Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,017 members, 7,828,582 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 11:40 AM

The Woman Who Is Her Own Man Is Back!!! - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Woman Who Is Her Own Man Is Back!!! (1158 Views)

The Woman Caught Breastfeeding Man In Prison. / Short Story: The Man Is Coming / The Downfall Of A Man, Is Not The End Of His Life (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Woman Who Is Her Own Man Is Back!!! by Nobody: 10:32am On Apr 28, 2016
Visit www.aminatawastories.com for more beautiful stories.

You all remember Oluwatomisin, the woman who is determined to get married and proof friends and family wrong who that she's incapable of keeping a man. Well she's back and invites everyone to continue the search for a good man.

If you missed previous episodes of The Woman who Is Her Own Man, click here
http://www.aminatawastories.com/category/her-own-man/

New episode coming up later today.
Re: The Woman Who Is Her Own Man Is Back!!! by Nobody: 4:18pm On Apr 28, 2016
I ignored William’s calls and text messages. I don’t know who or what gave him the idea that he owned me; I do what I want when I want to do it. I must have appeared desperate to him but, as far I am concerned, his chapter in my life has ended and I’m back to where I started.

I finally agreed to take up Faridah’s custody case because Tade kept pestering me about it and I also felt guilty for ruining so many dinners. So, I have to see Dare’s smug face more times than I cared to.

I don’t know what caused his divorce; it was most probably Dare’s ‘bigger than life attitude’. What I know is that when it happened it was.....
Please continue here http://www.aminatawastories.com/2016/04/28/the-woman-who-is-her-own-man-7/
Re: The Woman Who Is Her Own Man Is Back!!! by Nobody: 6:48pm On May 03, 2016
I banged Dare’s gate so hard, I almost knocked it down. Maybe I was overreacting; maybe the note meant nothing. Maybe I was just reading meaning into a harmless note because Dare was had put into my head that William was dangerous. Whatever the reason was, I had to find out what Dare knew about William.

The gateman opened the gate sleepy eyed. It was in the middle of the night and I almost felt sorry for him, but I was too distraught to feel for him.

“Who be dat?” The gate man asked. That was a question he should have asked before he opened the gate. I made mental note to tell Dare to take his security seriously. I pushed past the still sleepy gateman and entered the compound.

“I want to see your Oga” I said impatiently.

“I no no say na you aunty” he said when his eyes finally cleared. “My Oga dey house but e day sleep- I didn’t let him finish as I marched to the front door and to the front door of Dare’s mansion and started banging it again. I didn’t even bother to use the bell.

A very irritated Dare opened the door in his pajamas pants and bare chiseled chest. I wondered how it was possible for someone to look so sexy from sleep. I shook my head, I should not be thinking of how sexy Dare looked. We broke up; we are over!

The irritation on his face gave way to surprise when he saw me at his door look disheveled. “What’s going on?” he asked. His voice was gruffly; a sign that he had been asleep. And somehow, I found that attractive as well; something was definitely wrong with me.

Dare’s gateman who was as confused as Dare tried to explain how I barged in but, Dare dismissed him and focused his stare on me. His anger had returned.

“Do you mind explaining what you are doing at my house at this hour?” He asked.

I didn’t answer; instead I shoved the note into his hands and watched as he tried to read under the dim security light in front of his house.

“If I can’t have you, no one will. You belong to me.” Dare read the note aloud. “What does this mean?” He asked.

“You tell me! That note was from William. You said he was dangerous, just how dangerous is he?” I asked angrily. I don’t why I was angry at Dare as if it was his fault that William was somehow stalking me.

“I think you should come inside...
Please continue at http://www.aminatawastories.com/2016/05/03/the-woman-who-is-her-own-man-8/
Re: The Woman Who Is Her Own Man Is Back!!! by Nobody: 11:59am On May 07, 2016
“So you are saying William dated Femi’s sister before?” I asked. Femi was an old friend of Dare I have not heard from in a while; I have even forgotten the guy existed, I didn’t particularly like him. But, Folasade, his sister who is a few years younger than me, is a cute darling.

“He did. And I think it was cozy and sweet between them for a while until we started seeing bruises on the on the poor girls face. It took a while, but she finally admitted that William was the cause of her injuries. Long story short, the guy is an obsessive bastard.” Dare said.

