Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,544 members, 7,812,712 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:52 PM

Passport Help Pls!!! - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Passport Help Pls!!! (5076 Views)

Error In My Nigerian Passport! Help!! / International Passport - Help Needed! / Renewal Of Expired International Passport -help Needed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Passport Help Pls!!! by Mhatt: 6:08pm On Apr 25, 2016
Hello everyone, I have a few question can you please aid me in any way you can..
As a Nigerian resident I need some pointers on obtaining an international passport..
I want to travel to Canada and possibly study there. I want to get my passport situated b4 I try for a visa.
... Abeokuta immigration office is the closest to me and would be easier than travelling to Lagos
I know I need a photo taken and also a guarenteor and propor documents like birth certificate an such .. WHAT DO I NEED TO BRING WITH ME TO GET MY PASSPORT ON THE SPOT ,, WILL THEY TAKE THE PHOTO AT THE OFFICE ,, IS A STANDARD PASSPORT ACCEPTED TO TRAVEL TO CANADA (after visa approval)
Since I need a photocopy of guarenteor passport it also calls for driver license and birth certificate , how will I bring this info with me to the office and get this all done in a day ??
I've seen stories of arriving in the morning and that evening having the passport
Also have seen stories where things didn't go as planned...
PLS HELP ME I APPRECIATE ALL OF YOUR HELP
Thank you for your time
Re: Passport Help Pls!!! by VickyRotex(f): 6:30pm On Apr 25, 2016
I got my passport at the same Abeokuta Immigration office. I got it within 5 hours. I went early though (Around 7:30am), so you should try to be there early aswel. It's so fast now, because it's an E-Passport.

You dont need any guarantor to get an international passport, neither do you need a driver's licence. Unless you dont have a valid ID card.

If I can remember, I only went there with
1. A copy of my birth certificate,
2. Passport Application form to be completed online or they will give it you once you get there,
3. Payment slip,
4. Two current passport-size photographs, (I think it has to be with white background).
5. And also National ID card.

I think thats's all.

I also think it's only if you're less than 18 years old, that you need a letter of Consent jointly signed by your parents and Photocopies of your parents’ passports data page. Otherwise, you only need those 4 things I mentioned, except the system has changed.

cc:Mhatt

1 Like

Re: Passport Help Pls!!! by Mhatt: 9:19pm On Apr 25, 2016
VickyRotex:
I got my passport at the same Abeokuta Immigration office. I got it within 5 hours. I went early though (Around 7:30am), so you should try to be there early aswel. It's so fast now, because it's an E-Passport.

You dont need any guarantor to get an international passport, neither do you need a driver's licence. Unless you dont have a valid ID card.

If I can remember, I only went there with
1. A copy of my birth certificate,
2. Passport Application form to be completed online or they will give it you once you get there,
3. Payment slip,
4. Two current passport-size photographs, (I think it has to be with white background).
5. And also National ID card.

I think thats's all.

I also think it's only if you're less than 18 years old, that you need a letter of Consent jointly signed by your parents and Photocopies of your parents’ passports data page. Otherwise, you only need those 4 things I mentioned, except the system has changed.

cc:Mhatt
How long ago was it that you've got your pp there? I was abit skeptical because I seen a topic here that kind of shocked me
https://www.nairaland.com/3065955/brutalized-humiliated-dehumanized-day-passport
I'm 22 so it shouldn't matter of consent
Appreciate your help I'm feeling more confident, is a school photo suitable to use as pp picture? I want to make sure I do it right the first time (am female to mention) cc:VickyRotex
Where am I to get a payment slip my friend ? Must it be printed or can it be provided at the office?
Re: Passport Help Pls!!! by VickyRotex(f): 4:28am On Apr 26, 2016
Mhatt:

How long ago was it that you've got your pp there? I was abit skeptical because I seen a topic here that kind of shocked me
https://www.nairaland.com/3065955/brutalized-humiliated-dehumanized-day-passport
I'm 22 so it shouldn't matter of consent
Appreciate your help I'm feeling more confident, is a school photo suitable to use as pp picture? I want to make sure I do it right the first time (am female to mention) cc:VickyRotex
Where am I to get a payment slip my friend ? Must it be printed or can it be provided at the office?

