Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,956 members, 7,821,358 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:53 AM

Are We Mistaking BokoHaram's Gradual Invasion As Fulani Herdsmen? - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Are We Mistaking BokoHaram's Gradual Invasion As Fulani Herdsmen? (18051 Views)

FAKE Picture Trending On Whatsapp As "Fulani Herdsmen" Attacks On Lagos Ibadan E / Nnamdi Kanu's House After Military Invasion In Umuahia (Photos) / 24 Boko Haram Insurgents Operating As Fulani Herdsmen Arrested In Edo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are We Mistaking BokoHaram's Gradual Invasion As Fulani Herdsmen? by kuuljay(m): 5:39pm On Apr 27, 2016
Surfboard:
If you love conspiracy theories, then maybe you'd think the fulani herdsmen are members of boko haram.

However, if you go back in time, the herdsmen didn't start killing this year. They've gone about it for years, but they've not been this daring. In addition, the media just woke up to their responsibility, cause they hardly reported any of their atrocities.

Fulani herdsmen are different from boko haram in my opinion, but should be classified by the Nigerian government as a terrorist organisation nonetheless.
they have been killing since time immemorial, they have driven the tiv farmers out of taraba with wanton killings and the truth is these guys don't kill randomly it's always a revenge mission I live in enugu and prior to the attack we had been hearing of fulanis planning to attack like a month ago so what did the chief security officer of the state do? Am not saying buhari is not to blame but how come nobody is asking the governor, yesterday there was an unrest in kwara and the governor declared curfew and drafted soldiers to the area.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Are We Mistaking BokoHaram's Gradual Invasion As Fulani Herdsmen? by sen8or(m): 5:40pm On Apr 27, 2016
Juxtified:
Saw this coming. They camouflaged as refugees to escape military detection and infiltrate the whole country. Now they're beginning to unleash terror on a global scale. Instead of iPod youth to direct their energy towards fighting this new cancer that has invaded their land, they are busy throwing stones at the Federal Government.
so Odua land is left out of this menace
Re: Are We Mistaking BokoHaram's Gradual Invasion As Fulani Herdsmen? by sen8or(m): 5:41pm On Apr 27, 2016
Juxtified:
Saw this coming. They camouflaged as refugees to escape military detection and infiltrate the whole country. Now they're beginning to unleash terror on a global scale. Instead of iPod youth to direct their energy towards fighting this new cancer that has invaded their land, they are busy throwing stones at the Federal Government.
so Odua land is left out of this menace.
Re: Are We Mistaking BokoHaram's Gradual Invasion As Fulani Herdsmen? by bukaldrinio(m): 5:41pm On Apr 27, 2016
The only way is for every tribe to defend their selves cos the is nothing buhari will do to his brothers cos he have never for one day said anything about the hardsmen
gabazin080:
We are truly in endtime. No sane president will keep quiet while his citizens are being killed on a daily basis

Some times I ask myself, is it that they were chanting chains and we heard change
Re: Are We Mistaking BokoHaram's Gradual Invasion As Fulani Herdsmen? by preselect(m): 5:44pm On Apr 27, 2016
[size=18pt]No, the question should be. . . are we mistaking boko haram and fulani haram for the buhari stage of othman dan fodio's plan to dip the koran into the niger?

Buhari is on a mission. . . . make no mistake. wake up. . . . igbos are the target now. . . . South South oil is the final goal.

Nigeria wont be the same for our grand children. . . . if any left. [/size]

#GovenanceByBlood

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Are We Mistaking BokoHaram's Gradual Invasion As Fulani Herdsmen? by greatehis: 5:47pm On Apr 27, 2016
Built2last:
Fulani Herdsmen, an emerging Boko Haram.

How can the federal government continue to pretend that all is well,in the face of the current onslaught by the rampaging herdsmen?

Same way Boko Haram festered at its onset unchecked, history is repeating itself. Lia Mohammed said they are fixing terrorists penetrative silently.

The most ridiculous attempt at pretense from the FG is that of the grazing reserve bill and/or the importation of grasses from Brazil. There is an emerging terrorist group that is hiding behind the smokescreen of herdsmen & the govt is well aware of that. Must we continue to endure avoidable blood bath in our history or are they merely trying to redistribute the violence?

