Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,510 members, 7,819,840 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:27 AM

Are Nigerian Pastors Deceiving Nigerians? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Are Nigerian Pastors Deceiving Nigerians? (9290 Views)

Photo: What A South African Said About Nigerian Pastors / Pope US Visit Proves Nigerian Pastors Wrong!!! / Nigerian Pastors Who Hate Themselves (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are Nigerian Pastors Deceiving Nigerians? by omoge(f): 12:13am On Jul 30, 2007
where is Obadare today? Just curious cuz haven't heard abt him in very long time.
Re: Are Nigerian Pastors Deceiving Nigerians? by 9ja4eva: 1:50am On Jul 30, 2007
Dts d guy of CAC
Re: Are Nigerian Pastors Deceiving Nigerians? by mazaje(m): 11:24am On Jul 30, 2007
Pastors are really decieving nigerians to the extent that sometimes you wonder if all the members of the congregation are under a spell, the last time i went to a church in nigeria,i was totally astonished, the pastor gave a very very strong message initially, at the end he dwelled on people's fears and insecurities and made sure he pushed his points really hard,telling the congregation of how God will take care of them and provide for them when they give qualitative offering unto him(offering time is blessing time you will always hear them say)  instead of telling them(congregation) to go and do legitimate busineses and struggle hard he was busy telling them of how he needed some money when he was in trouble sometime ago and he prayed to god, he said he quoted some bible verses and immediately he went out a not very close friend called him and gave him just the amount he  needed, every body went wild with the shouts of amen and what not, the funny thing is that, that is not the reality of most of the people in the congregation most of them pray for money but they never get any money to the extent that they resorted to going to church to hear calming messages that will soothe their batard financial lives.The church only serves as a solace but foolishly they keep going their and keep enriching these criminals that are very good with words.

The fact still remains that despite all the giving and scarifices people are doing their lives havent changed a bit, most of the folks i know back home are still the same each time i visit, their lives havent changed much despite all the endless offering they have been rendering to the churches they attend.people are still dying in poverty while the very clever pastors are getting richer than ever before, why all the lies ,facade and deciet?

I go to churches here and all you hear is a decent massege,they tell you what they feel is right and they never tell you that poverty is a sin the pastor will never tell you that giving unto the lord is a panacea for all your finalcial problems, they never will tell you that you should bring money before u will get blessings from the lord,infact they don't collect offerings they way we do it in nigeria, you just drop what you have in the offering box at the door which most of them don't do.At the end of it all they people here who mostly don't even believe in God and give much less to their churches live longer lives,are richer,healthier,more comfortable,have more disposable incomes, are more secured than the average nigerian that goes to church every day and enriches the very clever pastor in the name of giving to the lord. my people shine your eyes, why will a god refuse to or give very little give back to the people that are always giving(Nigerians) to him and continue to give abundantly to the people that don't even know him and are always giving less or nothing at all to him(finns)? They people here are far more blessed than the people in nigeria, why will god continue to bless them that don't even believe in him and refuse to bless us as a nation that very much believe in him?

Give and it will be given unto you they are always saying, most nigerians give and nothing is happening to the country as a whole ,the people here don't give and they always reap in tenfolds, as far as poverty exist their will always be the need for gods unless if the poor people will get some form of utopia here on earth.People shine your eyes its better to give to a hungry neighbour or a destitute on the street than to go and give your hard earned money to a criminal called a pastor.
Re: Are Nigerian Pastors Deceiving Nigerians? by GreatBen1(m): 2:05pm On Sep 12, 2007
Attention Mr joftech!!
You have written well by asking and saying and striving to know if Nigerian Pastors are deceiving Nigerians or Not!!
Well i will only urge you to hold on and take heed on your faith lest, you loose your own begatted faith!! Never-theless, I will also remind you that it will not be lawfull and encourraging! that you should contradict things of God and human!!! what do I mean? Yes becuase i over heared you on the early pages of your letter speaking and re-acting negetively---bringing spiritual issues into cognism with political matters (WHY?) Can God be limited to his powers? If God can not be limited! why dont you thain allow God who knows better thain you to parfect his good will and have his mighty wrath spread abroad upon those Shephereds' who you have already called by a dreafull nick names (MUSH-ROOM) servants that serve God under every uncompleted buildings?.

