Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,736 members, 7,817,028 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:33 PM

Lets Talk About How Blogging Can Help Solve Nigeria Unemployment. - Webmasters (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Lets Talk About How Blogging Can Help Solve Nigeria Unemployment. (10217 Views)

Reasons Why Blogging Can Make You A Better Academic Writer / 5 Ways Blogging Can Help Your Business / Lets Talk About: How You Can Start Video Blogging Successfully Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lets Talk About How Blogging Can Help Solve Nigeria Unemployment. by StepTwo: 7:15am On Apr 27, 2016
ladyF:
Educative.

Please visit my blog on www.ladyf.com for updates on LadyF.

It's [size=15pt]LadyF[/size] grin grin grin

i know since say dis girl d cràze, why u do me go pack virus from that site full my fone now?
Re: Lets Talk About How Blogging Can Help Solve Nigeria Unemployment. by oluwaemmanuel: 7:18am On Apr 27, 2016
ayindepremier:
[size=20pt]DO NOT START A BLOG IF...
1. if you don't have the perseverance to continue blogging with no returns.

2. if you don't have the time.

3. If you can't write captivating posts or your English is simply wack.

4. If you can't keep curating evergreen contents.

5. Don't start a blog just to make money.
[/size]
tanx boss, not everyone can write and not everyone ha s the ability to sit and think of what to write except u r advising pple to do copy and paste blogging.

1 Like

Re: Lets Talk About How Blogging Can Help Solve Nigeria Unemployment. by Roseey0(f): 7:22am On Apr 27, 2016
How does gossip solve a problem.
Re: Lets Talk About How Blogging Can Help Solve Nigeria Unemployment. by Educationentry: 7:26am On Apr 27, 2016
Education updates across the globe, visit educationentry.com
Re: Lets Talk About How Blogging Can Help Solve Nigeria Unemployment. by oneolajire(m): 7:30am On Apr 27, 2016
this juncture, I must be lucid enough to say that I am not a destructive critic, but a constructive one. I believe I can help proffer some pragmatic and proactive solutions to the protracted problem of unemployment.

Firstly, there are identified private organisations that have got massive investments in education, health, media and other socio-economic activities. They can equally be harnessed for job creation, especially in the agricultural sector. They are potentials waiting to be tapped for further exploits. I am confident that if these organisations are properly harnessed, they are capable of providing investments worth over 100 billion naira in the agricultural sector over the next ten years. The major challenge is how to sensitize them so that they can do more in the economy.

Secondly, I believe in the adequate training of undergraduates which is a panacea to abundant job production. I mean a training that will ensure adequate knowledge in both theory and practical. This means the government must ensure provision of adequate modern equipment in all tertiary institutions. I believe in the institutionalisation of every course of study in every tertiary institution in Nigeria, a system that will operate like the teaching hospitals of medical students. In fact, what is sauce for the goose is sauce for the gander. Engineering students should have state of the art facilities in the recommended ''engineering villages'' in order to replace the empty laboratories and workshops, while science students should have something similar. We need ''centres of innovation'', not just ''centres of operation and maintenance''. We need ''Nigerian technologies'' not just ''made in Nigeria products''. I do not subscribe to the Nigerian method of gaining practical experiences in which Industrial Training is meant to provide, because we have seen that medical students have adequate expertise as a result of the training they received in their specialized institutions. Institutionalisation is working in the medical field, it will work in other fields. The major goal to be achieved is self-sufficiency in every field in terms of qualified personnel, job creation and standard products. It must be noted that engineers and scientist are the major job creators in developed economies, they help provide white collar jobs in terms of modern goods and services. So Nigeria must train capable engineers and scientist that will create abundant jobs.