No sane group should ever celebate the defeat of Boko Haram,if the herdsmen terrorist is not also defeated. That will be like exchanging

monkey for a cat as pet. You still have an animal that squat in your home.

It's only a matter of time before natives will start retaliating on the Fulanis and that will be catastrophic.

I don't think it's just Fulani men. It's Bokoharam spreading. ..We must check it now before its too late.

Why is Fulani herdsmen not invading core northern states?

Let it be on record that I said this oo

That is what i have been thinking oooo
Re: Are We Mistaking BokoHaram's Gradual Invasion As Fulani Herdsmen? by persius555(m): 5:47pm On Apr 27, 2016
otitokoroleti:
I disagree, those fulani terrorist are not boko haram in disguise
Some nigerians just cant reason logically.
If we say the fulani herdsmen are boko haram, then the attacks that are equally occuring in other west african countries like ghana and ivory coast between farmers and herdsmen have boko haram influence.
Many of us sit behind our laptops and stir up confusion for the fun of it.
Fulani herdsmen from sudan have been arming themselves since early 90s.
What we are seeing is the incursion by a different breed of fulani from the sahel mixed up with the tuaregs i believe.
These ones are wild and confrontational.
Instead of spreding false information online about what we know nothing about, lets compel the security agencies to fish out undocumented herdsmen who have no origin or linkage with nigeria.
Its time we start documenting the identity of cattle grazers in nigeria, disarm them and make them live by the rules of the states or region.
Instead of fanning the flame of fire, lets seek permanent solutions to these problems.

4 Likes

Re: Are We Mistaking BokoHaram's Gradual Invasion As Fulani Herdsmen? by Nobody: 5:48pm On Apr 27, 2016
Juxtified:

Yes, understood. But in Nigeria there's nothing like 'resigning with honour'. So the best thing to do is fend for yourself. Others will support you if your fight is legitimate.

It will come to that, trust me.
People need to be pushed to that wall first, and it will happen sooner than expected.
Re: Are We Mistaking BokoHaram's Gradual Invasion As Fulani Herdsmen? by devour129: 5:55pm On Apr 27, 2016
I have been singing this from the first attack but no one listened. It's not too late ,boko haram has entered the south in guise of herdsmen .
Re: Are We Mistaking BokoHaram's Gradual Invasion As Fulani Herdsmen? by nwasteve(m): 5:56pm On Apr 27, 2016
Buhari's plan for Nigeria is gradually unfolding
Re: Are We Mistaking BokoHaram's Gradual Invasion As Fulani Herdsmen? by Abagworo(m): 5:56pm On Apr 27, 2016
Re: Are We Mistaking BokoHaram's Gradual Invasion As Fulani Herdsmen? by HiddenShadow: 5:58pm On Apr 27, 2016
kuuljay:
they have been killing since time immemorial, they have driven the tiv farmers out of taraba with wanton killings and the truth is these guys don't kill randomly it's always a revenge mission I live in enugu and prior to the attack we had been hearing of fulanis planning to attack like a month ago so what did the chief security officer of the state do? Am not saying buhari is not to blame but how come nobody is asking the governor, yesterday there was an unrest in kwara and the governor declared curfew and drafted soldiers to the area.

That's why I called the governor a foooool
Re: Are We Mistaking BokoHaram's Gradual Invasion As Fulani Herdsmen? by Nobody: 6:01pm On Apr 27, 2016
Been wanting to say this since-
Re: Are We Mistaking BokoHaram's Gradual Invasion As Fulani Herdsmen? by amuokuko: 6:02pm On Apr 27, 2016
We should not mistake Fulani onslaught to Bokoharam.
Re: Are We Mistaking BokoHaram's Gradual Invasion As Fulani Herdsmen? by Abagworo(m): 6:04pm On Apr 27, 2016
HiddenShadow:

