Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,340 members, 7,815,678 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:26 PM

How my inverter is saving me in this poor power supply and no-fuel situation - Science/Technology (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / How my inverter is saving me in this poor power supply and no-fuel situation (87570 Views)

NigComSat-1, Nigeria's Satellite In The Orbit: What Is The Situation Now? / Anular Eclipse In Nigeria: What's The Situation Report In Your Area?? / HEAVY RAIN DOWNPOUR IN LAGOS: What Is The Situation Of Things In Your Area? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How my inverter is saving me in this poor power supply and no-fuel situation by ideology(m): 10:13pm On Apr 24, 2016
Sanchase:
Inverter batteries requires charging, how do u charge the batteries with the epileptic power supply in Naija, this is in essence attempting to solve a problem by creating another problem.

The feasible alternative for PHCN seem to be solar energy as its renewable through sunlight, more light should be thrown on the use of solar energy rather than people posting the use of Inverters to make money at the expense of others.
a good generator can charge your battery too, power it for 2hours, then switch to inverter for another 8hours, i think that is fair na
Re: How my inverter is saving me in this poor power supply and no-fuel situation by NaLaugh: 10:13pm On Apr 24, 2016
DMerciful:
Mynd44, Lalasticlala ....we need more participation abi make I put snake inverter grin grin grin grin grin

I'm sure the word snake in your comment triggered their alarm. A title like this is what Nairaland is about now:

"See This Snake Inverter Endorsed by Tonto Dikeh While Flaunting Massive Cleavage (Graphic pics)"

8 Likes

Re: How my inverter is saving me in this poor power supply and no-fuel situation by DMerciful(m): 10:14pm On Apr 24, 2016
If you design your system such that you don't discharge ur battery less than 50% of its capacity...it can stay for about 4-6yrs
LongJohnS:

OK. So for how long does the battery last before it finally wears our??
Re: How my inverter is saving me in this poor power supply and no-fuel situation by ideology(m): 10:15pm On Apr 24, 2016
klarke:
My system is a small one but it serves me wella!
It's about 75k with solar panel
how many kva, which company
Re: How my inverter is saving me in this poor power supply and no-fuel situation by Nobody: 10:16pm On Apr 24, 2016
ideology:
oga who supplied your solar panels and what is the size of your apartment

LUMINOUS, 3 BEDROOM FLAT PLUS SECURITY LIGHTS(12 ENERGY SAVING BULBS) DOWNSTAIRS, SECRET IS, PUT OFF ANY UNUSED APPLIANCES, AT NIGHT ONLY FAN AND SECURITY LIGHTS RUN AFTER YOU ARE DONE WITH TV. USE GEN TO PUMP WATER AND IRON CLOTHES, I USE MY FRIDGE WITH IT
Re: How my inverter is saving me in this poor power supply and no-fuel situation by ideology(m): 10:17pm On Apr 24, 2016
crownlast:
double edge technologies,

Inverter and Solar Power Solutions

Get Inverter System for your house now, our inverter system can last 16- 24 hours,

Call 08060595019 for more information or send a mail to clementcrownrise@gmail.com for more information

• 800va/12v inverter + battery + installation - N120,000
• 1.5kva/24v inverter + batteries + installation - N200,000
• 2.5kva/24v inverter + 2 batteries + installation - N280,000
• 2.5kva/48v inverter + 4 batteries + installation - N420,000
• 3kva/48v inverter + 4 batteries + installation - N530,000
• 3.5kva/48v inverter + 4 batteries + installation - N680,000
• 5kva/96v inverter + 8 batteries + installation - N800,000
• 7.5kva/120v inverter +10 batteries + installation - N920,000
• 10kva/180v inverter + 15 batteries + installation - N1,675,000
• 15kva/360v inverter + 30 batteries + installation - N2,775,000
• 20kva/360v inverter + 30 batteries + installation - N4,650,000
• 30kva/360v inverter + 30 batteries + installation - N6,150,000
• 50kva/360v inverter + 30 batteries + installation - N10,500,000

your price list is similar to somotex company
Re: How my inverter is saving me in this poor power supply and no-fuel situation by bigtt76(f): 10:19pm On Apr 24, 2016
That would be ideal. All one needs to do is get a high wattage solar panel system. The excess power will be used to charge the battery.

