Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,040 members, 7,814,555 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 02:55 PM

Between Blogger And Wordpress, Which Is Better? - Webmasters (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Between Blogger And Wordpress, Which Is Better? (6592 Views)

What Is The Difference Between Blogger Platform And Wordpress Platform / Blogger Or Wordpress, Which One Is Better In Creating Music Blog / Between Blogger And Wordpress (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Between Blogger And Wordpress, Which Is Better? by fineyemi(m): 8:27am On May 01, 2016
Have tried both but wordpress is the best. I actually blog on blogger though.
Re: Between Blogger And Wordpress, Which Is Better? by unitysheart(m): 8:35am On May 01, 2016
WordPress for me.
Re: Between Blogger And Wordpress, Which Is Better? by Nobody: 9:14am On May 01, 2016
fineyemi:
Have tried both but wordpress is the best. I actually blog on blogger though.
Why because of hosting costs?
Re: Between Blogger And Wordpress, Which Is Better? by BelloP: 10:11am On May 01, 2016
WordPress is two different things. One is similar to blogger. It seems some people here are interchanging them.
Re: Between Blogger And Wordpress, Which Is Better? by nkpommpko(m): 10:16am On May 01, 2016
Please can I monetize my WordPress blogs, I want to place banners on it, how do I go about it?
Re: Between Blogger And Wordpress, Which Is Better? by seoconsultant(m): 10:54am On May 01, 2016
Between Blogger and Wordpress, which is better?
It depends on functionality but from data and record, wordpress surpass all.
read more via Top 5 Best Blogging Platforms
Re: Between Blogger And Wordpress, Which Is Better? by kstadaura: 11:30am On May 01, 2016
uchennaq:

2. Do you know that with blogger, you don't need to pay for monthly hosting or yearly hosting just like wordpress? Simply pay for your domain name and connect it to your blogger. Unlike wordpress hosting for 1 year that can cost up to 20000 naira.

hello bro pls i have question regarding your post about blogger,. Do you mean that the moment i choose the name i want for my blog and open it its already online? i.e myname..com?
and pls can i have a blog with only links just like nairaland homepage with blogger? thanks.
Re: Between Blogger And Wordpress, Which Is Better? by seeun(m): 12:03pm On May 01, 2016
Any Wordpress expert in.ibadan. pls lets chat 08181571365
Re: Between Blogger And Wordpress, Which Is Better? by mohammad11: 1:26pm On May 01, 2016
Someone should please differentiate between Wordpress.org &
Kindly quote me.

2 Likes

Re: Between Blogger And Wordpress, Which Is Better? by abdul4me(m): 2:57pm On May 01, 2016
I prefer WordPress to all web platform available because of its flexibility and huge development community behind it, or talk of endless theme and plugins. Limitation to the use of WordPress lies in your imagination.

I build Civil Engineering design calculation application with 95% WordPress engine, customized plugins and theme built with outlook template obtained from http://www.jankoatwarpspeed.com/wp-content/uploads/examples/OutlookWebUI/

Till today many users thought the apps were built in ASP.net.
http://www.jankoatwarpspeed.com/wp-content/uploads/examples/OutlookWebUI/
Re: Between Blogger And Wordpress, Which Is Better? by Nobody: 5:00pm On May 01, 2016
nkpommpko:
Please can I monetize my WordPress blogs, I want to place banners on it, how do I go about it?

Do you mean the self hosted WordPress blog or the free ones?
Re: Between Blogger And Wordpress, Which Is Better? by Nobody: 5:07pm On May 01, 2016
mohammad11:
Someone should please differentiate between Wordpress.org &

Kindly quote me.

is the free version of WordPress. When you register on , your domain would be something like this chrisakuneme.. With this free version of WordPress, you are limited to so many things e.g you can't place ads on the blog.

WordPress.org is the paid version of WordPress. You can configure it to work with your own domain witout the . wordpress sub-domain. This WordPress.org version of WordPress comes with a gazillion of benefits over the latter. For example, you can use premium plugins and themes, you can place any ads of your choice.

To use the wordpress.org version of WordPress, you have to pay monthly or yearly fees to your host provider.
Re: Between Blogger And Wordpress, Which Is Better? by Nobody: 5:11pm On May 01, 2016
kstadaura:

hello bro pls i have question regarding your post about blogger,. Do you mean that the moment i choose the name i want for my blog and open it its already online? i.e myname..com?
and pls can i have a blog with only links just like nairaland homepage with blogger? thanks.