Please be carefull and mindfull when you are treating spiritual issues ok!! because it is not anticipations of the little babies! But something in collaborations with God and non ordinary human.
Governmental problems and miss-using of the Nigeria God gifted natural and minaral resources are bound to be handled by the poeple in authority and the masses which i beleaved that you are one of them, ! But on this !!Mr Joftech! I must not hesitate to ask you with kindness and not voilence! if you have been able to offer your best to people arround you, with your best and with your limited resourcess?.

I know for-sure that you must be a good advocate! Thus i would want you to do proceed forward and do more! but contracdict not the things of God with human.
Please be blessed with people all arround you
Amen.
Bye.
Re: Are Nigerian Pastors Deceiving Nigerians? by cgift(m): 7:08pm On Sep 13, 2007
mazaje:
Pastors are really decieving nigerians to the extent that sometimes you wonder if all the members of the congregation are under a spell, the last time i went to a church in nigeria,i was totally astonished, the pastor gave a very very strong message initially,

You sound just too funny and overtly mischievious with that comment. You do not use you myopic experience to judge a whole generation of people. If by chance you found yourself in a church pastored by a dubious fellow, do you now use that to castigate every other church or pastor!

mazaje:
at the end he dwelled on people's fears and insecurities and made sure he pushed his points really hard,telling the congregation of how God will take care of them and provide for them when they give qualitative offering unto him(offering time is blessing time you will always hear them say).

The fact that he dwelt on people's insecurities and fears is sad enough but th qurstion you should ask is this: why the need to fear? Why feel insecured? That is a very personal question. The fact that we are humans created by God and that thre is so much evil in the world, especially in our nation (Nigeria) whre there is so much insecurity of life and property due to the failure of our leadrs is enough to mak someon seek refuge in God who would guaranty these things.

What else do you need in a country where the sudden catches the police and othe agencies like Fire Service unawares? Would you not rather seek for divine protection so that when these events occur, you will be shielded from them hurting you or your loved ones. My Pastor for instance, wont do that, he would rather encourage or charge you to be strong in faith and know the WORD of God and its application to life's issues. It all boils down to the personality of the pastor. You can't fall into that trap of hasty generalisation.

Lastly, the people have refused to search the scriptures and grow themselves. If they grow up, they will soon discover that th pastor is not helping them and move out to a place where they will be fed with the raw word of God to face life's issues themselves so that they will not be frequently ripped off. Calls for money in the church will continue to be and you are not confined to hell if you do not give. No shackles have been placed on your neck dragging you forward to give.

mazaje:
instead of telling them(congregation) to go and do legitimate busineses and struggle hard he was busy telling them of how he needed some money when he was in trouble sometime ago and he prayed to god, he said he quoted some bible verses and immediately he went out a not very close friend called him and gave him just the amount he needed, every body went wild with the shouts of amen and what not,

Again, telling people a lifestory is only a kind of motivation. He was only trying to demonstrate that these things do work when practicalised in true faith and in accordance to the undiluted Word of God. Shouting means they probably got the message that God can minister to anybody and use him/her for you. I hope he was not telling them to do illegititmate businss anyway?

mazaje:
the funny thing is that, that is not the reality of most of the people in the congregation most of them pray for money but they never get any money to the extent that they resorted to going to church to hear calming messages that will soothe their batard financial lives.

That they pray for money and do not get is a wrong premise which might mean you are saying the man's teachings arent working for them. Getting money is tied to the law of sowing & receiving. If you do not work, you do not expect to get money. The primary antedote is work. When you work, you can then use the financial principles taught to sow and reap. Going to work is a form of sowing while your salary is a form of harvesting. The scripture says, for as the heavens and the earth remains, there shall not cease to be sowing and harvesting seasons (see Gen. 8:22).

Again, i can also see some twistings here. Going to church to hear calming mssages on their Financially batard lives? Makes me wonder the kind of church you are using as an example except you hav decided to just kill their reputation to justify your claims.

And concerning praying, i hope they are asking the right way and for the right purpose James 4:3 Ye ask, and receive not, because ye ask amiss, that ye may consume it upon your lusts.

mazaje:
The church only serves as a solace but foolishly they keep going their and keep enriching these criminals that are very good with words.