The only issue here is power loss due to conversion of the solar panel's DC to AC for use with household appliances. This might be the reason why houses are supplied directly from battery. What you think?

DMerciful:
The battery comes into plan when night comes or when d sun is low provided your solar power generation is larger than your load averagely.
Re: How my inverter is saving me in this poor power supply and no-fuel situation by ideology(m): 10:19pm On Apr 24, 2016
GODAKPAN:

LUMINOUS, 3 BEDROOM FLAT PLUS SECURITY LIGHTS(12 ENERGY SAVING BULBS) DOWNSTAIRS, SECRET IS, PUT OFF ANY UNUSED APPLIANCES, AT NIGHT ONLY FAN AND SECURITY LIGHTS RUN AFTER YOU ARE DONE WITH TV. USE GEN TO PUMP WATER AND IRON CLOTHES, I USE MY FRIDGE WITH IT
lol, flex de go, if people like you plenty for Nigeria, your nepa bill no pass 1k a month

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How my inverter is saving me in this poor power supply and no-fuel situation by Lucasbalo(m): 10:23pm On Apr 24, 2016
eleojo23:
Whenever I am ready to build a house, solar-powered inverter system is going to be part of the budget from the onset. I think it is easier to include it in the budget and get it done from the onset than trying to do it later after some years. The cost can be discouraging.

So for me, the house will not be considered complete until the inverter system is up and running.
No time to wait for PHCN.

Even if PHCN improves, the inverter will still be useful because it will save cost on electricity bill.
You guys should just get rid of all the worthless old kleptocrats by popular uprising and get young unpolluted people to run Nigeria and there will be no need for inverter and other ills of Nigeria will be taken care. Recycling all worthless and corrupt politicians will only deepens Nigeria's situation.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How my inverter is saving me in this poor power supply and no-fuel situation by Nobody: 10:23pm On Apr 24, 2016
ideology:
lol, flex de go, if people like you plenty for Nigeria, your nepa bill no pass 1k a month

I NEVER HAD NEPA UNTILL LAST WEEK WHEN I HAD A TENANT, WAS USING GEN/SOLAR FOR CLOSE TO A YEAR NOW

2 Likes

Re: How my inverter is saving me in this poor power supply and no-fuel situation by ib22003(m): 10:23pm On Apr 24, 2016
Do you want to buy an inverter and you want value for your money.
I will tell u what to do.
First of all decide what is important to you in most of my client cases. It's light, fan and TV. A client contacted me for and inverter for Is apartment, I used a 1kva inverter and 200ah tokunbo battery for him, we connected only the lights, sockets and a energy saver fan. He get 12 hours for less than 60k in December. 2014.
Another client has a shop and wanted power in a supermarket for 8 bulbs and a small ceiling fan I used a 850 watt inverter and tokunbo battery 200amps and he uses it 12 hours daily.
Do you need an inverter and you want the best pricing and advice.
Call or WhatsApp 08103234587, 08079122647,

We also build our inverter here in nigeria at a better pricing. Our inverters have one year warranty.
We sell both new and tested tokunbo batteries.

Below Is our latest job at ifo ogunu state.

Re: How my inverter is saving me in this poor power supply and no-fuel situation by DMerciful(m): 10:24pm On Apr 24, 2016
It can get you a mopower or sukam 900va inverter at about 26k and battery about 55k. See!
adeaks:
But 273k is something else o.

Can 100k get someone a reasonable inverter for just a mini flat?
Re: How my inverter is saving me in this poor power supply and no-fuel situation by GoldEnyong(m): 10:24pm On Apr 24, 2016
What is the cost of a solar panel now?
Re: How my inverter is saving me in this poor power supply and no-fuel situation by Nobody: 10:26pm On Apr 24, 2016
ideology:
1.5kwa - 2. 5kwa if you have AC and fridge, if you go for 1. 5kwa, i suggest get 4 batteries. Then plan for solar panels,

With four batteries for a 1.5 kwa we are already talking about 270k total right?
Re: How my inverter is saving me in this poor power supply and no-fuel situation by Uchefrancis16(m): 10:27pm On Apr 24, 2016
ideology:
120k can cover 800MW from sukam, the same company that op bought his from

It depends on what you want to use it for.