I got it about 2 years ago.

Wow just read the post on that thread, that's just too bad. Don't worry, yours isn't gonna turn out that way. Just try to go there early.

You're welcome. And yea, I'll just advise you take a passport photograph with white background, but if you have that already then no problem. I think they just need only 2.

You'll get the payment slip when you get there. That's the first thing you'll do. Once you get inside the compound, there are some small offices where people make photocopies, that's where you'll be directed to, to fill your form and also make payments before going into the main building.

Kindly keep me posted incase you aren't sure. Willing to answer your questions. All the best dear.

2 Likes

Re: Passport Help Pls!!! by bollyfolly: 1:27pm On Apr 26, 2016
@Passport, you can go to Abk, if you are a fresh applicant it's possible you get it same day but if it's reissue, you may need to get it a week after or more.

You don't need anything except your normal passport photo. Those agents at the gate will sort out other required documents but be ready to pay BTW 25k - 30k

Mhatt:
Hello everyone, I have a few question can you please aid me in any way you can..
As a Nigerian resident I need some pointers on obtaining an international passport..
I want to travel to Canada and possibly study there. I want to get my passport situated b4 I try for a visa.
... Abeokuta immigration office is the closest to me and would be easier than travelling to Lagos
I know I need a photo taken and also a guarenteor and propor documents like birth certificate an such .. WHAT DO I NEED TO BRING WITH ME TO GET MY PASSPORT ON THE SPOT ,, WILL THEY TAKE THE PHOTO AT THE OFFICE ,, IS A STANDARD PASSPORT ACCEPTED TO TRAVEL TO CANADA (after visa approval)
Since I need a photocopy of guarenteor passport it also calls for driver license and birth certificate , how will I bring this info with me to the office and get this all done in a day ??
I've seen stories of arriving in the morning and that evening having the passport
Also have seen stories where things didn't go as planned...
PLS HELP ME I APPRECIATE ALL OF YOUR HELP
Thank you for your time

1 Like

Re: Passport Help Pls!!! by Mhatt: 12:56am On Apr 27, 2016
Thank u so much and I'm very thankfull for your help, I will definitely keep you posted and I I have any more questing
I will let you know in the next few days how everything is going to work out
Many thanks guys all the best to you

1 Like

Re: Passport Help Pls!!! by VickyRotex(f): 2:21pm On Apr 27, 2016
Mhatt:
Thank u so much and I'm very thankfull for your help, I will definitely keep you posted and I I have any more questing
I will let you know in the next few days how everything is going to work out
Many thanks guys all the best to you

You're welcome dear. Anytime!

1 Like

Re: Passport Help Pls!!! by Elegantdiva: 6:20pm On Apr 27, 2016
Pls equally help a sister. Am in Enugu and I urgently need passport . so many I av met said I shld keep 25-30 for it and I don't think i av such at my disposal now. Helpoooo
Re: Passport Help Pls!!! by worry359(m): 7:48am On Apr 28, 2016
Elegantdiva:
Pls equally help a sister. Am in Enugu and I urgently need passport . so many I av met said I shld keep 25-30 for it and I don't think i av such at my disposal now. Helpoooo

If money is that tight then you will not be able to travel anyway!
So save your money until funds can cover Passport, visa and travel.
Re: Passport Help Pls!!! by Lexusgs430: 7:53am On Apr 28, 2016
worry359:

If money is that tight then you will not be able to travel anyway!
So save your money until funds can cover Passport, visa and travel.

I wonder o. No money for international passport, how money for visa, ticket and trip go come surface?
Re: Passport Help Pls!!! by worry359(m): 8:04am On Apr 28, 2016
Lexusgs430:

I wonder o. No money for international passport, how money for visa, ticket and trip go come surface?

grin Manna from heaven? grin
Re: Passport Help Pls!!! by Nobody: 8:14am On Apr 28, 2016
Pls how can one get to Immigration office at abeokuta..? Direction pls. From Oshodi Lagos.
Re: Passport Help Pls!!! by Lexusgs430: 8:19am On Apr 28, 2016
worry359:

grin Manna from heaven? grin
I would not mind that type of manna o
Re: Passport Help Pls!!! by Mhatt: 1:41pm On Apr 28, 2016
Okikiki:
Pls how can one get to Immigration office at abeokuta..? Direction pls. From Oshodi Lagos.
theres offices in Lagos , why don't you try an go there ?
Re: Passport Help Pls!!! by Nobody: 2:27pm On Apr 28, 2016
Mhatt:
theres offices in Lagos , why don't you try an go there ?