That's why I called the governor a foooool

You should equally call all the Governors fooools because they've been attacking various States for decades. If we don't unite and stop the herdsmen and continue this ethnic coloration I'm afraid the killing cycle will continue unabated.
Re: Are We Mistaking BokoHaram's Gradual Invasion As Fulani Herdsmen? by CioAngels(f): 6:06pm On Apr 27, 2016
The Nigerian president is using the terrorist to foist islamic state on Nigerians gradually. Tinubu, you are in this arrangement with buhari to enslave Nigerians, but you people know that your families will be affected big time. Our foreign friends, please don't allow our wicked leaders safe landing in your countries. They all will stay here with the poor to feel the pain.
Re: Are We Mistaking BokoHaram's Gradual Invasion As Fulani Herdsmen? by Surfboard(m): 6:07pm On Apr 27, 2016
kuuljay:

I agree state governors should be doing more, traditional rulers too. But then, you forget that by protocol, the police and the army are federal institutions who don't take orders from governors.

Hope we get to the point where we have state and community policing. It is becoming necessary.
Re: Are We Mistaking BokoHaram's Gradual Invasion As Fulani Herdsmen? by Nobody: 6:14pm On Apr 27, 2016
months:
All well meaning Nigerians have a duty to reject the National Grazing Reserve Bill.

The consistency in violent attack of the Fulani Herdsmen since Nigeria elected a Fulani President in 2015 are no coincidence. They are calculated attempt to persuade Nigerians of the need to expand fulani territorial sphere of influence nationwide. Election time, a small group of fulani army will be in position to intimidate the native on the party to vote to avoid attacks.

As i type, there are more than enough green field in the North that the Fulani have refused to use for grazing. The Fulani never attack muslim communities in the North but are prone to attack Christian communities, buring down homes and Churches.

The burning of Churches underlies a religious incentive and motivation for the attacks of Christian communities in their ancestral homes. The islamisation agenda of the Fulani core North have entered phase 2. The first wave of attacks were from Boko Haram religated to the border of Chad by the GEJ administration. The second wave of attack is by Fulani Herdsmen aka Boko Haram. It is no news that majority of Boko Haram fighters are actually Fulani.

Fulani Herdsmen are not indigenous to Nigeria, they are invaders that subverted the indigenous Hausa communities. Fulani have their homeland in Mali. However, under the proposed National Grazing Reserve Bill which creates a council to be chaired by a Fulani Chairman to be appointed by the president. The council shall have the power to take your land anywhere the land is located in the country and then pay you compensation. Your land, when taken, shall be assigned to herdsmen who shall use your land for grazing purposes. They shall bring cows to the land and you shall lose the land permanently to those Fulani cattlemen".

In this sense, natives will lose the land and fulani will own (gain) the land across the country. If your land has oil or gold, the government will hand it to Fulani and drive you away from the land. Maybe you can go and stay on top water or jump into the ocean, since you have suddenly become landless. There is no guarantee that you will get any compensation in your life time or after death.

The Fulani are muslim and this means that Sharia court will be set up, alongside mosques in their new community and land.The Fulani would have gained a foot hold and forward operating base to attack indigenous Christian communities. They will no longer be guest on the land but land owners. The National Grazing Reserve Bill is invitation to subvert and destroy communities in the North central and South.

Fulani and their cows should be handed Sambisa Forest with its green pastures, that territory is enroute to Mali.
i concur
Re: Are We Mistaking BokoHaram's Gradual Invasion As Fulani Herdsmen? by Juxtified(m): 6:15pm On Apr 27, 2016
mykl01:

It will come to that, trust me.
People need to be pushed to that wall first, and it will happen sooner than expected.
I hope it comes soon, so we can all move forward.

1 Like

Re: Are We Mistaking BokoHaram's Gradual Invasion As Fulani Herdsmen? by Nobody: 6:16pm On Apr 27, 2016
ENA WROTE: I HATE BEING RIGHT when it is so wrong.

1 I said Buhari will always support his Fulani. I posted his representing Fulani herdsmen in Yorubaland then and his speech as a statesman to the Yoruba governor "why are your people killing my people" when it was that the Fulanis killed more and began it all.

2. I asked how Nigerians could elect a man Boko Haram chose as the intermediary and who refused to help to negotiate ceasefire with them be elected president? I said patriots do not need to be president before they serve. I showed examples of opposition leaders who have helped the government in power in their areas of strength.

