of the student’s toilet and bathroom. This was our findings.

A 400 Level student, who did not want his name disclosed said that it is better to defecate in the bushes than using the toilets in the hostel. According to him, the toilets are always messed up, with tissues and some other harder papers are sometimes discarded inside the toilets.

The source attributed the unhealthy environment to lack of adequate water needed to wash and flush the toilets.

However, the situation is better at the University where the school authority engages a private sanitary company for the upkeep of the hostel. The University of Abuja has been a place of attraction for students in Nigeria because the institution is situated at the Federal Capital Territory, Abuja.

Many parents even go as far as bribing school officials to secure admissions for their wards. The high expectations of “lucky” freshmen are usually dashed when they find out that the bathrooms and toilets of the university are not in good condition.

One of the students who spoke with our reporter affirmed that most students do not maintain proper hygiene, saying they use the toilets without bothering to flush. Others who refused to mention their names said when the condition of the toilets deteriorate they result to other means. All efforts to speak with the head of students affairs proved abortive.

A lecturer who spoke on condition of anonymity attributed the ugly conditions of the toilet facilities in universities of Abuja to improper usage by the students, adding that most of the students defecate like uncivilized people.

Another female student in Girls hostel, Nzaga Alheri lamented that because the water reticulation system is not functional, a development which made it mandatory for them to always fetch water from the water reservoir facilities, the shower facilities in their bathroom were not functional.
She stated that at the average of four students per room, only about 8,568 students of the university were being housed in the hostels. She stated that there was need for the federal government to support the university to build more hostels since the institution has enough acres for the construction of such facilities. The student population in the university is over 20,000.
There seems to be a competition between the university authorities and private hostel providers over the issue of hostel management as students living in privately owned hostels within and around the university also testify to a clean sanitary system in their hostels.

Perhaps, the university forgot that students who learn good hygiene in school, can also become important health promoters everywhere especially at home. There is no doubt therefore that poor sanitation and its consequences particularly ill-health adversely affects school participation and contributing to poor classroom performance and early school dropout.

An Environmentalist Mr. Kelechi Uzor also said that poor sanitation decreases learning capacity as measured in educational performance, outcomes, and productivity. The lack of appropriate sanitary facilities may discourages students output especially girls, who are menstruating, in particular.

Lastly, the management of University of Abuja should look beyond the erection of gigantic infrastructures and issuance of honorary degrees in the last convocation rather should deliver quality academic services to the students who they are paid to serve.

God Bless Nigeria
God Bless University of Abuja

Source: http://gwagwaladagist.com/2016/04/photos-state-university-abujas-hostel-toilet/

1 Like

Re: The State Of University Of Abuja's Hostel Toilet by Wizzz: 11:37am On Apr 24, 2016
You don't see things like this here in heaven angry

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: The State Of University Of Abuja's Hostel Toilet by prahcetomi(m): 11:40am On Apr 24, 2016
Na incinerator be that?

6 Likes

Re: The State Of University Of Abuja's Hostel Toilet by prahcetomi(m): 11:41am On Apr 24, 2016
Wizzz:
You don't see things like this here in heaven angry
Dead man walking?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The State Of University Of Abuja's Hostel Toilet by Nobody: 11:42am On Apr 24, 2016
plis can somebody tell me what's this
Re: The State Of University Of Abuja's Hostel Toilet by Nixiepie(f): 12:00pm On Apr 24, 2016
A whole federal capital

8 Likes

Re: The State Of University Of Abuja's Hostel Toilet by Wizzz: 12:03pm On Apr 24, 2016
prahcetomi:
Dead man walking?
Angel among men

7 Likes

Re: The State Of University Of Abuja's Hostel Toilet by prahcetomi(m): 12:07pm On Apr 24, 2016
Wizzz:
Angel among men
oh,I see
Re: The State Of University Of Abuja's Hostel Toilet by Nobody: 12:11pm On Apr 24, 2016
They needs to come and see kogi state univerisity hotel toilets, that is when u will know that this is still clean

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: The State Of University Of Abuja's Hostel Toilet by Donnetimmy(m): 2:17pm On Apr 24, 2016
wow!
Re: The State Of University Of Abuja's Hostel Toilet by babyfaceafrica: 2:26pm On Apr 24, 2016
Hahahahahaha......naija I hail
Re: The State Of University Of Abuja's Hostel Toilet by spartanobad(m): 3:43pm On Apr 24, 2016
That looks like one used and dumped during d civil war

