Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,335 members, 7,829,851 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 12:38 PM

Why You Should Attend A Private School - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Why You Should Attend A Private School (13476 Views)

Beautiful South African Lady Celebrates Herself As She Became A Private Pilot / The Agony Of Private School Teachers / 5 Reasons You Shouldn't Attend A Private University (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why You Should Attend A Private School by Bloggz74(m): 6:29am On Apr 28, 2016
Standing5:
i quoted u just to have lies in record. Please stop going so low.

Its obvious where u r coming from and am not surprised. One major trait of private institution students is when doubting you when you say what goes in in the society simply cos they ddnt withness it in school.

They will argue blocking in schools
Sexual harrasement they will say u lied
Lecturers selling scores theysay u lied
Lecturers delebrately not marking your sheet they say its not possible
She grauated with SSCE statement not certificate he argues

These are the major reasons they are not good leaders in the society cos "they don't believe our stories"

Keep doubting bro
Re: Why You Should Attend A Private School by Tobbey(m): 6:41am On Apr 28, 2016
Cholls:
my brother laye! laye!!.......see what they served me in one of the private university.

Just guess the school..........

KILL ME IF THIS IS NOT BABCOCK UNIVERSITY lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Why You Should Attend A Private School by Nobody: 7:45am On Apr 28, 2016
Cholls:
my brother laye! laye!!.......see what they served me in one of the private university.

Just guess the school..........
Lol that's my school Babcock I know that spaghetti anywhere grin
Re: Why You Should Attend A Private School by Smellymouth: 8:18am On Apr 28, 2016
MadCow1:
These is no such thing as a good reason to attend any Private University in Nigeria..

Madonna University = Shiit..

Covenant University = Shiit..

UNIBEN = Shiit..

e.t.c.

If you did not attend UNILAG, OAU, UNN or ABU then I'm sorry you are not qualified to be called a Graduate. angry

Uniben shiit? grin cheesy

1 Like

Re: Why You Should Attend A Private School by semoly(m): 11:20am On Apr 28, 2016
Wahalaboy:
Here are some reasons to attend a private university

1. A definite graduation date:

Unlike public institutions which are prone to strikes, in a private university there's no possibility of a strike. Atleast 6 government universities have currently been shut down in Nigeria right now. University of Ibadan, UNILAG, UNIPORT, AAU, KSU etc are currently shut down. This will lengthen the duration of time you are to spend on a program. Crime rate by students of these institutions have increased because they are now idle.

2. It's safer:
No cult clashes, no protests. You won't live in fear of some cult members or students vandalizing properties in the name of protests. One of the biggest undoings of public universities is Cultism... Which has claimed the lives of thousands of innocent people and cult members respectively. However, students in private universities are safe from the fear of a cult attack.

Protests are also very violent these days. Just the way it happened in UNILAG and UNIPORT where lots of properties were destroyed and some lives were in fact lost, in a private school there's no chance for that.

3. A faster syllabus:

It takes just about 4 years to complete a 5 year program in private schools. However public schools have a slower academic calendar. Even without the strikes, the calendar of a private school is usually faster than that of a public school.

4. A more concentrated learning process:

In private schools, special attention is given to every student of the school. The lecturers all have a duty to pay special attention to each and everyone of the student and put them through their lacks. This way your flaw is easily detected and will be dealt with appropriately. However in public schools especially with the size and population, it is impossible for this to happen. The school have almost no personal relationship with the students and they are not aware of any personal psychological needs of the students.

5. Better welfare:

The individual welfare of the students are catered for. The accommodation is way better than you get in hostels of public schools. Most times they have no light or water problems. The condition of their hostels and classes is way better too. Even in general courses you won't see them running to catch sits because everyone gets to sit down comfortable. With the welfare learning is made a lot easier because you will be less strained.

6. Better Moral Training :

The university is the melting point of all moral standards. There's no form of anti-moral behaviour you wouldn't find in a university. However, private universities, with their very strict enforcement of moral values, have reduced the decay in moral values by far.

Have you been to FUTMinna
Re: Why You Should Attend A Private School by murmee: 4:46pm On Apr 28, 2016
MadCow1:
These is no such thing as a good reason to attend any Private University in Nigeria..

Madonna University = Shiit..

Covenant University = Shiit..

UNIBEN = Shiit..

e.t.c.

If you did not attend UNILAG, OAU, UNN or ABU then I'm sorry you are not qualified to be called a Graduate. angry
You omitted U.I. The first and the greatest. Why?
Re: Why You Should Attend A Private School by MadCow1: 4:50pm On Apr 28, 2016
murmee:
You omitted U.I. The first and the greatest. Why?

Nothing Good ever happens in Ibadan..

Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Why You Should Attend A Private School by Nobody: 1:15pm On Apr 07, 2017
Ayodeleo3:
Please can anybody answer this simple questions:
1. How many VC of the so called private school are graduate of a private University.
2. Can any graduate or undergraduate of a private uni in Nigeria with all sincerity that almost all dere lecturers are not either doing there sabbatical leave in there school or teaching dem from a public Nigeria university.
3. How many private university graduate are marketable of not bcs dere parent are rich or know someone at d top and find a way for dere son.
4. How many private university in Nigeria make Nigeria top 10 or Africa top 20 or world top 1000.
5. We hear story and news about how guys break records, how many private university graduate has made names for themselves in Nigeria today.
6. How many competitions or quiz or exposition has a private uni student perform beta dan those from the public uni.
7. What's the percentage ratio of a private uni graduate getting a work than their counterpart from public uni.
Please honest answers, not rants or an uncivilised answers.
Well the VC of Covenant university graduated from MIT which is a Private university. Most newer lecturers in CU are also graduates of CU whom have gone to acquire their PG degrees in foreign schools.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Lagos Schools To Resume 4th January, 2022 For 2nd Term Of 2021/2022 Session / OFFICIAL: UNIZIK POST UME 2010/2011 DATE & PAST QUESTIONS AVAILABLE. / Apply For Scholarships Overseas 2016/2017

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.