Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,326 members, 7,811,965 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:37 AM

Wrong Things We Say To People - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Wrong Things We Say To People (508 Views)

Funny Things We Do When We Fall In Love / Wrong Things Ladies Consider Before Marrying A Man- DanceVille / 12 Wrong Things Guys Check Before Marrying A Girl. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Wrong Things We Say To People by Nobody: 4:52pm On Apr 25, 2016
WRONG THINGS WE SAY TO PEOPLE...
#1. "You never marry? Wetin you dey wait for?” and “when will you call us to eat rice” are JUST PLAIN RUDE questions and again, none of your business!
Do people marry themselves? Is it by force to marry? Do not offer dating advice or tell them they are picky or do not pray hard enough.
Because you crawled into a compost pile and selected ‘Baba Ibeji’ does not mean you are now a "How-To-Find-A-Spouse" hexpat. Unless you want to propose, do not prod people to know why they are single. If you want to eat rice, cook it!

#2. “You still dey do fine girl and fine boy, you no wan born?" This is one of the WORST things you can say to a couple with no children. Chances are they are probably trying and nothing has happened yet. Why increase their anxiety?
Do you have any plans to assist them financially when they do have kids? Do you know how many women you have sent to tears with this stupid question?
A woman saw it fit to ask another woman without children: ‘what she was waiting for to have children’, this woman had had it up to here with these veiled nosiness that she retorted “I am waiting for your husband to come and have sex with me so I can conceive” and then she stormed away! I think she deserves a medal for that clap back.
It is not ok to argue with people on the number of children they should have. “Ah ah! Only two girls? You need to try for a boy.” #“God forbid, don’t say that you want only one child.” PLEASE MIND YOUR OWN CHILDREN!!!
If you do know a couple with fertility issues, UNLESS they have asked you for advice, please do not offer any. Especially if you did not have fertility issues at any point in your life. Do not suggest herbs, men of God or hospitals unless they come to you. Do not ask them “How far?” or starting lambasting them with prayers. Be a quiet praying distant support till you are drawn in.

#3. If anyone tells you they are trying to lose weight, be sensitive. Do not say things like: “This one you are disturbing yourself will not work o.” or “You have not lost any weight today.” Or “It is like you are putting it back on.” Or “Don’t lose more than this o, you will not be fine again. If you cannot encourage by saying positive things then don’t say anything.

#4. Do not ever say “Why is this baby so small? Kai, he is small for his age o. Is he eating? Give him Ogi and fertiliser…” to a mother.
I tell you that she knows this already. Most likely, you will send her to the hospital extremely worried. The parents may be battling a condition with the child they do not want to disclose.
They may even be on top of the situation with medication and other things. Do not push them over the edge. And seriously folks, are we all supposed to be the same size
Unsolicited parenting advice and criticism from strangers is annoying. “Why is she still wearing pampers and using a pacifier?” “Why are you still backing this old man?” “Why are you using oyinbo carrier and not putting her on the back the African way?” Please stop this!

#5. Never EVER say “Your Spouse is finer than you.” So what if he/she is? Excuse me? Of what use is that statement? So what do you want him/her to do? Have plastic surgery? Divorce him/her and stay alone with his/her ugliness? Hand him over to you that deserves a handsome husband/wife?

#6. Do not walk up to anyone you have profiled and begin to sell herbal weight loss concoctions to her/him. This happened to a friend sometime ago. Someone randomly approached her to sell tummy blasting herbs to her, She told her She was pregnant and enjoyed seeing how shamefaced the seller was as she left.
My friend was only pregnant with the joy of the Lord
Re: Wrong Things We Say To People by Nobody: 4:56pm On Apr 25, 2016
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1040308876004514&id=100000762331599&refid=17&_ft_=top_level_post_id.1040308876004514%3Atl_objid.1040308876004514%3Athid.100000762331599%3A306061129499414%3A2%3A0%3A1462085999%3A-8716008169372173740&__tn__=%2As
Re: Wrong Things We Say To People by VoteDemiladgold: 4:57pm On Apr 25, 2016
grin
Re: Wrong Things We Say To People by Olasco93: 5:09pm On Apr 25, 2016
Those points OP mentioned above are really not wrong in Nigeria, what makes them wrong is saying it the WRONG way trying to cook something out of them and it is mostly common with URHOBO Women... Them go course you indirectly sotey you go sob and ask ''Oghene, what have I done...?''
Re: Wrong Things We Say To People by Lordabas: 5:09pm On Apr 25, 2016
Never tell a guy with a small preek he has a small preek grin
Re: Wrong Things We Say To People by callmelanner(m): 5:29pm On Apr 25, 2016
Never tell a lady she has small boobs kiss
She already know grin grin
Re: Wrong Things We Say To People by Nobody: 5:33pm On Apr 25, 2016
Nice post . But try arranging it by including paragraphs , to deliver a neat article.

(1) (Reply)

Wots With All The Crying In Moves?? / What Did Ayesha Curry Mean We Shldnt Dress Like Thots! / My Nigerian Husband

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.