Just visited the one at Alausa. Thanks for the care.

1 Like

Re: Passport Help Pls!!! by Mhatt: 6:43pm On May 02, 2016
We'll I have to wait now till the 20th of this month.so I can get my birth certificate
After that going for my pp
I'll keep updated and thanks so much for the help , I was also asking abt visas so in the meantime I'm gonna put out another topic
(Yes have read they the Canadian visa topics)
Re: Passport Help Pls!!! by Nobody: 12:55am On May 09, 2016
Mhatt:
We'll I have to wait now till the 20th of this month.so I can get my birth certificate

After that going for my pp
I'll keep updated and thanks so much for the help , I was also asking abt visas so in the meantime I'm gonna put out another topic
(Yes have read they the Canadian visa topics)

Pls clarify the highlighted.

What birth certificate do you mean here? Age declaration or which one? What is the process up to this point.?

PLS RESPOND.

1 Like

Re: Passport Help Pls!!! by itstpia8: 12:57am On May 09, 2016
Re: Passport Help Pls!!! by Mhatt: 3:47pm On May 31, 2016
Okikiki:

Pls clarify the highlighted.

What birth certificate do you mean here? Age declaration or which one? What is the process up to this point.?

PLS RESPOND.
AGE OF DECLARATION
a fee to obtain it ..
But an so happy now I have my passport !!!!!! Just got it
Re: Passport Help Pls!!! by Mhatt: 3:49pm On May 31, 2016
VickyRotex:

You're welcome dear. Anytime!
Thanks so much !!!
I have obtain my passport
Now it's onto the next steps .... I need someone to guide me through and give me advice on a student visa to canada ..
Re: Passport Help Pls!!! by Mhatt: 3:52pm On May 31, 2016
There were 3 option I had
28k pp
32k pp
An 40k pp
I got the 32k passport
Re: Passport Help Pls!!! by VickyRotex(f): 4:00pm On May 31, 2016
Mhatt:

Thanks so much !!!
I have obtain my passport
Now it's onto the next steps .... I need someone to guide me through and give me advice on a student visa to canada ..

Nice. Glad to hear that. You're welcome!

Sure if you wouldnt mind, I can assist you with that. I'm currently studying in Canada. And I dint have to use any agent. With the help of very nice people on the travelling to Canada thread here on Nairaland, I was able to process everything by myself.

Just bear in mind that youve got a lot of reading to do. Regarding the step by step processes, you'll be taking.

I'll attach the link to the current travelling to Canada thread in the next post. Like I said you have to be ready to read people's comment.

You can also send me a PM. I'll be willing to assist. Cheers.

1 Like

Re: Passport Help Pls!!! by VickyRotex(f): 4:04pm On May 31, 2016
Mhatt:
There were 3 option I had
28k pp
32k pp
An 40k pp
I got the 32k passport

The passports are all the same. There's no differece.Dont mind all those people, looking for money to pocket.

I heard that from the Federal Government, to obtain the passport from immigration is supposed to be 18k. But the people in charge at the immigration offices decided to add as much as they can get to it.

Well, I'm glad you got that settled already.

So have you gotten admission in a school yet?

1 Like

Re: Passport Help Pls!!! by VickyRotex(f): 4:14pm On May 31, 2016
This is the thread.

https://www.nairaland.com/3024188/travelling-canada-part-10

You can start reading from part 1.

1 Like

Re: Passport Help Pls!!! by Mhatt: 12:24am On Jun 03, 2016
VickyRotex:

The passports are all the same. There's no differece.Dont mind all those people, looking for money to pocket.

I heard that from the Federal Government, to obtain the passport from immigration is supposed to be 18k. But the people in charge at the immigration offices decided to add as much as they can get to it.

Well, I'm glad you got that settled already.

