Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,731 members, 7,844,411 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 08:32 PM

Who Do You Think Should Be The man To Rule Nigeria and why? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Who Do You Think Should Be The man To Rule Nigeria and why? (2307 Views)

Poll: Who Do You Think Should Be The Man To Rule Nigeria?

muhammadu buhari: 2% (1 vote)
donald duke: 2% (1 vote)
el rufai: 0% (0 votes)
Dora akunyili: 0% (0 votes)
ken nnamani: 8% (3 votes)
pat utomi: 21% (8 votes)
babatunde fashola: 51% (19 votes)
ernest ndukwe: 0% (0 votes)
Fola adeola: 0% (0 votes)
Nuhu ribadu: 10% (4 votes)
Dimeji bankole: 2% (1 vote)
This poll has ended

What Do You Think Should Be Done To This Boko Haram Commander? / Why Sambo Dasuki Will Never Allow Buhari To Rule Nigeria / Bankole - Our Leaders Love To Rule And Die In Office (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Do You Think Should Be The man To Rule Nigeria and why? by Nobody: 10:31am On Aug 08, 2009
among the popular political figures in Nigeria today, who do you think should be the apex man as president who can steer the nation forward in the best possible way? in my own opinion and priority, corruption is a big issue. therefore i go for buhari who I think can dish corruption a big blow.
  The best thing we can do to save the country is to ensure that we do not have another yar'adua or obj as the our next president. therefore we need to start now to work on how we can place the right messiah on that seat. we cant afford another imposed inative president. fellow NLs tell us the man and the reason for your choice. so at the end we can counteract the riggers and place the man there by FORCE.
Re: Who Do You Think Should Be The man To Rule Nigeria and why? by nex(m): 11:07am On Aug 08, 2009
Ken Nnamani
Dimeji Bankole
Earnest Ndukwe
Nuhu Ribadu
BabaTunde Fashola
Donald Duke
Pat Utomi
Fola Adeola
El Rufai
Dora Akunyili

I searched by brain so long to find the name of a single woman whom I thought could rule this country. What's happening to our women leaders in politics?

Dora obviously gets more out of hand with the more power you put in her hands, but there was a time when we all believed and that's the Dora I'm talking about.
Re: Who Do You Think Should Be The man To Rule Nigeria and why? by Nobody: 11:47am On Aug 08, 2009
each person to provide a single recommendation backed with reasons
Re: Who Do You Think Should Be The man To Rule Nigeria and why? by nex(m): 11:59am On Aug 08, 2009
Okay, I understand better now.

Ken Nnamani. He's a very good moderator. What people don't understand is that to Preside is about the same thing as to Moderate.

The man knows how to work good in this country without taking too drastic an action that will see his end, and too mild an action that will see ours.

Ken Nnamani was the man who put the third term agenda to its grave without direct confrontation with OBJ.

The man is not power crazed. He could have remained in the Senate or gone into the Presidential race, but he did not.

He is in the right party that is most likely to win the 2011 Presidential Elections, and he's from a people that deserve it the most.

He has a sincere outlook. As a president, you need to have a sincere look because things work better and faster when people find it easier to believe you.

KEN NNAMANI FOR PRESIDENT 2001.
Re: Who Do You Think Should Be The man To Rule Nigeria and why? by Yorubaman2: 12:03pm On Aug 08, 2009
Ibori for President while Odili for Vice president

we don finish be that.
Re: Who Do You Think Should Be The man To Rule Nigeria and why? by alias64: 1:06pm On Aug 08, 2009
[b]No one.

Vague ideas:

1. Get rid of national elections and replace with state elections:

State citizens should be presented with candidates fighting to be elected for two major posts. That of Governor and (SR) State Representative. 

2. Replace the current legislature with a tripartite house.

First House:
(The most powerful) should be run by a cabinet made up of State Representatives. They should be the ones that elect the chairman. The Chairman therefore is the most powerful man in the country. However, under this new system, naturally because he is only chairman of the ruling house his power will not be as powerful as our current president.

Second house:

Should be inhabited by traditional leaders who give advice and have collective power of veto.

Third House:

Should be the house of the people, however, ideally it should be inhabited by media people, student heads, teachers union, labour etcetera.

The judiciary would form an auxiliary body with enhanced powers.
[/b]
Re: Who Do You Think Should Be The man To Rule Nigeria and why? by Nobody: 1:31pm On Aug 08, 2009
No one.

Vague ideas:

1. Get rid of national elections and replace with state elections:

State citizens should be presented with candidates fighting to be elected for two major posts. That of Governor and (SR) State Representative.

2. Replace the current legislature with a tripartite house.

First House:
(The most powerful) should be run by a cabinet made up of State Representatives. They should be the ones that elect the chairman. The Chairman therefore is the most powerful man in the country. However, under this new system, naturally because he is only chairman of the ruling house his power will not be as powerful as our current president.

Second house:
Should be inhabited by traditional leaders who give advice and have collective power of veto.

Third House:

Should be the house of the people, however, ideally it should be inhabited by media people, student heads, teachers union, labour etcetera.

