Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,540 members, 7,955,006 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 02:18 PM

What Type Of Reality Shows Nigerian Viewers Want To See - TV/Movies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Type Of Reality Shows Nigerian Viewers Want To See (5988 Views)

Netflix Now Shows Nigerian Movies But.... / Favourite Reality Shows On Tv? / Reality Of Reality Shows In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Type Of Reality Shows Nigerian Viewers Want To See by platinumnk(f): 3:56pm On Aug 14, 2009
Sorry to but in, but it is those types of shows that generate the most revenue.

The Western world had been invaded Nigeria.

Some parts of Lagos i cant tell a difference between here and there grin

i doubt a cribs would work, too much wahalla from armed robbers tongue
Re: What Type Of Reality Shows Nigerian Viewers Want To See by THEAMAKA(f): 4:00pm On Aug 14, 2009
THEN WHEN ARE NIGERIANS GOING TO LEARN TO START SAYING NO
everything someone does they must copy.
this makes nigerians look bad.
ever dity habit from the west, the nigerian must copy.
na wa oo!!
im tired of this oo!!
Re: What Type Of Reality Shows Nigerian Viewers Want To See by THEAMAKA(f): 4:01pm On Aug 14, 2009
im still waiting for west africa's (nigeria's) next top model.!.!!.!.!. embarassed
Re: What Type Of Reality Shows Nigerian Viewers Want To See by platinumnk(f): 4:09pm On Aug 14, 2009
^^^ i thought they had that?

i saw a show like that when I came home

And they have something like that on Cox's Africa Channel.

but i think that would be nice though
Re: What Type Of Reality Shows Nigerian Viewers Want To See by kaym2: 4:22pm On Aug 14, 2009
a battle rap reality show where rappers battle each other. this wold be a success.or where producers make real music beats . think about it , this would be very big!
Re: What Type Of Reality Shows Nigerian Viewers Want To See by THEAMAKA(f): 5:56pm On Aug 14, 2009
kay-m:

a battle rap reality show where rappers battle each other. this wold be a success.or where producers make real music beats . think about it , this would be very big!

actually MNET already has a show going on, or i think its almost over.
its called EMCEE AFRICA.
its where different MC'S from different african countries battle each other.
its pretty good.

platinumnk:

^^^ i thought they had that?

i saw a show like that when I came home

And they have something like that on Cox's Africa Channel.

but i think that would be nice though

i dont think the show came out already. because on the website www.wafntm.com it shows no signs of any show taking place. oluchi is suppose to host it. but on the website there is no sign of any filming or anything episodes coming out.
in early march auditions were held in lagos, abuja, and port harcourt.
so im guessing this is going to be just nigerian girls even though they call it west africa.
maybe you saw another show like that, but west africa's next top model? i dont think it came on yet.
thats the one im waiting for.
but until then, everyone can enjoy face of africa, its like africa's next top model. lol
Re: What Type Of Reality Shows Nigerian Viewers Want To See by qymekkam(m): 7:19pm On Aug 14, 2009
THE AMAKA:

it probably only had one episode because it was the event of nigeria's next top model not an actual show.
and if you go to www.wafntm.com its WEST AFRICA'S NEXT TOP MODEL.
but basically its only Nigeria's Next Top Model because the auditions were only held in nigeria.
if you go to that website and click on auditions it shows that in early march of this year auditions were held in lagos, abuja, and port harcout.
yet there is still no sign of the show.
since auditions were only held in nigeria, i assume its going to only be nigerians.
therefore i dont know why they call it west africa's next top model when its only nigerians. lol
so dont worry, you wont have to share. lol
and i remember ghana had their own top model. they had 1 or 2 seasons i believe. but i heard the show is cancelled now.
so there would be no need to have a west africa's and a ghana's at the same time.
im still waiting for that show ive been waiting almost 5 months now. undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided

i know there is a west africas next top model but im talking about nigerias next top model two different shows check out nigerias next top model on wikipedia. it aired in 2007 i think. im pretty sure wantm will be better than nigerias next top model
Re: What Type Of Reality Shows Nigerian Viewers Want To See by SeanT21(f): 9:31pm On Aug 14, 2009
Are U smarter than a 5th grader? Nigerian Version.
Re: What Type Of Reality Shows Nigerian Viewers Want To See by THEAMAKA(f): 9:35pm On Aug 14, 2009
SeanT21:

Are U smarter than a 5th grader? Nigerian Version.

thats not a good idea. a lot of nigerians arent educated or didnt have the opportunity to go to school.
that show would just make others feel bad. or not like that, but you get what im saying, right?
naw that show is a BAD IDEA.
Re: What Type Of Reality Shows Nigerian Viewers Want To See by r231(m): 9:50pm On Aug 14, 2009
survivor, try dat
Re: What Type Of Reality Shows Nigerian Viewers Want To See by SeanT21(f): 9:54pm On Aug 14, 2009
@amaka

TRUE but it would be funny.