And the consumption ratings of your apartment

But 800MW - 1.5KVA is ok for a self contained, bit you won't use your fridge or boiler or pressing iron on it.
How many batteries will amount to that? and like how many hours will it last?
Re: How my inverter is saving me in this poor power supply and no-fuel situation by ideology(m): 10:27pm On Apr 24, 2016
GODAKPAN:

I NEVER HAD NEPA UNTILL LAST WEEK WHEN I HAD A TENANT, WAS USING GEN/SOLAR FOR CLOSE TO A YEAR NOW
oga you are the man, FIRS say evades tax lol

1 Like

Re: How my inverter is saving me in this poor power supply and no-fuel situation by DMerciful(m): 10:28pm On Apr 24, 2016
Southern Nigeria is not windy except along the coastline but abundant solar energy.
Alabitrends01:
what of something like wind turbines, cannot be compared to solar. ?
Re: How my inverter is saving me in this poor power supply and no-fuel situation by ideology(m): 10:29pm On Apr 24, 2016
adeaks:

With four batteries for a 1.5 kwa we are already talking about 270k total right?
about the price if you want 4 batteries
Re: How my inverter is saving me in this poor power supply and no-fuel situation by Boss13: 10:30pm On Apr 24, 2016
Inverter is very good. I have not bought fuel for my generator since this month, even with my bad batteries, the fuel I previously had I decided to turn it into my car. If one can have enough money to buy an Telsa X model vehicle, no need to worry about fuel scarcity in this country.

It truly saves money.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How my inverter is saving me in this poor power supply and no-fuel situation by dokyOloye: 10:31pm On Apr 24, 2016
klarke:
My system is a small one but it serves me wella!
It's about 75k with solar panel
what n what load does it carry ?
Could u pls give a brief run down of d costs for each of d components?
Re: How my inverter is saving me in this poor power supply and no-fuel situation by ideology(m): 10:33pm On Apr 24, 2016
Uchefrancis16:
How many batteries will amount to that? and like how many hours will it last?
the number of battery is your choice, another thing is that batteries have different capacities, you can buy one battery that has capacity of 4 battery of another product.

How long it last depends on usage. And capacity of battery used but A fully charged battery should last for 12-16hrs

1 Like

Re: How my inverter is saving me in this poor power supply and no-fuel situation by Nobody: 10:33pm On Apr 24, 2016
ideology:
oga you are the man, FIRS say evades tax lol

MY BROTHER, THE COST OF NEPA TO MY HOUSE WAS ALMOST SAME PRICE AS THE INVERTER, SO I OPTED FOR INVERTER CUS THE LIGHT IS REGURLAR, ONLY HAD TO CONSIDER MY TENANT AS I CANT PROVIDE HER WITH THE SOLAR. HAD TO BUY 8 POLES AND BARE CONDUCTOR PLUS ACCESSORIES AND STILL PAY THEM TO GET NEPA, MEANWHILE IT WILL NEVER BE REGULAR WHILE YOUR BILLS WILL BE REGULAR

7 Likes

Re: How my inverter is saving me in this poor power supply and no-fuel situation by donem: 10:33pm On Apr 24, 2016
doskie:
for your inverters and solar power installation; www.nitramfrost.com thats the best in lagos Nigeria.
for 1 complete year now with a 10kva system. I do not know what 5 mins of power outage feels like. or call 07030222860.
with all due respect sire, can you intimate the full price quotation for this your 10kva solar system?
Re: How my inverter is saving me in this poor power supply and no-fuel situation by initiate: 10:34pm On Apr 24, 2016
pls I need the contact details of an experienced solar inverter installer

