Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,500 members, 7,819,817 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:37 AM

Forex Policy:Virgin Atlantic Will Not Pull Out Of Nigeria - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Forex Policy:Virgin Atlantic Will Not Pull Out Of Nigeria (8456 Views)

Watch Japanese Police Officer On Bicycle Chase & Pull Over A Lamborghini Huracan / Virgin Atlantic Blocks Nigerians From Booking Flights Online / Foreign Airlines To Reduce Operations Over Forex Policy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Forex Policy:Virgin Atlantic Will Not Pull Out Of Nigeria by justicejay(m): 7:26am On Apr 29, 2016
Ty
Re: Forex Policy:Virgin Atlantic Will Not Pull Out Of Nigeria by Royals1st: 7:30am On Apr 29, 2016
Why can't nigeria Govt have nigeria airways back if we have our own plain it will still help the economy
Re: Forex Policy:Virgin Atlantic Will Not Pull Out Of Nigeria by nevilbot: 7:36am On Apr 29, 2016
olufrankfurt:
Iberia Airline is the worst Airline in the World. I flew it from Frankfurt to Nigeria two years ago and deceided never to repeat it again.
No value for my hard earning money, evethough i upgraded to Business class on my way back to Frankfurt. Let them go and try that services with Spanisch citizen.

Its like you are based in Frankfurt? Abeg link up with me cus I'm also based in Frankfurt. Won't be bad to meet another naija odua brother in a foreign land

1 Like

Re: Forex Policy:Virgin Atlantic Will Not Pull Out Of Nigeria by StoneLucifer: 7:41am On Apr 29, 2016
Sad about what? Onukwu is your middle name!!
Re: Forex Policy:Virgin Atlantic Will Not Pull Out Of Nigeria by TopHand: 7:47am On Apr 29, 2016
Autchman11:
As at when they were having free ride with forex, dollar exchange was at 165/$, but when it becomes restricted, it went up to 323/$.
Does it mean this move is actually crippling our economy whilst we are unaware?
Trying to make this economy a mono type is not ripe for us at this stage. My position.
No when dollar was 165 Naira crude oil was high naturally Nigeria was making alot of dollars hence, now crude is low therefore amount of dollars Nigeria is making is less.
Initailly I actually avocated the devaluation of Naira but the Egyptian situation changed my mind, the Egyptian followed IMF/World Bank recommedations and devalued thier currency and it made the situation worse.
My bro we r in this situation becos we did not save for a rainy day, we did not upgrade our infrastructure and we not diversify our economy.
Re: Forex Policy:Virgin Atlantic Will Not Pull Out Of Nigeria by Nobody: 7:57am On Apr 29, 2016
Whats the big deal , who really gains? Its the owners of these airlines that gain.

If those who are stealing our monies had the wisdom to invest part of it here, we would have standard airlines that can operate all over the world and still create jobs and business for the local economy and abroad.

Our sons and daughters who study aeronautical and pilot cant get jobs here because our people reject them for foreign pilots who aren't better qualified and yet cost more to recruit.

We need a rethink of mindset, we should start valuing our products thats what countries in the developed economies do, they value their own and only outsource jobs for economies of scale ( in other words for cheap labor)

Here in Nigeria we outsource jobs for dis economies of scale ( more expensive labor and cost) event though we have serious resource constraints. sad

1 Like

Re: Forex Policy:Virgin Atlantic Will Not Pull Out Of Nigeria by Chukzyfcb(m): 8:58am On Apr 29, 2016
Why will they leave when they know they have a huge demand that they can always exploit...
Take for example.
Virgin atlantic ticket lagos-london is 200,000 naira, this means its dollar equivalent at the official rate ($1 =197naira )is $1015.2.
Now since CBN don't have the dollars to give Virgin atlantic forcing them to visit Bureau de change. What do they do? Ans= Hike the fares! Since aboki dey sell dollar $1= 320.....it means $1015.2 *320 = 324,873 naira new fare.
So to cover up for CBN forex shortage, they increase their fare from 200,000 to 324,873naira to be able to buy forex @ BDC instead.....in the end na them go still gain! Customers lose by paying more!!!

Re: Forex Policy:Virgin Atlantic Will Not Pull Out Of Nigeria by johnsonsegxy: 10:36am On Apr 29, 2016
Miranda11:
THEY SHOULD BRING DOWN THEIR AIRFARES OOH VIRGIN ARE CHARGING $1661 PER WAY TRIP TO LONDON A RETURN IS $ 3322 AND BA IS OVER $4000 FOR RTN HABA !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#Crap!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Two Dead, 6 Injured In Petrol Tanker Fire In Awka / Yuletide: Peace Mass Transit Drivers Get Road Safety Refresher Training / Uk Visa Reference Number (urgent)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.