Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,203 members, 7,811,545 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 02:18 PM

Soldier Shoots Man In Abuja, Stabs Another (photo) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Soldier Shoots Man In Abuja, Stabs Another (photo) (42382 Views)

Aisha Buhari Shakes A Man In Belgium & Gets Blasted On Facebook - Photos / Nkechi Chukwurah's Aide Shoots At Her In Assassination Attempt (photo) / Mohammed Gudaji Kazaure Shoots Himself, Flown To Dubai (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Soldier Shoots Man In Abuja, Stabs Another (photo) by dre11(m): 8:38pm On Apr 26, 2016
There has been tension in the Giri community since when a soldier allegedly shot and wounded a resident of the area, identified as Danjuma Joshua, while another person, Manga Lukman Barde, was also stabbed by the same soldier, last Friday.

An witness said the incident happened around 1:42p.m. when two soldiers, in mufti had misunderstanding with a driver of a Nissan pick-up van with registration number XA 339 NAS, who was carrying timber.

The witness said the driver, identified as Idris Musa, was driving into the village while the two soldiers were walking by the side of the road.

“The driver decided to stop after he got close to the soldiers because there were two vehicles parked by the road side, narrowing the road,” the witness said.

“But when one of the soldiers turned back and saw the driver stopped, he asked the driver why he stopped close to them,” he said.

The witness said the driver decided to make a phone call which angered the two soldiers who also placed a call to their men at the nearby Army base in the area and the soldiers came in their large number to the area, inside a Toyota Hilux van.

He alleged that the soldiers started shooting sporadically and Joshua was hit by a bullet.

He further alleged that it was when Barde, who was the driver of the incumbent chairman of Gwagwalada Area Council, Alhaji Abubakar Jibrin Giri, tried to broker peace between the pick-up van diver and the soldiers that he was allegedly stabbed.

When our reporter visited Joshua at the University of Abuja Teaching Hospital at Gwagwalada, where he was receiving treatment on Friday, he said he was hit by the soldiers’ stray bullets when he was trying to find out what was happening.

The chairman’s driver, who was admitted at a private clinic in Gwagwalada, could not speak with our reporter as he was still unconscious.

Reacting to the incident, the chairman of the council said he was not at home when the incident happened but one of his security men called to inform him about the incident.

The chairman called on the security authorities to fish out those behind the incident.

He cautioned residents, especially youth, not to take laws into their own hands. When contacted, the Gwagwalada Divisional Police Officer (DPO), ASP Rabiu Mohammed, confirmed the incident, even though he said the matter is before the military authorities.

He said: “When the incident happened, I called and informed the military authorities and I believe that they are already doing something about the incident. The FCT police commissioner was also informed about the incident. “

http://www.dailytrust.com.ng/news/city-news/soldier-shoots-man-stabs-another-at-giri/143861.html

PIC: The driver of the chairman of Gwagwalada Area Council, Manga Lukman Barde, who was allegedly stabbed by the soldiers receives treatment at a private clinic in Gwagwalada.

3 Shares

Re: Soldier Shoots Man In Abuja, Stabs Another (photo) by fulaniHERDSman(m): 8:39pm On Apr 26, 2016
grin cheesy
Back to millitary era? grin cheesy

49 Likes 1 Share

Re: Soldier Shoots Man In Abuja, Stabs Another (photo) by Movic1(m): 8:42pm On Apr 26, 2016
ZOO lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

59 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Soldier Shoots Man In Abuja, Stabs Another (photo) by dunkem21(m): 8:43pm On Apr 26, 2016
fulaniHERDSman:
grin cheesy
Back to millitary era? grin cheesy

Not funny bro angry

24 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Soldier Shoots Man In Abuja, Stabs Another (photo) by shiki(m): 8:52pm On Apr 26, 2016
Unknown Soldiers have been shooting civilians since

BABA FELA was alive.

Another one happened in Lagos today

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Soldier Shoots Man In Abuja, Stabs Another (photo) by warasoyabeske: 8:54pm On Apr 26, 2016
We get unknown police
We get unknown soldier
We get unknown civilian

All is equal to unknown government

6 Likes

Re: Soldier Shoots Man In Abuja, Stabs Another (photo) by SamuelAnyawu(m): 8:59pm On Apr 26, 2016
Military Regime

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Soldier Shoots Man In Abuja, Stabs Another (photo) by ijustdey: 9:34pm On Apr 26, 2016
if nah boko haram the soldiers heard now..... they would have picked race..

those guys are just a menace to the society

53 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Soldier Shoots Man In Abuja, Stabs Another (photo) by Acidosis(m): 10:41pm On Apr 26, 2016
I can't blame the soldiers. An average military man identifies with Buhari, they see him more as a military man, than a democrat. He remains a GENERAL, and his men will do anything and get away with it.

Reason is not farfetched as his supporters equally see him more as a tyrant who should break the law at any time to see that their perceived enemy is killed, and buried.

The same demonic and despotic perception characterizes the morale of the current Fulani terrorists.

Whatever we get from now till 2019 is just the result of the seed the "95 per centers" sowed with their voter cards.