3. I pointed out that as former governor of Borno, Bauchi etc, the areas that today is a scourge to Nigeria (it was all one state then) Buhari is part of the problem of that area. I stated that this man despite being in power from 76-79 under murtala mohammed and Obasanjo, 83-85 as head of state, 1993-1998 as head of PTF and the most powerful man under Abacha, this man did not build a single school for Al Majiris nor try to actively engage the youths in progressive things. Even out of government and with mch influence, not one NGO that could better the lives of Northerners and dissuade them from Boko Haram. Bill Clinton has an NGO. Obasanjo has an NGO. Buhari, despite being an ex-president has none.
Somehow, Nigerians felt a Goodluck Jonathan was more responsible for the activities of Northern youths than a man who had served in government in capisity of President, Governor, NNPC MD, Minister of Petroleum and PTF boss, idiotic Nigerians felt a Jonathan from the creeks of Bayelsa was more responsible for the rot in the North than this man who was part of government since 1976.

4. And autistic Nigerians felt a change was to elect a man who has been in government since 1976/77 and who has ruled before to dastardly consequences of austerity. That is the man Nigerians felt was CHANGE

5. And I screamed then that Buhari would release the over 1500 Boko Haram members captured by GEJ army. He did. Now see the death all over. I specifically quoted Buhari saying "They have killed all our young men". I guess this is them killing others young men as well.

6. I then said even if Buhari was not backing Boko Haram and these Northern killers, that he is seen as their leader and this would embolden them. I said they will become bolder and kill more with gusto and chest-thumping. I said giving Buhari the presidency was rewarding Boko Haram and teling them "Killing has rewards. When you kill, the more people will bow to your will". Of course Nigeria bowed to their will and elected Buhari, believing by handing power to Boko haram, they will stop. MUMU. People never STOP without a fight. Killers are killers. They are stopped by resistance, not empowerment. Today watch how they come down to the south with pride.

7. I recently have pointed out that Buhari and APC are being very evil telling you that Boko Haram is defeated. Idiots repeat the claim. I ask for their dead bodies or those captured. I said the word DEFEAT whether on a chessboard or real life must show the head of their leader captured or killed, pawns and officers captured or killed and weapons gotten from them by surrender or forcefully. Buhari and his armies show one dead man and a car and 5 guns and say they have defeated Boko Haram. I asked that Buhari visits Sambissa and even Baga like GEJ and sit in the open. Obama made a broadcast from Afghanistan. That until you walk over the territory of those you fight, you have not defeated them. Today, Agatu and Enugu. Tomorrow who

Tomorrow who

2 Likes

Re: Are We Mistaking BokoHaram's Gradual Invasion As Fulani Herdsmen? by Juxtified(m): 6:22pm On Apr 27, 2016
sen8or:
so Odua land is left out of this menace.
I don't think so. The Fulani have invaded the west also, but they haven't started fomenting trouble yet. If the westerners are wise, they'll learn from what the easterners are facing now and take proactive measures.
Re: Are We Mistaking BokoHaram's Gradual Invasion As Fulani Herdsmen? by Baroba(m): 6:26pm On Apr 27, 2016
histemple:
I wish we still have Governors in the southeast. I miss the nonsense days of Nnamani and Orji Uzor.

Please remove Nnamani from your list the criminal was a Fulani apologist..
Re: Are We Mistaking BokoHaram's Gradual Invasion As Fulani Herdsmen? by BrainnewsNg(f): 6:47pm On Apr 27, 2016
lekkie073:
this fulani herdsmen are boko haram 2.0...

with the way things r going....I pity the unity of thia country

It is well
Re: Are We Mistaking BokoHaram's Gradual Invasion As Fulani Herdsmen? by Nobody: 6:58pm On Apr 27, 2016
Dmillionaire:
to me the problem is even bigger than what op portrayed here. an ak47 riffle cost about N1m, how come they can afford these deadly guns. southerners are treating this menace with kid gloves. all these are grand plans by the core nigerian northern elite towards a salient jihad movement. may God save us
ak47 N1,

