Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,507 members, 7,819,838 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:13 AM

If You Were The President How Would You End The Killings In Nigeria?? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / If You Were The President How Would You End The Killings In Nigeria?? (3177 Views)

"Buhari Has Been Depressed About All The Killings Happening''- Femi Adesina / Tunde Bakare Blasts DSS Over Fulani Herdsmen Killings In Benue / Nigerians Protest In UK Over Killings In Plateau By Fulani Herdsmen (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

If You Were The President How Would You End The Killings In Nigeria?? by selfdefence: 2:30pm On Apr 28, 2016
I read online on different sites ( e.g www.naij.com www.reddit.com www.bbs.tecno-mobile.com etc) about the killings in Nigeria and how things are going on. Then i realized its really getting serious.

However when you come here to NL you`ll see people calling names and raining insults on whoever without proffering solutions.

It then brings me to the question, if you were Nigeria`s president, how would you handle/manage/solve the killings by the fulani people. Also put into consideration the fact that the president (You) is also a fulani man.

If you won't put yourself in the President's shoes, imagine being his adviser. What would you advice??

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: If You Were The President How Would You End The Killings In Nigeria?? by faaz24: 2:37pm On Apr 28, 2016
Declare state of emergency on security and ensure speedy trials of criminals...capital punishment for offenders

2 Likes

Re: If You Were The President How Would You End The Killings In Nigeria?? by HERSLEY(f): 2:37pm On Apr 28, 2016
After embezzling, I would think of that

1 Like

Re: If You Were The President How Would You End The Killings In Nigeria?? by topradar4(f): 2:45pm On Apr 28, 2016
Give Special Grazing Path for cattle Rustlers, Toughen my resolve against their Violence.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Were The President How Would You End The Killings In Nigeria?? by 989900B: 3:10pm On Apr 28, 2016
They should purchase grazing fields for their herds (if you can afford to own 15 and above cattle @N120,000 each, you should be able to .afford an acre of land in the bush for N150-N250k and feed for your herd -- this is business, it's not like they're running subsistence farming or some charity . . . their principals are actually wealthy). See pig farmers.

If there are state gov'ts willing to provide for free -- their prerogative.

Nomadic herding should be ABSOLUTELY banned with serious consequences for violators -- this is 2016!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Were The President How Would You End The Killings In Nigeria?? by vani86: 3:14pm On Apr 28, 2016
nuke the fulanis
Re: If You Were The President How Would You End The Killings In Nigeria?? by Esotericbaby: 4:24pm On Apr 28, 2016
The best thing is to split up. Besides, I think we are too large to make up a nation.

4 Likes

Re: If You Were The President How Would You End The Killings In Nigeria?? by benigneOne(f): 4:25pm On Apr 28, 2016
The best should be to publicly execute criminals and perpetrators of crime and unrest. I guess others will learn.

Long live Nigeria
Re: If You Were The President How Would You End The Killings In Nigeria?? by Tizzie: 4:26pm On Apr 28, 2016
Dialogue is always a good place to start from, if only it would be done with truth and honesty.
Re: If You Were The President How Would You End The Killings In Nigeria?? by socialmediaman: 4:27pm On Apr 28, 2016
First of all, use emergency procedures to control the situation temporarily. Then, use Technology, funding and diplomacy to workout a long term solution. You need to understand the pattern and trend. First of all, draw a map of known grazing areas, identify and circle the areas with occurrence of violence over the past 5 years, Go into these areas and interview the community leaders, understand the history and get to the root of the matter. If possible, in places with high volatility or susceptibility, establish security patrols or close response security booths. People should be able to contact security operatives, lines must be open to take calls and people must be made aware of these hot lines. (911). Educate these herdsmen, tell them what they can and can't do, same for the community people. If you cannot protect people or their property against destruction, they usually take laws into their hands, and there comes a retaliation from the other side, this issue must be addressed.

