Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,669 members, 7,820,349 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:24 PM

University Of Ibadan Students Cook Outside School Gate Following School Closure - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / University Of Ibadan Students Cook Outside School Gate Following School Closure (40288 Views)

UNIZIK SUG President, Others Beat Up Security Man For Locking School Gate(photo) / Fetish Items Found In Front Of MAPOLY School Gate As Lecturers Protest. Photos / University Of Ibadan Students Protest Against Management Amid Heavy Security (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: University Of Ibadan Students Cook Outside School Gate Following School Closure by Nobody: 6:34pm On Apr 27, 2016
I LOVE UI
Re: University Of Ibadan Students Cook Outside School Gate Following School Closure by Nobody: 6:35pm On Apr 27, 2016
treasuregr8:

What is this one saying?
i tire oh SMH
Re: University Of Ibadan Students Cook Outside School Gate Following School Closure by Halivy(m): 6:35pm On Apr 27, 2016
This is what I luv my UNILORIN for. No form of distraction, no form of protest that can lead to unwarranted consequence. We still remain the best #BetterByFar
Re: University Of Ibadan Students Cook Outside School Gate Following School Closure by Nobody: 6:38pm On Apr 27, 2016
A usual practice during my undergraduate days in OAU...I never joined any protests sha
Re: University Of Ibadan Students Cook Outside School Gate Following School Closure by Dainikel(m): 6:52pm On Apr 27, 2016
First it was FUNAAB with security issues, then UNILAG, UNIPORT, AAUA now UI...who's next?
But I'm feeling this peeps jawe!
Re: University Of Ibadan Students Cook Outside School Gate Following School Closure by Mbediogu(m): 6:55pm On Apr 27, 2016
Go means go. When you go off hand and force the VC to call in the Police, anything can happen. Please go back to your families. They love you. The closure is temporary. Learn to discuss and also get influential people to speak for you. The rustification of a 5th year chap will not stand if it was unjustly done. No Policeman has ever been punished for killing mobsters rather they get transferred with promotion. A word is enough for the wise.
Re: University Of Ibadan Students Cook Outside School Gate Following School Closure by edudguy(m): 7:00pm On Apr 27, 2016
See as everybody gather the food and the food no many

1 Like

Re: University Of Ibadan Students Cook Outside School Gate Following School Closure by Mbediogu(m): 7:06pm On Apr 27, 2016
Flexherbal:
When will things normalise again in Nigeria?
Was this how it was in the 60s?

No though I passed through the system much later. Students of the 60s were more fiery because of fight for independence and the prospects of a new nation. The law agents then were more British than Nigerian. Students also respected themselves and were also respected by all including the politicians and colonial masters. As u know non of these applies as at today and there can be no basis for comparison.
Re: University Of Ibadan Students Cook Outside School Gate Following School Closure by guiddoti: 7:10pm On Apr 27, 2016
lillies:
stop copying OAU!
haha yu don turnitiiiin ni? watin con b plagiarism %
Re: University Of Ibadan Students Cook Outside School Gate Following School Closure by CioAngels(f): 7:11pm On Apr 27, 2016
Flexherbal:
When will things normalise again in Nigeria?
Was this how it was in the 60s?
No, not at all.
Re: University Of Ibadan Students Cook Outside School Gate Following School Closure by guiddoti: 7:13pm On Apr 27, 2016
nma24:
A usual practice during my undergraduate days in OAU...I never joined any protests sha
huh okay
Re: University Of Ibadan Students Cook Outside School Gate Following School Closure by iniobong1616: 7:22pm On Apr 27, 2016
neonly:
I blame Buhari for dis

Ode, hw is Buhari d cause of it, oya explain.
Re: University Of Ibadan Students Cook Outside School Gate Following School Closure by Cetona(f): 7:36pm On Apr 27, 2016
Quakertellicus1:

Back in the 60's fewer students went to university, and as such funding was much easier.

Not now where there are far too many students , and the cash is so limited.
God bless you for this comment. That is what people don't get. They pay for concoction rice and expect fried rice and chicken instead. If they want to enjoy 24hours light and water, why not go to Convenat University, better still, go to Harvard or Cambridge. As if those ones don't pay a whole lot for what they are enjoying, mtchhhwww.

As if the light situation in our houses is any better.

2 Likes

Re: University Of Ibadan Students Cook Outside School Gate Following School Closure by Missmossy(f): 7:47pm On Apr 27, 2016
So many issues lately with federal universities, the educational section is dwindling every day. So pathetic.
Re: University Of Ibadan Students Cook Outside School Gate Following School Closure by Aubrey1(m): 7:47pm On Apr 27, 2016
Evil Pot of Failure
Re: University Of Ibadan Students Cook Outside School Gate Following School Closure by bigdot1759(m): 7:48pm On Apr 27, 2016
omusiliyu:
From UNILAG to UNIPORT to AAUA and now UI...

Babu must be blamed for this. When he failed to sit at home and address this students problem.
na him dey fire students from school abi na bi VC trash
Re: University Of Ibadan Students Cook Outside School Gate Following School Closure by Fynestboi: 8:33pm On Apr 27, 2016
University of Ibadan seriously need to deliver themselves from the tyrannic disposition of the NEW VC, the UI i know seldom go on strike, but with this new VC i see a replica of OAU VC (OMOLE) The earlier the better for them.