Re: Are We Mistaking BokoHaram's Gradual Invasion As Fulani Herdsmen? by akaraugo: 6:58pm On Apr 27, 2016
the fulanis are systematicaly surrounding the igbos waiting for the final whisttle to declare jihad.mark my words. Igbos dont be taken by surprise.start now, rise to the occation.be vigilant

1 Like

Re: Are We Mistaking BokoHaram's Gradual Invasion As Fulani Herdsmen? by Nobody: 6:58pm On Apr 27, 2016
Dmillionaire:
to me the problem is even bigger than what op portrayed here. an ak47 riffle cost about N1m, how come they can afford these deadly guns. southerners are treating this menace with kid gloves. all these are grand plans by the core nigerian northern elite towards a salient jihad movement. may God save us
ak47 N1?

Re: Are We Mistaking BokoHaram's Gradual Invasion As Fulani Herdsmen? by Sfvalentine(m): 7:17pm On Apr 27, 2016
Juxtified:
Wɦat ɖɨɖ ʊʀ քքքʟ ɖօ աɛռ ɮօҡօ ɦaʀaʍ աas ɮօʍɮɨռɢ քքʟ ɨռ tɦɛ ռօʀtɦ ɛast??

Dɨɖռt ɖɛʏ ɖɨʀɛċt ɖɨa ɛռɛʀɢʏ tօ ɖ ʄɢ?
Rɛċɛɨʋɛ sɛռsɛ ɨռ Jɛsʊs ռaʍɛ.
Re: Are We Mistaking BokoHaram's Gradual Invasion As Fulani Herdsmen? by cheruv: 7:22pm On Apr 27, 2016
Juxtified:
Why won't we throw stones at this jihadi govt Don't worry we'd soon throw shells and fireballs at the dullarddinho soon undecided
Re: Are We Mistaking BokoHaram's Gradual Invasion As Fulani Herdsmen? by Juxtified(m): 7:38pm On Apr 27, 2016
Sfvalentine:
Wɦat ɖɨɖ ʊʀ քքքʟ ɖօ աɛռ ɮօҡօ ɦaʀaʍ աas ɮօʍɮɨռɢ քքʟ ɨռ tɦɛ ռօʀtɦ ɛast??
Dɨɖռt ɖɛʏ ɖɨʀɛċt ɖɨa ɛռɛʀɢʏ tօ ɖ ʄɢ? Rɛċɛɨʋɛ sɛռsɛ ɨռ Jɛsʊs ռaʍɛ.
It is blasphemy to insult people ''in His name''
Re: Are We Mistaking BokoHaram's Gradual Invasion As Fulani Herdsmen? by laprince(m): 9:03pm On Apr 27, 2016
No cattle has been recovered yet from all these attacks.
Don't br fooled Nigerians, fulani Herdsmen want to decimate the unprepared SS and SE.

They are boko haram. simple

1 Like

Re: Are We Mistaking BokoHaram's Gradual Invasion As Fulani Herdsmen? by brojoshua: 9:04pm On Apr 27, 2016
Let people remain blind and foolish and continue to accuse the president, because he is a Fulani man, and his people why their enemies disguise as Fulani herdsmen and are killing them in large numbers.
May be they will wake up to reality and chase their true enemies instead of the president who is trying all he could do to help restored the seriously battered country.
Enemies will have serious and prolonged victory over people who love lies instead of truth, and who see another people as the source of their self inflicted and self caused problems.
Let them continue to support looters and criminals and liers as leaders and they will tarry long in many sorrows.
But may be wicked people are not able to identify the people who are trying to help them but choose their enemies and wicked people as their friends because they themselves are wicked.
Let the wicked ones change from their wicked ways and God also will help and deliver them from all their adversaries and bless them. Thank you.
Re: Are We Mistaking BokoHaram's Gradual Invasion As Fulani Herdsmen? by Okehjp(m): 9:15pm On Apr 27, 2016
this is a sensitive issue that needs to be treated with care and caution otherwise this can lead to disintegration, ethnic crises and war.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

CBN Asks Court Not To Unfreeze EndSARS Campaigners’ Accounts / Malami Denies Knowing Lawrence Ajodo Who Raided Justice Odili’s House / Mass Defections To PDP Hits APC In Katsina, Kaduna, Adamawa, Gombe, Niger

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.