Lastly, take statistics to know your progress level, this helps you to identify problems early and solve problems faster because history repeats itself, you should be able to predict it and Databases and statistics give you that power

My opinion...

1 Like

Re: If You Were The President How Would You End The Killings In Nigeria?? by senior123: 4:43pm On Apr 28, 2016
How is Herdsmen killing PMB's matter? What is his business with it. When these killings happened in the north the state police depts handled it. Why r u bringing the president into state affairs? Every state has a state police business with people who earn well over N2m annualy. Why r they getting paid? Mstweee. Drama....

If ur state police fail to do their jobs, ur people will be the victims of their incompetence. I reckon u demand ur state police handle this immediately and stop seeking for notice.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Were The President How Would You End The Killings In Nigeria?? by davo3286: 4:51pm On Apr 28, 2016
senior123:
How is Herdsmen killing PMB's matter? What is his business with it. When these killings happened in the north the state police depts handled it. Why r u bringing the president into state affairs? Every state has a state police business with people who earn well over N2m annualy. Why r they getting paid? Mstweee. Drama....

If ur state police fail to do their jobs, ur people will be the victims of their incompetence. I reckon u demand ur state police handle this immediately and stop seeking for notice.

State police? undecided Can somebody please wake this dude up and remind him that this is nigeria?! Do we have state police

1 Like

Re: If You Were The President How Would You End The Killings In Nigeria?? by socialmediaman: 5:00pm On Apr 28, 2016
senior123:

State police? Nigeria has only one Police, the Federal Police. The IG is the head of this police and the CPs are his subjects. These CPs are not under the absolute command of the state governors, rather the IGP who is appointed by the President.
Re: If You Were The President How Would You End The Killings In Nigeria?? by hakanai(m): 6:15pm On Apr 28, 2016
Personally i see it from 3 areas. Not just issue or herders but even any sort of bandit raid on communities.

Enable laws and quick Justice.
1. Clear cut laws to provide approval or demarcation for legitimate Grazing reserves for Nomads and arable areas for farmers.
2. Come up with modern ways to use land for mutual agricultural development for pastoral or arable farmers and host communities.
2. Enforce acceptable ways to seek proper redress in issues of confrontation or conflicts by using well establish institutions.
3. Ensure the Institutions tasked with the responsibility of the ensuring harmonious activities between the interested parties are up to the task. Fair,firm and Just.
4.Extension works,registered societies and government agencies most form a larger entity to discuss and disseminate information on the need to have mutual understanding and press home best practice to agricultural development without violence.
5. Campaigns most be done to counter the instigating information going round and reconciliations most be done swiftly to forestall further enmity.

Enforcement and community protection.
1. I will suggest putting in place a security response team, well equipped and ready to go with a maximum response time of 30mins. Units will have jurisdictions. Based on updated information they will monitor treats and be able to detail potential crisis area for adequate vigilance. I propose using the NSCDC & mobile police

2.We should engage the Mounted troop of the police and expand there numbers.They can begin patrols around farming areas and grazing routes. The mounted units can be kitted and will do better in very remote villages where the conflicts take place. Also it will extend security vigilance to the bushes where attacks could be planned or small quarrels will grow into conflicts.

3.The remote communities should atleast be allowed to bear arms legally.But,under proper supervision so as to provide community watch or protection in any case of big raids or attacks anywhere across the nation. The government can have a few policemen per community to enroll, train ,register,arm some folks with light-arms and work with them within the Laws of the nation. Also constant risk assessment be done,with the security team of the each community to identify areas of potential treats,issues,strength and weakness. Communities most be thought directly How to respond when under attack or incase of emergency.How to save themselves before help arrives.So the communities can put up some resistance or support each other before more government support arrives or re-enforcement

4. Intelligence and emergency contact centers for distress call should be established both ways.In the communities and at the emergency response centers.

5. Also people should be held accountable based on assigned jurisdictions.After any incidence it should be a norm to review and address the gaps that caused the security system to fail. Where the response is expected to be 30mins and you find out it took an 1hr some head(S) should roll. Any body tasked most be up and doing and routinely update the treats action.