Thirdly, undergraduates studying agricultural courses should be empowered (both with finance and modern implements) to own farms before and after graduation. I believe funding of our agriculture student/graduates is possible since the government can pay huge sums to house officers (final year medical students). We should abhor the the practice of ''crash programs'', when there are professionals who can perform in those fields. For example, you'll hear something like ''a three day seminar on fish production''. A rhetorical question that comes to my heart is, why are we wasting resources on such a crash program when we have thousands of agriculture and fish production graduates in Nigeria? Billions of naira was spent on Millennium Development Goals, especially goal number one, as well as the National Youth Service Corps agriculture scheme, with little or nothing to show for the amount spent. The government must realise that youths corpers cannot be forced into farming. It is high time we empowered and utilised the right people for the right job. We need to fix educated people (the graduates of agriculture) in our agricultural sector, as in people who can access information, modern tools and techniques for abundant job production as it is done in advanced countries.

My point as touching entrepreneurship is that it is an inordinate thing to degenerate graduates into practicing entrepreneurship of making pop corn, chin-chin, frying akara, selling imported wears, operating a beer palour, laundry, salon and businesses after graduation. I believe in a graduate entrepreneurship where an electrical engineering graduate can venture into electrical equipment (such as electric motor, transformers, high tension cables, power generation turbines and so on to solve our power problem) design and manufacturing while other engineering graduates do similar things in their fields. We need to locally train scientist who will develop hi-tech products that will be developed by their small scale enterprises and will later develop into large scale businesses. We need to transform our graduates to local investors who can venture into bitumen (and other solid minerals) processing, having it in mind that Nigeria has its second largest bitumen deposit in the world after Canada. Nigeria must transform herself from mere and unsophisticated entrepreneurship to science/technology/research driven entrepreneurship.

Only very few Nigerians know that multinational oil companies such as Shell, Chevron and Agip are involved in operations far beyond oil exploration in their countries of origin. As at today, Nigeria has no reason to export crude oil as long as these oil companies can invest into oil refining, petrochemical and gas-to-power generation. What we need to do is to set out modalities that will ensure they refine our crude oil, make petrochemicals for local consumption and export whatever remains as this will help create much jobs. I advocate that the government should reverse the privatisation process of PHCN because the beneficiaries of the privatisation have no prior experience in the power sector, neither have they made marginal investment since they took charge. Despite the purported sale, the federal government is still investing billions of naira into the power sector; an anomalous situation. I believe that multinational energy giants such as General Electric and Siemens should be encouraged to take over PHCN and invest in power generation, transmission and distribution in order to fast track job creation opportunities.

Lastly, it is so easy to attract FDI when favorable conditions are put in place for investors. It is a pity to note that some Nigerian companies e.g. Dunlop Ltd, relocated their factories to Ghana as a result of a better manufacturing environment available in that country. Nigeria doesn't need to beg for investments, what Nigeria needs is to put in place are adequate infrastructures, such as good transportation system, efficient power supply as well as incentives for prospective investors. When the right business environment is achieved, FDI will automatically flow into our nation and there will be abundant job opportunities.

@Philippian Solutions
oneolajire2000@yahoo.co.uk

2 Likes

Re: Lets Talk About How Blogging Can Help Solve Nigeria Unemployment. by thefakestan: 7:32am On Apr 27, 2016
ladyF:
Educative.

Why you send us go chineese website?

I go report you oh.

ThefakeStan
Re: Lets Talk About How Blogging Can Help Solve Nigeria Unemployment. by Nobody: 7:44am On Apr 27, 2016
this days everybody wants to blog
Re: Lets Talk About How Blogging Can Help Solve Nigeria Unemployment. by kan12(m): 7:56am On Apr 27, 2016
Op tell us what is needed to start blogging?and how one can start up his own.
Re: Lets Talk About How Blogging Can Help Solve Nigeria Unemployment. by NRepublic: 8:12am On Apr 27, 2016
Mekus68:
Op I'm nursing d dream of setting up a forum like this nairaland. Can one go straight to setting it up, or do l start from blogging, then navigate it to forum later on?

www.naijaRepublic.com
www.forum.naijaRepublic.com
www.videonaija.tv

We welcome writers.