So have you gotten admission in a school yet?
Honestly , what I plan on doing , is getting a travel visa firstly ... And then applying for a student visa while am in canada ... Instead of going back when the travel visa ends , I'd like to stay and just go to school when the semester starts ... I haven't applied yet because am not finish my current semester until October ... I hope to further my education in Canada...
Thank you so much , I want this to go right the first time around ... Reading abt the denials and all it worries me ...
I will not use an agent , I will print off the forms and fill them out and send by mail ... This is how is done right ?
Thanks for the links dear, have already read through some if them ... But you know it'd take forever to read thru then all .... I wish I has the time
Re: Passport Help Pls!!! by VickyRotex(f): 12:32pm On Jun 05, 2016
Mhatt:

Honestly , what I plan on doing , is getting a travel visa firstly ... And then applying for a student visa while am in canada ... Instead of going back when the travel visa ends , I'd like to stay and just go to school when the semester starts ... I haven't applied yet because am not finish my current semester until October ... I hope to further my education in Canada...
Thank you so much , I want this to go right the first time around ... Reading abt the denials and all it worries me ...
I will not use an agent , I will print off the forms and fill them out and send by mail ... This is how is done right ?
Thanks for the links dear, have already read through some if them ... But you know it'd take forever to read thru then all .... I wish I has the time

Don't worry, it will be fine.

1st, I really dont know how possible it is to go with a visit visa and then apply for a study permit over there. I really don't know how that works. But you could ask people on that link I attached earlier on.

Secondly, why not apply to a school first, get your admission and then process your visa. I also think you'll be needing your complete transcript to apply for admission, and you havent finished your current studies. Except you have a different transcript you wanna use. Although, I think some schools accept part of the transcript and offer a conditional admission until you submit the complete transcript.

For the visa, there are 2 methods of application. You can apply online and via paper route.

I understand it's quite challenging having to read all through the thread. So feel free to ask me any questions. I'll answer the ones I can, and direct you to the thread for the ones I can't answer or not sure of.

Cheers.

1 Like

Re: Passport Help Pls!!! by Mhatt: 2:19am On Jun 06, 2016
VickyRotex:

Don't worry, it will be fine.

1st, I really dont know how possible it is to go with a visit visa and then apply for a study permit over there. I really don't know how that works. But you could ask people on that link I attached earlier on.

Secondly, why not apply to a school first, get your admission and then process your visa. I also think you'll be needing your complete transcript to apply for admission, and you havent finished your current studies. Except you have a different transcript you wanna use. Although, I think some schools accept part of the transcript and offer a conditional admission until you submit the complete transcript.

For the visa, there are 2 methods of application. You can apply online and via paper route.

I understand it's quite challenging having to read all through the thread. So feel free to ask me any questions. I'll answer the ones I can, and direct you to the thread for the ones I can't answer or not sure of.

Cheers.
I just need to find the best option that'll suit me ...
All I wanna do is leave for canada , study there, work there, and live there .... Simple hey ... But a few obstacles to overcome first..
I have been doing some research , is it alright if we communicate back and forth thru email ?? I will gladly help you a swell in any way I could , this is something that is destined for my futre .... And I will do everything and anything to make sure it happens ...
God Bless You
Re: Passport Help Pls!!! by VickyRotex(f): 5:14am On Jun 08, 2016
Mhatt:

I just need to find the best option that'll suit me ...
All I wanna do is leave for canada , study there, work there, and live there .... Simple hey ... But a few obstacles to overcome first..
I have been doing some research , is it alright if we communicate back and forth thru email ?? I will gladly help you a swell in any way I could , this is something that is destined for my futre .... And I will do everything and anything to make sure it happens ...
God Bless You

Take it one step at a time. And I'll advise you don't get desperate about it.

As much as I understand that this is something youve always wanted, and I can imagine how that feels, I'll advise you just take it easy and one step at a time.

I believe it will come through. I'll do my best to assist you on the necessary process you need to take.

I replied your email today. So sorry for replying so late. Feel free to ask your questions.

Cheers.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

I Live In America, But I'm Not Aje-Butter / Kano Boat Mishap Death Toll Rises To 29 / Naija And Travelling To India?? Read This First

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 132
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.