Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,746 members, 7,817,059 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:03 AM

9 Signs You Are Forcing Yourself To Love Him - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / 9 Signs You Are Forcing Yourself To Love Him (3304 Views)

6 Reasons You Are Forcing Yourself On Him / My Parents Are Forcing Me Into Marriage / I Love Him But He's A Barber (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

9 Signs You Are Forcing Yourself To Love Him by Riwo11(f): 6:00pm On Apr 27, 2016
The fear of loneliness makes many people force themselves date and marry someone they do not like. Girls give up on their dreams, feelings and desires just to be in relationships. They do not care whether he is a lazy drinker or an abuser. The only thing that matters is that they are not lonely. If you feel like you are with a wrong person, you may be forcing yourself to love him.

1. You find excuses to break plans with him
Be it a weekend gateway or a romantic dinner, you always have tons of excuses running through your head. You try to come up with the best one to stay home and watch your favorite show or spend the whole evening with your beloved pet. When you have no excuses, you force yourself to believe you are absolutely happy with him. Are you?

2. You keep convincing yourself you love him
As someone who had been dating a wrong guy for 2 years, I know how it is easy to trick yourself into thinking you love him. Every day you try to remind yourself of his best traits and every night you convince yourself you want him, and then end up crying in the bathroom and moaning about how unhappy you are. When you love someone, you do not look for reasons and good traits, you just love him the way he is.

3. You ignore his texts and calls
When he texts and calls you, you get irritated, and you either ignore or snap at him. Your excuse is that you are busy. Now take a few seconds to answer the question: “Can you be too busy for love?” When you love him, you want to hear his voice, and you are happy to receive his emails and texts.

4. You want him to break up with you
Often, you think you would be happy if he broke up with you. You do things that you think will make him hate you and run away from you. But instead, he starts loving you even more. You feel guilty and continue forcing yourself to stay with him.

5. Sleeping with him is like a punishment
Whether you live together or not, you stop enjoying nights because you know that you have to sleep with him every day or every now and then. You stay up late pretending you must accomplish a project, or you lie about your friend’s depression and that she needs you tonight. Sex is a crucial part of a relationship, if you avoid it, maybe you are with a wrong person.

6. You do not know him well
It is not because he tells you nothing about himself. It is because you are not interested in learning more about him. When your mom or friend asks you about him, all you can say is that he is great, cool or fun, and that’s it.

7. You see no future with him
You two have been together for a while and have probably discussed some future plans, yet when you think about your own future, you do not see him in it. ‘Fake it till you make it’ is your only hope right now.

8. You hate his gifts
Be it a diamond ring or a cheap book, you do not like to receive any gifts from him. You smile and shows how happy you are, but deep inside you feel guilty. He spends his hard-earned money on you, and you are so ungrateful. The worst thing is that you do not want to buy anything for him.

9. One moment you feel happy, the next moment you feel miserable
When you are fed up, you feel depressed and lost. But then you convince yourself that you have a partner so you have to feel happy because there are so many girls who are single and miserable. In reality, some single girls are a lot happier than you.
Rather than force yourself to love him, overcome your fear of loneliness, focus on yourself and keep searching your soulmate. You will never become happy with someone you do not like, no matter how good they are. Make happiness a priority. The last thing you want to regret in your 50s is spending your life with a wrong person. Think about it, if you relate to most of these signs.

1 Like

Re: 9 Signs You Are Forcing Yourself To Love Him by Nobody: 6:07pm On Apr 27, 2016
I wonder why they won't get the hint and take a hike.
Re: 9 Signs You Are Forcing Yourself To Love Him by cr7lomo: 6:14pm On Apr 27, 2016
Only kids or girls that devil is using their destiny to play calo calo will agree with u

I see u want to fall in love with the guy that will treat you like trash...it amazes me when some girls think this way, and that why most women dump their God given husbands just because they were searching for love...find the man that loves u genuinely and stick with him because u will be happy and fulfilled in the end, the beginning might not be what u want , but the end will certainly be

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 9 Signs You Are Forcing Yourself To Love Him by Nobody: 6:16pm On Apr 27, 2016
Forget o some people are masochists.
Re: 9 Signs You Are Forcing Yourself To Love Him by Nobody: 6:19pm On Apr 27, 2016
cr7lomo:
Only kids or girls that devil is using their destiny to play calo calo will agree with u

I see u want to fall in love with the guy that will treat you like trash...it amazes me when some girls think this way, and that why most women dump their God given husbands just because they were searching for love...find the man that loves u genuinely and stick with him because u will be happy and fulfilled in the end, the beginning might not be what u want , but the end will certainly be

Story.

