Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,154 members, 7,811,315 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:05 AM

Lagos To Witness Fuel Shortage As Satelite Depot Shuts Down - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos To Witness Fuel Shortage As Satelite Depot Shuts Down (10484 Views)

Nnamdi Kanu ‘Shuts Down’ Abakaliki - Premium Times / Fayose Shuts Down Access Bank Branch Over Fani-Kayode's Wife's Detention / Fuel Scarcity To Bite Harder As Satelite Deport Shuts Down (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lagos To Witness Fuel Shortage As Satelite Depot Shuts Down by rozayx5(m): 12:59pm On Apr 25, 2016
The current fuel shortage particularly in Lagos may worsen following technical fault that has forced the Satelite Depot to shut down.

The depot reportedly broke down at the weekend, further weakening distribution efforts in the state.

Speaking with the LEADERSHIP on telephone yesterday, Chairman Independent Petroleum Marketers Association of Nigeria (IPMAN) Satelite Depot, Mr Alamu Ayo said “ As I speak with you now, the depot is not functional, it broke down a few days ago worsening distribution efforts of marketers”.

Ayo also claimed that another major petroleum depot in the state, Apapa Depot has no single product.

He said Satelite and Apapa depots are major products holding facilities for the South West but both of them had no fuel as at last week.

“I want to specifically tell you that throughout last week, combined capacity of the two depots were in no way able to serve Lagos.

We (Marketers) the whole of last week were given between 6-8 trucks daily as against 102-105 trucks in the past.

If we maintain that tempo, we will not have this long queues in Lagos, but the truth about the matter is that there is no product, and we are at the moment rationing what we have”.

He said that government entered into an MOU with the marketers in which they (Marketers) were assured of product availability by first week in May, so if the products arrive we will sell but for now there is nothing we can do.

Meanwhile, the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC) said a total of 1,082 truck of Premium Motor Spirit (PMS) were loaded and distributed nationwide on friday.

This is contained in the Daily PMS Supply and Distribution nationwide schedule.

“A total of 1,082 trucks (38,285,000 litres) were loaded from various NNPC and major marketers depots nationwide.

http://leadership.ng/business/521319/lagos-witness-petrol-shortage-satelite-depot-shuts
Re: Lagos To Witness Fuel Shortage As Satelite Depot Shuts Down by WildChild00(m): 1:09pm On Apr 25, 2016
Hmmmmmmm time to go and fill up...
Re: Lagos To Witness Fuel Shortage As Satelite Depot Shuts Down by drss(m): 1:25pm On Apr 25, 2016
fuel wey boku brekete like pure water every wia under GEJ don bcom scarce commodity like dollar sad
anyway welcome to d new ere of change chain. grin

34 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Lagos To Witness Fuel Shortage As Satelite Depot Shuts Down by luvinhubby(m): 1:36pm On Apr 25, 2016
Nothing seems to be working under this APC led federal govt.

And worse still, some baggars will soon pop up somewhere & chorus....'PDP 16yrs is responsible'.

APC is a fraudulent fraud.

29 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Lagos To Witness Fuel Shortage As Satelite Depot Shuts Down by Nobody: 1:44pm On Apr 25, 2016
Anyway,month of May is just seven days from now.
Re: Lagos To Witness Fuel Shortage As Satelite Depot Shuts Down by lekkie073(m): 1:53pm On Apr 25, 2016
wahala dey 》》》》》》》》》

1 Like

Re: Lagos To Witness Fuel Shortage As Satelite Depot Shuts Down by seyiseni: 2:11pm On Apr 25, 2016
Badness upon badnews

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos To Witness Fuel Shortage As Satelite Depot Shuts Down by Akshow: 2:11pm On Apr 25, 2016
No better news for this country self. If cattle rearers are not causing havoc, flood will be unleashing it's fury. So so accident up and down. Market burning here and there, political killings and assassination don turn pure water, if papa no chain him pikin, old man ho rape two years old girl. Eritrea calling grin I don taya with naija

8 Likes

Re: Lagos To Witness Fuel Shortage As Satelite Depot Shuts Down by kennyman2000(m): 2:11pm On Apr 25, 2016
which kind change be this sef?

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos To Witness Fuel Shortage As Satelite Depot Shuts Down by Goahead(m): 2:11pm On Apr 25, 2016
Keneking:
Anyway,month of May is just seven days from now.
Is that when your gods will resign?

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos To Witness Fuel Shortage As Satelite Depot Shuts Down by Nobody: 2:12pm On Apr 25, 2016
This is no longer funny. Our said minister of petroleum and president of our great country has kept mute. I wonder, how can a old man, whose official age is 73, get to own such sensitive and rigorous offices? This is really bad. No light, no fuel, food is expensive, everything is from bad to worse in his 1 year of rulership.

This is not fair, I'm starting to think if our vice president is truly a professor by qualification or just by honour. For the first time in my life, the thought of traveling out of this country has never engulfed me until this current administration. I am really fed up with this country.

Totally fed up. Too bad for our coming unborn generation

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos To Witness Fuel Shortage As Satelite Depot Shuts Down by Trailblazer1(m): 2:12pm On Apr 25, 2016
With fuel ques almost in all the streets of lagos even at closed petrol station, what have we been witnessing before

or they just want to worsen the situation undecided

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos To Witness Fuel Shortage As Satelite Depot Shuts Down by sammieguze(m): 2:12pm On Apr 25, 2016
Change dole.