Re: Lets Talk About How Blogging Can Help Solve Nigeria Unemployment. by Caspian22(m): 8:17am On Apr 27, 2016
They say, "the simple key to success is doing what nobody else is doing and doing it for a long time"

A sizable amount of Nigerians are into blogging, but very few are earning from it. The idea is very good, but not every Nigerian can blog. And many of them still see it as a way to make quick money.

Making money online, that's what can solve the unemployment problem.

1 Like

Re: Lets Talk About How Blogging Can Help Solve Nigeria Unemployment. by teegrams(m): 8:22am On Apr 27, 2016
Nice write but i will reserve my arguments today wink

1 Like

Re: Lets Talk About How Blogging Can Help Solve Nigeria Unemployment. by Nobody: 8:25am On Apr 27, 2016
how can i open a new blog?
Re: Lets Talk About How Blogging Can Help Solve Nigeria Unemployment. by NRepublic: 8:30am On Apr 27, 2016
Everyone wants a blog. Nobody wants to write fresh content.

We have a platform, even ready to pay for great write ups. Is that you? Step up

Collaboration goes a long way.
Re: Lets Talk About How Blogging Can Help Solve Nigeria Unemployment. by Sasuwa(f): 8:37am On Apr 27, 2016
ladyF:
Educative.

@ ladyF why are u behaving like a capital F
Re: Lets Talk About How Blogging Can Help Solve Nigeria Unemployment. by Emmasnoop(m): 8:56am On Apr 27, 2016
What are the challenges in opening your own blog and after you have open it and how to make it yield fruit within 3-6months.
Re: Lets Talk About How Blogging Can Help Solve Nigeria Unemployment. by Ay04z(m): 8:57am On Apr 27, 2016
gimbayaro:
oboy this is a beautiful writing and sentences....you sabi speak English. ..but the writer na drop out abi graduate? abi which university him go sef...

shashasha
u be member of c.d.a.
Re: Lets Talk About How Blogging Can Help Solve Nigeria Unemployment. by Ay04z(m): 8:58am On Apr 27, 2016
how do I create a blog and earn from it ?

1 Like

Re: Lets Talk About How Blogging Can Help Solve Nigeria Unemployment. by faruku104(m): 9:07am On Apr 27, 2016
Emmasnoop:
What are the challenges in opening your own blog and after you have open it and how to make it yield fruit within 3-6months.

3-6months? lmao bro.... it only happens if u have seriously cash to invest
Re: Lets Talk About How Blogging Can Help Solve Nigeria Unemployment. by comstock: 9:09am On Apr 27, 2016
shitloads fake news incoming....
Re: Lets Talk About How Blogging Can Help Solve Nigeria Unemployment. by afanide: 9:14am On Apr 27, 2016
ladyF:
Educative.

Are you a Chinese? I visited your Blog and it's all written in Chinese.
Won't visit that again undecided
Re: Lets Talk About How Blogging Can Help Solve Nigeria Unemployment. by jimi4us: 9:26am On Apr 27, 2016
ladyF:
Educative.

why is your virus website in Chinese
Re: Lets Talk About How Blogging Can Help Solve Nigeria Unemployment. by buharisbae(f): 9:35am On Apr 27, 2016
kuphreh:
As lagos is noted for large populated business
state different business activities is going on
(photo) Lawanson is becoming one of the area in
surulere where phone dealer are and buyers are
triping in to buy and sell. More photos coming..

