Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,818,004 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:30 AM

Official: PDP Zones Chairmanship To Northeast - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Official: PDP Zones Chairmanship To Northeast (19413 Views)

Who Is The Most Sellable Person In The South East If PDP Zones VP To Se? / PDP Chairmen In North Reject Zoning Of National Chairmanship To South-west / It's Official!!! PDP Won Osun Bye-election (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official: PDP Zones Chairmanship To Northeast by hmuhammad(m): 9:37am On Apr 29, 2016
Adaure4ever:
The South West should not feel cheated by the PDP zoning of its chairmanship to North East.
PDP gave them 8 solid years of Presidency under Obasanjo!
For me, PDP should zone the Senate Presidency to South South.
If PDP can woo someone like Kwankwaso with the 2019 ticket, he will pull great votes in the North together with Block SE+SS and Ekiti .
can kwankwaso stand buhari's popularity? Kwankwaso can't defeat buhari in kano state. Any northerner contesting against Buhari is killing his political career

1 Like

Re: Official: PDP Zones Chairmanship To Northeast by patpaul: 10:07am On Apr 29, 2016
Ryabcool:
[b] These people have just given APC the rocket launcher to blow them out of existence come 2019. How foolish can these people get? The SW PDP they just discarded now are those that managed to almost tie the votes GEJ got in 2015 with Buhari. Now that there won't be anybody to campaign for them here in the SW, what then is the point?

In 2019 when the election comes, let's break down how the public voting based on the mindset of each zone will be when a Northern Presidential aspirant comes forth from the PDP:

North; It is well known that no northern politician alive today can match the popularity of Buhari. So please tell me who in the pdp will have the liver and power to confront him in the North when votes and public charisma is involved? Buhari at worst will definitely score 75% of all the votes in the north. Meaning APC wins, PDP loses

South East; They have been clamoring for an Igbo presidency, and they heavily campaigned against the North during the last election. Will they suddenly turn around and start singing praises of another Northern candidate just because he's from the PDP? Bear in mind that the actions of the Fulani herds men of late does not favour anybody from the north in the SE. Though I predict a narrow win for the PDP, expect a very low turn out of voters because nobody would care about any of the APC and PDP candidates. While this is a win for the PDP, it might not be a win on the long run because overall numbers will matter.

South South; the general mindset is also going to go almost the same way of the South East, though there might be more voters turn out in favour of the PDP here. Overall, numbers will still not be enough to guarantee anything.

South West; Now this is going to be the funniest of all. PDP having just lost their political structure in the Southwest, who will campaign for them when the elections come? The public perception of PDP in the SW is at an all time low, and tonight has just made it even lower. Does anybody think Yoruba people will stand and watch some people from other zones come to tell them to vote for people who couldn't carry their indigent important politicians along when they were working the shenanigans of their political structure? Very laughable. With nobody of value to campaign for them, even KOWA will win more votes than PDP. APC will sweep almost all the votes here.

So in summary, I don't see how PDP hopes to make any serious impact in the next election. They have shot themselves in the foot and it will not heal in another 7 years to come. CONGRATS APC FOR WINNING THE NEXT ELECTION!

[/b] grin grin grin
You are very wrong! 2019 election will be payback time for BUHARI AND APC POLICIES, ESPECIALLY , THE POLITICS OF CORRUPTION FIGHT AND HERDSMEN INVASION.
It is only the unborn child that doesnt know that the fight against corruption is only to subdue and rubbish the opposition PDP. THE HERDSMEN INVASION and the lukewarm response by the APC'S FG WILL BOOMERANG against them in 2019. The major reason a state like Plateau could be wone by APC in 2015 was the poor inability of the PDP FG to stem the FULANI attacks in that state during thier rule. With the way the HAUSA/FULANI HERDSMAN are invading and killing people of every region now that thier Life patron is the President , do you think majority of the middle belt people will vote APC?
So in summary, the North vote will be divided almost equally amongst the two northern presidential candidates ; the S/E and S/S will be a no -go area for the APC WHILE the PDP will get one-third of the votes in the S/W. I leave you to decide the winner.
Re: Official: PDP Zones Chairmanship To Northeast by Ryabcool(m): 10:43am On Apr 29, 2016
hausameat:
I now believe that certainly, some pains can be more painful that some. This apc boy is more likely to commit suicide from the result of pdp convention.
if you can't counter with an intelligent argument, do your best to shut up. Your opinion isn't needed by me nor will it ever be.
Re: Official: PDP Zones Chairmanship To Northeast by Ryabcool(m): 10:50am On Apr 29, 2016
Eluwilussit:

