Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,195 members, 7,818,651 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:47 PM

Top 5 Famous Artistes Who Are Copy Cats - Celebrities (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Top 5 Famous Artistes Who Are Copy Cats (34799 Views)

5 Artistes Who Chose To Do Music Even Though Their Parents Were Billionaires!! / 5 Nigerian Artistes Who Acquired A G-wagon (photos) / 5 Artistes Who Started Their Careers With OJB Jezreel (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Top 5 Famous Artistes Who Are Copy Cats by ogorwyne(f): 4:02pm On Apr 25, 2016
Those are not copy copy na. Those are song thieves. Psquare na d original copy copy wen I know back in the days.

1 Like

Re: Top 5 Famous Artistes Who Are Copy Cats by lanxlot(m): 4:03pm On Apr 25, 2016
Nice write up op...so what do u what us 2 do 2 them now...oda dan dance 2 d rhythm of their plagiarized songs?
Re: Top 5 Famous Artistes Who Are Copy Cats by encryptjay(m): 4:06pm On Apr 25, 2016
Copy ko paste ni... It's called creativity.
Re: Top 5 Famous Artistes Who Are Copy Cats by superdude007(m): 4:07pm On Apr 25, 2016
In Olamide' voice.."Who u epp..u don eat.." lipsrsealed
Re: Top 5 Famous Artistes Who Are Copy Cats by dominique(f): 4:08pm On Apr 25, 2016
Mediapace:
Why Makinde Azeez of naijaloaded no dey list

Haha mankind the thief grin, he's not an artist naa
Re: Top 5 Famous Artistes Who Are Copy Cats by gbens2000(m): 4:09pm On Apr 25, 2016
Is that a scam or wat,I don't hear any patoranky there. undecided,nice song tho
Re: Top 5 Famous Artistes Who Are Copy Cats by Mayflowa(m): 4:10pm On Apr 25, 2016
You wanna know the truth. Many of Nigerian hit songs are copied. They go everywhere around the world up to Australia, Iceland to look for beats. And change the wording to pidgin or yoruba.

I heard the original sound of Olivia twist in Uk. That music was so stolen so are many other ones. If you know how to sing, you can always form words for a sound track!
Re: Top 5 Famous Artistes Who Are Copy Cats by Mediapace: 4:14pm On Apr 25, 2016
He is now,he also produce mixtapes now
dominique:

Haha mankind the thief grin, he's not an artist naa
Re: Top 5 Famous Artistes Who Are Copy Cats by Mrpeace1: 4:19pm On Apr 25, 2016
I totally agree.
Re: Top 5 Famous Artistes Who Are Copy Cats by percyshelu(m): 4:19pm On Apr 25, 2016
:POP is also a copycat, he copied this post from somewhere.
Re: Top 5 Famous Artistes Who Are Copy Cats by abbey621(m): 4:23pm On Apr 25, 2016
Most people don't know the difference between sampling, remixes and out right theft of a song. Most of the famous songs out there were sang by artiste from the early to mid 1900s but none of you are aware because the beat and some of the lyrics were changed to reflect modern times. Go and check out songs from Beyoncé, Alicia Keys and so on and then look up Madonna, Beatles and Tina Turner, it's a revolving cycle of creativity mixed with sampling.
Re: Top 5 Famous Artistes Who Are Copy Cats by Praizekeyz(m): 4:26pm On Apr 25, 2016
Abeg just leave olamide out ooo!!!
Badoo can write 20 songs a day without even cracking his brains hard...he cud jus like d *dont stop* slang and form a song with it.
Wait wat are u sayin sef?? All dis tins ur sayin did d artists stole d lyrics 4rm A-Z?? Dey just love d slangs and wrote on it which any fuking body can do....so WTF??
Re: Top 5 Famous Artistes Who Are Copy Cats by Ojestas(m): 4:35pm On Apr 25, 2016
MoneypassGod:
How did psquare not make dis list??
dem don steal your song before?
Re: Top 5 Famous Artistes Who Are Copy Cats by Ojestas(m): 4:36pm On Apr 25, 2016
nikkypearl:
You mean Airforce100 grin grin
A no kuku mention anybody name grin
Re: Top 5 Famous Artistes Who Are Copy Cats by Funjosh(m): 4:40pm On Apr 25, 2016
Mediapace:
Why Makinde Azeez of naijaloaded no dey list

That guy copy and paste no be here I shocked
Re: Top 5 Famous Artistes Who Are Copy Cats by Mediapace: 4:44pm On Apr 25, 2016
He must have even copied this one too grin
Funjosh:

That guy copy and paste no be here I shocked
Re: Top 5 Famous Artistes Who Are Copy Cats by 9jatatafo(m): 4:47pm On Apr 25, 2016
Lol
Re: Top 5 Famous Artistes Who Are Copy Cats by Nobody: 4:53pm On Apr 25, 2016
oldtopics:
My name is Chloe but the C and L are silent at night undecided
So that's why you're always loud at night - cos the C and L become silent.
Re: Top 5 Famous Artistes Who Are Copy Cats by x6blade(m): 4:59pm On Apr 25, 2016
Nonsense list
Re: Top 5 Famous Artistes Who Are Copy Cats by dominique(f): 5:11pm On Apr 25, 2016
Mediapace:
He is now,he also produce mixtapes now