chimex grin
Re: Lets Talk About How Blogging Can Help Solve Nigeria Unemployment. by ournaijablog(f): 9:47am On Apr 27, 2016
caesaraba:
Not with what we call blogs these days. All these copy and paste bloggers with no single original content are strictly on their own. It takes hard work and uniqueness for any blog to attract returning traffic.
my dear I do not see anything wrong with copy and paste, do you think its easy to get source? its not abeg everyone gotta start from somewhere naturally I am a news junkie so I mainly post news ish but I have a flare for writing so I write on my blogs also, I post news and write everyday whatever I do on my blog an original piece must be in it and that's my writing
Re: Lets Talk About How Blogging Can Help Solve Nigeria Unemployment. by ssonn: 9:49am On Apr 27, 2016
blogging is cool.....the problem most ppl get is how to build traffic how to get ppl to visit your site.
I have ways to build traffic using Google ping visit my home to see www.tillthewholeworldknows..com
add features other than default
offer free biz free things on your site
like if you visit my blog you'll find free schools you can take online courses like programming web design etc for free
sites you can download movies for free
I added features like music player to my blog web version it means you can listen to music while you surf that's how I value my visitors. I also help ppl design their blogs visit mine if you like the design let me know.
Re: Lets Talk About How Blogging Can Help Solve Nigeria Unemployment. by ournaijablog(f): 9:49am On Apr 27, 2016
NRepublic:
Everyone wants a blog. Nobody wants to write fresh content.

We have a platform, even ready to pay for great write ups. Is that you? Step up

Collaboration goes a long way.

me me me raising my hands I write too grin

ournaijablog.com

go check it out

thanks

1 Like

Re: Lets Talk About How Blogging Can Help Solve Nigeria Unemployment. by stevespack(m): 9:58am On Apr 27, 2016
Thank you dear inasmuch as am a drop out but at-least you got the message right?
gimbayaro:
oboy this is a beautiful writing and sentences....you sabi speak English. ..but the writer na drop out abi graduate? abi which university him go sef...

shashasha
Re: Lets Talk About How Blogging Can Help Solve Nigeria Unemployment. by caesaraba(m): 10:04am On Apr 27, 2016
ournaijablog:

my dear I do not see anything wrong with copy and paste, do you think its easy to get source? its not abeg everyone gotta start from somewhere naturally I am a news junkie so I mainly post news ish but I have a flare for writing so I write on my blogs also, I post news and write everyday whatever I do on my blog an original piece must be in it and that's my writing
Re: Lets Talk About How Blogging Can Help Solve Nigeria Unemployment. by stevespack(m): 10:11am On Apr 27, 2016
Thank you all for your wonderful contribution both the encouraging one's and the critics i really really enjoy every bit of it, it helps one going. And for those who are not okay with mine English please bear with me but you got the message right?. On those asking why am still using . Well i left it for a purpose to prove that you can still get adsense with it. In-conclusion you must understand that blogging is like investment you may not see the result now but believe me is going to come if you don't give-up. Even if is one post per week today is still better to start off than waiting till tomorrow good luck love you all. By the way am going to take time out to visit every listed blog here lets share ideas i believe it will help us all go far, kindly do the same to mine bye.
Re: Lets Talk About How Blogging Can Help Solve Nigeria Unemployment. by Nobody: 10:14am On Apr 27, 2016
caesaraba:
Not with what we call blogs these days. All these copy and paste bloggers with no single original content are strictly on their own. It takes hard work and uniqueness for any blog to attract returning traffic.
You are so darn right... That's why I had to ask myself deep questions before starting out my blog... Eventsngr I know she's going to do well too.
Re: Lets Talk About How Blogging Can Help Solve Nigeria Unemployment. by stevespack(m): 10:19am On Apr 27, 2016
simple go to blogger.com or is free of charge all you need is computer or smartphone with internet connection i believe is good you start it off on your own both the early mistakes and frustration will at long last help you go far that was how i started mine but in-case you still find it hard contact me am ready to help out okay.
kan12:
Op tell us what is needed to start blogging?and how one can start up his own.
Re: Lets Talk About How Blogging Can Help Solve Nigeria Unemployment. by ladyF(f): 10:20am On Apr 27, 2016
Sasuwa:
@ ladyF why are u behaving like a capital F
Your point exactly...? undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Please Help, How Best Can I Advertise My Blog And Make My Money Back From Adsens / 4 Things People Believe About Bloggers That Aren't True - Techinfo / I Can't Access My Instagram Account

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.