@r231

Haha~~I will love to see some money hungry Nigerians eat worms.
Re: What Type Of Reality Shows Nigerian Viewers Want To See by THEAMAKA(f): 9:58pm On Aug 14, 2009
FEAR FACTOR: NIGERIA!!!

HAHAHAHA LOL
THAT WOULD BE HILARIOUS.

survivor? thats cool!! go to some remote location/forest in the congo near a river or something like that.
Re: What Type Of Reality Shows Nigerian Viewers Want To See by qymekkam(m): 10:42pm On Aug 14, 2009
fear factor nigeria is nothing. my mom eats fish eyes, fish hearts, cow hearts. all that crap. she said its because nigerians can eat anything
Re: What Type Of Reality Shows Nigerian Viewers Want To See by qymekkam(m): 10:43pm On Aug 14, 2009
THE AMAKA:

survivor? thats cool!! go to some remote location/forest in the congo near a river or something like that.

or the niger delta they can see how long they last.
Re: What Type Of Reality Shows Nigerian Viewers Want To See by THEAMAKA(f): 10:59pm On Aug 14, 2009
qymekkam:

fear factor nigeria is nothing. my mom eats fish eyes, fish hearts, cow hearts. all that crap. she said its because nigerians can eat anything

hahahahaha!!! its not only eating bad stuff on that show but also the physical tasks. that can go along with it.

qymekkam:

or the niger delta they can see how long they last.

naw, the niger delta is a bad area. 1) all these militants and army and all this other rubbish. its not safe down there to do a reality show 2)on survivor most of the time the main diet is fish. but you cant fish in those oil infested waters of the niger delta. unless you want to get sick. but heck, there arent even fish there to begin with.

i think the congo is the best idea, on a river or something.
or near the beach in the congo.
Re: What Type Of Reality Shows Nigerian Viewers Want To See by qymekkam(m): 3:19am On Aug 15, 2009
i was joking
Re: What Type Of Reality Shows Nigerian Viewers Want To See by THEAMAKA(f): 3:23am On Aug 15, 2009
qymekkam:

i was joking
OH. LOL
my bad. embarassed
Re: What Type Of Reality Shows Nigerian Viewers Want To See by oyinda3(f): 7:52am On Aug 16, 2009
THE AMAKA:

im still waiting for west africa's (nigeria's) next top model.!.!!.!.!. embarassed

me tooo. i've been waiting for agesss. lol
Re: What Type Of Reality Shows Nigerian Viewers Want To See by THEAMAKA(f): 7:57am On Aug 16, 2009
auditions were held in early march in abuja, lagos, and port harcourt.
maybe the show has been canceled. you cant do a show like that in an unstable country.
look at whats going on in the country? its not safe.
maybe they have stopped production due to this unstable country.
they need to hurry up!!

and they need to change the name to Nigeria's Next Top Model. after all, the only auditions were being held in Nigeria and Ghana from the last time i checked, already had their own top model.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9sQuaUZ_XIQ

so there would be no need to call it West Africa's if Ghana is doing their own thing.
Nigeria's Next Top Model is what it is. lol
Re: What Type Of Reality Shows Nigerian Viewers Want To See by Diva1(f): 8:07pm On Aug 16, 2009
platinumnk:

Sorry to but in, but it is those types of shows that generate the most revenue.

The Western world had been invaded Nigeria.