63 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Soldier Shoots Man In Abuja, Stabs Another (photo) by MrHackmed1(m): 10:43pm On Apr 26, 2016
“The driver decided to stop after he got close to the soldiers because there were two vehicles parked by the road side, narrowing the road,” the witness said.
Nothing is wrong with this undecided,

“But when one of the soldiers turned back and saw the driver stopped, he asked the driver why he stopped close to them,” he said.
According to the 2nd paragraph,
witness said the incident happened around 1:42p.m. when two soldiers, in mufti
, pls for Godsake, the fact that you are soldier, doesn't you are a god & warrant you challenging civilians anyhow

T[b]he witness said the [i]driver decided to make a phone call which angered the two soldiers [/i]who also placed a call to their men at the nearby Army base in the area and the soldiers came in their large number to the area[/b], inside a Toyota Hilux van.
Imagine you were in mufti, going on you own and a vehicle parked behind you on his own as well to get better passage and make a call, why would you bother about whoever the driver is calling if you hands are clean?, why not just go on your own? angry angry

Serious our soldiers atimes behave like animal

35 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Soldier Shoots Man In Abuja, Stabs Another (photo) by Nobody: 10:43pm On Apr 26, 2016
It's unfair
Re: Soldier Shoots Man In Abuja, Stabs Another (photo) by ifeelgood: 10:44pm On Apr 26, 2016
Us that the reward for hailing them? They should go and face herdsmen. Shior

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Soldier Shoots Man In Abuja, Stabs Another (photo) by oriakofe(m): 10:44pm On Apr 26, 2016
could they just got stabbed or shot at like dat? God bless Nigerian Army.

2 Likes

Re: Soldier Shoots Man In Abuja, Stabs Another (photo) by CaptainBomb(m): 10:44pm On Apr 26, 2016
Fu<k Nigeria Army

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Soldier Shoots Man In Abuja, Stabs Another (photo) by Jjrhymez(m): 10:45pm On Apr 26, 2016
this story get K leg abeg.

4 Likes

Re: Soldier Shoots Man In Abuja, Stabs Another (photo) by ALAYORMII: 10:45pm On Apr 26, 2016
GOD, why so many bad news?
Re: Soldier Shoots Man In Abuja, Stabs Another (photo) by Flexherbal(m): 10:45pm On Apr 26, 2016
Thsis soldier should be showed the way to Sambisa.

1 Like

Re: Soldier Shoots Man In Abuja, Stabs Another (photo) by Dollyak(f): 10:46pm On Apr 26, 2016
I still maintain Nigeria must be sanction economically to stop this human rights abuse by the authorities. I guess you have to live in the system to comprehend how people can be so comfortable with these abuses, which also includes failed promises by politicians, corruption, darkness, bad roads, no jobs/hard jobs with little pay etc.
I bet this one too will soon be swept under the carpet.What a country

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Soldier Shoots Man In Abuja, Stabs Another (photo) by AyamConfidence(m): 10:46pm On Apr 26, 2016
if they see Fulani herdsmen walking about with loaded AK-47s now they will clear road but they can flex muscles for "bloody" civilians shey

Naija is a country of misplaced priorities SMFH

4 Likes

Re: Soldier Shoots Man In Abuja, Stabs Another (photo) by faithesco(f): 10:46pm On Apr 26, 2016
Errrmmmm,what am I suppose 2 say#mtchew
Re: Soldier Shoots Man In Abuja, Stabs Another (photo) by sniperr007(m): 10:47pm On Apr 26, 2016
Shame that instead of defending the borders, this pple terrorize the civilians. Bad leadership.
Re: Soldier Shoots Man In Abuja, Stabs Another (photo) by maxwell767(m): 10:47pm On Apr 26, 2016
undecided undecided hmmmm..

Re: Soldier Shoots Man In Abuja, Stabs Another (photo) by FreeWorld23: 10:48pm On Apr 26, 2016
angry

Re: Soldier Shoots Man In Abuja, Stabs Another (photo) by merits(m): 10:48pm On Apr 26, 2016
Re: Soldier Shoots Man In Abuja, Stabs Another (photo) by Nobody: 10:49pm On Apr 26, 2016
Soldier go, soldier come, soldier do wetin you want but don't fall in love with me angry

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Soldier Shoots Man In Abuja, Stabs Another (photo) by DrChukzy(m): 10:49pm On Apr 26, 2016
i repeat, the respect we are giving some of these illiterate nuisance is too much. Very soon Nigerians will need to start buying ammos to fight these solnjass.
Re: Soldier Shoots Man In Abuja, Stabs Another (photo) by Excelboi(m): 10:49pm On Apr 26, 2016
After shooting a lawyer in a recent news, then this again....
Re: Soldier Shoots Man In Abuja, Stabs Another (photo) by Nobody: 10:50pm On Apr 26, 2016
I blame the driver for that-
Re: Soldier Shoots Man In Abuja, Stabs Another (photo) by SailorXY: 10:51pm On Apr 26, 2016
Hmmm
I wouldn't say I don't believe the story but it's really hard to believe.
Soldier: o boy why you stop for my back so?
Driver: *put cell phone by his ear without reply*
Soldier: *put his own phone by his ear too without further comments*

<everything stands @ attention>

~ troops arrive in minutes spraying bullets everywhere belle face ~

aaaah aaaaah watapin na

7 Likes

Re: Soldier Shoots Man In Abuja, Stabs Another (photo) by greatbrian(m): 10:52pm On Apr 26, 2016
Confused people. Now u will be asked to identify the soldiers u would be looking like u... And by the way y d hell should u make call beside a soldier at dz era of insurgency..... Its a great disrespect anyway quick recovery

1 Like

Re: Soldier Shoots Man In Abuja, Stabs Another (photo) by shehuolayinka(m): 10:53pm On Apr 26, 2016
Nigeria with bad news. Mtchwww
Re: Soldier Shoots Man In Abuja, Stabs Another (photo) by armadeo(m): 10:53pm On Apr 26, 2016
N.a. dem

Attention, quick march, fall in, fall out, left turn, right turn....

Zombie oh zombie.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Deji Adeyanju Gives Up: "Nigeria Is Not Worth Dying For" / Aisha Yesufu Drags Bashir El-Rufai For Saying She Dances Like A "Demented Goat" / 2019 Imo Governorship: Moment Emeka Ihedioha & Tony Nwulu Campaigns Met

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.