1 Like

Re: University Of Ibadan Students Cook Outside School Gate Following School Closure by crowniran(m): 8:44pm On Apr 27, 2016
nice movement, but d fact is the skul has been shut down, if u like cook beans inside Senate building, nobody go force u guys to later go home...go to ur homes
Re: University Of Ibadan Students Cook Outside School Gate Following School Closure by Pulcherdee(f): 8:58pm On Apr 27, 2016
faithesco:
Choi,dis is really pathetic,and 2 think dese are university undergraduates and our leaders of 2moro and they are all behaving like lunatics#pissed

What do you mean lunatics? The students are fighting for a just cause you are speaking grammar. Get off your high horse biko. These same lecturers fought for free Turkey during their time and nobody called them lunatics, but these guys are asking for welfare upgrade, water and light, which is more important to their studies. Next time get your facts straight before condemning ppl's actions.

1 Like

Re: University Of Ibadan Students Cook Outside School Gate Following School Closure by faithesco(f): 9:02pm On Apr 27, 2016
Pulcherdee:

What do you mean lunatics? The students are fighting for a just cause you are speaking grammar. Get off your high horse biko. These same lecturers fought for free Turkey during their time and nobody called them lunatics, but these guys are asking for welfare upgrade, water and light, which is more important to their studies. Next time get your facts straight before condemning ppl's actions.
sorry sir#nor vex
Re: University Of Ibadan Students Cook Outside School Gate Following School Closure by Pulcherdee(f): 9:04pm On Apr 27, 2016
Cetona:

God bless you for this comment. That is what people don't get. They pay for concoction rice and expect fried rice and chicken instead. If they want to enjoy 24hours light and water, why not go to Convenat University, better still, go to Harvard or Cambridge. As if those ones don't pay a whole lot for what they are enjoying, mtchhhwww.

As if the light situation in our houses is any better.

Actually no, they are not asking for 24 hours light. They are asking for reasonable light. If you don't have light in your house for two weeks and u also don't have gen, you would also complain. This is a school, they have to do assignments, which they browse for using fones and laptops they need to charge. So if you don't know what they are fighting for, then don't try to rubbish it.

1 Like

Re: University Of Ibadan Students Cook Outside School Gate Following School Closure by hyperflex(m): 9:16pm On Apr 27, 2016
Na school closure dey trend now abi?? OSU where una dey o?! Una no dey Carry last for this kain thing. Lol. Heard the new VC is no nonsense so we thank God. Wish he was there we for no use 6 yrs do 4 year course
Re: University Of Ibadan Students Cook Outside School Gate Following School Closure by Nobody: 9:24pm On Apr 27, 2016
Dirty Yoruba people lipsrsealed
Re: University Of Ibadan Students Cook Outside School Gate Following School Closure by SimpleBea(m): 9:25pm On Apr 27, 2016
What is this one saying?
You mean they should not protest for their rights.
Join #mote movements.
#iammote
#youaremote
#wearemote
faithesco:
Choi,dis is really pathetic,and 2 think dese are university undergraduates and our leaders of 2moro and they are all behaving like lunatics#pissed

1 Like

Re: University Of Ibadan Students Cook Outside School Gate Following School Closure by SimpleBea(m): 9:28pm On Apr 27, 2016
Neat igbo/hausa people. FYI. #mote is not a yoruba. grin grin grin
jeytee:
Dirty Yoruba people lipsrsealed
Re: University Of Ibadan Students Cook Outside School Gate Following School Closure by ishowdotgmail(m): 9:29pm On Apr 27, 2016
Lol this protest was fun......

We locked every damn individuals outside, even the lecturers can move out either

But this man gat me cracked up grin grin grin

Cos I don't know what he's looking for oooooooooo

#repFIRSTandBEST #premierVARSITY

Re: University Of Ibadan Students Cook Outside School Gate Following School Closure by Nobody: 9:35pm On Apr 27, 2016
SimpleBea:
Neat igbo/hausa people.
FYI. #mote is not a yoruba.
grin grin grin

Lol...just look at the foam that one wants to eat on...imagining the grains of sand on it gives me the creeps
Re: University Of Ibadan Students Cook Outside School Gate Following School Closure by SimpleBea(m): 9:39pm On Apr 27, 2016
Thats student for you.
jeytee:

Lol...just look at the foam that one wants to eat on...imagining the grains of sand on it gives me the creeps
Re: University Of Ibadan Students Cook Outside School Gate Following School Closure by Nobody: 10:05pm On Apr 27, 2016
Meanwhile, one idiottt somewhere is thinking of posting "I Stand With Buhari". Change, my foot!
Re: University Of Ibadan Students Cook Outside School Gate Following School Closure by Adeyinka1758(m): 10:44pm On Apr 27, 2016
Dainikel:
First it was FUNAAB with security issues, then UNILAG, UNIPORT, AAUA now UI...who's next?
But I'm feeling this peeps jawe!
LAUTECH

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Imo State University (IMSU) 2012/2013 Admissions & Post Ume Thread / FG Dumps 9-3-4 For 1-6-3-3-4 Educational Structure / David Adeyemi Is First African World Student Organisation Appointee

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.