I have inverter already, I just want to buy panels and add
Re: How my inverter is saving me in this poor power supply and no-fuel situation by Nobody: 10:37pm On Apr 24, 2016
DMerciful:
I bought the batteries zenith 200AH x 4 @ 52k each. The inverter is 40k then, maybe 50k now cos of dollar grin. The rack was about 15k. It is good to install with a stabilizer for protection.I use 5KVA stabilizer although I have it before....all in all about N273k grin
nice
Re: How my inverter is saving me in this poor power supply and no-fuel situation by ideology(m): 10:37pm On Apr 24, 2016
GODAKPAN:

MY BROTHER, THE COST OF NEPA TO MY HOUSE WAS ALMOST SAME PRICE AS THE INVERTER, SO I OPTED FOR INVERTER CUS THE LIGHT IS REGURLAR, ONLY HAD TO CONSIDER MY TENANT AS I CANT PROVIDE HER WITH THE SOLAR. HAD TO BUY 8 POLES AND BARE CONDUCTOR PLUS ACCESSORIES AND STILL PAY THEM TO GET NEPA, MEANWHILE IT WILL NEVER BE REGULAR WHILE YOUR BILLS WILL BE REGULAR
cheesy @ regular bills

These guys want kill people with bills, bills are now competing with rent

2 Likes

Re: How my inverter is saving me in this poor power supply and no-fuel situation by Segadem(m): 10:37pm On Apr 24, 2016
Leeeekeeee:
273k??
The inverter dey offer salvation
[size=14pt]my brother, I think say na only me see am, 273k buy one plot of land for my village grin grin grin[/size]

3 Likes

Re: How my inverter is saving me in this poor power supply and no-fuel situation by DMerciful(m): 10:38pm On Apr 24, 2016
You can get all DC appliances and avoid the conversion process and losses however as these DC appliances are not common, they are expensive. I have even installed a DC fridge before. However, we have inverters that are over 90% efficient which is enough for domestic use.
bigtt76:
That would be ideal. All one needs to do is get a high wattage solar panel system. The excess power will be used to charge the battery.

The only issue here is power loss due to conversion of the solar panel's DC to AC for use with household appliances. This might be the reason why houses are supplied directly from battery. What you think?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How my inverter is saving me in this poor power supply and no-fuel situation by waziri4biz: 10:39pm On Apr 24, 2016
YOUNGSTUNNA:
All I need is stable and uninterrupted Power supply from my useless government....

The whites that make this stuff...they don't use it.

#Saynotoinverters
#saynotogenerators
#allineedisastablepowerfrommygovernment
do u think before u post or u just post to contribute something to the thread because ur point is just not important. U need uninterrupted power supply are getting that u are saying no to inverter

1 Like

Re: How my inverter is saving me in this poor power supply and no-fuel situation by danose99(m): 10:39pm On Apr 24, 2016
bigtt76:

are you absolutely ruling out the use of local power from the national grid?
Re: How my inverter is saving me in this poor power supply and no-fuel situation by DMerciful(m): 10:40pm On Apr 24, 2016
OK....its good to know all the same grin
GODAKPAN:

CHAIRMAN, I CAN ONLY GIVE YOU THOSE INFORMATION WHEN I GET HOME AND CHECK MY BOOKS, I KNOW LITTLE ABOUT THE SYSTEM HENCE MY CONTRACTING IT TO LUMINOUS ITSELF. THEY CAME FROM LAGOS TO UYO TO FIX IT. I JUST TRUSTED THEM AND HAVE GAT NO CAUSE TO COMPLAIN YET. MAYBE BECAUSE WHAT YOU DONT KNOW WOULDNT HURT YOU BUT AV GAT THE LIGHTS I WANTED
Re: How my inverter is saving me in this poor power supply and no-fuel situation by tosyne2much(m): 10:40pm On Apr 24, 2016
Sirmuel1:

N273k no be beans oh grin
Wetin Op dey talk sef grin
Abeg, I rather wait endlessly for NEPA grin grin
Hahahahahaha see as u dey make laff cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply)

Extreme Military Technology: Reason We Must Avoid World War III / This Fish is Able To Kill Snakes & Other Animals While Walking On Land (Video) / Lion Killed In Ngala, Borno State After It Killed Some People And Injured Others

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.