Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,775 members, 7,817,178 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:53 AM

Can I Become A Lecturer With A 2.2 In First Degree With My MSC - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Can I Become A Lecturer With A 2.2 In First Degree With My MSC (2669 Views)

Father Who Obtained His First Degree At 54 Celebrated By Daughter (Photo) / Kenneth Okwor, 24-Year-Old 1st Class Law Graduate Who Is Already A Lecturer / Nigerian Man Bags Masters Degree With Distinction From UK University. Pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can I Become A Lecturer With A 2.2 In First Degree With My MSC by seunwen2(m): 2:17am On Apr 29, 2016
I studied physics in one of the reputable university we have in Nigeria FUNAAB to be precise. But i plan going for my MSC this year or next year, what are my chances of becoming a lecturer? anybody in the house

1 Like

Re: Can I Become A Lecturer With A 2.2 In First Degree With My MSC by ikubch(m): 3:26am On Apr 29, 2016
seunwen2:
I studied physics in one of the reputable university we have in Nigeria FUNAAB to be precise. But i plan going for my MSC this year or next year, what are my chances of becoming a lecturer? anybody in the house
You aint serious. So, you think all your lecturers had Upper in their first degree?

4 Likes

Re: Can I Become A Lecturer With A 2.2 In First Degree With My MSC by goldenceo1: 6:29am On Apr 29, 2016
The fact that u can proceed to Msc directly without doing pgd shows ur 2.2 is above 3.0 which also qualifies u for lecturing job.

1 Like

Re: Can I Become A Lecturer With A 2.2 In First Degree With My MSC by Olivers2J(f): 9:44am On Apr 29, 2016
My bros @ op i am alrdy in d process (2.2 & doing masters) & by the special grace of God soon i wil become a Lecturer.

Again not all ur lecturers r 2.1 or 1st class jst try & be among the best in ur M.Sc class for easy recommendations.

1 Like

Re: Can I Become A Lecturer With A 2.2 In First Degree With My MSC by Nobody: 9:50am On Apr 29, 2016
Op thinks all his lecturers finished with first class or 2:1 grin grin grin super story

Re: Can I Become A Lecturer With A 2.2 In First Degree With My MSC by mohammad11: 10:17am On Apr 29, 2016
You'll be surprised seeing your lecturers first degree results.
Re: Can I Become A Lecturer With A 2.2 In First Degree With My MSC by Mcowubaba: 11:20am On Apr 29, 2016
Why not......... U can
Re: Can I Become A Lecturer With A 2.2 In First Degree With My MSC by babyfaceafrica: 12:23pm On Apr 29, 2016
Oga ,just do your masters for better school ,finish well with probably phd grade,pray well and be on the look out for job openings in schools.....one thing again...please specialize in a masters that you know people are not many......
Re: Can I Become A Lecturer With A 2.2 In First Degree With My MSC by yomalex(m): 1:17pm On Apr 29, 2016
Of course you can.
Look out for Master and Ph.D scholarships on www.tipsdome.com/category/scholarships
Re: Can I Become A Lecturer With A 2.2 In First Degree With My MSC by Nobody: 5:08pm On Apr 29, 2016
Dude its very possible yup but one thing I feel that can guarantee ur place is either luck or if u have a godfather in the university or a recommendation from a higher authority somewhere

(1) (Reply)

Bauchi State University Gadau Direct Entry, Post UTME And JAMB Cut Off Point / 2017/2018 Post UTME Online Grade Calculator (easily Calculate Your Jamb Grade) / Student Hostel/accommodation Around Tasued, Ijagun

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.