The judiciary would form an auxiliary body with enhanced powers.
I think we should focus on what is more feasible my brother
Re: Who Do You Think Should Be The man To Rule Nigeria and why? by Kobojunkie: 1:33pm On Aug 08, 2009
@Poster, what is the essence of this thread? Why this question? Why?
Re: Who Do You Think Should Be The man To Rule Nigeria and why? by Horus(m): 1:37pm On Aug 08, 2009
But this is not fair, where are the womans to rule Nigeria?. What kind of mentality is that, we can only vote for a man and we cannot vote for a woman?. Where is the freedom of choice?.
Re: Who Do You Think Should Be The man To Rule Nigeria and why? by Nobody: 1:55pm On Aug 08, 2009
Kobojunkie:

@Poster, what is the essence of this thread? Why this question? Why?
what are you trying to say. cant we identify distinguished and capable politicians?
Re: Who Do You Think Should Be The man To Rule Nigeria and why? by Nobody: 1:59pm On Aug 08, 2009
Horus:

But this is not fair, where are the womans to rule Nigeria?. What kind of mentality is that, we can only vote for a man and we cannot vote for a woman?. Where is the freedom of choice?.
if you know any ''womans'' why not mention their names and lets assess them. unfortunately i couldnt remember any except dora. besides is the problem all about a female president? no
Re: Who Do You Think Should Be The man To Rule Nigeria and why? by faoni572(m): 8:38am On Aug 10, 2009
As for me I prefer Fashola the present Lagos State governor to be the president. Judging from what he's doing in Lagos I believe he can steer this country forward
Re: Who Do You Think Should Be The man To Rule Nigeria and why? by Nobody: 10:10am On Aug 10, 2009
faoni572:

As for me I prefer Fashola the present Lagos State governor to be the president. Judging from what he's doing in Lagos I believe he can steer this country forward
but is it proper to use perfomance at state level to foretell performance national level? besides thats fashola's first tenure, how are we sure his is not just trying to secure himself a second term?
Re: Who Do You Think Should Be The man To Rule Nigeria and why? by Gbawe: 10:54am On Aug 10, 2009
eina:

but is it proper to use perfomance at state level to foretell performance national level? besides thats fashola's first tenure, how are we sure his is not just trying to secure himself a second term?

Yar Adua became President because of the carefully contrived myth that "he was the most fiscally responsible Governor in Nigeria" at the time. Political Parties (most notably the PDP) now believe that member Governors have the most experience to challenge for the Presidency.

From what we have seen so far , and going with the current trend of limiting the recruitment of the President to the Governors of Nigerian States , I would think Fashola should qualify to be our president more than anyone else .
Re: Who Do You Think Should Be The man To Rule Nigeria and why? by Kobojunkie: 12:32pm On Aug 10, 2009
eina:

what are you trying to say. cant we identify distinguished and capable politicians?

So you are convinced that continuing to recycle the same stock of politicians is the way to go? In your opinion you have to identify your idea of distinguished and capable politicians by going back to the same stock, after all you have learnt?
Re: Who Do You Think Should Be The man To Rule Nigeria and why? by agitator: 12:53pm On Aug 10, 2009
Kobojunkie:

So you are convinced that continuing to recycle the same stock of politicians is the way to go? In your opinion you have to identify your idea of distinguished and capable politicians by going back to the same stock, after all you have learnt?

That is the thinking of nigeria's present generation. Political big weight equivalent to past commisssioners, ministers, governors, etc
Re: Who Do You Think Should Be The man To Rule Nigeria and why? by nex(m): 1:00pm On Aug 10, 2009
I typed 2001. Why did I type 2001?

KEN NNAMANI for president 2011.
Re: Who Do You Think Should Be The man To Rule Nigeria and why? by Kobojunkie: 1:15pm On Aug 10, 2009
agitator:

That is the thinking of nigeria's present generation. Political big weight equivalent to past commisssioners, ministers, governors, etc

It will definitely be unfortunate if come 2011, we allow the same breed of politicians continue after all we have seen and learnt. The world will definitely be watching.
Re: Who Do You Think Should Be The man To Rule Nigeria and why? by Jakumo(m): 1:24pm On Aug 10, 2009
[size=28pt]Fashola for President of Nigeria 2011 ![/size]
Re: Who Do You Think Should Be The man To Rule Nigeria and why? by nex(m): 1:38pm On Aug 10, 2009
@eina

I suggest you modify your topic to be PERSON rather than MAN. It is annoying to think only a man should be considered for presidency in Nigeria. "We purpose first yankee get betta Mrs. President and First Lord sef"
Re: Who Do You Think Should Be The man To Rule Nigeria and why? by mustafar1: 1:45pm On Aug 10, 2009
Kobojunkie, why are u always looking for trouble. cant you just let them recycle in peace? grin

what going on? how ya weekend?
Re: Who Do You Think Should Be The man To Rule Nigeria and why? by Kobojunkie: 2:27pm On Aug 10, 2009
must_a_far:

Kobojunkie, why are u always looking for trouble. cant you just let them recycle in peace? grin

what going on? how ya weekend?