Your knowledge of what the church is is warped. Solace? Who says? The gathering (which you call church) is supposed to empower you with Knowledge and wisdom for living Jeremiah 3: 15 And I will give you pastors according to mine heart, which shall feed you with knowledge and understanding..

mazaje:
The fact still remains that despite all the giving and scarifices people are doing their lives havent changed a bit, most of the folks i know back home are still the same each time i visit, their lives havent changed much despite all the endless offering they have been rendering to the churches they attend.

I hope those your people you are reffering to have legitimate businesses. Then they should get out of that church and look for a living one.

mazaje:
people are still dying in poverty while the very clever pastors are getting richer than ever before, why all the lies ,facade and deciet?

Nobody is under compulsion to give out anything? When giving, you need to understand what [/b]to give, [b]how [/b]to give, [b]when [/b]to give and to [b]whom? All these things work togther. I suspect that your church seriously. These guides will always work when put to the test.

mazaje:
I go to churches here and all you hear is a decent massege,they tell you what they feel is right and they never tell you that poverty is a sin the pastor will never tell you that giving unto the lord is a panacea for all your finalcial problems, they never will tell you that you should bring money before u will get blessings from the lord, infact they don't collect offerings they way we do it in nigeria, you just drop what you have in the offering box at the door which most of them don't do.

The word of God works wonders everywhere whether home or abroad. Anybody not preaching th message of prosperity is not doing th congregation any good. He is depriving thm of the true blessings of God. Luke 6:38 Give, and it shall be given unto you; good measure, pressed down, and shaken together, and running over, shall men give into your bosom. For with the same measure that ye mete withal it shall be measured to you again.. If you are already rich, you can be richer if you apply the words of God.

Moreover, those in advanced economies are just living normal lives with good working conditions already delivered to them on a platter of gold. Their challenges are therefore not the very fundamentals that we are facing here.

mazaje:
At the end of it all they people here who mostly don't even believe in God and give much less to their churches live longer lives,are richer,healthier,more comfortable,have more disposable incomes, are more secured than the average nigerian that goes to church every day

They people here are far more blessed than the people in nigeria, why will god continue to bless them that don't even believe in him and refuse to bless us as a nation that very much believe in him?

God cannot be mocked. You just employ those financial principles and see whether you wont experience financial breakthroughs. It works for anybody. They are principles of life not limited to christains. Also, don't get confused while saying that he has refused to bless those who trust in Him. It is not a 'natin' thing but a 'personal' thing. However, if the nation shall also apply the principles very well, it will prosper. Righteousness exalts a nation, sin is a reproach to any people.

mazaje:
Give and it will be given unto you they are always saying, most nigerians give and nothing is happening to the country as a whole ,the people here don't give and they always reap in tenfolds, as far as poverty exist their will always be the need for gods unless if the poor people will get some form of utopia here on earth.People shine your eyes its better to give to a hungry neighbour or a destitute on the street than to go and give your hard earned money to a criminal called a pastor.

There is lucidly a very wide gap to be covered. The country will do well when leaders who fear the Lord mount the thrones. As an individual, you will do well if you fear the Lord and then follow the financial principles judiciously.[quote][/quote]
Re: Are Nigerian Pastors Deceiving Nigerians? by Backslider(m): 8:19pm On Sep 14, 2007
@ Mazaje

You are somewhat right but the fact is that it is not all the men of God are evil. There are Good Men of God to my great surprise in places you can never imagine.

I remember a prophet in the bible that thought he was the only that was left.
The bible says there shall be a remnant they be few but they shall perform exploits because the know their God.

Only Fear God and follow him follow no man only God. Trust no man except God.
Re: Are Nigerian Pastors Deceiving Nigerians? by ow11(m): 9:01pm On Sep 14, 2007
Pastors aren't deceiving Nigerians rather i'll say they are more concerned about their pockets.
If they condemn the government and all its participants from the federal to local government level, they are loosing some of their 'tithers' and such can't buy the jet or Escalade they need to intimidate their members.

yes this country can change if the masses take charge and demand we are treated rightly like the blacks in USA the poster talked about or much like the Ivorians, Georgians or even the French in the 18th century. Since the pastors have an audience already, the onus falls on them to lead the charge.

I hope they do so bc i believe we have prayed and need some action. Churches should condemn human rights abuse and not keep quiet bc silence in some cases can mean approval.
Re: Are Nigerian Pastors Deceiving Nigerians? by Backslider(m): 9:09pm On Sep 14, 2007
The pastors are supposed to be preaching Holiness Tithe or no tithe. because he said he will feed us like the Raven and the lily in the field.