6 Likes

Re: The State Of University Of Abuja's Hostel Toilet by emmyw(m): 3:43pm On Apr 24, 2016
Hmmmm
Re: The State Of University Of Abuja's Hostel Toilet by Nobody: 3:43pm On Apr 24, 2016
Warris dis
Re: The State Of University Of Abuja's Hostel Toilet by Nobody: 3:43pm On Apr 24, 2016
School management AND SUG should always try to do some minor maintainers from so called fraud payments, Sug payments, insurance payments, departmental fee, Ict fee...
Re: The State Of University Of Abuja's Hostel Toilet by shamsuRana(m): 3:44pm On Apr 24, 2016
No change from how I left it years back..despite the fact that it went through a renovation.
The Vc's will answer before their creator,someday.
Re: The State Of University Of Abuja's Hostel Toilet by nurez305(m): 3:44pm On Apr 24, 2016
Oga, if you mean hostel toilet, this is very clean.... note: I'm talking from experience
Re: The State Of University Of Abuja's Hostel Toilet by Winifred60k(f): 3:44pm On Apr 24, 2016
Reminds me of Hall2 Uniben.
Re: The State Of University Of Abuja's Hostel Toilet by Sunofgod(m): 3:46pm On Apr 24, 2016
Animals...

2 Likes

Re: The State Of University Of Abuja's Hostel Toilet by rheether(f): 3:46pm On Apr 24, 2016
See am, the most corrupt university In Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: The State Of University Of Abuja's Hostel Toilet by seunlayi(m): 3:46pm On Apr 24, 2016
Still better than the toilets of some people who will start forming levels here

At the same time, all you VC subjecting students to this type of conditions should fear God.

1 Like

Re: The State Of University Of Abuja's Hostel Toilet by Nobody: 3:46pm On Apr 24, 2016
Choi my school don cast today. So they've still not fixed these toilets since 2012?

5 Likes

Re: The State Of University Of Abuja's Hostel Toilet by magabounce(m): 3:47pm On Apr 24, 2016
Ewooooo my Alma mater ooooo
Dat na small na.. wait till u see p'site toilet undecided undecided undecided undecided

2 Likes

Re: The State Of University Of Abuja's Hostel Toilet by Babalegba(m): 3:47pm On Apr 24, 2016
So the students are too lazy to clean it abi.Future leaders living in such filth.Nigeria I weep for you
Re: The State Of University Of Abuja's Hostel Toilet by Nobody: 3:47pm On Apr 24, 2016
Is not a small something
Re: The State Of University Of Abuja's Hostel Toilet by diegwu01: 3:48pm On Apr 24, 2016
GEJ's legacy.. undecided
Re: The State Of University Of Abuja's Hostel Toilet by OLUJOSHINS(m): 3:48pm On Apr 24, 2016
SMH

Nigeria jaga jaga

1 Like

Re: The State Of University Of Abuja's Hostel Toilet by Nobody: 3:49pm On Apr 24, 2016
Vikings007:
Choi my school don cast today. So they've still not fixed these toilets since 2012?
Allah we don cast

All mini campus peeps day suffer o gwags

3 Likes

Re: The State Of University Of Abuja's Hostel Toilet by Nobody: 3:49pm On Apr 24, 2016
God knows I will not view the attached picture!
For the life of me, who are these Neanderthals that misuse things such as this? How do they sleep at night? Haba! I can't deal sad

1 Like 1 Share

The girl them wan take photo
Them love me them love the guy for igboro
Brother live no be two
That’s why right now, my last name na yolo
And nowadays we dey keep am on the low low
But if na jangolo, all on mine me solo
Na so the boy go
From the ghetto to internationa
Lagos to Kampala
Say na we dey make the place catch fire
London to New York to Kigali
Hu all the ladies just dey look for me
Lagos to Kampala
Say na we dey make the place catch fire
Runtown and wizzi don’t go funny
Oh all the girls just dey fight for me
cool cool

1 Like

Re: The State Of University Of Abuja's Hostel Toilet by laurel03(m): 3:49pm On Apr 24, 2016
Even University of Sambisa toilet is not like ds...

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Identical Twin Brothers Arrested For Alleged Exam Malpractice In Borno / Obinna Udeze Autopsy Result: Septic Shock Killed Pupil / 20 Year Old Or 20 Years Old?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.