Hope you find the woman that loves you and marry her irrespective of physical disabilities, very low I Q, bad manners.

As long as she loves you the end will be great.
Re: 9 Signs You Are Forcing Yourself To Love Him by cr7lomo: 6:24pm On Apr 27, 2016
rubsaphy:

That might be the husband God gave u that u have instructed to take a hike.

I once dated a girl that loved me to the fullest many years ago, I dint love this girl but she insisted on being with be... We were just a month into the relationship, but at the same time, another guy was killing himself for her, but she gave the usual " I have tried to fall in love with him but I just can't" I told her that she must b foo.lish and if she knew was was good for her, she should accept the guy and kill all distractions including me because to find a guy to genuinely love u these days hard die. She listened to me and today , they are married with kids and the last time she saw me, she thanked me so much for aiding her in making the best decision of her life.

Most ladies just act like kids and they need reality advice to open their eyes

1 Like

Re: 9 Signs You Are Forcing Yourself To Love Him by cr7lomo: 6:26pm On Apr 27, 2016
Stupedinluv:

Story.

Hope you find the woman that loves you and marry her irrespective of physical disabilities, very low I Q, bad manners.

As long as she loves you the end will be great.

Did u even read thru the post...dating someone and not falling in love, and rejecting a toaster that u ain't just attracted to in any way are 2 different scenarios
Re: 9 Signs You Are Forcing Yourself To Love Him by Nobody: 6:31pm On Apr 27, 2016
cr7lomo:

That might be the husband God gave u that u have instructed to take a hike.

I once dated a girl that loved me to the fullest many years ago, I dint love this girl but she insisted on being with be... We were just a month into the relationship, but at the same time, another guy was killing himself for her, but she gave the usual " I have tried to fall in love with him but I just can't" I told her that she must b foo.lish and if she knew was was good for her, she should accept the guy and kill all distractions including me because to find a guy to genuinely love u these days hard die. She listened to me and today , they are married with kids and the last time she saw me, she thanked me so much for aiding her in making the best decision of her life.

Most ladies just act like kids and they need reality advice to open their eyes
ladies, we are naturally attracted to guys that are not attracted to us....
Re: 9 Signs You Are Forcing Yourself To Love Him by tosyne2much(m): 6:31pm On Apr 27, 2016
Spot on !!!

I dey come make I add my own cheesy
Re: 9 Signs You Are Forcing Yourself To Love Him by cr7lomo: 6:35pm On Apr 27, 2016
rubsaphy:

Only immature girls act that way...real women dont
Re: 9 Signs You Are Forcing Yourself To Love Him by Nobody: 6:39pm On Apr 27, 2016
cr7lomo:

Did u even read thru the post...dating someone and not falling in love, and rejecting a toaster that u aunt just attracted to in any way are 2 different scenarios
Okay i get now

But you love people because they meet your requirements. If she doesnt but loves you like mad. Following your "belief" you wont mind sticking to her. And damning your expectations/heart desires. Huh

After all it is hard finding men and women who love genuinely.

^^^^^ sorry to intrude, but why did you ask her to go with the guy that loved her? i was thinking you would thank heavens for bringing such a girl into your life.

Or is it another case of double standards?
Re: 9 Signs You Are Forcing Yourself To Love Him by Nobody: 6:41pm On Apr 27, 2016
cr7lomo:

Only immature girls act that way...real women dont
Well I can't speak for every lady, but for myself. I get intrigued and curious about a guy that pays me no attention...
Re: 9 Signs You Are Forcing Yourself To Love Him by Nobody: 6:42pm On Apr 27, 2016
rubsaphy:
some guys just don't care....
Re: 9 Signs You Are Forcing Yourself To Love Him by Nobody: 6:45pm On Apr 27, 2016
I absolutely agree with you op having been there myself. Really we can't help who our hearts choose to fall for. I finally realised I couldn't continue deceiving myself and him and had to walk away in the end
Re: 9 Signs You Are Forcing Yourself To Love Him by cr7lomo: 6:45pm On Apr 27, 2016
Stupedinluv:
Okay i get now

But you love people because they meet your requirements. If she doesnt but loves you like mad. Following your "belief" you wont mind sticking to her. And damning your expectations/heart desires. Huh
Re: 9 Signs You Are Forcing Yourself To Love Him by cr7lomo: 6:46pm On Apr 27, 2016
Stupedinluv:
Okay i get now

Sure y not, done that b4 and I fell in love with her after dating for some years because I decided to
Re: 9 Signs You Are Forcing Yourself To Love Him by cr7lomo: 6:49pm On Apr 27, 2016
Stupedinluv:
Okay i get now

After all it is hard finding men and women who love genuinely.