We should preach the hardest messages and always include ourselves.

Preach the Judgment and the Mercy of God The Government and the least people.
Re: Are Nigerian Pastors Deceiving Nigerians? by Nobody: 10:12pm On Sep 14, 2007
grin grin please we don't need more pastors in the church instead we need the Holy Spirit to guide us and please don't judge anyone, God loves u
Re: Are Nigerian Pastors Deceiving Nigerians? by Prince22(m): 1:31am On Sep 15, 2007
lET US LEAVE JUDGEMENT TO GOD

EITHER THEY DECEIVED OR NOT, THAT SHOULD BE LEFT FOR THEM AND GOD
Re: Are Nigerian Pastors Deceiving Nigerians? by GreatBen1(m): 11:58am On Sep 21, 2007
Have you ever seen corruption b/4 MR mazaje!!??
Have you ever been to Cambodia before? Thailand…, Taiwan, South Easth Europe, Vietnan, China, even Philipine?? Countries where young boys of 16yrs to 35yrs have chosen to re-creat their-self’s from the original being! Surgicalizing out their man-hood from its original possition and creat a hole for a replacement like that of a woman!

And the surgicalizing machine will smote their waist very broad to make it look like that of a woamn also, and their shoulder as well!! And will inject their jaw with an oxcid injection, so that there must not be a single hair grow on their jaw for ever and ever,,,, and will also shake the muzle of their taigh (laps) and get it loosed and make it smoot and soft like that of a woman, and after this, the machine will hit the bones of their cheaps inside and make thier cheaps smoot and soft, then finally the machine will help them to pump/shoot out a young virgin’s breast on their chest”
And after all this process, the machine will print some marks of the beast such as ( Rat, cat, dragon, lion, snake, anty, etc,) and give to them, some on their shoulder, while some on their hand, and some on their chest and some on their cheaps and so on.,,, And these boy’s shall never again wear men’s garments rather female apperel and female under-wears all their life, But they are highly respected and also very expensive in their halotory occupation because of the evil process they have under gone which cost some of them $10,000usd, and some $15,000usd, depending on the range/ level of beaulty such reqiure's.

And no man will ever recorgnise them as men, rather women b/cos of their very long and shining hair on their heads, and they are multiplying exceedingly in numbers going every where seducing men and bringing them unto condemination, and men are trooping and giving them a lot of money to go inn with them, beleaving that they are women, not knowing that they are men that have the strainght of men, but have that that seduce’s men also,!! And their Governmental officials are there saying that! We are not corrupt rather we are strong and holy nation that fears God!!

HAVE YOU EVER OBSERVED THIS KIND OF THING B/FORE MR mazaje??,
If you have?! What are your advise to them? But if you have not!, why are you now than casting/condeming a nation like “NIGERIA” and her men of GOD? For sure! so many evangelists have observed fully on what that has been going on in so many churches where so many shephereds have chosen to strenghten the hands of evil doers in “NIGERIA” by praying and blessing the letters of “ 419” men, encourraging them to go ahead santifying the guns of robbers and encourraging the spirit of some Government officials to go ahead in the night time to less secured dometries and kidnap the innocent young virgin boy’s and girls, and kill them and shed their bloods under every green tree’s and upon rocks, and groven and standing images, begging the images to protect them when they go into the offices (FOOLS) Yes, but upon those shepereds that care not for the needs of the widows that attend to church under their shepered hood with one skirt every Sunday,,,,,, rather chose to buy HELICOPTERS, AND JETS, PRADOS AND ESTATES…!!, Shall the plague of Detronomy & shame in the book of Jeremaih Chp 23 vrs 1&2 and Vrs 10 to 34, and in the book of Zachariah Chp 13Vrs 4.5.6.7.8.9 shall fall upon if they refuse to repent and serve faithfully.
God Bless You. smiley
Re: Are Nigerian Pastors Deceiving Nigerians? by Infourmer: 12:30pm On Sep 21, 2007
I dunno know about your pastor sha O,but my pastor ain't deceiving me sha. cheesy
Re: Are Nigerian Pastors Deceiving Nigerians? by Backslider(m): 5:23pm On Sep 22, 2007
@greatben

The sin in Nigeria is so great but God's mercy is unexplainable. I must tell you that there are men that are righteous in Nigeria.

