Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,355 members, 7,836,455 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 08:08 AM

Demography Of Nigerian Yoruba Land - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Demography Of Nigerian Yoruba Land (1247 Views)

Role And History Of Past Aare Ona Kakanfo Of Yoruba Land / Nigerian Yoruba Man Running For Prime Minister In UK ??? Watch The Campaign / Warning!!biafra Property In Yoruba Land (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Demography Of Nigerian Yoruba Land by lawani: 2:36pm On Apr 28, 2016
I have the raw data of the number of students that registered for WAEC in each Nigerian state in 2014 and unlike most data being bandied about in Nigeria, that WAEC data is reliable.

The data shows that Lagos population is 36 percent of the rest of the Southwest, it also shows that the Yoruba areas of the Northcentral is up to 30 percent of Lagos population. I am using Lagos as a template because even the UN agrees that the population of Lagos is around 20 million people, so we can work with that. In 2014, the total number of SW WAEC registrants was 403367, Lagos was 146564 out of it. Kogi was 43015, Kwara 33645 and Niger like 55000. Inside all that, the Yoruba areas will be close to 50,000 in total making up more than 30 percent of the Lagos number.

So, the implication is that if Lagos is 20 million people in population as alleged, then the rest of the SW will be around 55 million and the Yoruba areas of the North Central will be like 7 million in population, totaling 82 million including Fon and Bariba areas.

The figures I used to arrive at the estimates are real WAEC figures and then a 20 million population figure was used for Lagos and from the Lagos figure as basis, I estimated figures for other states. For example, next state after Lagos is Kaduna with 100,362 students, showing that Lagos population is around 140 percent of Kaduna's which is second in Nigeria.

So armed with that estimate, one can say the Yoruba area of Nigeria is at least 80 million in population if Lagos is 20 million. Lagos is the most cosmopolitan of the cities and even that Lagos is over 60 percent Yoruba in population, I know this for a fact because I work in Multichoice and I write down the names of people who come to subscribe. So I can say metropolitan Lagos is at least 65 percent Yoruba people. Rural Lagos will be more. The remaining percentage will be shared between Igbos, Hausas, Benin, Calabar and etc, then non Africans. The two main groups being Igbos and Hausas and their population can be assumed equal while other Nigerians in Lagos may be like one quarter of the combined population of Igbos and Hausas in Lagos. I am not certain though. In other parts of the SW, we have a high number of Urhobo, Bariba, Ebira. The Urhobos farm palm oil plantations and they are established in many places like natives, the Ebira in Ekiti, Ondo, Osun, Oyo are natives and substantial in number as are the Bariba in Oyo and Kwara, then a large number of Bariba are doing security work in the SW on a part time basis. People do trust them with that. In the SW, it is often either you use the Bariba or the OPC for security. So in some instances it may be possible for these people to outnumber Igbos or Hausas in some communities.

So inside the 80 million people in Yoruba land, not more than 20 percent in total are Igbos and Hausas, probably ten to fifteen percent. If we use 15 percent, that will be like 12 million people which is a huge number and a large percentage of them are established here, they will never leave here, no matter what, were born here and are natural citizens.

Then we have Yoruba in other places. In Port Harcourt, Onitsha, Kaduna, Kano, Jos, Maiduguri, Katsina, Calabar, Enugu, Aba and etc. An Arab man from Maiduguri who sells livestock in Kara market once told me that the Yoruba outnumber Igbos in Maiduguri. I also believe Yoruba outnumber Igbos in Kaduna because I know many Yoruba who are party chairmen and political appointees in Kaduna. In the North generally, I believe Yoruba outnumber Igbos. The Muslims intermarry and mix freely with the Hausa and in places like Katsina and etc, many families are inlaws to the Yoruba. There are many quarters in Northern cities descended from Yoruba settlers, one person said to be descended from such a quarters in Kano is former Governor Kwankwanso. There is also Amos Adamu who is said to be from Ogbomosho originally, even President Babangida said to be from thesame place originally and etc. So anyhow you look at it, the Yoruba will outnumber Igbos in the North. Then the Yoruba in the South South and South east are in their millions, so add everything together and you might find that 12 million Igbos and Hausas are in Yoruba land while more Yorubas are in Hausa land and Igbo land consisting of pre Nigeria settlers and post Nigeria settlers. All still have the identities.

So people should sit up and break up the country for them to form new nations that will be militarized and well policed. Your people will no longer be killed anyhow since you will have your own army and police and territory under your control. Do not take what you have for granted. You have a homeland, go there, defend, secure it and make it prosperous. The Jews know what they went through before having a place to call home. If you do not value yours by making it sovereign and developing it, you may yet lose it.