Now is the best time to start importing bicycles

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos To Witness Fuel Shortage As Satelite Depot Shuts Down by falseman(m): 2:12pm On Apr 25, 2016
My Zombie neighbor was all about the slogan Change. She couldn't stop making fun of me after Buhari won long story short the company she works with shut down because of the weakened Naira so she's without a job and the funny thing is she can't even afford to buy fuel anymore.
Most times she be like neighbor abeg borrow me 2k

Last night the zombie came to beg for fuel trust me I turned her request down outrightly even to charge phone I no gree.

Funny enough she's here on nairaland still chanting change. I know her silly ID but as a sharp guy no brother in jungle

21 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Lagos To Witness Fuel Shortage As Satelite Depot Shuts Down by Akshow: 2:13pm On Apr 25, 2016
drss:
fuel wey boku brekete like pure water every wia under GEJ don bcom scarce commodity like dollar sad
anyway welcome to d new ere of change chain. grin
which fuel boku under Jonathan I'm not supporting the apc led govt o but let's not deceive ourselves, fuel scarcity has been part and parcel of naija e don tey.

6 Likes

Re: Lagos To Witness Fuel Shortage As Satelite Depot Shuts Down by Lilimax(f): 2:14pm On Apr 25, 2016
Before the shut down of Satelite depot, were there fuel before ?undecided
Make una dey play hide and seek game with the Nigerian masses embarassed

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos To Witness Fuel Shortage As Satelite Depot Shuts Down by tolustx(m): 2:16pm On Apr 25, 2016
This is also GEJ's fault.

Bubu's zombies where una dey. Una no go come blame GEJ?

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos To Witness Fuel Shortage As Satelite Depot Shuts Down by Nobody: 2:16pm On Apr 25, 2016
Fasoye!!! Fayose, stop doing this thing naw! grin

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos To Witness Fuel Shortage As Satelite Depot Shuts Down by 400billionman: 2:16pm On Apr 25, 2016
Buhari ooo

Another episode of Change ing..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos To Witness Fuel Shortage As Satelite Depot Shuts Down by christisreal: 2:17pm On Apr 25, 2016
Only God can help us
Re: Lagos To Witness Fuel Shortage As Satelite Depot Shuts Down by Trailblazer1(m): 2:17pm On Apr 25, 2016
Akshow:
which fuel boku under Jonathan I'm not supporting the apc led govt o but let's not deceive ourselves, fuel scarcity has been part and parcel of naija e don tey.
It has never been this worse until we CHANGED undecided

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos To Witness Fuel Shortage As Satelite Depot Shuts Down by HAH: 2:18pm On Apr 25, 2016
If na only Lagos e go affect no much cause for alarm

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos To Witness Fuel Shortage As Satelite Depot Shuts Down by christisreal: 2:18pm On Apr 25, 2016
sammieguze:
Change dole.

Now is the best time to start importing bicycles
lol
Re: Lagos To Witness Fuel Shortage As Satelite Depot Shuts Down by 9jatatafo(m): 2:18pm On Apr 25, 2016
Lol. One step forward 5 steps backward. Is Fayose the cause of this? Over to you Ekiti APC

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos To Witness Fuel Shortage As Satelite Depot Shuts Down by HiddenShadow: 2:21pm On Apr 25, 2016
Yorubas who voted APC will be saying in their hearts
" Buhari why you dey disgrace us before the Omo Igbos. You forget sey we threatened to lagoon because of you."

10 Likes

Re: Lagos To Witness Fuel Shortage As Satelite Depot Shuts Down by christisreal: 2:21pm On Apr 25, 2016
only God can help us
Re: Lagos To Witness Fuel Shortage As Satelite Depot Shuts Down by neweraomo: 2:21pm On Apr 25, 2016
where is air max,time to start trekking big time

1 Like

Re: Lagos To Witness Fuel Shortage As Satelite Depot Shuts Down by tolustx(m): 2:22pm On Apr 25, 2016
When Kachikwu said Nigerians shud not expect improvement in d fuel scarcity till May, many wanted to crucify him. They made the poor man to apologize to what he knew was d truth. Obviously, y'all do not wnt to hear the truth. That is what landed us where we re now. It is lies y'all wanna hear. LIES...LIES...LIES...Propaganda...

As for me and my house tho, there's always a lifting for us.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos To Witness Fuel Shortage As Satelite Depot Shuts Down by tuoyoojo(m): 2:23pm On Apr 25, 2016
this would make the black marketers very happy

they seem to be the only ones smiling to the bank

1 Like

Re: Lagos To Witness Fuel Shortage As Satelite Depot Shuts Down by HiddenShadow: 2:24pm On Apr 25, 2016
aloeeverhealth:
This is no longer funny. Our said minister of petroleum and president of our great country has kept mute. I wonder, how can a old man, whose official age is 73, get to own such sensitive and rigorous offices? This is really bad. No light, no fuel, food is expensive, everything is from bad to worse in his 1 year of rulership.

This is not fair, I'm starting to think if our vice president is truly a professor by qualification or just by honour. For the first time in my life, the thought of traveling out of this country has never engulfed me until this current administration. I am really fed up with this country.

Totally fed up. Too bad for our coming unborn generation

If you have voted CHANGE, your traveling will be frustrated in order for you to enjoy the CHANGE.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos To Witness Fuel Shortage As Satelite Depot Shuts Down by Image123(m): 2:25pm On Apr 25, 2016
Arrangee talk. To justify the amplified scarcities. The marketers are chief culprit and enjoying all the way. Watch fuel prices go up again.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ondo 2016: ‘Bola Tinubu Prefers Me But I Wasn’t Imposed’ – Segun Abraham / Enugu Is One Of Nigeria’s Most Peaceful States, Says Smith, PSC Chairman / 2023: Osinbajo Should Accept APC Ticket If Party Rejects Tinubu - Hanga

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.