When you choose your domain name, your blog is already online and yes, you can have a blog with just links at the homepage like nairaland. You have to look for a template or developer that can build to your taste.
Re: Between Blogger And Wordpress, Which Is Better? by Eze2000(m): 5:40pm On May 01, 2016
uchennaq:
1. Wordpress is great but you can't also disregard blogger because of the wordpress premium like themes it's developers are making. This is really giving wordpress a good run for their money.

2. Do you know that with blogger, you don't need to pay for monthly hosting or yearly hosting just like wordpress? Simply pay for your domain name and connect it to your blogger. Unlike wordpress hosting for 1 year that can cost up to 20000 naira.

3. Are you aware that blogger is already SEO, hosted by blogger itself, you have an edge of getting your pages indexed if you know what your doing.

4. Also using blogger to get enrolled in adsense is easier than using wordpress according to research.

5. Another disadvantage of wordpress is hosting companies always complain that it overload their server and you risk getting shut down for minutes or hours(personal experience from godaddy).

Hello
I'm thinking of opening a blog soon but was confused as to whether to go with wordpress or blogger. I have books n nice stories to display, interresting things to post about.
Does blogger/free blog give me control over advert posts?
And being a novice I got to ask do I need special training to start a blog?
Re: Between Blogger And Wordpress, Which Is Better? by Phemzeal(f): 5:46pm On May 01, 2016
Chrisakuneme:

When you choose your domain name, your blog is already online and yes, you can have a blog with just links at the homepage like nairaland. You have to look for a template or developer that can build to your taste.

Are you in need of templates like nairaland.com or naijapress.com
Email: infophemzeal at gmail.com
Re: Between Blogger And Wordpress, Which Is Better? by Hydronium(m): 5:53pm On May 01, 2016
I don't care whether its blogger or wordpress. My own is that every content to be uploaded must be properly edited.
Again, that's why I'm here. See below.
Re: Between Blogger And Wordpress, Which Is Better? by nkpommpko(m): 8:10pm On May 01, 2016
Chrisakuneme:

Do you mean the self hosted WordPress blog or the free ones?
the free ones. www.nijagemsblog.
Re: Between Blogger And Wordpress, Which Is Better? by martinkem(m): 8:37pm On May 01, 2016
I think it depends on the type of functionality that you require, if you need a purpose built website with tons of functionality such as ecommerce and what not. WordPress is the way to go. But if you're just trying to set up a simple blog and then later see what hkw you can improve on it then blogger is your best bet.

Blogger pared with the right theme could work out really well for you. check my signature.

if you're a newbie, I'd advice you to go with Blogger, then activate mobile blogging via email and use Inbox by Google to post. Learn a little bit about html just a little bit for download links and references.

Blogger is the best for beginners and hobbyists
Re: Between Blogger And Wordpress, Which Is Better? by Nobody: 8:39pm On May 01, 2016
nkpommpko:
the free ones. www.nijagemsblog.
First of all you should read this https://en.support./advertising/.

If the ads are affiliates ads or services you render, you can easily add a widget/image-ad at your side bar.
Re: Between Blogger And Wordpress, Which Is Better? by mohammad11: 9:39pm On May 01, 2016
Chrisakuneme:

is the free version of WordPress. When you register on , your domain would be something like this chrisakuneme.. With this free version of WordPress, you are limited to so many things e.g you can't place ads on the blog.

WordPress.org is the paid version of WordPress. You can configure it to work with your own domain witout the . wordpress sub-domain. This WordPress.org version of WordPress comes with a gazillion of benefits over the latter. For example, you can use premium plugins and themes, you can place any ads of your choice.

To use the wordpress.org version of WordPress, you have to pay monthly or yearly fees to your host provider.
Thanks

1 Like

Re: Between Blogger And Wordpress, Which Is Better? by MifiHost: 7:16am On May 02, 2016
MifiHost Offer

Buy a domain from MifiHost and get a free Web hosting account to host your WordPress or joomla website. It's free. No monthly or yearly renewal fee. You only renew your domain. Visit www.mifihost.com now

(1) (2) (Reply)

Quickteller.com Does Not Work, Any Working Option ???? / Tips For New Bloggers. / Omotola.com Domain Name For Sale At $325,000

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.