You are smart. The North will get Chairman, Presidency and maybe bot chairman as well. The SW needs more attention, something like SP.The SE should provide VP. SS should get speaker. There should be some real effort at equity. Balance will be key.
you've hit the nail on the head. But let's be honest, promise of senate presidency won't be enough to cajole the SW heavyweights into giving 100% support. Getting that Senate Presidency is not totally assured as APC's failure to install their choice as Senate President has already demonstrated it last year. Plus let's keep in mind the fact that the opposition party might work against PDP's choice just like PDP did last year. So, I think the party needs to work more towards appeasing the Southwest with something more concrete before the elections. I hope you see my angle?
Re: Official: PDP Zones Chairmanship To Northeast by Ryabcool(m): 10:55am On Apr 29, 2016
patpaul:

You are very wrong! 2019 election will be payback time for BUHARI AND APC POLICIES, ESPECIALLY , THE POLITICS OF CORRUPTION FIGHT AND HERDSMEN INVASION.
It is only the unborn child that doesnt know that the fight against corruption is only to subdue and rubbish the opposition PDP. THE HERDSMEN INVASION and the lukewarm response by the APC'S FG WILL BOOMERANG against them in 2019. The major reason a state like Plateau could be wone by APC in 2015 was the poor inability of the PDP FG to stem the FULANI attacks in that state during thier rule. With the way the HAUSA/FULANI HERDSMAN are invading and killing people of every region now that thier Life patron is the President , do you think majority of the middle belt people will vote APC?
So in summary, the North vote will be divided almost equally amongst the two northern presidential candidates ; the S/E and S/S will be a no -go area for the APC WHILE the PDP will get one-third of the votes in the S/W. I leave you to decide the winner.
lol I repeat that no politician in the north can match Buhari. Your talk about middle belt splitting the northern votes into two is quite myopic to say the least, and with all due respect to your person. If your memory should serve you correctly, just the votes alone from Kano was enough to demolish the entire votes from the South East last year. So I don't see what impact Jos alone can make in the grand scheme for now. Plus keep in mind tht APC still has three years to bedazzle the entire country, with which we will get to see the implementation of this first budget. So my brother, leave that side. PDP can't do nada, and you have lost your Southwest votes for relegating them to the background of your leadership structure.
Re: Official: PDP Zones Chairmanship To Northeast by Ryabcool(m): 10:57am On Apr 29, 2016
wwwkaycom:
you forgot to state that the total number of registered voters in Kano is more than those in the entire SE combined, and in Kano, Buhari is king!
grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Official: PDP Zones Chairmanship To Northeast by eLcastro(m): 3:44pm On Apr 29, 2016
barcaboi:
but when GEJ was contesting, this sentiments didn’t aride
bro's nothin lyk sentiment here.,if at all there is one it's on the south...in the Nigeria it's north nd south politics we play.,in the pdp it's the same....south president,north chairmanship...vice versa.Nw south took it's 8yrz..den came the north.,unfortunately umar died...the ideal thin would've been afta GEJ 2yrz the north comeback nd do another 4yrs to complete their own...loosin 2yrz.,cuz that was nature...buh we knw 4 humans we r.,the north would've want a fresh 8yrz...so we cut a deal to continue 4yrs again..the rest is longstory...nw my point is if the south enjoyed 14yrz already wen election whr sure win 4 pdp.,why can't we support the north nw...the mater of SW,SE,SS in a no no to me..south is south..we alrdy had ours.,the SE region remain will get their turn wen it comes south again...why cuzin troubles.,yea the chairmanship should be south atleast i agree no debatin..buh the way things are the pdp nid the north bad nw.,so they should take the chairmanship too..as a mater of fact the south bin holdin the chairmanship 4 a year or mor nw..must we always win
Re: Official: PDP Zones Chairmanship To Northeast by barcaboi(m): 4:36pm On Apr 29, 2016
eLcastro:
bro's nothin lyk sentiment here.,if at all there is one it's on the south...in the Nigeria it's north nd south politics we play.,in the pdp it's the same....south president,north chairmanship...vice versa.Nw south took it's 8yrz..den came the north.,unfortunately umar died...the ideal thin would've been afta GEJ 2yrz the north comeback nd do another 4yrs to complete their own...loosin 2yrz.,cuz that was nature...buh we knw 4 humans we r.,the north would've want a fresh 8yrz...so we cut a deal to continue 4yrs again..the rest is longstory...nw my point is if the south enjoyed 14yrz already wen election whr sure win 4 pdp.,why can't we support the north nw...the mater of SW,SE,SS in a no no to me..south is south..we alrdy had ours.,the SE region remain will get their turn wen it comes south again...why cuzin troubles.,yea the chairmanship should be south atleast i agree no debatin..buh the way things are the pdp nid the north bad nw.,so they should take the chairmanship too..as a mater of fact the south bin holdin the chairmanship 4 a year or mor nw..must we always win
that's purely sentimental, u shdav at least honoured the zoning and told GEJ to back off when he recontested..it wldav bn ideal.....GeJ shdav used the 2yrs and allowed a northerner rule and btw PMB is from the north....PDP doesn't control Nigerians; PMB will use 4yrs if God says so and go for another term and probably an igbo man...so is PDP saying after PMB, north will rule another 8yrs?...
...and about chairmanship, SW hasn't bn given that post ever..are u saying SW is not a viable voting bloc...then go google how GEJ lost..u tnk SS, SE doesn't exist in ur dreams till u get into politics.....North has both Presidency and Chairmanship; GEJ had SS and SE bloc vote, if u don't believe in SE, SS, SW then why did GEJ lose?
Re: Official: PDP Zones Chairmanship To Northeast by eLcastro(m): 5:03pm On Apr 29, 2016
barcaboi:

that's purely sentimental, u shdav at least honoured the zoning and told GEJ to back off when he recontested..it wldav bn ideal.....GeJ shdav used the 2yrs and allowed a northerner rule and btw PMB is from the north....PDP doesn't control Nigerians; PMB will use 4yrs if God says so and go for another term and probably an igbo man...so is PDP saying after PMB, north will rule another 8yrs?...
...and about chairmanship, SW hasn't bn given that post ever..are u saying SW is not a viable voting bloc...then go google how GEJ lost..u tnk SS, SE doesn't exist in ur dreams till u get into politics.....North has both Presidency and Chairmanship; GEJ had SS and SE bloc vote, if u don't believe in SE, SS, SW then why did GEJ lose?
bros in life do u choose to move 4wards or kip cryin bouh the past.? I share in ur view of GEJ Wouldn't hav continue...but i will neva agree on the term of 6 geopolitical zones here.,the south is SW,SE,SS as such 1 represent all nd none is not or less important...right now the right thing is a north presidency/south vp...too sure the south vp gonna b SE as SS nd SW has ruled...cryin bouh SW hasn't had chairmanship b4 is irrelevant here cuz wen u want to win u use ur 1st 11 1st...itz nt bouh who has had more playin time or not...my point is ryt nw the SW in pdp is jus ekiti nd ondo.,nd datz lyk the 2 smallest...u want to giv dem chairmanship wat will dat. bring to the table..if it was evn lagos nd ogun i will hear u...nd 4 once can't people sacrifice.,tel me u haven't sacrifice b4.,anyway if u lyk it or nt 9ja politics is all north..so if u don't lobby the north will i wonder hw u will win maybe in ma drms
Re: Official: PDP Zones Chairmanship To Northeast by Eluwilussit(m): 5:45pm On Apr 29, 2016
Ryabcool:
you've hit the nail on the head. But let's be honest, promise of senate presidency won't be enough to cajole the SW heavyweights into giving 100% support. Getting that Senate Presidency is not totally assured as APC's failure to install their choice as Senate President has already demonstrated it last year. Plus let's keep in mind the fact that the opposition party might work against PDP's choice just like PDP did last year. So, I think the party needs to work more towards appeasing the Southwest with something more concrete before the elections. I hope you see my angle?