May God assist us all.

REFERENCE

http://worldpopulationreview.com/wo...
Re: Demography Of Nigerian Yoruba Land by Babalegba(m): 2:52pm On Apr 28, 2016
What was that

1 Like

Re: Demography Of Nigerian Yoruba Land by vicadex07(m): 3:16pm On Apr 28, 2016
Though the statistics presented in this post might not be 100% accurate, i like the overall message posited by the op.

"To your tents o isreal"

1 Like

Re: Demography Of Nigerian Yoruba Land by LadyExcellency: 3:17pm On Apr 28, 2016
Your WAEC Stats is not applicable to population estimate.
Fulani herds-children don't register for WAEC and they are estimated to be 35,000,000

Kano State is 150% of Kaduna State in population.
Why Kaduna instead of Kano State?

Use your derivatives to arrive at the current population of each Nigerian State.
Re: Demography Of Nigerian Yoruba Land by Adebola02(m): 3:33pm On Apr 28, 2016
Good to know this fact, i also have a demography student in my room,they give fact and figure.
Re: Demography Of Nigerian Yoruba Land by lawani: 3:38pm On Apr 28, 2016
LadyExcellency:
Your WAEC Stats is not applicable to population estimate.
Fulani herds-children don't register for WAEC and they are estimated to be 35,000,000

Kano State is 150% of Kaduna State in population.
Why Kaduna instead of Kano State?

Use your derivatives to arrive at the current population of each Nigerian State.

Kano had 66000 registrants while Kaduna had over 100000. Both states have Almajiri and Almajiris are different from Fulani nomads. Then even in Yoruba land there are people who did not sit for WAEC, I have met a number of them. I believe Kaduna is more than Kano in population. if 30 percent of Children in Kano are Almajiri and we make allowance for that, then their registrants should have been 94000. Still less than Kaduna and Kaduna also have Almajiri. So anyhow you look at it, Kaduna is more than Kano.

Then why do you think the WAEC figures are not a good enough population indicator?
Re: Demography Of Nigerian Yoruba Land by LadyExcellency: 5:05pm On Apr 28, 2016
lawani:

Kano had 66000 registrants while Kaduna had over 100000. Both states have Almajiri and Almajiris are different from Fulani nomads. Then even in Yoruba land there are people who did not sit for WAEC, I have met a number of them. I believe Kaduna is more than Kano in population. if 30 percent of Children in Kano are Almajiri and we make allowance for that, then their registrants should have been 94000. Still less than Kaduna and Kaduna also have Almajiri. So anyhow you look at it, Kaduna is more than Kano.

Then why do you think the WAEC figures are not a good enough population indicator?

Kano State collected more permanent voters card than Lagos State hence using the number of registered voters will be more accurate than number of School leavers
Re: Demography Of Nigerian Yoruba Land by mensdept: 5:48pm On Apr 28, 2016
Learn to stop backstabbing each other and others in general
Learn to fight for your rights and develop like your mets in Asia and Europe.
Learn that Oduduwa Republic is and will be better for you than the Ni.gga Area zoo created for the benefit of Oyibo kids

2 Likes

Re: Demography Of Nigerian Yoruba Land by Pwayne2016(m): 5:55pm On Apr 28, 2016
Mr op Oga Lienus Asika
Land grabber
Re: Demography Of Nigerian Yoruba Land by raumdeuter: 5:59pm On Apr 28, 2016
WAEC registration figures might not be a very good population indicator as many who start primary 1 in the North less than 40% of them would make it to SS3

While in the South it might be over 75%

I agree with the overall message we need to break this shit up

1 Like

Re: Demography Of Nigerian Yoruba Land by lawani: 7:59pm On Apr 28, 2016
raumdeuter:
WAEC registration figures might not be a very good population indicator as many who start primary 1 in the North less than 40% of them would make it to SS3

While in the South it might be over 75%

I agree with the overall message we need to break this shit up

The figures for the NW are low because of that hence Kano had 66000 registrants when Oyo and Ogun had around 77,000 each but my estimates were for the SW using the widely agreed upon 20 million figure for Lagos. If I want to estimate for Almajiri regions, I may make a correction by upping the figures by at least 25 percent. Kano will be the main beneficiary of that but I believe my estimates are ok for the SW though we have people who did not make it to O level as well. I know many.

(1) (Reply)

Who Carries The PDP Umbrella... Cartoon Network Pic / How Federal Government Can Permanently Solve Niger Delta Problems / What To Know If EFCC Invites You For A Chat

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.