He must be producing it for crooks like himself
Re: Top 5 Famous Artistes Who Are Copy Cats by Peacetemi: 5:22pm On Apr 25, 2016
When i saw famous i was expecting famous not this dumb nigerian artistes . Who gives a sh it ?? Ehn?? Who goes about giving shiiits??
Re: Top 5 Famous Artistes Who Are Copy Cats by toprealman: 5:30pm On Apr 25, 2016
vizkiz:
them dey craze undecided

If you know someone stole your song, then you go ahead and drop your own version of the song! Let's take don jazzy and wande coal's saga on the "babyface" song as an example...After don claimed he owned the song, the next thing he did was release his own version and everybody was happy (though wande's version was better)

Same thing goes for Davido and password in Gobe. Password claims he owns the song and he went ahead and dropped his own version.... E be like say na just 3 copies sell sha grin

What if I tell you lalasticlala stole my post as the supermod nko? Will you start blaming him just like that? undecided

what of ebeano? Till today, we still don't know the who the cat copied from.
Re: Top 5 Famous Artistes Who Are Copy Cats by Mediapace: 5:39pm On Apr 25, 2016
Abi o grin
dominique:

He must be producing it for crooks like himself
Re: Top 5 Famous Artistes Who Are Copy Cats by oodua1stson: 6:08pm On Apr 25, 2016
Let me correct some things in this post...

Tuface did not steal African queen from blackface. They co-wrote the song for a soap opera. The title of the soap opera was African queen. What 2face did wrong was releasing the song without the approval of blackface.

Davido & password. Davido did not steal gobe from password. Password had released the song like 2 years before Davido bought it from him, it was people who heard Davido's version that were claiming Davido stole his song. Password himself came out to say the truth that he sold the song to Davido .

1 Like

Re: Top 5 Famous Artistes Who Are Copy Cats by oodua1stson: 6:10pm On Apr 25, 2016
And Sean tizzle did not steal sho Lee from anybody. He was under Sound Sultan then and as the boss, Sound Sultan wrote the song for him
Re: Top 5 Famous Artistes Who Are Copy Cats by Olukazzy: 6:29pm On Apr 25, 2016
kingDELE:
So because Olamide used dat line, dat means he stole it

Its pple Like u dat claims dat Indian films are stolen because many of dem have d same story line
so what u are saying is dat olamide modified it shey
Re: Top 5 Famous Artistes Who Are Copy Cats by updatechange(m): 6:58pm On Apr 25, 2016
What about shoki the main dance/ Alhaji orezi/lil kesh/ b red/ and so on
Re: Top 5 Famous Artistes Who Are Copy Cats by Randyblincks(m): 7:03pm On Apr 25, 2016
i don't give a damn on what anyone thinks... But, i know my WizzyBaby-Baba Nla isn't a thief. Gosh!!! Wizzy fit wake from sleep anytime begin sing.
Re: Top 5 Famous Artistes Who Are Copy Cats by kingDELE(m): 7:09pm On Apr 25, 2016
Olukazzy:
so what u are saying is dat olamide modified it shey
is dat ur understanding to my comment
Re: Top 5 Famous Artistes Who Are Copy Cats by Ericomoto(m): 7:09pm On Apr 25, 2016
There is a sharp difference between stealing and being creative with existing phrases and popular lines already used by other people in a song. So many Artiste if not all do that including Fela and Bob Marley because no man is an island and creative is often triggered from something insignificant or not paid attention to and developed into something bigger. I dont think doing that is plagiarism but creativity. There have been so many folk songs turned to hits and there have been remakes of old songs that made more sense than the original ones. Who do you credit the popular Eyo folk song done by several Artiste including KWAM1 and Asa to? those are street songs but creatively re-crafted.

Where Plagiarism and stealing comes into play is when an artiste takes unreleased materials from another Artiste without going through proper channels and without giving credit to the original song writer. Buying songs written by another Artiste is also not lack of creativity but a normal practice to help the Artiste and should be encouraged in Nigeria Industry so far the delivery on the songs is well done by the purchasing Artiste. This will help reduce quackery and sanitize the industry and take some stress off the Artiste in shunning out quality songs.

NB: African Queen by Sizzla Kalonji is an entirely different song with no similarities to Tuface's African Queen song although with same title contrary to the opinion of the OP.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Photos From Iheoma Nnadi's Wedding To Emmanuel Emenike / Man Cries After Receiving Donations From Obi Cubana, Tunde Ednut, Mr Eazi / Check Out Oge Okoye's Sporty New Look As She Step Out In Cavalli, Gucci & Prada

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.