There are backsliden Pastors in Nigeria that will not even take the degree of Sin in other parts of the world. Look at our Anglican priest that have cut off themselves from their church because of the acceptance of gay Bishops.

Some will say why did the Tsunami Happen Just look

Americans and other celebrities of the world that are involved in Child Sex( pedophiles) Go to the places(Asia) that this Tsunami badly Hit.

Note It happened in [b]December and part of the first part of the year [/b]when film actor and other people travel to this places because they have dollar to spend and the poor people need the dollars.

There was a Village ( they live like stone age people) that was saved completely no deaths in this village the Americans and pedophiles did not go there!

Just look at how many Tourist were killed and the locals of the area were killed. This people have sex with C

It cant be a coincidence.

God is merciful and for us who remain alive let us live a Holy live.

shalom
Re: Are Nigerian Pastors Deceiving Nigerians? by Dios(f): 8:25pm On Sep 23, 2007
@Great Ben  grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
You give a whole new meaning to DUMB F#CK

@Back slider, what in the holy name of F#CK are you saying. Are you blaming Americans for the tsunami Are you crazy or just stupid. What part of NATURAL DISASTER don't you understand?

Oh my f#cking god, you people are deranged.
Re: Are Nigerian Pastors Deceiving Nigerians? by Dios(f): 8:30pm On Sep 23, 2007
@Great Ben, it is said that ignorance is bliss, after reading your post I say Ignorance is a very deadly disease. grin grin grin grin

I'm sure some man of god fed you all that crap you just you just regurgitated. Do yourself a favour and pick up something else to read besides the bible.
Surgicalizing machine? grin grin grin grin grin, I don't know why I'm laughing because I'm awestruck by your ignorance. shocked
Re: Are Nigerian Pastors Deceiving Nigerians? by 9ja4eva: 11:53pm On Sep 25, 2007
God will help us
Re: Are Nigerian Pastors Deceiving Nigerians? by raffite: 11:31am On Nov 15, 2008
If pastors can tell their church members that their key to unlimited wealth is in government hands then ,

Pastors can't tell them that because that is not true. Their "unlimited wealth" is in the hands of God not government

Pastors can even start political parties, in some European countiries we have parties like The Christian Democrats, etc.

You claim to know the right thing to do, do it lets see: start your political party. Leave pastors alone.
Re: Are Nigerian Pastors Deceiving Nigerians? by MrCrackles(m): 11:34am On Nov 15, 2008
Truth be told, most of these so-called men of God havnt got a fucking clue!

Yes i said it

God knows best
Re: Are Nigerian Pastors Deceiving Nigerians? by MadMax1(f): 3:47pm On Nov 15, 2008
There are charlatans,but the real deals are there too.

But some of the fakes are so obvious you have to wonder how on earth they managed to get converts. People left their homes and went to Rev King's church. People attended Malaika's church. I saw her on TV and she was bloody ridiculous.

But genuine servants of God,there are. And I don't mean strutting peacocks who expect people older than their parents to call them 'Daddy' and 'Sir', and are swollen-headed with 'annointing'. I mean genuine Christians on a mission for God. Dem dey o.
Re: Are Nigerian Pastors Deceiving Nigerians? by huxley(m): 4:24pm On Nov 15, 2008
In politics, people usually get the kind of leaders they deserve. So if a society is largely corrupt, it is no surprise that their leadership tend to be corrupt. Likewise, in church matters, people get the kind of Pastors they deserve. So if the ordinary church-goer or believer is a simpleton and corrupt, their leader tend to be simpletons and corrupt as well.