I agree with you 100%. The problem here is equity and balance. You can't give the SW the presidency or the VP. If pdp must woo the north, it had to give them presidency. The NE, in my opinion should get it. Anything less than VP to the SE will be day light robbery. That leaves the next big post: SP. Maybe the bot chairman, say.

In your estimation, what positions will appease the SW?
Re: Official: PDP Zones Chairmanship To Northeast by Ryabcool(m): 7:46pm On Apr 29, 2016
Eluwilussit:

I agree with you 100%. The problem here is equity and balance. You can't give the SW the presidency or the VP. If pdp must woo the north, it had to give them presidency. The NE, in my opinion should get it. Anything less than VP to the SE will be day light robbery. That leaves the next big post: SP. Maybe the bot chairman, say.

In your estimation, what positions will appease the SW?
[b] I totally support the South East getting Vice Presidency. It is long overdue and it should be used as preparation towards finally getting the Presidency.

Back to the South West, the only way I feel PDP can make do is to follow the exact same route Tinubu followed when he was the only man standing in the South West during his AD/AC days; which is performance. Truth be told, Fashola dwarfed Tinubu when it comes to achievements in Lagos, but Tinubu also shined during his Hay days. He was regarded as the most performing Governor in SW at the time, and his work in Lagos helped him garner enough goodwill to catch more states gradually. Yorubas loved him for performing(tho he also fed himself on the side) and wanted his influence in their states.

If only Fayose was a serious man, I would have suggested the party reach out to him to start making huge moves and begin capital intensive projects that will transform Ekiti state. If the PDP hierarchy can reach out to him to stop his noise making and get to work, then talk to the pdp local government chairmen in the Southwest to also begin to perform, believe me when I say the mindset of the Yorubas will begin to sway with or without the support of the SW political juggernauts that felt left out. Yorubas believe in performance and are rarely swayed by sentiments, it is well known. So why not utilize it?

SERIOUS Performance is the only way out for the PDP in the Southwest, and they had better begin now before it's too late [/b]

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official: PDP Zones Chairmanship To Northeast by barcaboi(m): 8:45pm On Apr 29, 2016
eLcastro:
bros in life do u choose to move 4wards or kip cryin bouh the past.? I share in ur view of GEJ Wouldn't hav continue...but i will neva agree on the term of 6 geopolitical zones here.,the south is SW,SE,SS as such 1 represent all nd none is not or less important...right now the right thing is a north presidency/south vp...too sure the south vp gonna b SE as SS nd SW has ruled...cryin bouh SW hasn't had chairmanship b4 is irrelevant here cuz wen u want to win u use ur 1st 11 1st...itz nt bouh who has had more playin time or not...my point is ryt nw the SW in pdp is jus ekiti nd ondo.,nd datz lyk the 2 smallest...u want to giv dem chairmanship wat will dat. bring to the table..if it was evn lagos nd ogun i will hear u...nd 4 once can't people sacrifice.,tel me u haven't sacrifice b4.,anyway if u lyk it or nt 9ja politics is all north..so if u don't lobby the north will i wonder hw u will win maybe in ma drms
don't get me wrong. .....I ain't in pdp and I don't even like dem.....but if u feel any northerner alive has more popularity than PMB den u re dreaming. ....SE will definitely deliver for pdp but if u marginalise SW again den uve lost the key area of ur joker.....so because dey have no presence in other SW states dey shd ignore abi?....ACN had only lagos 1 time remember now APC has 22 states....political calculation aint abt just ur normal maths....fingers crossed. ...take note of this page and when d time coms..God willing we'll talk about it again
Re: Official: PDP Zones Chairmanship To Northeast by eLcastro(m): 9:10pm On Apr 29, 2016
barcaboi:

don't get me wrong. .....I ain't in pdp and I don't even like dem.....but if u feel any northerner alive has more popularity than PMB den u re dreaming. ....SE will definitely deliver for pdp but if u marginalise SW again den uve lost the key area of ur joker.....so because dey have no presence in other SW states dey shd ignore abi?....ACN had only lagos 1 time remember now APC has 22 states....political calculation aint abt just ur normal maths....fingers crossed. ...take note of this page and when d time coms..God willing we'll talk about it again
nd guess wah.,dey sacrifice d presidency 4 dat..i don't c pdp winnin anyway nd i agree buhari has got the north 4 sure.,what am tellin u is ryt if u have SE,SS nd the north SW is negligible...or r u sayin SS nd SE shud neglect the north 4 SW to put up a gud fyt against d apc....u sound SW nd anti pdp 4 sure....cuz the best shot pdp has is still give north presidency nd chairmanship/SE vp....if SW don't lyk it apc is stl open 4 dem...
Re: Official: PDP Zones Chairmanship To Northeast by barcaboi(m): 9:23pm On Apr 29, 2016
eLcastro:
nd guess wah.,dey sacrifice d presidency 4 dat..i don't c pdp winnin anyway nd i agree buhari has got the north 4 sure.,what am tellin u is ryt if u have SE,SS nd the north SW is negligible...or r u sayin SS nd SE shud neglect the north 4 SW to put up a gud fyt against d apc....u sound SW nd anti pdp 4 sure....cuz the best shot pdp has is still give north presidency nd chairmanship/SE vp....if SW don't lyk it apc is stl open 4 dem...
I am definitely anti-pdp but objective.....dats dia best bet...my issue is d chairmanship. ....well its dia wahala. ..
Re: Official: PDP Zones Chairmanship To Northeast by Eluwilussit(m): 9:23pm On Apr 29, 2016
Ryabcool:
[b] I totally support the South East getting Vice Presidency. It is long overdue and it should be used as preparation towards finally getting the Presidency.

Back to the South West, the only way I feel PDP can make do is to follow the exact same route Tinubu followed when he was the only man standing in the South West during his AD/AC days; which is performance. Truth be told, Fashola dwarfed Tinubu when it comes to achievements in Lagos, but Tinubu also shined during his Hay days. He was regarded as the most performing Governor in SW at the time, and his work in Lagos helped him garner enough goodwill to catch more states gradually. Yorubas loved him for performing(tho he also fed himself on the side) and wanted his influence in their states.

If only Fayose was a serious man, I would have suggested the party reach out to him to start making huge moves and begin capital intensive projects that will transform Ekiti state. If the PDP hierarchy can reach out to him to stop his noise making and get to work, then talk to the pdp local government chairmen in the Southwest to also begin to perform, believe me when I say the mindset of the Yorubas will begin to sway with or without the support of the SW political juggernauts that felt left out. Yorubas believe in performance and are rarely swayed by sentiments, it is well known. So why not utilize it?

SERIOUS Performance is the only way out for the PDP in the Southwest, and they had better begin now before it's too late [/b]

I totally agree with your position. I believe that if pdp does well in all the pdp states, it might have a chance. I am not a member of any party but I believe in good governance. I will support anyone who performs.

Nigerians have suffered for too long. They need a little bit of care and peace. Ours has been a case of one bad government after another.

If APC performs, that will make it more difficult for pdp.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Atiku Abubakar Receives John Nnia Nwodo In Abuja (Photo) / How I Was Sacked & Dragged To Court Over Facebook Comment On Saraki - Teacher / Must The Next President Be A Northerner?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.