^^^^^ sorry to intrude, but why did you ask her to go with the guy that loved her? i was thinking you would thank heavens for bringing such a girl into your life.

Or is it another case of double standards?

I barely knew her , the other guy had been on her case for over a year... The guy got time for her and I dint... If the guy wasn't in the picture, I wud hv continued dating her and knacking for free
Re: 9 Signs You Are Forcing Yourself To Love Him by Nobody: 6:54pm On Apr 27, 2016
cr7lomo:

I barely knew her , the other guy had been on her case for over a year... The guy got time for her and I dint... If the guy wasn't in the picture, I wud hv continued dating her and knacking for free

Oh you are not different from the girls you are condemning then.
Yours maybe free knacking and theirs "gold digging"
Re: 9 Signs You Are Forcing Yourself To Love Him by cr7lomo: 6:55pm On Apr 27, 2016
skarlett:
I absolutely agree with you op having been there myself. Really we can't help who our hearts choose to fall for. I finally realised I couldn't continue deceiving myself and him and had to walk away in the end

Young girls are the ones that do these things and that's y they 4k u guys over...girls wud rather fall in loved with the man that treats them like hoes rather than the ones that treats them lil queens...aint that madness
Re: 9 Signs You Are Forcing Yourself To Love Him by cr7lomo: 6:58pm On Apr 27, 2016
Stupedinluv:

Oh you are not different from the girls you are condemning then.
Yours maybe free knacking and theirs "gold digging"

She was forcing herself on me...gold diggers with men wunt let the man go as long as the honey still flows...in my own case, tho it was free, I had to let her go because of the other guy that truly loved her
Re: 9 Signs You Are Forcing Yourself To Love Him by Nobody: 7:12pm On Apr 27, 2016
cr7lomo:

Young girls are the ones that do these things and that's y they 4k u guys over...girls wud rather fall in loved with the man that treats them like hoes rather than the ones that treats them lil queens...aint that madness

Nope, I strongly disagree. After I left him I met someone who showed me more care and affection and the good thing about it this time is, the feeling is mutual wink
Re: 9 Signs You Are Forcing Yourself To Love Him by Nobody: 7:13pm On Apr 27, 2016
cr7lomo:

She was forcing herself on me...gold diggers with men wunt let the man go as long as the honey still flows...in my own case, tho it was free, I had to let her go because of the other guy that truly loved her

Lol you are impossible.
Even when only very few guys will do same.
You still think women are the only ones who act "foolish"
Re: 9 Signs You Are Forcing Yourself To Love Him by afanide: 9:11pm On Apr 27, 2016
Somehow true....... undecided
Re: 9 Signs You Are Forcing Yourself To Love Him by cr7lomo: 10:07pm On Apr 27, 2016
skarlett:

Nope, I strongly disagree. After I left him I met someone who showed me more care and affection and the good thing about it this time is, the feeling is mutual wink

False...i don't agree with u, its certain the other guy dint show u enough love cos what cud b the difference in their actions...unless you are living in denial
Re: 9 Signs You Are Forcing Yourself To Love Him by Ifakiland(m): 10:31pm On Apr 27, 2016
rubsaphy:
shut up bish, don't say ladies, say you. not all gals are foolish, some actually know wat dey want. Later ull end up with a thug dat will beat u and post all men are d same. idiot.

1 Like

Re: 9 Signs You Are Forcing Yourself To Love Him by Nobody: 6:11am On Apr 28, 2016
Ifakiland:

shut up bish, don't say ladies, say you. not all gals are foolish, some actually know wat dey want. Later ull end up with a thug dat will beat u and post all men are d same. idiot.
Eyaa, did someone jus dump your lame azz?

(1) (Reply)

???why Do BROKE Guys Get Married.???.pic / Sorry For Calling You Guys Ugly / Photos Of The Woman Who Stuffed Peppers Into Her Husband's Sidechick's Vagina

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.