So until the ordinary man/woman elevates his/her thinking they will continue to be served by the scum of society.
Re: Are Nigerian Pastors Deceiving Nigerians? by Horus(m): 8:26pm On Nov 16, 2008
[size=15pt]Nigeria: Christ Embassy Pastor Arrested Over N4.5 Fraud[/size]

Lagos 7 October 2008

Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) has arrested a pastor with Christ Embassy Church in Oregun, Lagos State, Dr. (Miss) Fregene Orighomisan Omawumi, for alleged fraudulent foreign exchange deal as well as issuing a dud cheque.
According to the EFCC, the said pastor who started by allegedly obtaining N3million from another member of the church in a fraudulent foreign exchange trade deal in April this year. It said about N1million has been recovered from her.EFCC Head of Media and Publicity, Femi Babafemi, in a statement made available to Daily Champion in Abuja said the victim of the fraud, Mr. Afam Benneth Otiba, said the 33year-old administrative pastor, who is also a medical doctor, obtained the money from him on the pretext that she was going to invest it in online forex trading, promising a 100 per cent return on investment in 45 days.Otiba said he agreed to release the money after the suspect had promised to split the profit with him in a 50-50 ratio and handed a post dated cheque of N4.5million, to cover the capital and the interest to him.According to the EFCC statement, at maturity, the victim took the cheque to the Bank but to his consternation, it bounced.He contacted the suspect who now told him that there was no money to share as she had lost all the money invested in the online forex transaction.All efforts by the victim, who is based in Abuja, to collect his money, even without interest, failed.Instead, the suspect started sending pastors of their church to persuade the victim from taking any action, but the bank where the victim sourced the money would not accept any excuses.It was at this point that the victim decided to report the case to EFCC, which subsequently arrested the pastor. On interrogation, she confessed to have collected the money from the victim, adding She stated that she knew the victim through his sister who is a member of Christ Embassy, Lagos and that she decided to introduce the forex business to him."He gave me N3million in April this year and I promised him N4.5million in 45 days, because the interest I expected from the business was another N3million and we agreed that we would share the interest equally," Pastor Omawumi said. She said that the unusual happened when the President of European Central Bank, Jean-Claude Trichet announced worldwide that there might be increase in the interest rate of Euro and this led to panic buying and eventual crash of the market.The suspect, however, confessed that as of the time she issued the cheque to the victim, she did not have money in the account.The suspect, who claimed to be a full worker at Christ Embassy headquarters, however promised to refund the money as soon as possible.EFCC, which said the Pastor has regretted her action, quoted her as telling its investigators: I feel bad, it was an irrational move, and I should not have been involve."

Source: http://allafrica.com/stories/200810070591.html
Re: Are Nigerian Pastors Deceiving Nigerians? by Kuns: 12:55am On Dec 23, 2008
@joftech

heyyy Horus (Haru)
Raubaat senna,

Many of these pastor lie through their teeth ,  a lot of them are in the game for the takings.

Why don't these pastors get a proper job like Jesus the Carpenter?
Re: Are Nigerian Pastors Deceiving Nigerians? by arramyjay: 5:33am On Dec 23, 2008
Yes they are.
Re: Are Nigerian Pastors Deceiving Nigerians? by KunleOshob(m): 12:48pm On Dec 23, 2008
Pastors are supposed to keep their Jobs as Paul advised in 2 thessalonians, but most of them prefer to be lazy and constitute themselves as a burden to their congregation.

2 Thessalonians 3:6-10:
6 And now, dear brothers and sisters, we give you this command in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ: Stay away from all believers who live idle lives and don’t follow the tradition they received[b] from us. 7[b] For you know that you ought to imitate us. We were not idle when we were with you. 8 We never accepted food from anyone without paying for it. We worked hard day and night so we would not be a burden to any of you. [/b] 9 We certainly had the right to ask you to feed us, but we wanted to give you an example to follow. 10 Even while we were with you, we gave you this command: “Those unwilling to work will not get to eat.”
Re: Are Nigerian Pastors Deceiving Nigerians? by Nobody: 1:22pm On Dec 23, 2008
Kuns:

@joftech

heyyy Horus (Haru)
Raubaat senna,

Many of these pastor lie through their teeth , a lot of them are in the game for the takings.

Why don't these pastors get a proper job like[b] Jesus the Carpenter?[/b]

So that's what he was doing between the ages of 12 and 30, he was making furniture and here I am, thinking he just disappeared. undecided
Re: Are Nigerian Pastors Deceiving Nigerians? by ttalks(m): 1:56pm On Dec 23, 2008
Majority of the Nigerian Pastors are deceiving majority of the Nigerians.They've misrepresented Christianity so badly that they've allowed people like the muslims and some others to have the wrong view of what Christianity is about.Most of them are from the popular and well known churches of today.When you hear muslims criticizing Christianity, it is always that misrepresented view that they criticize cos they have not had the opportunity of experiencing or viewing the proper Christianity.