Some parts of Lagos i cant tell a difference between here and there grin

i doubt a cribs would work, too much wahalla from armed robbers tongue

cheesy That's right girl, can imagine while we are watching cribs, robbers are busy planning how to attack lol

I think fear factor Nigeria would be nice to see
Re: What Type Of Reality Shows Nigerian Viewers Want To See by oyinda3(f): 8:12pm On Aug 16, 2009
THE AMAKA:

maybe the show has been canceled.

yea i think so too. dis oluchi sef lol
Re: What Type Of Reality Shows Nigerian Viewers Want To See by THEAMAKA(f): 8:15pm On Aug 16, 2009
oyinda.:

yea i think so too. dis oluchi sef lol

hehehe! i know!
the website is giving us no information.
sha!

maybe it has been canceled. nigeria is an unstable country. how do you expect to do a show in a country like nigeria.
look at whats going on in northern nigeria with all this boko haram and this and that going on.
its too much. doing a show is probably not safe.
but auditons were already held so im suggesting they already have the girls picked out.
they just need to start production.

i wish they would go to more cities in nigeria besides abuja, lagos, and port harcourt.
some girls in the villages are probably really good for modeling.
Re: What Type Of Reality Shows Nigerian Viewers Want To See by oyinda3(f): 8:21pm On Aug 16, 2009
i don't think it's about naija being an unstable country. i'm sure there are plenty other shows that exist in naija
even though the quality might not be up to par with their western counterparts, i don't really mind i'll watch it if i had the opportunity still. lol

they said production was going to begin last month or 2mths ago or so on the ad undecided maybe it's been canceled. i dun even think oluchi is in naija.
Re: What Type Of Reality Shows Nigerian Viewers Want To See by THEAMAKA(f): 8:28pm On Aug 16, 2009
me either.
who knows. undecided
well if production just started 2 months ago maybe its coming on soon!!
most shows are done months earlier but it just takes time to edit all the scenes and make episodes and stuff like that.
but then again i have reason to believe that the show is not coming on soon because Face Of Africa is coming back as well.
and i dont think they will be airing those shows at the same time.

but yeah they need to hurry up with the show already!!
they should have also went to places like Ibadan, Onitsha, Owerri, Calabar, Enugu, Benin City, and Warri.
there were probably other girls who would want to be models or possibly have potential from those areas.
but as of the north, STAY CLEAR OF SHARIAH LAW STATES. lol
they dont want their heads blown off.
Re: What Type Of Reality Shows Nigerian Viewers Want To See by mamagee6(f): 7:36pm On Aug 17, 2009
We would like to see anything as long as koko mansion rubbish is out of tv. angry
Re: What Type Of Reality Shows Nigerian Viewers Want To See by sjeezy8: 8:02pm On Aug 17, 2009
The type of reality shows about me cause im so damn interesting
Re: What Type Of Reality Shows Nigerian Viewers Want To See by r231(m): 10:51pm On Aug 17, 2009
sjeezy8:

The type of reality shows about me cause im so damn interesting

hahaha, let us knw when u r rdy, lol
Re: What Type Of Reality Shows Nigerian Viewers Want To See by timi09: 6:05pm On Aug 21, 2009
reality shoooooow i beg o undecided
Re: What Type Of Reality Shows Nigerian Viewers Want To See by Elladamsel: 10:52pm On Sep 06, 2009
i think something like weight watchers or biggest losers or swans or extreme makeover. we've not had anytin about weight loss in 9ja. i knw sum pple tink its not african but having a lot of fat could be dangerous 2 ones health, it could also be embarrassing cos most fat pple wont even take off their clothes 2 swim, i mean dey wuld rather not swim. and also if dey r not interested dey nid not participate, but believe me dey will be watching.
Re: What Type Of Reality Shows Nigerian Viewers Want To See by oyinda3(f): 8:56pm On Sep 08, 2009
we should send about 12 bus conductors into the streets to compete against each other (they are allowed to sabotage each other but no killing or stealing). which ever makes the most money at the end wins a brand new molue.
Re: What Type Of Reality Shows Nigerian Viewers Want To See by candylips(m): 9:28am On Sep 09, 2009
oyinda.:

we should send about 12 bus conductors into the streets to compete against each other (they are allowed to sabotage each other but no killing or stealing). which ever makes the most money at the end wins a brand new molue.

undecided
Re: What Type Of Reality Shows Nigerian Viewers Want To See by Nobody: 3:49pm On Sep 10, 2009
survivor

Top Chef

Cheaters

Hair shows

Apollo nights

Photography

Celebrity Fit Club

The Biggest Loser

Makeover shows

Charm School/Gentleman school

Blind Date

This Old House (home makeover)

Punkd

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Hollywood Actors Then, And Now (photos) / Da Vinci's Demons Series (from the producers of Spartacus ) / Where Can I Get COMPLETE Episodes Of Becareful With My Heart

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.