I base my assumptions on possible treats from herdsmen and raiders(eg. local militias or BH)
Re: If You Were The President How Would You End The Killings In Nigeria?? by sureinfo: 6:22pm On Apr 28, 2016
Hmmmmm... This is gonna be fun. Let me spread my mat here.
cc lalasticlala , Seun, Mynd44 come and hear what our youths are suggesting

Even though the Op didn`t kill a snake, i think its worthy of you guys` comment. grin grin

1 Like

Re: If You Were The President How Would You End The Killings In Nigeria?? by Flashh: 6:24pm On Apr 28, 2016
Esotericbaby:
The best thing is to split up. Besides, I think we are too large to make up a nation.

Too large to make a nation? That isn't a valid reason to split.

Just tell us you want Biafra. Period! undecided

5 Likes

Re: If You Were The President How Would You End The Killings In Nigeria?? by Tattooboy: 6:26pm On Apr 28, 2016
HERSLEY:
abi na
Re: If You Were The President How Would You End The Killings In Nigeria?? by meccuno: 6:27pm On Apr 28, 2016
Resign
Re: If You Were The President How Would You End The Killings In Nigeria?? by sparkleboy(m): 9:49pm On Apr 28, 2016
HERSLEY:
Lol
You're so funny dear. And its so true
Re: If You Were The President How Would You End The Killings In Nigeria?? by sparkleboy(m): 9:55pm On Apr 28, 2016
topradar4:
Give Special Grazing Path for cattle Rustlers, Toughen my resolve against their Violence.
Lol
That's true when cattle rustlers finish stealing all their cows they'll all go extinct grin
Re: If You Were The President How Would You End The Killings In Nigeria?? by Gen23(m): 11:10pm On Apr 28, 2016
selfdefence:
I read online on different sites ( e.g www.naij.com www.reddit.com www.bbs.tecno-mobile.com etc) about the killings in Nigeria and how things are going on. Then i realized its really getting serious.

However when you come here to NL you`ll see people calling names and raining insults on whoever without proffering solutions.

It then brings me to the question, if you were Nigeria`s president, how would you handle/manage/solve the killings by the fulani people. Also put into consideration the fact that the president (You) is also a fulani man.

If you won't put yourself in the President's shoes, imagine being his adviser. What would you advice??
Re: If You Were The President How Would You End The Killings In Nigeria?? by oyinkinola: 11:17pm On Apr 28, 2016
selfdefence:

It then brings me to the question, [b]if you were Nigeria`s president, how would you handle/manage/solve the killings by the fulani people. Also put into consideration the fact that the president (You) is also a fulani man.

[b]op I respect your view peronnally, but it seems to me that all the useful advices and wisdoms are waste! millions of nigerian wisdoms waste at every centime, because no one listesten and nigerian belive they were crated to suffer, and that one day an angel will come fom sky to save them not human!Nigerian is o lucky to have buhari but we don't make use of his eforts!
when i here nigeria government would organise a a town hall meeting, i was very happy, but when i remnber how is nigerian i feel mad!
....infact is very simple to stop killing in nigeria, very, very simply! op let me giveyou somethng very important today!
*if you have problems and troubes that worries you, simply look back deeply, see where your accestors and your forefather come from, quickly retunt back to it you are safe!* that's my secret!

if nigerian, for once trust thier EMIR: OBA'S :OBI. given them the security issues! we've done, we will safe the life of so many people without speding penny!
the reason is that people were keeping distance with govenment daily, and the criminals have realise this, they terrorise you, and you harbour them! only the local admistrative ....EMIR; OBA; OBI can make things better!
for those who dream of regional police it's a joke it can never work!
if were to partispate in any town hall metting this would have been my suggestion to the government but can they listen?[/b]
Re: If You Were The President How Would You End The Killings In Nigeria?? by ki02020(m): 12:02am On Apr 29, 2016
All cattLe rustlers should go back to the north
Re: If You Were The President How Would You End The Killings In Nigeria?? by Sodebo: 12:05am On Apr 29, 2016
Mehn, so much to learn from here. *plugs phone to charger, opens a bottle of coke* Next advice please...
Re: If You Were The President How Would You End The Killings In Nigeria?? by Nobody: 12:55am On Apr 29, 2016
Esotericbaby:

undecidedUSA, Russia, China, Canada, Australia, Brazil, Kazakhstan, Greenland, Argentina, Algeria all larger than Nigeria and still one nation. Talk another thing abeg.