But thank God that there are a few Nigerian pastors and a few Nigerians who practice and preach true Christianity.
Re: Are Nigerian Pastors Deceiving Nigerians? by Lagosboy: 2:06pm On Dec 23, 2008
Most of these pastors are not but fraudulent business men. In fact they are worse then 419 people or curropt politicians. The reason been that they are stealing in the name of God which is a worse crime.

When i was growing up i use to attend an anglican church and the bishops then were still moral and did not use to live fat on the congregation.

What we have among the current evangelical missions is nothing but fraud!! "God told me there are 100 people here who would donate 10 million naira each" sounds familiar? You work that out!!

The so called universities they are buliding is another business. Students pay high fees and there is profit that goes into the pocket of the pastors. This guys are so smart but Nigerians are foolish.

I have been to rural areas and bielieve me you would not find these churches there as no one there to sow the seeds.

The short cut to wealth is to open a pentecostal church these days!! u go make money so tey u no go know wetin u go use d moni do
Re: Are Nigerian Pastors Deceiving Nigerians? by PastorAIO: 2:21pm On Dec 23, 2008
I don't know if it is so much a matter of the pastors deceiving the nigerians or rather the Nigerians deceiving themselves.
Re: Are Nigerian Pastors Deceiving Nigerians? by KunleOshob(m): 3:31pm On Dec 23, 2008
Pastor AIO:

I don't know if it is so much a matter of the pastors deceiving the nigerians or rather the Nigerians deceiving themselves.
Well it is common knowledge that it is greedy people that fall victim of 419 fraudsters.
Re: Are Nigerian Pastors Deceiving Nigerians? by Frizy(m): 9:00pm On Dec 23, 2008
Re: Are Nigerian Pastors Deceiving Nigerians?

I really think they are.
Re: Are Nigerian Pastors Deceiving Nigerians? by Kuns: 8:53am On Dec 24, 2008
@Martian

So that's what he was doing between the ages of 12 and 30, he was making furniture and here I am, thinking he just disappeared.

Between the Age 2 - 30 Yashua was in Egypt, studying, learning, at the great Mir (Pyramid schools) of Luxor, Karnak, Denderah was where he Study and was wax strong.

That's why when he came back from Egipt he was knocking all the pharisees and Sadduces (sadyousee ) senceless with right knowledge, right wisdom and right overstanding, you get my drift.

He had studied the act of alchemy, molecule transformation, solar biology, sacred geometry, herblogy, mathematic, Craftmanship skill, higher mysteries of ancient Tamare (Egipt) etc, etc etc, he was not only a capentry he also made and sold perfumes.

That was why when Mary wanted to anoint Jesus feet with the oil, and Judas was complaining Jesus said to Judas in John 12: 5 and I quote in parts " Why was not this[b] ointment sold for three hundred pence[/b], and given to the poor?"

Jesus was also selling perfumes Frankincence, Pa Ruwty, Rosemary, Aksum, Sudanese frankincence, Myrrh some of the many natural perfumes oil (very sweet smelling) sold are still produced in the mother and fatherland today, considering all the many changes in our way of life.

He was also a student (member) of the Ancient Mystic Order Of Malachizodok (AMOM). He was also of the Essence brotherhood in the Jordan, which was affiliated to the Ancient Egiptian Order (Order Of Aaron) etc, etc, etc.

Hebrew 7: 11 and I quote in Part " If therefore perfection were by the Levitical priesthood, (for under it the people received the law,) what further need was there that another priest should rise after the[b] order of Melchisedec[/b], and not be called after the order of Aaron?"

He must have had to pay his way and buy food to eat? Some times when he travelled he will have to lodge some where, or isn't he going to pay the inn keeper (hotel receptionist)?
Re: Are Nigerian Pastors Deceiving Nigerians? by Kuns: 1:00pm On Dec 26, 2008
Yes, the pastor are fooling themselves, the slave master are keeping occupied with something they know will never happening.

It only place where these lying pastor, (Black devil helpers of the pale devils in flesh) will see Jesus floating on a cloud is in their dreams.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Omg!! Omg!! Prophet Uebert Angel Miracle Money / Tawhid: The Issue Christians Avoid / Why Do I Feel So Scared At Night?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 190
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.