My weekend was great oo!!!

I really cannot believe that after all the suffering and humiliation we have suffered at the hands of the same batch, anyone would consider them distinguished and capable. Plus, I suspect this is yet another "praise Fashola and make him president" thread, which to me is similarly ludicrous considering we ought to be looking by now to find others like him out there who have not been given a chance in other areas to replace the other incompetent numbskulls we have in political office.
Re: Who Do You Think Should Be The man To Rule Nigeria and why? by Nobody: 2:38pm On Aug 10, 2009
nex:

@eina

I suggest you modify your topic to be PERSON rather than MAN. It is annoying to think only a man should be considered for presidency in Nigeria. "We purpose first yankee get betta Mrs. President and First Lord sef"
both pronouns ''man'' and ''woman'' still have a common word ''man'' so nothing spoil
Re: Who Do You Think Should Be The man To Rule Nigeria and why? by Nobody: 2:44pm On Aug 10, 2009
Kobojunkie:

what should be the yardstick to set the starndard? politicans with credibility or recycling? which one?
Re: Who Do You Think Should Be The man To Rule Nigeria and why? by sjeezy8: 2:52pm On Aug 10, 2009
KEN NNAMANI is moderate so was OBASANJO- i think anyone from the PDP stands a chance of winning. Also reports have said that OBJ is getting out of control within the PDP and trying to take it away from its founders(the Elite north), there are two sides now OBJ vs IBB.

KEN NNAMANI and his pdp supporters have sided with IBB.

Igbos and easterners should not be fooled by this man, when OBJ ran for president, majority of yorubas didn't support him even though he was Yoruba. They knew it was a gimmick and were right. SHINE YO EYES OHHH

But if it floats igbos boats, the pdp will elect an igbo president, Igbos will see he was fake (like yorubas knew about OBJ)and come to their senses on how Nigeria really is.  That there are just as many corrupt igbos, as yorubas, as fulani-hausas.

Anyone who isn't with the pdp and is for a better Nigeria should win
but if it takes KEN NNAMANI to make the EAST shine their eyes then so be it. The Aftermath of another failed pdp presidency by an igbo after a fulani who was after a yoruba lol. Everyone will see tribes don't matter.LOL
Re: Who Do You Think Should Be The man To Rule Nigeria and why? by Kobojunkie: 3:00pm On Aug 10, 2009
eina:

what should be the yardstick to set the starndard? politicans with credibility or recycling? which one?

Set what standard? Why, again, do you believe this question of yours is relevant at this time?
Re: Who Do You Think Should Be The man To Rule Nigeria and why? by KnowAll(m): 3:02pm On Aug 10, 2009
Mr moderator put Soludo's name and Ngozi Iweala's name on the list and let us see how popular they are.
Re: Who Do You Think Should Be The man To Rule Nigeria and why? by PROJECT: 3:03pm On Aug 10, 2009
pastor chris okotie will be the only answer and as long as we dont put him there its our loss not his, am watching and i want people to prove me wrong ,some one tell me why he cant be president
Re: Who Do You Think Should Be The man To Rule Nigeria and why? by PROJECT: 3:09pm On Aug 10, 2009
sjeezy u talk well ,as long as this people keep doin this tribal analysis we are doomed , why are playing the same card our fathers have played, lets wake up nowwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
Re: Who Do You Think Should Be The man To Rule Nigeria and why? by faoni572(m): 3:18pm On Aug 10, 2009
@Kobojunkie, I would like you to tell us your view. What do you think should be done on or before 2011. What are the measures to be taken to ensure the right person is there or how do you think we can get people like Fashola to replace these incompetent ones?
Re: Who Do You Think Should Be The man To Rule Nigeria and why? by Kobojunkie: 3:21pm On Aug 10, 2009
faoni572:

@Kobojunkie, I would like you to tell us your view. What do you think should be done on or before 2011. What are the measures to be taken to ensure the right person is there or how do you think we can get people like Fashola to replace these incompetent ones?

I don’t make it my place to tell others what to do or not do before 2011. This is because I expect it to be apparent, bu now, to every Nigerian out there that something ought to be done on our part to make sure we do not continue going through this same hell.

You choose to make Fashola your mark, and I ask, is it that you feel you cannot do better than that man has done so far? Do you feel he is the best you can get for your future?
Re: Who Do You Think Should Be The man To Rule Nigeria and why? by Nobody: 3:30pm On Aug 10, 2009
PROJECT:

pastor chris okotie will be the only answer and as long as we dont put him there its our loss not his, am watching and i want people to prove me wrong ,some one tell me why he cant be president
we cant afford the risk of putting someone who hasnt tasted governance. we need to get it straight right. no experiment at this stage of the nation

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Can Arunma Oteh Arrest Ndidi Onyiuke 4 Corruption & Sleeping With Obj For Favor? / Northern Group Disowns Saraki / Buhari-bakare-change - The 666 Connection

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.