989900B:
They should purchase grazing fields for their herds (if you can afford to own 15 and above cattle @N120,000 each, you should be able to .afford an acre of land in the bush for N150-N250k and feed for your herd -- this is business, it's not like they're running subsistence farming or some charity . . . their principals are actually wealthy). See pig farmers.

If there are state gov'ts willing to provide for free -- their prerogative.

Nomadic herding should be ABSOLUTELY banned with serious consequences for violators -- this is 2016!

Exactly. That cattle trading is a business and should be run like one. This isnt the only part of the world where ppl rear cattle but in other places you wont see them moving about anyhow across major roads and grazing on people's lands. They should purchase fields for their animal farming & remit revenue to the government.

1 Like

Re: If You Were The President How Would You End The Killings In Nigeria?? by optional1(f): 1:17am On Apr 29, 2016
Alocate a grazing area 4 them, dy (d herdsmen) should no there boundaris if dy av cross it dy should b ban frm that area.

Best thing to do cage all them cattles d herdsmen should go out nd look 4 grasses 4 their cattle jst lyk in d east were u go out to look 4 grass nd food 4 ur goat or sheep or pig.
Re: If You Were The President How Would You End The Killings In Nigeria?? by Penaldo: 9:51am On Apr 29, 2016
I will shoot at sight...
Re: If You Were The President How Would You End The Killings In Nigeria?? by Penaldo: 9:52am On Apr 29, 2016
optional1:
Alocate a grazing area 4 them, dy (d herdsmen) should no there boundaris if dy av cross it dy should b ban frm that area.

Best thing to do cage all them cattles d herdsmen should go out nd look 4 grasses 4 their cattle jst lyk in d east were u go out to look 4 grass nd food 4 ur goat or sheep or pig.
What if they tresspass the set boundary?
Re: If You Were The President How Would You End The Killings In Nigeria?? by ibibiofirstlady(f): 9:59am On Apr 29, 2016
Penaldo:
I will shoot at sight...
Are you a human at all? How can you talk of shooting at sight?
Re: If You Were The President How Would You End The Killings In Nigeria?? by ibibiofirstlady(f): 9:59am On Apr 29, 2016
LightYearss:

undecidedUSA, Russia, China, Canada, Australia, Brazil, Kazakhstan, Greenland, Argentina, Algeria all larger than Nigeria and still one nation. Talk another thing abeg.

Exactly. That cattle trading is a business and should be run like one. This isnt the only part of the world where ppl rear cattle but in other places you wont see them moving about anyhow across major roads and grazing on people's lands. They should purchase fields for their animal farming & remit revenue to the government.
This is plausible solution to the problem
Re: If You Were The President How Would You End The Killings In Nigeria?? by Penaldo: 10:01am On Apr 29, 2016
ibibiofirstlady:
Are you a human at all? How can you talk of shooting at sight?
I'm not a human but a goat... These people don't deserve sympathy
Re: If You Were The President How Would You End The Killings In Nigeria?? by ibibiofirstlady(f): 10:02am On Apr 29, 2016
Penaldo:
I'm not a human but a goat... These people don't deserve sympathy
Killing them is never the solution

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How Much Are You Buying Cooking GAS Currently In Your Area? / If Fayose Refuses To Resign, Declare State Of Emergency-falana to Buhari / PDP Is Well Alive, Obasanjo Should Respect Himself

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.