“Why didn’t you tell me this before?” I asked. I wasn’t exactly angry at him; I was too tired to be.

“We are not exactly talking buddies and you are a superwoman, I didn’t think he would try such nonsense with you.”

“Are you mocking me right now?”
Please continue here http://www.aminatawastories.com/2016/05/07/woman-who-is-her-own-man-9/
Re: The Woman Who Is Her Own Man Is Back!!! by Nobody: 8:32pm On May 11, 2016
I must admit that living with Dare was not as bad as I thought it would be in fact, it wasn’t bad at all. He was extremely polite which I found a little annoying. But, what else was I expecting? I kind of felt sorry for him that he married a drug addict and was now in a battle to keep his own daughter, life was unfair sometimes. We felt like a family, laughing and arguing and when his daughter was around I felt complete. But, I wasn’t supposed to feel complete; I was supposed to be uncomfortable. I should even miss my own space but I didn’t. I have only stayed in his house for a week and a half but it felt as if we’ve lived together all our lives. Something totally wrong was brewing in my mind and I had to stop it or I’ll find myself in a bigger trouble than I already am with William. Speaking of William, he hasn’t bothered me since I moved in with Dare. Maybe I overreacted after all.

“This one that you are making dinner I hope all is well?” Dare asked as he entered the kitchen looking like a Greek god who was trying to hide his identity in a mundane world by wearing a regular jean and t-shirt, it was just that nothing was ever ordinary for Dare.

“I just feel like it” I answered with a shrug as if I was unaffected by his presence. I closed the pot and looked up at him to find him staring at me intensely with an unreadable expression. “What?” I asked the awkwardness was bearing down on me.

“Why did we break up?” He asked. The suddenness of the question almost knocked me off my feet.

“What?” I asked like a fool.
Please continue here... http://www.aminatawastories.com/2016/05/11/the-woman-who-is-her-own-man-10/
Re: The Woman Who Is Her Own Man Is Back!!! by Nobody: 11:09am On May 20, 2016
Episode 11 is out now!!! Click the link below to read
http://www.aminatawastories.com/2016/05/20/the-woman-who-is-her-own-man-11/
Re: The Woman Who Is Her Own Man Is Back!!! by Nobody: 12:44pm On Jun 25, 2016
The silence in Dares car on our way back was heavy, Wasila had insisted on going to Dares house with us. Her reason was that she wanted to be close when next the kidnapper, I mean William called. But, we all knew her main reason was that she wanted to be part of the decision making process; she was wanted to make sure that Dare agreed to the exchange. It wasnt as if her presence would have made any difference to whatever was going on in Dares mind.

You know I have to go. I said as we got out of the car. He ignored me and dismissed his sleepy eyed gateman who was waiting in case he was still needed.

Its late; we need to get some sleep. Well talk about this tomorrow. He said as we entered his mansion.

Nobody is sleeping in this house, until we talk about my daughter Wasila said. We had both forgotten shed come home with us. The light came on automatically as we entered the living room.

You used to live here, so you know where the spare rooms are, pick whichever one you want and knock yourself out. He said as if she had had not spoken at all.

Shes right, we need to talk about this I said before he could walk away.

Fine, nobody is going anywhere; Im not doing any exchange. Are you happy now?

Then how do you intend to get our daughter back? Are you going to sacrifice our daughter for this slut?

I flinched at the rude word but this was not the time to pick up a fight. Shes right; you cant sacrifice your daughter for me. You said it yourself that William is very dangerous.

I am not sacrificing anyone; I will find a way to rescue my daughter. I have made my decision. I could tell he was very much stressed and he was on the verge of losing his temper. He was just as worried as we were, if not more. But he was being stubborn about it.

Its not your decision to make. Wasila said.

Yes it is, Faridah is my daughter and Tomi is my woman he snapped.

I am not your woman. I cut in and I could feel his hurt in the deepest part of my soul...

Please continue here http://www.aminatawastories.com/2016/06/25/the-woman-who-is-her-own-man-12-to-sacrifice-or-not-to-sacrifice/

(1) (Reply)

Adventures Of Ashikoben / A New Book: When Love Is Undefined / A Letter To Prof Chinua Achebe. ( Abeg Make Una Read Am Na )

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.